Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats? - Page 41

View Poll Results: What should Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur be called?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seminalshipping

    4 6.15%
  • AvantGardeshipping

    16 24.62%
  • Bombshellshipping

    4 6.15%
  • Inquisitionshipping

    1 1.54%
  • GildedLilyshipping

    31 47.69%
  • Other (please note and drop suggestion)

    9 13.85%
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 725
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

  1. #601
    Quench the Fire Egoistical Machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    BTW all suggestions are still welcome on
    Solosis x Gothita
    Duosion x Gothorita
    Reuniclus x Gothitelle
    Alright, this is my first time suggesting a name, thus, I probably suck at it. But I want to try anyway, you never know. Let's see:

    ProtostarShipping - Solosis x Gothita
    DwarfStarShipping - Duosion x Gothorita
    GiantStarShipping - Reuniclus x Gothitelle

    All names are related to the life of a star.
    Gothita's line is related to stars, while Solosis's line is related to cells (in particular to the process of cell division).
    Solosis is the first in its line, so it represents mitosis. Next is Duosion, who represents cytokinesis, immediately following mitosis. Mitosis and cytokinesis together define cell division, so Reuniclus represents a newly formed cell. Now, since they have been paired up with Gothita's line, in relation with stars, I decided on those names, because they are the phases of star evolution. It starts off as a protostar, then becomes a dwarf star and then a giant star. (I admit I had to read all that stuff on Wikipedia.)
    I have no idea though, if they're good names or not. What do you think? Do they make enough sense?

  2. #602
    Registered User kronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    Quote Originally Posted by Egoistical Machine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    BTW all suggestions are still welcome on
    Solosis x Gothita
    Duosion x Gothorita
    Reuniclus x Gothitelle
    Alright, this is my first time suggesting a name, thus, I probably suck at it. But I want to try anyway, you never know. Let's see:

    ProtostarShipping - Solosis x Gothita
    DwarfStarShipping - Duosion x Gothorita
    GiantStarShipping - Reuniclus x Gothitelle

    All names are related to the life of a star.
    Gothita's line is related to stars, while Solosis's line is related to cells (in particular to the process of cell division).
    Solosis is the first in its line, so it represents mitosis. Next is Duosion, who represents cytokinesis, immediately following mitosis. Mitosis and cytokinesis together define cell division, so Reuniclus represents a newly formed cell. Now, since they have been paired up with Gothita's line, in relation with stars, I decided on those names, because they are the phases of star evolution. It starts off as a protostar, then becomes a dwarf star and then a giant star. (I admit I had to read all that stuff on Wikipedia.)
    I have no idea though, if they're good names or not. What do you think? Do they make enough sense?
    those sound good to me.Thanks.

  3. #603
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    Sooooo, I need a wee bit assistance in naming Marlon/Hugh? o3o *why does this even have a following?*
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  4. #604
    Registered User kronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    Sooooo, I need a wee bit assistance in naming Marlon/Hugh? o3o *why does this even have a following?*
    well if memory serves me right kyouhei and marlon is wetsuitshipping, so how aboutt DrysuitShipping for marlon & hugh as those are also used by divers.

  5. #605
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    well if memory serves me right kyouhei and marlon is wetsuitshipping, so how aboutt DrysuitShipping for marlon & hugh as those are also used by divers.
    Hmm, maybe. =) I'll keep it in mind. Though I'm not sure with keeping the swimmer/diver outfit theme, since Hugh doesn't seem to have one.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  6. #606
    Soon... Herbizarre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Stalking villagers
    Posts
    709
    Blog Entries
    20

    Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    Hugh uses a Samurott in the B2W2 trailer, so maybe the water theme can be kept ?
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

  7. #607
    2legit2quit izarith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    211

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    Sooooo, I need a wee bit assistance in naming Marlon/Hugh? o3o *why does this even have a following?*
    hmm... maybe Salineshipping? i always associate hugh with the colour grey, and "grey"+"water" obviously makes me think "salt water"...
    or maybe we could go fish themed!! Minnowshipping or Morayshipping, perhaps? ;p

    my fanfiction.tumblr. ★ claims:

  8. #608
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbizarre View Post
    Hugh uses a Samurott in the B2W2 trailer, so maybe the water theme can be kept ?
    Quote Originally Posted by izarith View Post
    hmm... maybe Salineshipping? i always associate hugh with the colour grey, and "grey"+"water" obviously makes me think "salt water"...
    or maybe we could go fish themed!! Minnowshipping or Morayshipping, perhaps? ;p
    *juggles* Sealionshipping or Ashikashiping is the best I could come up with in vein with all those, but I'm not convinced either are the best, since Sealion is bland and Ashika is pretty-but-loses-something?I-guess. (And don't suggest Pinniped; that's really ugly.) Reasons: marine animal, Samurott, and Hugh's hair is like a puffy mane (hedgehog really, but Sonicshipping is taken and that bastard can't swim for crud).

    Otarineshipping would be really sexy but then it loses the 'lion' bit. *which is the connecting point in my head now*

    Saline is definitely a sleek word (and should be used somewhere if not here) but even so it doesn't seem to work with Hugh. Might have to sit on it.

    D: omgosh, why am I picky? Sorry, guys. Thank you so far. ;3;
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  9. #609
    Registered User kronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    okay could do with some sugestions for these shippings.

    Sewaddle x Snivy
    Swadloon x Servine
    Leavanny x Serperior

    I came up with some ideas but i wasn't satisfied that they were good enough.All suggestions are appreciated.

  10. #610
    Soon... Herbizarre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Stalking villagers
    Posts
    709
    Blog Entries
    20

    Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    Let's see... The two lines shares the Grass-type... Snivy line is based on green snakes (with Serperior being also based on Louis XIV, a french king), while the Sewaddle line is based on caterpillars (with Leavanny being able to make clothes). Also, a female Leavanny serves a female Serperior in PokéPark 2.

    Sewaddle & Snivy = BugleafShipping (a pun on the Bug-type and Snivy's fan surname Smugleaf)

    Swadloon & Servine = CoiledAroundShipping (Swadloon's appearence can be seen as a stereotype of someone who suffers from Hikikomori, or "acute social anxiety disorder" in Japan. Servine, as a Pokémon based on snakes can coil themselves in the sense of "closing themselves up")

    Leavanny & Serperior = CouturiereShipping (Couturier is french for tailor, sewer, fashion designer... Seeing how these 2 Pokémons appears in PokéPark 2 as females, using the female orthograph for Couturier would be appropriate. I think...)
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

  11. #611
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbizarre View Post
    Swadloon & Servine = CoiledAroundShipping (Swadloon's appearence can be seen as a stereotype of someone who suffers from Hikikomori, or "acute social anxiety disorder" in Japan. Servine, as a Pokémon based on snakes can coil themselves in the sense of "closing themselves up")
    Make it just "CoilAroundshipping" and you have the J!name for the move Coil, which I'm pretty sure is favored in the Snivy line.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  12. #612
    Registered User kronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    thanks guys those work much better.

  13. #613
    Quench the Fire Egoistical Machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    So, a while ago, I was pondering to try and choose a fine name for Lugia x Gothitelle (it's absent from the list, it should be unnamed to this point. If I'm mistaken, please slap me in the face).

    The best I could come up with is: AstralWavesShipping.

    It refers to various elements regarding the two Pokémon: psychic power (both are Psychic-types), Gothitelle's species name (Astral Body), and the sea (Lugia is the Guardian of the Seas).
    I find it rather cute, but I'm still a bit unsure. Do you think I should submit it as it is? If you have any suggestions for better names, feel free to post!
    Last edited by Egoistical Machine; 1st October 2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Typo

  14. #614
    Soon... Herbizarre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Stalking villagers
    Posts
    709
    Blog Entries
    20

    Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    It's a pretty good name, I think. Keep it as it is :)
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

  15. #615
    Quench the Fire Egoistical Machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

    OK then, if you think it's a good name I'll follow your advice and submit it. Thanks!

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •