Not quite shippy.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not quite shippy.

Default Not quite shippy.

Isn't it annoying when some one claims that a particular moment is "shippy", even though it doesn't really seem shippy at all? What scenes are like that to you?

Personally, it's when people say that the "Gary was here, Ash is a loser" part is a Palletshipping moment. I'm a Palletshipper and I still don't get that.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Not quite shippy.

Many so-called "hints" aren't actually hints at all, at least in my opinion. If shippers want to think their hints, though... well, let them. It's their business, not mine.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

To prevent conflict, people are asked to only post on 'ships they themselves support, and not mention any hints from 'ships they do not support.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Blog Entries

yeah i know, many of the so-called hints are actually shippy at all, and like roro said i'll just list the ones i don't find for the pairngs i support.Also there's hints for some shippings that aren't even mentioned on the ship hints page on bulbapedia.

advanceshipping:
    -While Ash, May, and Max are walking through the forest, May and Max begin to argue about what they should do (stop for lunch or keep looking for Pokémon). May grabs on to Ash's arm first and stares into his eyes, telling him to eat lunch. Max pulls on his other arm, debating his point. Ash goes with May's idea first of getting lunch.

how is agreeing with may's decision shippy. it just means that ash was probaly hungry too.

-When May wants to stay and help Swablu's injuries get better, Ash generously tells her, "You're going to take any time you need to help your buddy out," even though he really wanted to get going to the Fortree Gym.

This moment ain't shippy, this just proves that ash is sympathetic

-
    During the ending of the episode, May once again seems torn about who should she cheer for in the upcoming gym battle.

again not shippy

When May steps on the Contest Stage, Ash is the only one (of the three) that cheers, saying, "Let's go May! All right!"
    This is also reflected in all of May's other Contests, where Ash always seems to be emotionally involved and always helping May when she is in a dilemma by shouting helpful advice to her.

being supportive of a friend isn't shippy

Egoshipping

-Misty usually made up for Ash's lack of wit against Gary's taunts. For example, when Gary mocks Ash by saying, "Ash, I've never seen anyone so pathetic!", Misty retorts by telling him, "Have you looked in a mirror?" Gary is used to being admired by girls, but he didn't get mad at Misty for saying that, implying to supporters he likes her enough to get away with it

that just means Gary doesn't give a damn what people think

-Misty asks Gary why he still wasn't out of the forest despite the fact he had a Hoothoot with him. Gary states that he's been so busy catching Pokémon, he lost track of time.

Orangeshipping

-Misty warns Tracey to be careful when he decides to alert Officer Jenny about the Lapras poachers
    how is alerting someone of danger romantic

-For the first time ever, Tracey witnesses Misty battling against another Trainer. Misty's battling skills leave a very good impression on Tracey.

-Tracey uses Marill to help find Togepi.

-Tracey expresses concern about Misty when she gets kidnapped by the so-called "sewer monster".

-Misty asks Tracey to do her chores for her so that she could confront the person who wrote the letter she received. Tracey, not being able to say no to her, agrees.
    Last edited by crossovershipper; 14th September 2010 at 11:36 AM.

Enjoying Pokemon since 98 Talia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Talia On Twitter
    Follow Talia on Tumblr

I think it just depends on if you support a ship or not. If you're a supporter of a ship, and a moment comes up that could be misconstrued as shippy, chances are you'll consider it a hint. However, if you don't like the shipping and that moment comes up, you won't consider it shippy.

It just depends on how biased you are to the ship that had the 'moment' I guess :o

Oh, and I always hate it when someone thinks a moment is 'shippy' when one character shows concern for another. Especially if they're in a life threatening situation. Friends usually shown concern over a friends welfare in really bad situations xD They don't need to necessarily be in love haha. (Although if the character that shows concern starts crying or something, that's usually different.)
    "If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."
    -Anonymous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Talia View Post
    I think it just depends on if you support a ship or not. If you're a supporter of a ship, and a moment comes up that could be misconstrued as shippy, chances are you'll consider it a hint. However, if you don't like the shipping and that moment comes up, you won't consider it shippy.

It just depends on how biased you are to the ship that had the 'moment' I guess :o

Oh, and I always hate it when someone thinks a moment is 'shippy' when one character shows concern for another. Especially if they're in a life threatening situation. Friends usually shown concern over a friends welfare in really bad situations xD They don't need to necessarily be in love haha. (Although if the character that shows concern starts crying or something, that's usually different.)

well, there's ships i like and there's moments some considered shippy and i didn't.

also does anyone agree with me that blushing and boyfriend/girlfriend denial isn't always shippy.

I agree with this, like Misty's lure from D/P that's not a Pokeshipping hint. Pokeshippers always bring that up like its a hint of some sort =/
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Most hints are not direct hints, like a kiss on the mounth for instance would be. But we don't get these type of hints between main characters.

Let's take the lure for instance. Having that is no proof indeed that Ash is in love with Misty, but it does indicate that he cares for her. A PokéShipper may see this as caring for in a romantic way, another may just see it as a gift from a good friend. Both interpretations are possible, but none is the absolute truth. We don't see a scene with Ash staring at the lure and whispering "Misty, I love you" or kissing it before putting it back. So it depends on what feelings it brings up inside you, whether you consider a hint shippy or not. And let's not confuse hints, which are just indications something may be true, with facts, things that are beyond any doubt.
    Ash and Angie 4ever!
    You can find my fanfics here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~LatiosFan (reviews appreciated!)

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

There's a difference between a "cute moment" and a "hint". :/ Wish people would get that... Two characters smiling at each other is not a hint (that shows the ship will become canon), it's a cute looking moment (or fanservice) that happens to make the shippers happy.

y team

Blog Entries

Well, yeah, the lure thing isn't a hint but like said above, it's a cute moment. :/

EDIT: I don't wanna leave this so short XD

So uhm, every shipping has cute moments, and hints, too. :) Okay, maybe not EVERY shipping : DD You know there are some really weird ones...

For me, blushing is obviosly a hint. But that's my opinion...

Personally, the only truly shippy moments are the ones that the creators INTENDED to be shippy... blushing is a definite, but come on, "GARY WAS HERE, ASH IS A LOSER" can't have been intended to hint at a romantic relationship between Ash and Gary. Like rly? Most scenes to me that are sometimes considered shippy aren't. Just because shippers are willing to stretch a lot to make things fit...
    So... I herd u liek Mudkipz?

...Manjoume-san-da!..... Jolty Febe's Avatar

this phenomenon happens a ton with hard-core shippers which is why i'm not very hardcore of a shipper. Half of the ships out there are in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Talia View Post

Not even crying necessarily. If someone is more of the emotional type they will cry whether they love them or not, and someone who is not so emotional may not cry when some is severely injured or is killed even if they love them to death. It all depends on the character's personality.

But I do hate it when people think that a character saving an other character is evidence. If they didn't they'd be dead, duh! Would you rather have your platonic friend alive or dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    I agree with this, like Misty's lure from D/P that's not a Pokeshipping hint. Pokeshippers always bring that up like its a hint of some sort =/
    crap, yeah. I think it could be slight evidence, but not significant enough to be evidence. I prefer pearlshipping over pokeshipping but I support pokeshipping.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

For not quite "shippy" moments in the ships I support:

The whole thing with Misty's post-Johto appearances. Pallet, Hoenn Leagues, the Fishing Lure, the Handkerchief, and the Togepi Kingdom don't strike me as "shippy" at all.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries
    Follow Vioxx On Twitter Add Vioxx on Facebook
    Follow Vioxx on Tumblr

also does anyone agree with me that blushing and boyfriend/girlfriend denial isn't always shippy
    agreed with this,not all the time,''blushing'' can be consider as a hints,..and some of the ''hints'' we're not quite very shippy..
    2 characters,standing or sitting behind each other,is I believe,normal but not a direct hint,*I do believe it's cute though*
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

#Multishipper #Hoping and Trying #Banner by Me #Fanarts by Teppo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashistかすみ聡Wilketch View Post
    agreed with this,not all the time,''blushing'' can be consider as a hints,..
    Okay, then tell me, why did the creators make a character blush if they didn't intend it to be shippy/a hint?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast