Obscure Ship Commiseration Corner!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Obscure Ship Commiseration Corner!

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Obscure Ship Commiseration Corner!

Because shippers are not, by definition, like hipsters. When nobody else cares about our pairings, we feel sad.

Share your thoughts on your lonely little ship. You could get sympathy, generate interest, or receive a drawing of your pairing from me if I feel like it.

Personally, I feel like I'm the only BitterVintageShipper in the world. I picked it on a whim, but still. And SnowpointShipping.
    LinkSeasonMaster likes this.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Obscure Ship Commiseration Corner!

Well, I'm surprised I've seen nobody talk of JamesxKate (which does not have a name. I checked for one. I was going to call it Angelshipping, but I saw this was already taken). And by Kate, I mean the girl from the Pokemon Chronicles episode "We're No Angels." The end of the episode showed a definite spark between these two, and Kate had clearly developed a crush on James. I thought this was so adorable, and James seemed to pick up on Kate's crush and felt bad that he had to leave.

This is one of those several moments that shows James has more of a heart than any Team Rocket member could ever have. And this is one of things that makes him cool, imo. I just need to figure out a new name for this ship... Ah! Righteousshipping! In reference to Kate mistaking Team Rocket for Team Righteous. Makes enough sense. :D

Also, I don't technically support Ash with anyone because I feel he's too oblivious and I just can't truly see him with anyone, but if I had to, I'd go with either AshxMisty or AshxAnabel. The former is obviously popular, but the latter, not so much, it seems.

These are the only two obscure ships I can think of that I like at all. I don't actually support many Pokemon pairings in general, though. Just not that into it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Well, I'm surprised I've seen nobody talk of JamesxKate (which does not have a name. I checked for one. I was going to call it Angelshipping, but I saw this was already taken). And by Kate, I mean the girl from the Pokemon Chronicles episode "We're No Angels." The end of the episode showed a definite spark between these two, and Kate had clearly developed a crush on James. I thought this was so adorable, and James seemed to pick up on Kate's crush and felt bad that he had to leave.

This is one of those several moments that shows James has more of a heart than any Team Rocket member could ever have. And this is one of things that makes him cool, imo. I just need to figure out a new name for this ship... Ah! Righteousshipping! In reference to Kate mistaking Team Rocket for Team Righteous. Makes enough sense. :D
    Oh, I remember that episode. I'm quite certain it has a name but can't look it up now since it'll crash the hell out of my phone. Did you try searching for it on Neverending Romance?

Also, I don't technically support Ash with anyone because I feel he's too oblivious and I just can't truly see him with anyone, but if I had to, I'd go with either AshxMisty or AshxAnabel. The former is obviously popular, but the latter, not so much, it seems.
    That was exactly my viewpoint for a while before MorpheusShipping showed up.

These are the only two obscure ships I can think of that I like at all. I don't actually support many Pokemon pairings in general, though. Just not that into it.
    Count yourself lucky. I'm practically addicted. My current return to BMGf is a MASSIVE relapse.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowergirl View Post
    Oh, I remember that episode. I'm quite certain it has a name but can't look it up now since it'll crash the hell out of my phone. Did you try searching for it on Neverending Romance?
    No, I've never heard of that place. xP

I did search somewhere else, but I'm not THAT dedicated, so I really don't feel like searching again.

I love that shipping. I found the name to it RoseShipping. It comes from the fact thar Kate was called Rose in the Japanese original.
    I do alot of things. The real qustion that you should be asking is if I'm actually good at those things
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FanFiction.net~deviantart~anipan~GPX+~tumblr~pixiv

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

TeenRocketshipping (Mondo x Domino), Skillshipping (Ash x Domino), Innuendoshipping/PewterTulipshipping (Brock x Domino)...basically any Domino ship, with the exception of Commandshipping (Giovanni x Domino). Not that we don't need more of it, but compared to others it's rich in fanfics.

...I love Domino. ;-;

Also Haleshipping, Eldershipping, Diamondshipping and Airshipping. Yes, they have faired a lot better than 99% of Pokémon shipsby actually having fics, as scarce as some are, but still scarce. :s

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

I feel like I'm one of the only Almiashippers (Kellyn/Kate from the Ranger series) on the Internet. I've met like three others. Everyone else is a Vatonageshipper. ;_;

Also, I don't think I've met another Splitshipper (Clay/Elesa). Everyone... seems to pair Elesa with Skyla. I know Clay's like twenty years older than Elesa but it's not unheard of (considering my headcanon puts Elesa's age in her mid-twenties, not her early twenties).

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_Fox_IV View Post
    I love that shipping. I found the name to it RoseShipping. It comes from the fact thar Kate was called Rose in the Japanese original.
    Ah, I see, thanks a bunch.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

No, I've never heard of that place. xP

I did search somewhere else, but I'm not THAT dedicated, so I really don't feel like searching again.
    Neverending Romance | Incomplete Nightmare <- the first place anyone should be going for 'shipping names

Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    Also, I don't think I've met another Splitshipper (Clay/Elesa). Everyone... seems to pair Elesa with Skyla.
    I adore Clay/Elesa a lot, more so than Elesa/Skyla.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Ein
    Blog Entries

Follow Ein on Tumblr

RaiSnagShipper (Wes/Ein) signing in. Do you know what's worse than being a fan of a game with very little fandom? Shipping one of the smallest ships in the fandom.

I also think that AlmiaCastleShipping (Kate/Ice) needs more love. And ViridianShipping (Yellow/Silver).
    Last edited by Ein; 28th February 2012 at 08:09 AM.
    White FC: Blair 4126 8383 6387

My claims: Joltik, Run Away, Snag Ball, Luck Incense, Shadow Rush.

Blog Entries

I gotta say, I'm a little bitter with my Omertashipping sometimes. It feels obscure to me since there seems to be a decent amount of art for it (unfortunately very little is nsfw :<), but there is hardly ANY fic. There might be one or two fics. I see more Shizarushippers than Omertashippers and that makes me super sad.

As for the rest? ohohohoho. I have lots of obscure ships. That's because most of them are cracky though.

Poshshipping (Will x Burgh), Rococoshipping (Cilan x Will), Laddertrackshipping (Lucian x Ingo), Swallowtailshipping (Darach x Will), Floridshipping (Darach x Lucian), Harangueshipping (Eusine x Thorton), Gummiwormshipping (Aaron x Emmet), Chili x Brycen (IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE A NAME YET HOW D: ), Brokebackshipping (Dario x Damian), among others.

I would really like to see Darach with people other than Caitlin! :/

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

Blog Entries

I keep remembering more. Am I the only one is the universe who ships Nando x Cheryl? Possibly. And dammit, I invented Murph x Kate myself...which was my inspiration to create a thread much like this one a few years back, now that I think of it.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

Dawn's Piplup x Ash's Gible is one of my OTPs. I actually ship it seriously. XD; I was always convinced that the Draco Meteor gag meant something...

Oh, and I can't forget Ash x Gliscor.

I tend to like crack pairings more than mainstream, so I end up in this boat a lot lol

Let's see, the first thing that comes to mind right now is RandxPurple Eyes, from Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs. Because I love to ship the badass good characters with sociopaths >_> On that note, DusknoirxGrovyle from PMD Time/Darkness/Sky. GhetsisxWhite. GiovannixAsh's Mom (Delia?). SaturnxCynthia. MaxiexAnybody except Archie, because Maxie just gets no love aside from that pairing. TabithaxMay. Ooh, and StevenxPaul.

I have so many ships I could captain a navy XD I don't know the name for any of these, either. /derp
    Shadow Victini likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    I adore Clay/Elesa a lot, more so than Elesa/Skyla.
    Hooray on both accounts! :D I just really liked the fact that the two actually interacted and seemed pretty familiar with each other in the games, which is more than can be said about most gym leaders' interactions with each other. Plus, I like the contrast between gruff older man and energetic, charismatic younger woman. There's interesting chemistry there, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ein View Post
    I also think that AlmiaCastleShipping (Kate/Ice) needs more love.
    I actually like this ship as well. There's something guiltily adorable thinking that maybe the Top Ranger has a little crush on the suave bad guy. <3

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast