Palletshipping - Page 141
Page 141 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2790

Thread: Palletshipping

Default Re: Palletshipping (and anything else really)

Quote Originally Posted by Mleen View Post
    I don't get it. You don't fit in your definition of 'shipper'. If you're no shipper, what are you doing here anyway? >_<
    I wanted to see if palletshippers had some hints from garyxash.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterUrban View Post
    I wanted to see if palletshippers had some hints from garyxash.
    Well, most of the hints are collected in the Bulbapedia article on Palletshipping.

@Ren the Ryoko: Oh yesh of course =D Is the anime already at the Sinnoh League or before that? Because I really want Gary to be there... I mean, he HAS to be there. Gary is also in Sinnoh, so he got no excuse.
    I'm not exactly sure. I'm not caught up.
    I want Gary there so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren the Ryoko View Post
    I'm not exactly sure. I'm not caught up.
    I want Gary there so bad.
    What would be the point? Ash and Gary had zero chemistry when he came to Sinnoh.

What would be the point? Ash and Gary had zero chemistry when he came to Sinnoh.
    I disagree. No, they weren't as confrontational as they had been in the past. That's one nice thing about Palletshipping. Their interaction and relationship actually has shown dynamic changes over time.

But we still saw Ash want to battle Gary and prove himself to him.

For Ash and Gary, it went from an interesting, unpredictable, nuanced relationship to another run-of-the-mill buddy one. Just like the majority of the cast.

There is nothing to prove now that Gary is a researcher.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Since the show is from the POV of the heroes, it's Ash's victories that mean a finality. Once he defeats someone that he hadn't, or couldn't before, that part of his plot is over (excluding League battles and opponents he's meant to lose to, keeping him from the win, to keep his journey going).

We've actually yet to meet a character who hunts Ash down because Ash beat them, turning the tables on that sort of character convenience.

The reason Ash doesn't have the same feelings of rivalry is because he's already beaten Gary. It'll happen to Paul too. If he beats Paul in the League, Paul's gone with perhaps minor reconciliation (you don't see the error in your ways from being tromped).

Gary's character arc in relation to Ash ending in Johto; the rivalry is gone. The friendship is still there, however. Just because it's not simmering with Ash being an idiot like he used to...it says something.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Offtopic, but did anyone notice that all pokemon shippers on youtube are...slightly overweight?

Anyway, its still too bad that the whole Satoshi-Shigeru rivalry died now, that's what made the original series so unique. Not its more on the bland side, i guess that's why the shippings exploded within a few years that was the only way to maintain the initial interest on the anime.

But on-topic now. In an alternate future, Gary is a gym leader and Ash a pokemon master, how will their relationship be like then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mleen View Post
    And welcome back too Sakarii xD I love your post, I agree with everything <3
    Thank you~ It felt great to think about these two again!

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    Gary's character arc in relation to Ash ending in Johto; the rivalry is gone. The friendship is still there, however. Just because it's not simmering with Ash being an idiot like he used to...it says something.
    I agree with your whole post, especially this last part. I think their friendship will definitely play a more larger part. While their rivalry won't ever be that BURNING PASSION like it used to, I can see them easily getting into those roles when they disagree. And that's what I love about this ship; their dynamic relationship opens many different possibilities and makes playing them even more fun.

Offtopic, but did anyone notice that all pokemon shippers on youtube are...slightly overweight?
    So... your point?
    "You're a true Samurai, being loyal to such a stupid Master." -Seijuro Hiko

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarii View Post
    I agree with your whole post, especially this last part. I think their friendship will definitely play a more larger part. While their rivalry won't ever be that BURNING PASSION like it used to, I can see them easily getting into those roles when they disagree. And that's what I love about this ship; their dynamic relationship opens many different possibilities and makes playing them even more fun.
    I dont see what's so dynamic about it. Before yes, but how long is the friendship factor going to be stretched out. Ash had countless "friends' over the series, and his best friend now is Dawn. What counts is how the friendship remains active, not just "hey, hi, nice to see you, bye". Its better to relive the glory days of yaoi pokemon because hoping for some development is hopeless.

Blog Entries

I hope that wasn't aimed at me, sir.

I dont see what's so dynamic about it. Before yes, but how long is the friendship factor going to be stretched out. Ash had countless "friends' over the series, and his best friend now is Dawn. What counts is how the friendship remains active, not just "hey, hi, nice to see you, bye". Its better to relive the glory days of yaoi pokemon because hoping for some development is hopeless.
    ....Is Brock invisible or something? Dawn isn't his "best" friend, she's a "close" friend, just like May, Tracey, and Max were also close friends. Arguably, Ash's best friends are the original three: Misty, Brock, and Gary. Gary, because that's what they were from the time they were children, and Brock and Misty, because I believe he did call them that, at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    ....Is Brock invisible or something? Dawn isn't his "best" friend, she's a "close" friend, just like May, Tracey, and Max were also close friends. Arguably, Ash's best friends are the original three: Misty, Brock, and Gary. Gary, because that's what they were from the time they were children, and Brock and Misty, because I believe he did call them that, at some point.
    We are talking about the current generation here. In DP Brock is just a butler and encyclopedia. So all the friendship interaction is directed to Dawn (there is no fourth wheel like Max either). Its also more developed than it was previously. Anytime Ash argued with someone before, they just left it at that.
    Now, when Ash argues with Dawn they always have to make up. Then Dawn holding back celebrating with Zoey and planning of her next journey to support Ash in the League. So before it was about camaraderie instead of friendship. Since she is the closest friend, she is by default his best friend in the saga.

Blog Entries

That's not how friendship works. Just because the other characters drop off the face of the earth and occasionally crop back up doesn't mean the friendometer gets reset. Ash retains his friendships, and his feelings on those relationships. He isn't going to make a best friend out of someone just because they are conveniently there to do so with.

And close is bull. Just because Brock walks around in the background...really, he's not a best friend? How many years have they been together? Just because the show doesn't make it a focal point to focus on their relationship (since the whole point of the show itself is to promote Contests [Dawn] and battling overall [Ash]; of course the girl is gonna be focused on a whole lot; it brings in a female demographic), they're not best friends?

This also isn't the place to be arguing this.

The anime is not real life, what matters is how the current story is presented. Think about it, 13 years passed since the start of the anime. However, Ash is still 10 and Brock is just some acquittance breeder along for the ride. Anything older than 5 years that is not part of the show currently is essentially forgotten.

Well, this is sort of offtopic. However, it relates to the fate of Gary eventually. Come 3 years and he everyone will be like, Gary who?

Sure, anime isn't real life, but just like any other fictional story, some things in real life inspire whats in them. 8\

Seriously, if you wanna argue, take it somewhere else. I don't know about anyone else on here, but you are seriously rubbing me the wrong way with some of your arguments. Not 'cuz I'm a fan of this couple, but 'cuz I can relate to Ash and Gary's friendship in the same way as my friendship with my childhood friend. Just 'cuz we both live far away and don't see each other as much, does not mean we are not good friends anymore. We still have our strong bonds and try to keep in touch as much as possible. I miss him very much and vice versa. Who is to say that Ash and Gary's friendship (and anyone else that Ash is friends with) isn't inspired by such a friendship like mine? >8/

As much as I wish to say more, I'm going to end it here, for if I continue on, it may get ugly, and I don't want anyone getting banned. I just had to butt in and put in my 2 cents on this 'cuz this is really irritating me and I wish to move onto something else, please?
    Last edited by KanikaOkami; 24th May 2010 at 02:22 AM.

♪On The Corner Of Main Street, Just Tryin' To Keep It In Line

Follow OddObsession on Tumblr

...er, what does that have to do with anything? o_O

But on-topic now. In an alternate future, Gary is a gym leader and Ash a pokemon master, how will their relationship be like then?
    Kind of like the games with Red and Blue, depending on your definition of 'pokemon master'. I don't think it'd change too much. Even if Ash did manage to succeed in his dream, I don't think he'll stop traveling. I think it's such a part of him now, to keep moving around. He'll keep exploring and trying to do even better than before.
    Truthfully, he probably wouldn't see Gary that much as Gary would be stuck at a gym, meaning less travel than usual. I do like to think that he'll see Gary more often, though. But then again, I like to think that about every situation someone puts those two in =P
    I'm not trying to change the subject or anything. Of course not.