Palletshipping - Page 106

Page 106 of 186 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2789
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Palletshipping

Gonna be the very best TheLadyYuki's Avatar

Default Re: Palletshipping (and anything else really)

I, on the other hand, really have no excuse for not being here for months. >_> Sorry, everyone. I'll try to be less of a vaporous presence in future. Lemme make up for it by trying to answer this topic thingy of Wonnykins's, here.

What is YOUR opinion on what Ash and Gary's childhoods were like? It's known through manga that Gary's parents are dead, but was never touched on in the anime, and Ash's own dad is missing. What do YOU think would be shown in the anime of the three of them, and how would they be portrayed, (i.e. some think Ash's father was a trainer and left to do more training, some think he died, etc.)? And, most importantly, do you think Ash and Gary were actually friends when they were younger, like the games and manga suggest, and if so, what do you think made them friends to begin with?

Hmm...Well, as far as Gary's family goes, I think his sister may have met the same fate as his parents, which is why we never see her in the anime either. Maybe it was a car accident, maybe something more sinister. Whatever the case, I don't think Gary himself even knows the truth, being as he was very young at the time...

I do remember reading in an edition of the Pokemon Deluxe Handbook that Gary had been learning about Pokemon since the day he was born. So, even before what happened that caused him to live with his grandfather, his knowledge was quite extensive. And while he may have been able to impress just about any adult he came across, it was probably different with most kids his age. Maybe all the other children were so intimidated by the fact that he knew so much more than they did that they ostracised him rather than look up to him. And this is where Ash - the sole exception - comes in.

Maybe they bonded at first simply because neither of them had fathers in their lives. Gary mentions he's been raised by his grandpa, but Ash doesn' think to ask him who his grandpa is. In fact, Gary himself doesn't realize just who his grandfather is until a little later. Then he gets the idea that, 'hey, this guy is famous. People look up to him. And I'm related to him'. So he starts using his status as the Grandson of the Great Professor Oak to get more popular, and since that's the way the grand mentality works, it's a huge success. Or at least it appears to be. And it's around this point he decides he's going to be the world's greatest Pokemon Trainer, because really, what more fitting goal is there to have?

But then comes Ash, back into the picture. And suddenly, deep down, Gary gets nervous. Why? Because in the years that they've been friends, it seemed to him that his dear old grandpa always paid particularly special attention to Ash. Never mind that the same can be said for Delia in Gary's case; that doesn't matter. Suddenly he sees Ash as dangerous, someone who could potentially steal everything away from him. So he gloats when it appears that Ash is too late to recieve any starters from the professor, because it means Ash won't have the chance to take the goal that Gary believes rightfully belongs to him. That self-satisfaction vanishes, however, as soon as he calls his grandfather to talk about his progress and learns that, yet again, Ash had "the rules" bent for him just so he could start his journey.

And the rest as they say, is history.

(No, I really have no idea what might have happened to Ash's father. I haven't done much thinking in that particular area ^^;)

Blog Entries

Well whenever I am on Kari nobody else is on so go figure! LOL

People! Today is a HAPPY, HAPPY day... Because... I have... 1000 pics of PalletShipping! I AM SO HAPPY!!

Here, have the one that make them 1000!

I never thought that I would get to 1000 *_* (BTW, I'm not couting the OriginalShippinf ones XD)

Blog Entries

Congrats Paty! :) That's an awesome achievement! (if you're like us)
    lol

Don't worry, Lady Yuki, it's okay. Everyone is busy.
    Last edited by Kari; 7th February 2010 at 12:02 PM.
    Old enough to know better;

young enough to do it anyway.

Blog Entries

1000?! That's crazy. Congrats! ^^ That's so cool.
    I just back from a sleepover. It was a friend's thirteenth birthday. We stayed up until six in the morning. Brilliant, huh? XD I'm tired now.

Blog Entries

Hey, I was at a sleepover birthday party today too!! 0_0 Freaky... only it was her 12th birthday.
    We stayed up until 2:00.
    And I'm always tired.

Blog Entries

Wow at least it was only 2...lol you must drink coffee then huh?

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...Kinda getting off-topic, this thread is.
    <--accidentally spammed with a two-word post earlier in this thread
    ...that's not hypocrisy, exactly...

Anyway, this pic here is one of my favorites. Maybe it's been posted before, maybe it hasn't.
    I'm kinda hoping it hasn't.

I just love Ashley/Satoko. Ash as a girl = epic win.
    Gary + Ash as a girl = epic win with a side order of awesomesauce.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss08.gif  

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

Blog Entries

ahh yes back when boys and girls could crossdress without fear of being judged...just don't run your hand up her dress Gary ;)

Blog Entries

No, I don't drink coffee. It's disgusting *throws up*

Anyway, yes, Lawnmowergirl, you are quite right right about us being off-track and thanks for keeping us in line.

Hey, you know...
    If Gary thought Ash (Ashley in this case) was a girl, do you think he would give him/her Valentine's gifts? If so, what?

Smell Ya Later! The Great Gary Oak's Avatar

@Kari: I'm not a big coffee fan, either, but my awake periods now seem to be going from 7-8am to 1-2-am. It's all this Coke Zero, I think...(does this stuff even HAVE caffeine? It lacks carbs and calories...IS DELICIOUS), but it also may be because I'm a college student. >>;

AND YOUR QUESTION. YES. I'm looking forward to answering it.

If Gary thought Ash (Ashley in this case) was a girl, do you think he would give him/her Valentine's gifts? If so, what?

Compared to all the girls he used to have in his cheerleading squad, Ashley's not really his type, but then again, he may like cute little blonds with loud mouths and bright orange dresses, (or MAID CAFE dresses).

Would he give Ashley something for V-Day? I think he would if he saw how popular 'she' was, i.e. just about everyone ELSE is trying to give 'her' things, as well. He'd use his last name to try and gain some kind of interest from 'her', although, as we know it's just Ash, he likely won't care, and THAT will be what makes Gary try harder to win Ashley over.

The gift? More than likely something expensive, that none of the other boys interested in Ashley could ever DREAM of affording, like genuine precious stone jewelry, (I'd say diamonds, but I think that's a bit over the edge; makes me think of marriage, and Gary wants to win over Ashley, not marry 'her'), or maybe he surprises 'her' with a date to this really hard-to-get-into five-star restaurant. Me thinks Ashley would prefer the restaurant overall, since we all know how her male counterpart likes food...THAT would be a rather...interesting...date. I could even see poor Gary doing all that and MORE, if he was really determined, maybe even getting to really like 'her' more then just some 'girl' who presented him, unknowingly, with a challenge.

As to whether he knows it's Ash or not...On one hand, Gary's smart. He's probably not going to be fooled by just a wig and a dress, so he'd probably play along up until the night of the 14th, and then tell Ash he knows it's him. The sweeter part of that is that he STILL went through all the trouble to get Ash/Ashley to be his Valentine, knowing that 'she' was really a he.

On the other, though...let's face it: even Brock and Misty didn't recognize Ash in his disguise. If Gary DIDN'T know...then I'm betting the reveal wouldn't turn out well...Or, OR! Even better! Ashley flees before 'she' can reveal who 'she' is and leaves Gary wondering if he'll ever see 'her' again...and leaving poor Ash with a permanent crush on his rival. Poor boys. <3
    PalletShipping<3<3<3PayHisRansomShipping

^Long live the Coke Zero XD

...No, i don't have a good reason for being away. Sorry... I'm just busy, I hardly have the time to even look into this thread. Please forgive me </3 But okay, I'll answer the (older) topic~

What is YOUR opinion on what Ash and Gary's childhoods were like? It's known through manga that Gary's parents are dead, but was never touched on in the anime, and Ash's own dad is missing. What do YOU think would be shown in the anime of the three of them, and how would they be portrayed, (i.e. some think Ash's father was a trainer and left to do more training, some think he died, etc.)? And, most importantly, do you think Ash and Gary were actually friends when they were younger, like the games and manga suggest, and if so, what do you think made them friends to begin with?
    Well, most of you have told my thoughts on this whole situation but okay, I’ll tell my opinion:
    I do think that Gary’s parents died in a car accident. That would be the most logical thing in my opinion. I first thought that his parents moved to somewhere else for Pokémon research. But then we should have heard at least something from them, shouldn’t we? And I don’t think they would be so cruel to leave Gary behind like that. And what about his sister? Maybe she was with her parents in that car. I couldn’t think of another reason for her absence in the anime.
    And Ash’s father? I don’t know, really. He could’ve died either, or he left without saying where he went. Perhaps Ash’s father wasn’t a bad man. I mean, he’s the father of ASH. Ash has never done anything wrong, right? But… he could have been an abusive man and just left Delia and Ash.
    And maybe that’s why Gary and Ash became friends. They needed each other because they were both having a bad time. It could be a start of an innocent friendship… Gary didn’t have the parents who gave him attention, and his grandfather was working all the time. So, a friend like Ash would give him the attention he needed. And as for Ash, I think it’s because he lost his dad. His father would have been Ash’s example for training Pokémon, the facts of life, ect. So he wanted someone else to look up to. That would be Gary.
    And despite some moments of arguing, I think they had a great childhood together. Though I’m not sure what ended their close friendship. Most people would say that the one wanted to be better than the other and caused the rivalry. Or Gary suddenly stopped talking to Ash, kind of abandoning him, afraid that the friendship would grow too close… But I’m getting too Palletshippy now. x3

And about the newer question, I'll answer in when I know the answer to it >_< But I have to say that I like ShiShiShpprWonnykins's answer ^_^

@Paty: Congratulations! :) Maybeeeee... could you show us your collection if you want? I'm curious now x3

I wonder what happened to the blog at http://oriso-ufo.sakura.ne.jp/
    The artist's old site at http://bbs2.oebit.jp/kikubariufo/ still appears to be intact.
    Last edited by Tejo; 9th February 2010 at 09:32 PM.

.:~*ShiShi*~:.

Oh, sorry guys for not writing in the thread >.< I've been reading almost everything anyway... xD But I thought I would begin to post again :3

Paty: Wow :D Can't you share? ^____^ Maybe theres some pictures I haven't yet x3 .. I though on share to soon... when I've sorted my pictures >.> .... But I'm soon finished with that! XD I'm not really sure how many pictures I have yet thou :3 well well

... and I'm to tired to fill in a topic xD sorry guys ><

Blog Entries

It's okay, Yumi. It's good to see you back ^^