Palletshipping - Page 61
Page 61 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Palletshipping

Default Re: Go Go Gadget Palletshipping Thread Revival

Quote Originally Posted by Destry View Post
    Definitely in Battle for the Badge (or whatever the episode was officially titled), when Ash runs in while Gary is returning from unconsciousness from Mewtwo's attack and holds him. <3 Not a very original answer, but well.

*points* I second that! That was easily the best Palletshippy moment of the Kanto season.

Hi, everybody! I spent *all day* going through all the archives in this thread, because for about a month now (and for no real reason I can think of), I've been head-over-heels insane over ShiShi. I actually think I may have been a closet shipper the last time I was really into Pokemon, which was back in seventh grade, which was... a REALLY long time ago. Actually I was more of a Gary fangirl back then, so that might explain why...

Anyhow, that's my spiel. Now I'm off to go find a suitable avatar. Nice meeting all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLadyYuki View Post
    Anyhow, that's my spiel. Now I'm off to go find a suitable avatar. Nice meeting all of you!
    Definitely! :D I'm glad ShiShi is still very much alive. I was always a hardcore Gary fan too, so the whole Palletshipping thing came reeally naturally, haha.

Mew's Chosen Otaku AnimeDutchess's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Palletshipping (and anything else really)

...Hooooo thread is alive again. ^_^;

Monkey Baby The Ninja

...It's an inside joke with me and my six P2P friends. From our trip to JAPAN. Of course you don't get it. XD

The games shouldn't be called Harvest MOON. They should be called Harvest CRACK. - Myself

Are people still wanting to write a story? Because I read the last five or six pages about it and it sounded intriguing.

I would be willing to offer to help with the plot and a little of the writing (no time to do huge chunks though). I used to be pretty good at playing "plot doctor" to my friends' stories....
    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.

My Pokémon fics. Let me show you them.

I'm not sure if I could actually help write the collab story... I've only got two fanfics to my name, and while I do like to write, I'm not really keen on having to do so under pressure (if we're all expected to take turns writing chapters, for instance).

Here’s my suggestion for how to work Gary into the fic:
    One thing I really do like is the idea that he will be the one to meet Uxie. *points to that particular discussion way back in the archives* He and a small team could be in the Lake Acuity area doing their research stuff (or he could even be there on his own, somehow), and he could clash with Domino, who's heard about Uxie and wants to utilize its powers for her own gain. Naturally a battle ensues, but Gary and Umbreon are unprepared for her Black Tulip attacks and he is forcefully brought into the cave to witness the capture of Uxie. However, Uxie has plans of its own, and secretly possesses Gary (since he is a strong representation of the force that it stands for: knowledge), to avoid being taken by Domino. Unfortunately, this kinda backfires; frustrated at Uxie’s unexplained disappearance and realizing she now risks someone tipping the police off as to what she was up to, Domino decides to take Gary with her as a hostage. Umbreon, however, manages to escape, heading for Snowpoint City to find help.

OK... feel free to laugh at my corniness... or feel free to play around with my idea if you do like it; maybe have someone other than Domino threatening Uxie. I just like the idea of Gary being the one in trouble rather than Ash. I mean...Ash gets in trouble A LOT. It kinda gets boring after a while ^_^
    Last edited by TheLadyYuki; 1st April 2009 at 06:17 PM.

I really like your idea of Gary in trouble instead of Ash, and I like Domino taking him hostage - in fact I like everything about it...except...for involving Uxie.

But only because it's blatantly a part of the current arc on the show.

I like many elements of it, (Uxie posessing Gary because he embodies knowledge is a really excellent point of connection)...but I always hesitate to write something that I know will inevitably run smack into the brick wall of canon. I mean, it's bound to be rendered instantly obsolete as soon as the DP plot starts really hittin' and gittin, and I hate stories with, well, a short shelf life.

Diverging from canon is different; that's normal, and all fanfic is essentially doing that. It's making guesses about canon elements that haven't been fully revealed yet, and are bound to turn out to be wrong, that makes me squirm.
    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.

Ah, you've got a point about clashing with canon, and I wholeheartedly agree. I just got back into the fandom and hadn't quite gotten up to date with where the show is Thanks for the clarification.

*tries to think of an alternate scenario where Gary and Domino could meet, since I want to keep that part* And nice signature, by the way ^_^

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

That's actually a really good idea, Lady Yuki. And Aeon, I think we could make it work with the canon instead of against it, mainly by involving all 3 of the lake trio instead of just Uxie. How about something like this?

The fic starts off as a Pearlshipping fic; Dawn and Ash are either dating, or Dawn is dropping hints so obvious that even Ash notices them, and he doesn't exactly seem against the idea of being in a relationship with Dawn. Gary gets kinda down about it, but doesn't really know why, and heads off to Lake Acuity (this assumes the group is in Snowpoint). Cue the events in Lady Yuki's post. Dawn and Ash, being connected with Mespirit and Azelf, respectively, are drawn into a plot which involves Domino stealing/capturing ALL of the lake guardians. Along the way, Gary and Ash realize how much they mean to each other, yadda yadda yadda...that's really as far as I've gotten. But what about a plot similar to this?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

I'd actually prefer steering clear of the Lake Guardians entirely, except maybe in a peripheral way. I mean, why have Domino do something we know that Galactic are out to do? It's like...retreading something ahead of time (if that makes any sense at all ).

We've already got Moltres appearing in Sinnoh, so others could as well...could we perhaps use other, less timely, Legendaries that the show's creators aren't gonna bother with any time soon, if ever? That way if we keep it consistent with established behavior, we have an otherwise open playing field.

(Ultra-mixed metaphors brought to you courtesy of Waring Blenders)

P.S. - thank you about my sig, Lady Yuki. I riffed it m'self...
    Last edited by ShinyAeon; 2nd April 2009 at 10:32 AM.

I'm not good with collab. fics, so I'm out, but it'd be awesome if a group of you made one! :D It reminds me of a round robin the community did in the Palletshipping Yahoo! group, which was pretty awesome. ♥

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyAeon View Post
    We've already got Moltres appearing in Sinnoh, so others could as well...could we perhaps use other, less timely, Legendaries that the show's creators aren't gonna bother with any time soon, if ever?
    You mean Zapdos?

Well, all right...what about the Jhoto trio, then? That's about the only trio left, seeing as how I don't see this working all that great with the Regi's. Plus, it's only speculation at this point about whether or not Jhoto will be the anime location of Sinnoh's Battle Frontier, so we're not messing with continuity (though really, sometimes that's half the fun of fanfiction ). I do think it works better with the lake trio, though...they're in specific locations, rather than just randomly wandering around. But eh, I'll go with the popular vote on this one.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Actually, Johto isn't necessary...it occurs to me that it's not all Sinnoh Legendaries, just the Lake Trio that I hesitate to use, since they are part of the current major arc.

But there's Darkrai, who's pretty much had its major role in the anime, and Cresselia, who hasn't yet, but since it's so tied up with Darkrai's and they didn't use it, Cresselia will probably only get the episode it's had (does anyone know what it was like in it?) and may be safe to play with.

I haven't seen the Shaymin movie, but that's another Sinnoh Legendary who's been elaborated on already.

Then there's the Unown, Latias/Latios (not the Altomare Latias), Phione...

Of course, if you really like the idea of one of the Johto Trio, that would be fine, too. :)

Hmmm... Shaymin... That reminds me of an idea I had that we could use, concerning where you find Shaymin in the Diamond/Pearl games. I know I probably don't need a spoiler tag, but better safe than sorry, right?

I'm not sure how we can get the rest of the story to lead up to that point, but I like the idea of that being the moment where Ash realizes just how important Gary is to him. ^_^

OOOOOOoooo! That's GREAT!

That just gave me a chill, literally.

OOOOOOoooo! That's GREAT!

That just gave me a chill, literally.