Love Triangles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Love Triangles!

  1. #1
    Ghetto Biatch Toutebelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    238
    Blog Entries
    10

    Red face Love Triangles!

    When you ship Pokemon characters, do you ever have them in love triangles? For example, if you have Dawn love Ash while Ash loves May, that would be a love triangle.

    I have one in some of the stories I've written and not yet published. The love triangle is between Nate, Rosa, and Hugh. In my stories, Rosa likes Nate, while Hugh likes Rosa (Nate likes her too, but Hugh is a little more...weird about it). Mine is kind of a "Betty and Veronica" setup - with Nate as the Betty, Hugh as the Veronica, and Rosa as the Archie. (Betty refers to the "good" girl/boy, while Veronica is more of the "bad" girl/boy. Archie is the person they are competing over. It's one of the most common types of love triangle.)

    I would like to hear all of your Pokemon-related love triangles.

    For more info:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoveTriangle (for regular ones - i.e. "A loves B, and B loves C")
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BettyAndVeronica (for ones that are more like "A and B both love C")

  2. #2
    The sound of drums
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tijuana, Mexico
    Posts
    271
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    well I like the contest vs advance love triangle and advance vs pearl love triangle the best

    Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

  3. #3
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    I prefer Ash to get himself a nagging/spoiled Traveling companion & Cold female rival.
    And Both of them develop feeling toward Ash .
    Off-course ,
    If Giselle was a referring rival character then there would have been a great love-triangle between Ash , Misty & Giselle.

  4. #4
    Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    934
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    Although I also ship them as an OT3, the idea of Cabernet and Langley battling over Iris, is very appealing, in my view.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

  5. #5
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,787

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I prefer Ash to get himself a nagging/spoiled Traveling companion & Cold female rival.
    And Both of them develop feeling toward Ash .
    Off-course ,
    If Giselle was a referring rival character then there would have been a great love-triangle between Ash , Misty & Giselle.
    Kishore, your mind really does wander doesn't it? Seriously, they aren't going to put that kind of girl on the main cast anymore. Misty did it once and that was enough and you see how mellow Iris is despite her catch phrase. If you want Ash to be a respected main hero protaganist, then by him having girl who nag and is cold to him and everyone around her isn't going to work on this show. Especially if there is a love triangle. You really need to watch Yugioh zexal if you're looking of this type of desperate writing.

  6. #6
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I prefer Ash to get himself a nagging/spoiled Traveling companion & Cold female rival.
    And Both of them develop feeling toward Ash .
    Off-course ,
    If Giselle was a referring rival character then there would have been a great love-triangle between Ash , Misty & Giselle.
    Kishore, your mind really does wander doesn't it? Seriously, they aren't going to put that kind of girl on the main cast anymore. Misty did it once and that was enough and you see how mellow Iris is despite her catch phrase. If you want Ash to be a respected main hero protaganist, then by him having girl who nag and is cold to him and everyone around her isn't going to work on this show. Especially if there is a love triangle. You really need to watch Yugioh zexal if you're looking of this type of desperate writing.
    @Caseydia , You don't get it !
    I have no problem with Iris nagging .
    I just don't like her meaningless glorification .
    Such as giving her a super Dragonite Or Making her invisible against any trainer around her age group.
    Its like Writer treating her like a champion before she becomes a gym leader.
    Also , Iris is a failure as a Straight man !
    When I was talking about nagging female cast , I was talking about a female cast who can play the role of the great straight man .
    Like Lucy from Fairy Tail.
    To be honest , No other girl able to create the same appeal Misty created in Kento series without any glorification because Misty was a perfect nagging Straight man while Brock & Ash were perfect comic relief.
    And they had a perfect chemistry !
    Iris suck at it and all she does is making weird expression and saying Kodomone , Kodomone !
    It made thing boring instate of making it funny .
    Misty wasn't like that .
    FYI : Yugioh Zexal is way better written then Best Wishs ! It has better Tournament , Better rival, Better development , Better Plot and its not a huge troll like Best Wishs !
    And ,
    I want a female cast who's force to travel with Ash and play a perfect straight Man . She start by not liking Ash but later develop feeling toward him and got jealous of Ash's new cold female rival like Rika Nonoha (Digimon Tamer) Who also fall for Ash because Ash was the 1st friend she ever made !

  7. #7
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,787

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I prefer Ash to get himself a nagging/spoiled Traveling companion & Cold female rival.
    And Both of them develop feeling toward Ash .
    Off-course ,
    If Giselle was a referring rival character then there would have been a great love-triangle between Ash , Misty & Giselle.
    Kishore, your mind really does wander doesn't it? Seriously, they aren't going to put that kind of girl on the main cast anymore. Misty did it once and that was enough and you see how mellow Iris is despite her catch phrase. If you want Ash to be a respected main hero protaganist, then by him having girl who nag and is cold to him and everyone around her isn't going to work on this show. Especially if there is a love triangle. You really need to watch Yugioh zexal if you're looking of this type of desperate writing.
    @Caseydia , You don't get it !
    I have no problem with Iris nagging .
    I just don't like her meaningless glorification .
    Such as giving her a super Dragonite Or Making her invisible against any trainer around her age group.
    Its like Writer treating her like a champion before she becomes a gym leader.
    The treating her like a champion thing started happening when she won the Donamite competition seeing as though she never really battles or trained much before winning the whole thing. It has nothing to do with Dragonite at all. It was alot of rushed development in the beginning.

    When I was talking about nagging female cast , I was talking about a female cast who can play the role of the great straight man .
    Like Lucy from Fairy Tail.
    The thing about Lucy was that she was not mean and shecould still use her powers. So I don't see what that could do for Ash.

    To be honest , No other girl able to create the same appeal Misty created in Kento series without any glorification because Misty was a perfect nagging Straight man while Brock & Ash were perfect comic relief.
    And they had a perfect chemistry !
    As far as love triangles goes, the only one that was close was Misty against Macey and Ash but what does Brock's Ash's and Misty's chemistry have to do with this? Misty's nagging only worked when ash was super stupid back then. He's not like htat now so it wouldn't work like before.

    Iris suck at it and all she does is making weird expression and saying Kodomone , Kodomone !
    It made thing boring instate of making it funny .
    Misty wasn't like that .
    Except Misty was exactly like that but she didn't have a catch phrase. She had many phrases and they weren't funny to me. This is why I dislike Misty's and Iris's behaviors till this day.

    I want a female cast who's force to travel with Ash and play a perfect straight Man . She start by not liking Ash but later develop feeling toward him and got jealous of Ash's new cold female rival like Rika Nonoha (Digimon Tamer) Who also fall for Ash because Ash was the 1st friend she ever made !
    I don't know what is this "straight man" thing you keep mentioning but they aren't going to have a girl like Rika on the show. Digimon is more mature and has a different feel to it. It wouldn't appeal to this show because of how different Ash is to Takato. And I've watch yugioh zexal. yugioh has always been different than pokemon. So it will be different so I wouldn't compare them.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 13th March 2013 at 03:18 PM.

  8. #8
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I prefer Ash to get himself a nagging/spoiled Traveling companion & Cold female rival.
    And Both of them develop feeling toward Ash .
    Off-course ,
    If Giselle was a referring rival character then there would have been a great love-triangle between Ash , Misty & Giselle.
    Kishore, your mind really does wander doesn't it? Seriously, they aren't going to put that kind of girl on the main cast anymore. Misty did it once and that was enough and you see how mellow Iris is despite her catch phrase. If you want Ash to be a respected main hero protaganist, then by him having girl who nag and is cold to him and everyone around her isn't going to work on this show. Especially if there is a love triangle. You really need to watch Yugioh zexal if you're looking of this type of desperate writing.
    @Caseydia , You don't get it !
    I have no problem with Iris nagging .
    I just don't like her meaningless glorification .
    Such as giving her a super Dragonite Or Making her invisible against any trainer around her age group.
    Its like Writer treating her like a champion before she becomes a gym leader.
    The treating her like a champion thing started happening when she won the Donamite competition seeing as though she never really battles or trained much before winning the whole thing. It has nothing to do with Dragonite at all. It was alot of rushed development.
    Iris won the Don Tournament , Not Donamite !
    And Cilan also hardly train but he's still shown to be a superior A-class Connoisseur and A Battler.
    Not a single A-class Connoisseur can catch up to him .
    He's just One step away from being a S-class Connoisseur.
    I don't get why Cilan need to travel since he's already so developed .
    Its Chill who should be traveling with Ash.
    So , Iris isn't the only one with Special treatment .
    Cilan , Kotetsu & Your fav Trip also got special treatment !

    When I was talking about nagging female cast , I was talking about a female cast who can play the role of the great straight man .
    Like Lucy from Fairy Tail.
    The thing about Lucy was that she was not mean and shecould still use her powers. So I don't see what that could do for Ash.
    Since When Iris was mean to Ash !
    Being mean & Being Sarcastic is 2 different thing .
    Plus , Ash only need traveling companion because the show might be boring without 2 sidekick accompany Ash .
    They exist only to accompany Ash.
    So , Their chemistry with Ash is more important then their goal or they being helpful to Ash .

    To be honest , No other girl able to create the same appeal Misty created in Kento series without any glorification because Misty was a perfect nagging Straight man while Brock & Ash were perfect comic relief.
    And they had a perfect chemistry !
    As far as love triangles goes, the only one that was close was Misty against Macey and Ash but what does Brock's Ash's and Misty's chemistry have to do with this? Misty's nagging only worked when ash was super stupid back then. He's not like htat now so it wouldn't work like before.
    Read everything carefully .
    On that Part , I was saying what Ash ,Misty & Brock had that made Kento series better then all other series .

    Iris suck at it and all she does is making weird expression and saying Kodomone , Kodomone !
    It made thing boring instate of making it funny .
    Misty wasn't like that .
    Except Misty was exactly like that but she didn't have a catch phrase. She had many phrases and they weren't funny to me. This is why I dislike Misty's and Iris's behaviors till this day.
    Nope She wasn't !
    She sarcasm was random and her tone was much sharper then Iris .
    Furthermore , Misty was more aggressive then Iris .
    She even resort to physically abuse .
    At the moment , you would think its bad because you seeing thing from the Real-life view !
    Pokemon is a fiction and sometime A character's Bad quality creates much more appeal then good quality .

    I want a female cast who's force to travel with Ash and play a perfect straight Man . She start by not liking Ash but later develop feeling toward him and got jealous of Ash's new cold female rival like Rika Nonoha (Digimon Tamer) Who also fall for Ash because Ash was the 1st friend she ever made !
    I don't know what is this "straight man" thing you keep mentioning but they aren't going to have a girl like Rika on the show. Digimon is more mature and has a different feel to it. It wouldn't appeal to this show because of how different Ash is to Takato. And I've watch yugioh zexal. yugioh has always been different than pokemon. So it will be different so I wouldn't compare them.
    You ever watch Comedy Anime like Fairy Tail or K-on .
    Then you might notice that those anime has a character who is more sensible ,serious & Intelligent then other character and often get comically abused.
    Such As , Mio (K-on ) , Lucy (Fairy Tail)
    Those type of character are call Straight man .
    You can check Wikipedia if you want .
    As far as I know , Digimon is a KIDS ANIME .
    So , Digimon is Mature !
    So Does Pokemon target the same Audience Doraemon & Perman Does ?
    Does Pokemon target babies !


    Pokemon is an Anime originate from the game.
    If we verify The Game's Purpose & Story then An Anime based on this game should target Mature kids over 8/10-12 year old.
    Pokemon can use Mature writing and it can have a love-triangle despite being a Kids Anime .
    Even Doraemon have Mature writing then this even though they target even younger Audience .
    Does Pokemon Target Younger Kids then Doraemon's Audience .
    So , Don't try to Justify Writer lazy Writing by saying Pokemon is a Kids Anime .
    Those Kids Anime , Target Audience , Newer Fans , Kids of Specific Age etc are nothing more then writer's Excuse .
    BIG FAT EXCUSE !
    Therefore
    It totally okay for Ash to have rival like Rika Nonoha (Digimon Adventure) and female cast like Mitsumi (Pokemon DPA) .
    And there could be Love-triangle between them for Ash !

    Sorry for losing my temper.
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 13th March 2013 at 04:03 PM.

  9. #9
    cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,688
    Blog Entries
    145

    Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    You guys are veering off topic. Keep your posts solely about the love triangles please.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

  10. #10
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,787

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I prefer Ash to get himself a nagging/spoiled Traveling companion & Cold female rival.
    And Both of them develop feeling toward Ash .
    Off-course ,
    If Giselle was a referring rival character then there would have been a great love-triangle between Ash , Misty & Giselle.
    Kishore, your mind really does wander doesn't it? Seriously, they aren't going to put that kind of girl on the main cast anymore. Misty did it once and that was enough and you see how mellow Iris is despite her catch phrase. If you want Ash to be a respected main hero protaganist, then by him having girl who nag and is cold to him and everyone around her isn't going to work on this show. Especially if there is a love triangle. You really need to watch Yugioh zexal if you're looking of this type of desperate writing.
    @Caseydia , You don't get it !
    I have no problem with Iris nagging .
    I just don't like her meaningless glorification .
    Such as giving her a super Dragonite Or Making her invisible against any trainer around her age group.
    Its like Writer treating her like a champion before she becomes a gym leader.
    The treating her like a champion thing started happening when she won the Donamite competition seeing as though she never really battles or trained much before winning the whole thing. It has nothing to do with Dragonite at all. It was alot of rushed development.
    Iris won the Don Tournament , Not Donamite !
    Opps! My bad. I keep forgetting which one of those things was which. But I'm going to keep on topic so that my infractions don't go up.

    And Cilan also hardly train but he's still shown to be a superior A-class Connoisseur and A Battler.
    Not a single A-class Connoisseur can catch up to him .
    He's just One step away from being a S-class Connoisseur.
    I don't get why Cilan need to travel since he's already so developed .
    Its Chill who should be traveling with Ash.
    I agree. Chili was the guy I wanted to be here because it would have been something the group needed. But as for love triangles, I feel maybe him, Burgundy and Cilan might be a good one. Don't think Burgundy would go for it but I would find that interesting.

    So , Iris isn't the only one with Special treatment.
    Cilan , Kotetsu & Your fav Trip also got special treatment !
    Trying yet again to stay on topic, I think Trip, Iris and Cialn would be a nice triangle as well. It sounds funny. However to make things clear, Trip didn't get special treatement in the beginning, he had horrible treatement and Ash has had both bad and good treatement always.

    Read everything carefully .
    On that Part , I was saying what Ash ,Misty & Brock had that made Kento series better then all other series .
    Tying to stay on topic, so I guess a love triangle with Misty, Ash and Brock would be good too seeing as though they are the perfect trio for you. That doesn't mean the Kanto series was better than anything else.

    Nope She wasn't !
    She sarcasm was random and her tone was much sharper then Iris .
    Furthermore , Misty was more aggressive then Iris .
    She even resort to physically abuse .
    At the moment , you would think its bad because you seeing thing from the Real-life view !
    Pokemon is a fiction and sometime A character's Bad quality creates much more appeal then good quality .


    Pokemon can use Mature writing and it can have a love-triangle despite being a Kids Anime .
    Even Doraemon have Mature writing then this even though they target even younger Audience .
    Does Pokemon Target Younger Kids then Doraemon's Audience .
    So , Don't try to Justify Writer lazy Writing by saying Pokemon is a Kids Anime .
    Those Kids Anime , Target Audience , Newer Fans , Kids of Specific Age etc are nothing more then writer's Excuse .
    BIG FAT EXCUSE !
    Okay I agree with you. Pokemon is aloud to have love triangles but it doesn't happen to often in this anime. Anmd I like it that way because with Ash he travels with too many girls and it would look more like a bad harem then what Ilike about it. Which is that everyone can be good friends. If Ash was to even be in a love triangle, I'd rather it be a girl not from the group and a guy who is a rival that way it can give the rival interactions with him as well as Ash. And also so that it doesn't make the viewers unconfortable being so close to the group. That's why most shippings are one sided or are made up by viewers. I like it that way rather so that it's more fun. Romance is not always a fun thing for this anime seeing that it's mostly about pokemon.

  11. #11
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    If Writer wanted to attract newer audience then he just has to create another Giselle.
    A cute girl Ash get attracted too .
    Then making her friendly with the main rival which would create A Love-triangle .
    Off-course
    Writer could bring a Childhood friend of Ash who moved to XY region before Ash started his journey .
    Ash met her in kindergarten and she always use to take care of Ash.
    And Ash meet her again and revealed that he always felt an unusual Heart-beat when he used to play with her and still feel that after meeting her .
    He also get amaze by her new look after meeting her again.
    While She still think Ash still as the way he was before .
    But His friendhood friend seem to be really close friend of his new Main rival .
    It would be awesome if Ash new main rival is her fiance .
    Which make Ash jealous even though he doesn't understand that feeling.
    Now ,
    Thats A Love triangle that has something to do with the Show !
    Also ,
    Isn't it strange that the only thing close to Childhood friend Ash got is Gary who was his rival !
    We haven't seen any other Childhood friend of Ash.
    I wonder if he was an outcast for his idiocy during his childhood .

  12. #12
    is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    65

    Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    Now to bring this back on topic.

    Game-wise, I have a number of love triangles , including one really crazy one. Here goes.
    *takes a breath*

    Heart Gold/Soul Silver (could also work for Pokemon Crystal, if not for the fact that the circumstance that brings Crystal and Eusine together would be different):
    Crystal has a one-sided crush on Eusine (which is what motivates her to catch Suicune, and soon after she does, Eusine realizes he has feelings for her), but Silver and Gold (I don't like "Ethan"; it doesn't suit him) both are in love with Crystal yet hate each other. Whitney has a one-sided crush on Gold, but Gold is completely oblivious to the fact that Whitney views him as anything other than a friend because of his own (hopeless) crush on Crystal. On top of that, once Crystal meets Red, he develops a one-sided crush on her (which gets awkward, since Crystal is married by this point) AND Misty has a crush on Red (which Red eventually reciprocates when he leaves Mount Silver).
    Some of this gets explained in detail in my fanfiction, Obsessions (see signature for links) and some of the other information (about Red and Misty) is stuff from a sequel that I'm planning that takes place a few years later.

    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald:
    A simpler love triangle: Wally loves May, but doesn't think that he's good enough for her (though to his shock May confesses that she loves him) and Steven Stone has a one-sided crush on May. (I just find the idea of May picking Wally over Steven hilarious).

    In Pokemon Adventures, I have suprisingly few love triangles. The only one I really like is Red/Yellow/Misty (interestingly, they have a definite Archie/Betty/Veronica dynamic to them). It ends up with Red and Misty getting together...which works out well since I have recently gotten into pairing Yellow with Lance. XD

    I have a few for the anime, but they're mostly "canon" love triangles anyways (e.g. Jimmy, Vincent, Marina), so nothing that would be that interesting to discuss.
    Last edited by Magenta Fantasies; 17th March 2013 at 12:01 AM.
    DeviantART: phoenixflaym
    Fanfictions: Obsessions Crystal Clear Gold Hearted Silver Lining
    Nimbasa Sunrise

  13. #13
    Tim
    Tim is offline
    Registered User Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pomona, CA
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    I treat love triangles two ways, as aforementioned.

    "Betty & Veronica"-type rivalry
    -Agatha/Prof. Oak/Delia
    -Vincent/Marina/Jimmy
    -Conway/Dawn/Kenny

    OT3
    -Pike Queen Lucy/Brock/Holly
    -Glacia/Drake/Phoebe
    -Mars/Saturn/Jupiter
    1. I thought Gardenia is a Grass-type fangirl; in addition, I could've sworn that she had a shippy Nando-centric flashback when the latter got framed.

    2. I'm tired of seeing Brock, being the designated eunuch of the show. As a result, I would love to see this OT3 to happen:

    Lucy x Brock x Holly

  14. #14
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    In An Advanceshipper Mind ,
    Ash , May & Drew are in a Love Triangle !
    Offcourse , Drew got the edge against Ash because he manage to help May from problem that Ash couldn't do a thing about !
    Its piss me off because I don't like Drew and I consider May to be the prettiest .
    So , It irritate me that Drew got the most prettiest girl in Pokemon .
    This the basic reason why I'm into shipping .
    I just want Ash to have a girl who hundreds time prettier then May .

  15. #15
    The sound of drums
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tijuana, Mexico
    Posts
    271
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Love Triangles!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    In An Advanceshipper Mind ,
    Ash , May & Drew are in a Love Triangle !
    Offcourse , Drew got the edge against Ash because he manage to help May from problem that Ash couldn't do a thing about !
    Its piss me off because I don't like Drew and I consider May to be the prettiest .
    So , It irritate me that Drew got the most prettiest girl in Pokemon .
    This the basic reason why I'm into shipping .
    I just want Ash to have a girl who hundreds time prettier then May .
    You know that nothing has been said and that this love triangle isn't close yet, so in other words you can't just give up on it

    Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •