Palletshipping - Page 105

Page 105 of 186 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2789
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Palletshipping

Blog Entries

Default Re: Palletshipping (and anything else really)

Fireflies doesn't make sense to me at all, so I couldn't say =P
    As for the topic... NO IDEA!!!!!!! XD How the **** am I supposed to answer that when I don't know anything about their childhood anyway? >:(
    Haha lol =P
    But even if I did, I couldn't answer it anyway, question's too complex for me.

Shinnie: Welcome! You joined the forums for mainly the same reason I did. wahaha
    Old enough to know better;

young enough to do it anyway.

"Alerting all VOC@LOIDs." hopeandjoy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms fit's 'em like a glove.

What is YOUR opinion on what Ash and Gary's childhoods were like? It's known through manga that Gary's parents are dead, but was never touched on in the anime, and Ash's own dad is missing. What do YOU think would be shown in the anime of the three of them, and how would they be portrayed, (i.e. some think Ash's father was a trainer and left to do more training, some think he died, etc.)? And, most importantly, do you think Ash and Gary were actually friends when they were younger, like the games and manga suggest, and if so, what do you think made them friends to begin with?

I think that Shigeru's parents did die, as did Satoshi's father (the Japanese version talks about his GRANDfather, not his father). I think that Shigeru and Satoshi were best friends. I mean that they were like brothers. They did everything together, went everywhere together, and you couldn't see one without the other. They became friends because Satoshi was only kid who would approach Shigeru. As they grew older, Shigeru gained more friends and Satoshi just stayed around Shigeru. Shigeru was older, so his other friends urged him to lose Satoshi. Satoshi was crushed and did what ten-year-olds do: he made Shigeru his rival to make Shigeru like him again.

Blog Entries

^ wow you just explained what I was gonna say

^^Oh, I like that theory about their parents too and hey, I learnt something new about Ash's grandparents. Awesome.

The song "Incredible" by Darius Danesh imo really fits Palletshipping from Shigeru's side to Satoshi's.

Smell Ya Later! The Great Gary Oak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    As for the topic... NO IDEA!!!!!!! XD How the **** am I supposed to answer that when I don't know anything about their childhood anyway? >:(
    Haha lol =P
    But even if I did, I couldn't answer it anyway, question's too complex for me.
    That was the point of the question: There isn't a whole lot known on their childhood other then the scattered facts:
    -That, in the manga, Gary's parents were killed in a car accident.
    -That, in the anime, Gary's parents aren't mentioned at all and Ash's own father is mysteriously absent.
    -And that, in the first generation games, the instruction booklets say that, at one point, the rivals were once friends. Yet at the same time, the professor goes on to say that they've been rivals since birth.
    The question was just asking what you THOUGHT may have happened, not what you knew. (Trust me, there's not a whole lot more that we know about what happened before the anime started.)

Guess I'll go ahead and answer it, now...

What is YOUR opinion on what Ash and Gary's childhoods were like? It's known through manga that Gary's parents are dead, but was never touched on in the anime, and Ash's own dad is missing. What do YOU think would be shown in the anime of the three of them, and how would they be portrayed, (i.e. some think Ash's father was a trainer and left to do more training, some think he died, etc.)? And, most importantly, do you think Ash and Gary were actually friends when they were younger, like the games and manga suggest, and if so, what do you think made them friends to begin with?

In a melancholy sort of way, while I believe they were friends and had loads of fun together, I also believe it was the only sort of haven they had. If the manga carries over into the anime in truth, then Gary's parents DID die in that, as well, and when he was younger, at that. (Still wouldn't explain where his sister went, however.) So Professor Oak, long since having done his parenting, has another kid to raise, and I assume by that time he was getting mighty popular as a researcher. At the same time, old man was probably mourning the loss of his son/son-in-law and daughter/daughter-in-law (I never caught which of Gary's parents was the professor's actual kid), so on top of what I assume is a growing pile of research, he now had the weight of loosing almost all of what was left of his family.

He buried himself in his work to push away the grief, was always very busy, and, as a result, Gary ends up growing up a lonely kid. It would explain why he feels the need, at first, to put himself out like he does (flashy cars and your own cheerleading team doesn't exactly scream about how you want to not be noticed).

I have mixed feelings on how Ash's childhood were. On one hand, I like to think that his father, who was a master trainer, gave up a lot of his goals to settle down with Delia and try his hand at the family thing. Maybe he had a lot of regrets, and he either took them out on Delia and Ash when he was younger or he kept to himself. Either way, he leaves them both abruptly with no mention of where he's going or why. (It's also in my opinion that he had a lot to do with the funny-looking marks on Ash's face, if I go along with the Regretful-Mr. Ketchem.)
    On the other hand, maybe his dad was a really awesome guy. Maybe he had plans to teach Ash all he knew about pokemon and spent lots of time with him. Then, perhaps, either he vanishes or he dies. :/ I tend to like this Mr. Ketchem a lot better, even if it's possible he kicked the bucket.

If you take the more abusive/neglectful backgrounds, (with Gary being on the neglected end and Ash on the abused), I'm fairly certain the two would have been friends. Gary was looking for someone to pay attention to him, and Ash was looking for someone to look up to. The friendship would have been the perfect way to escape their situations at home, at least until the day was over.

...Although, with the way the anime's been running, lately, (didn't they say Brock's mother died in the beginning, and now, all of a sudden, -gasp- SHE'S ALIVE?!), it wouldn't surprise me if Gary's parents showed up out of the blue and everything was fine and dandy between them, (even though it's fairly obvious he's been living with his grandfather for a long while), and I'm counting on Ash's dad showing up one of these days. It's that whole 'His-Dad-Is-The-Ultimate-Trainer' feeling, I guess. He's either in Team Rocket, or he's doing what Red did and training in seclusion. TOTALLY wouldn't surprise me. :/

...That was longer then I thought it would be...Sorry, everyone. It's 9am and I'm still a bit sleepy. I tend to ramble when I'm sleepy...
    PalletShipping<3<3<3PayHisRansomShipping

Blog Entries

I just talked to my best friend from camp! I haven't seen him since July! ^^ He's massively into Pokemon too, so it was really nice to rant to someone who knew what the heck I was talking about.

ANYWAY, to answer the question...

I think Gary and Ash have always been friends. I think that their conflicting personalities posed a problem every once and a while, but although both would be reluctant to admit it even as kids, they cared about one another very much.

I think that bond only strengthened once Ash's dad left and Gary's parents passed away. (I don't know why, but I've always been under the impression that Ash's dad left around the same time Gary's parents died.) They were both dealing with that same pain, and that ultimately brought them closer. They could confide in each other when there was no one else to turn to. Again, neither would admit it very easily, but they admired each other greatly and looked up to the other so much more afterwards.

Because they looked up to one another, they always felt the need to be better than each other as a means of proving themselves. I think that's when the rivalry really took off. Not because of spite or aggression, but wanting the other to respect them the same way they did.

Rereading that, it makes very little sense, but I hope you get the basic idea. c:

Blog Entries

I never knew what happened to Gary's parents. Truth be told, I didn't even think about Gary's parents.
    Ash's dad, though- I think he was maybe a powerful Trainer, like Red in the G/S/C games. Not one who was Champion or a Gym Leader or something, but just a strong guy. And he didn't want to be anyone special either.
    I think that he might have left Ash and Delia because he knew they would be happy there, without him.
    That might have been a bad choice on his part.

...and that's all I can think of :S

Hey! Decided to pop in. Teehee. ^-^ This is the only place I can really discuss Palletshipping because most of my friends hate it. Or just don't care enough about it.

Concerning the topic question thing.... Everyone whose answered pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. xD

-goes back into lurker mode-

Blog Entries

Hi, Kitsuna! Nice to see you.
    You drew that??? OMFG. That is AWESOME. :)

Blog Entries

Woah that's not soething you see everyday dude you are a great artist

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnie View Post
    ^^Oh, I like that theory about their parents too and hey, I learnt something new about Ash's grandparents. Awesome.

The song "Incredible" by Darius Danesh imo really fits Palletshipping from Shigeru's side to Satoshi's.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDAWtstUUpI&feature=related
    Found an AMV with that song, and let me tell, you, I totally agree with you, it fits perfectly! ^.^

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

Blog Entries

I liked the vid

Blog Entries

Thanks...I didn't make it.

Blog Entries

I thought it was incredible ^^ (lol)

I wonder where everyone is? The only time I don't post is when no one else is posting, so... that's where I've been, but everyone else has no excuse.
    WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!?!!?!?!?!? :bawling:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I thought it was incredible ^^ (lol)

I wonder where everyone is? The only time I don't post is when no one else is posting, so... that's where I've been, but everyone else has no excuse.
    WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!?!!?!?!?!? :bawling:
    Same excuse.