Obscure Ship Commiseration Corner! - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Obscure Ship Commiseration Corner!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Obscure Ship Commiseration Corner!

I think my pairing is a matter of the past now :(

PreciousMetalShipping forever... (<3 the fanart)

Registered User LinkSeasonMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow LinkSeasonMaster On Twitter
    Follow LinkSeasonMaster on Tumblr Visit LinkSeasonMaster's Youtube Channel

While my three favorite Pokemon ships are by no means obscure, there are many MANY ships that I either can easily see actually happening or just find the concept of said ship to be incredibly interesting and would love to see it explored in-depth. And in either case, I would love to see them used in fan art and fan fiction. But for a majority of them, finding fan art or fan fiction with any one of these is surprisingly difficult. And in many cases, I have yet to come up with anything in either area. To name just a few of them:

ThirdPersonShipping (Chobin X Jovi)
    CopyShipping (Todd Snap X Duplica)
    SchoolShipping/TechShipping (Giselle X Joe)
    ElectabuzzShipping (Casey X Georgio)
    FemaleImpersonatorShipping (James X Brodie)
    FooledShipping (Brodie X Bart)
    WeatherShipping (Millie X Bart)
    DoppelgangerShipping (Ash X blonde-haired "Ashley" *Satoko*)
    LoftyShipping (Ash X red-haired "Ashley" *Satomi*)
    PikaleyShipping (Pikachu X blonde-haired "Ashley" *Satoko*)
    PointyHairShipping (Latias X Emerald)
    PapercutShipping (Latias X Todd Snap)

And believe, there's PLENTY more that I'm having difficulty finding fanart and/or fanfiction for. I would list more ships, but I don't know if there's a limit or not, and if so, I probably already went far beyond it. If anyone knows of ANY pre-existing fanart for the ships I underlined and/or fanfic that focus on any of the ships that are in bold, please let me know where I can find them!
    Last edited by LinkSeasonMaster; 19th March 2014 at 06:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

I love grassshipping, but nobody cares about it anymore! :(
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

Ein
    Blog Entries

Follow Ein on Tumblr

While I have mentioned three of my favourite and rather obscure ships right on the first page, I come here with yet more obscure ships to commiserate over.

ToxicBoltShipping (Lt. Surge/Koga) which a couple of other users in this thread have discussed, in fact it was the TBS thread on this sub forum along with the HonourShipping thread that led to me signing up to these forums.

Calem/Professor Sycamore, I have found no fics for them yet, and very little fanart. But I'm letting this one slide for now since the games have only just come out.
    White FC: Blair 4126 8383 6387

My claims: Joltik, Run Away, Snag Ball, Luck Incense, Shadow Rush.

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

I started shipping VaporeonShipping (personally, Game!Bill x Game!Misty; I already have enough Anime!Misty ships to ship) because I had a head canon that a reason why Misty has dates at Cerulean Cape is because she has a crush on him and wants to make Bill jealous by having dates in front of his house. I can imagine Bill's grandpa reporting to Bill that Misty still has dates in front of his house. I like this better than Misty (Game) dating nameless NPC guy who hangs out in the Pokemon Center and the fact that he doesn't talk about what happened back at Cerulean Cape when the protagonist of HGSS interrupts his and Misty's date.

WarmingUpShipping (Rich Boy Martin x Hilda): Martin is adorable. It needs fanart.

SummerHopeShipping (Ace Trainer Austin x Hilda) is the most noted ship out of all of Hilda's seasonal Ferris Wheel riding partners (I still ship it).
    Last edited by Leggo; 22nd October 2013 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    I started shipping VaporeonShipping (personally, Game!Bill x Game!Misty; I already have enough Anime!Misty ships to ship) because I had a head canon that a reason why Misty has dates at Cerulean Cape is because she has a crush on him and wants to make Bill jealous by having dates in front of his house. I can imagine Bill's grandpa reporting to Bill that Misty still has dates in front of his house. I like this better than Misty (Game) dating nameless NPC guy who hangs out in the Pokemon Center and the fact that he doesn't talk about what happened back at Cerulean Cape when the protagonist of HGSS interrupts his and Misty's date.

WarmingUpShipping (Rich Boy Martin x Hilda): Martin is adorable. It needs fanart.

SummerHopeShipping (Ace Trainer Austin x Hilda) is the most noted ship out of all of Hilda's seasonal Ferris Wheel riding partners (I still ship it).
    oh my gosh, yes. WarmingUpShipping.
    Definitely my favorite season!FerrisWheel ship.
    Wish it got more love.D:
    Leggo likes this.

Perfect thread for my shipping, lol. I actually have a question, though: does anyone know what the ship name for Serena x Siebold is? Lately I have really grown fond of Siebold, and I've found...maybe a few pieces of fanart that feature this pairing in it. I'm hoping that maybe if I find out what the name is I'll be able to find more fanart, but probably not. Tbh I don't think this ship really is recognized by anyone. xD Also he's pretty much a newly released character, so...yeah.

Been searching like crazy, but to no avail. ._.

Anyway these two seem cute together, in my honest, humble opinion.

I definitely like the idea of Serena x Siebold, but it does seem extremely rare, heh.xP

Anyway, I guess another pairing I've really come to like is Serena x Sycamore.
    Does THIS pairing have a name yet, by any chance...?
    Leggo likes this.

I just had an epiphany. If, somehow, Tierno x Trevor becomes a thing (Which it needs to!), it should be called MusicClassShipping (If I missed something and it already has a name, sorry) because Tierno likes dancing and Trevor is a nerd :)!

I think I'm the only one anywhere on the internet that ships Lysandre x Maxie. There are absolutely no fanfics of pieces of fanart for it, and it doesn't even have a name yet. I think I should make something for this pairing, but I don't have the best art or writing skills.
    In Black and White, Rock Smash is no longer an HM. Good riddance.

Team Rocket Grunt nikkissippi121's Avatar
    Follow nikkissippi121 On Twitter
    Visit nikkissippi121's Youtube Channel

I have tons of obscure ships, so I'll just put my top 3 for now. :)

AdvancedChampionShipping (Brendan X Steven Stone) - I just always loved their interactions in the game, and it just seems really cute to me. X)
    ElectorShipping (Lt. Surge X Volkner) - I like the contrast between Lt. Surge, who's pretty loud and a bit of a show-off to Volkner, who's more quiet and subdued. At the same time, though, they're both very proud people and only respect those who earn their respect. Plus, the fact that they're both Electric-type gym leaders, and both use Raichu as their first Party Pokémon.

Warning: this one has spoilers for X & Y; I would have put it under a spoiler tag but I'm not sure how (sorry!)
    FloetteShipping (Calem X AZ) - Although they only have a few interactions, they all seem very meaningful. AZ shares his origin story with Calem although they barely know each other, and it's because of their battle that AZ is able to let go of his anger, thus making his Floette finally return to him.

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

I swear I'm the only GemCollectorShipper (Celio/Leaf) on the planet. And is it just me, or does Celio/Red not even have a name?

Anyway, another shout-out to ValetShipping (Darach/Caitlin).

Also:
    AppealShipping (Dawn/Zoey) - Obviously this was quite popular at one point, but (perhaps unsurprisingly) the shippers seem to be going extinct lately, or at least dormant.
    GirlTalkShipping (Waitress Aurora/Hilda) - Or any of the seasonal Ferris Wheel ships, really. Come on, these guys are total fanfic fuel!
    JohtoFestaShipping (Lyra/Khoury) - Same deal as AppealShipping.
    IceCastleShipping (Ice/Kate) - Been a while since I picked up that Ranger game but I remember liking this.

I know there's waaay more but I'm blanking out right now.

I ship Hugh/Rosa/Curtis as an OT3, Nate/Chili, Clemont/Viola, and I feel like the only person who ships Siebold/Sina (I don't even think there is a name for this ship). These are just my obscure ships, the rest of the ships I have I feel are pretty popular. Also, I'm sure I have more ships but I'm blanking.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbrush View Post
    I have seen quite a few fanarts of this... and I believe it's called LacewoodShipping.

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbrush View Post
    I definitely like the idea of Serena x Siebold, but it does seem extremely rare, heh.xP

I've seen quite a bit of Serena x Sycamore on fanfiction.net, even when I chose Calem and Serena as the characters, there were like 2 Sycamore x Serena fics. Likewise, try looking up a fic with Looker as the character. I believe there was another one there.

Hope this helps! :P

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

I'll just slide into this thread and put down my Lysandre x Aliana flag. Shamelessly, of course!

Nynaeveshipper - Strategistshipper - TotalEclipseshipper

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast