Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats? - Page 43

View Poll Results: What should Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur be called?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seminalshipping

4 6.15%
  • AvantGardeshipping

16 24.62%
  • Bombshellshipping

4 6.15%
  • Inquisitionshipping

1 1.54%
  • GildedLilyshipping

31 47.69%
  • Other (please note and drop suggestion)

9 13.85%
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

Looking for one for Kotetsu's Riolu plus Cynthia's Lucario...?
    "My trainer is different from other trainers. My trainer is in the bottom percentage of trainers. Okay bye." - Pikachu
    Claimed 24/11/2012
    Are you a Pokéfur? If so, come to http://www.pokefurs.net !

Quote Originally Posted by ルカリオ View Post
    Looking for one for Kotetsu's Riolu plus Cynthia's Lucario...?
    AuraWaveShipper? that might work

any ideas for Samurott + Lapras?

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Rules View Post
    CadborosaurusShipping? it's supposidly a loch ness monster like creature(like lapras).But many supposed sighting of it are actually sea lions(like samurott)

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    CadborosaurusShipping? it's supposidly a loch ness monster like creature(like lapras).But many supposed sighting of it are actually sea lions(like samurott)
    ok thats pretty coll i'll use that

ok I need some help here these pairings seem to need names.If they already have name and i've just missed them let me know.

Chimchar x Tepig
    Monferno x Pignite
    Emboar x Infernape.

thanks in advance.All suggestions apreciated.

Lucian cosplayer Crazy Packers Fan's Avatar
    Follow Crazy Packers Fan On Twitter Add Crazy Packers Fan on Facebook Add Crazy Packers Fan on MySpace
    Follow Crazy Packers Fan on Tumblr Visit Crazy Packers Fan's Youtube Channel

I'm trying to come up with one for Roxanne, Brawly & Arceus. Roxanne x Arceus is StonePlateShipping, Brawly x Roxanne is RockSmashShipping. But I can't seem to come up with something for the three of them.

ok I need some help here these pairings seem to need names.If they already have name and i've just missed them let me know.

Chimchar x Tepig
    Monferno x Pignite
    Emboar x Infernape.

Chimchar + Tepig-CharredPigShipping?
    Monferno + Pignite-IgnitedInfernoShipping?
    Infernape + Emboar-ChineseFireShipping?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Packers Fan View Post
    I'm trying to come up with one for Roxanne, Brawly & Arceus. Roxanne x Arceus is StonePlateShipping, Brawly x Roxanne is RockSmashShipping. But I can't seem to come up with something for the three of them.
    How about SurfingHazardsShipping-Brawly,Roxanne + Arceus.
    given that rocks(roxanne) are surfing(brawly) hazards and If you miss them you may be sent to god(arceus)

Chimchar x Tepig
    Monferno x Pignite
    Emboar x Infernape.

good suggestions i'm going to leave it open for one more week then make a decision

EDIT ok i've now made a decision
    Last edited by kronos; 5th January 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I need some assistance on naming Tobias/Kotetsu. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

"Kotetsu : From 子 ko (child), 小 ko (small), and 鉄 tetsu (iron). May also be named after swordmaker Nagasone Kotetsu"

"May be taken from Tobias, a hero of the Book of Tobit, who drove away a demon with the help of the archangel Raphael. This may be related to the fact that Tobias was able to beat all the Gyms and advance through the tournament with the help of his Darkrai."

Tobias/Cameron (Unova) [Kotetsu's english name] should, in my opinion, be named "SoulEdgeShipping", in reference to the sword of the same name from "Soul Calibur".
    Last edited by Herbizarre; 7th January 2013 at 09:18 PM.
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

I've thought of a couple names for Eusine/Whitney (a crack shipping that occurred to me while writing a fanfic-since I OTP Eusine with Crystal and Gold with Whitney, I thought, "Hey, why not?" ), but which name is better?

I'm thinking either ExuberantShipping (a major personality trait of both) or UnacknowledgedShipping (quite a bit in the fandom, but also in Pokemon Special, Suicune completely ignores Eusine and Whitney was the only Gym Leader-aside from Pryce-who Suicune didn't seek out for help against the Masked Man).

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

I'd say, go for ExuberantShipping. The reason behind it is because not everyone has read Pokémon Special, and people are more likely to relate both characters to each other after playing Pokémon Crystal / HeartGold / SoulSilver. That's it :)
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Quote Originally Posted by Likeitornot. View Post
    I need some assistance on naming Tobias/Kotetsu. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
    i'd say the one that herbizarre came up with is a good name i;d go for that.Best i could come up with is Incompleteteamshipper given they both don't show a full team.But herbizarres suggestion is just better.

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Fantasies View Post
    I've thought of a couple names for Eusine/Whitney (a crack shipping that occurred to me while writing a fanfic-since I OTP Eusine with Crystal and Gold with Whitney, I thought, "Hey, why not?" ), but which name is better?

I'm thinking either ExuberantShipping (a major personality trait of both) or UnacknowledgedShipping (quite a bit in the fandom, but also in Pokemon Special, Suicune completely ignores Eusine and Whitney was the only Gym Leader-aside from Pryce-who Suicune didn't seek out for help against the Masked Man).
    i'd go with exuberant.Simply because i'd say it sounds softer
    Magenta Fantasies likes this.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Herbizarre View Post
    "Kotetsu : From 子 ko (child), 小 ko (small), and 鉄 tetsu (iron). May also be named after swordmaker Nagasone Kotetsu"

"May be taken from Tobias, a hero of the Book of Tobit, who drove away a demon with the help of the archangel Raphael. This may be related to the fact that Tobias was able to beat all the Gyms and advance through the tournament with the help of his Darkrai."
    Tobias/Cameron (Unova) [Kotetsu's english name] should, in my opinion, be named "SoulEdgeShipping", in reference to the sword of the same name from "Soul Calibur".
    i'd say the one that herbizarre came up with is a good name i;d go for that.Best i could come up with is Incompleteteamshipper given they both don't show a full team.But herbizarres suggestion is just better.
    Ah, nice suggestions, both of you. I went on the etymology route of both dub names and merged sacred (the holy backstory of Tobias' name) and hill (Cameron's name can mean "bent hill") and found the 12 scared hills of Imerina, which at least at one point in its life, had an iron industry, relating to Kotetsu's name.

But yours are both more easy to explain, and maybe less whimsical than mine (though, now Kotetsu has a full team, but neither of them used six Pokemon verus Ash). I'll think this one out.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast