I want to ship them.... But can't - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to ship them.... But can't

Default Re: I want to ship them.... But can't

Armorshipping. I loved Serena's character in the games (more so as your rival, obviously), so when she was being announced as one of Ash's companions, I thought it'd be interesting. Everyone wanted to say this was it, this was THE female companion that would make Ash suddenly realize he wasn't entirely asexual.

Instead, I cannot stand Anime!Serena at all. She's essentially there to be a love interest. She has very little personality, and little to nothing in common with the personality of her game self. The fact that she was just SHOVED into Ash's back story pisses me off to no end. She's like a badly disguised Mary Sue: she just shows up and goes 'DO YOU REMEMBER ME', and suddenly she was part of his childhood and he's never mentioned her before because...no specific reason, just 'didn't remember'. Yeah, all right.

I'm really, REALLY hoping they don't make the mistake of making it cannon. I want to like this pairing, but it just makes my blood boil whenever I see it/hear about it.
    PalletShipping<3<3<3PayHisRansomShipping

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderTownGhost View Post
    I'm probably going to get flamed to death for this, but I just can't ship Misty/Ash. Even though they were like, meant to be together, for some reason I just can't be okay with shipping them. xD
    Good to know I'm not the only one!
    I'm a James fan! I love shipping and the Pokemon anime

Blog Entries

Ferriswheelshipping, or whatever N/Hilda is called. I know a lot of people love it to pieces but I simply can't back that Ponyta. Even worse? I was working on a Black fanfic that totally destroyed that pairing for me; the more I wrote N's interactions with the main female lead, I realized just how different the pair were and it completely sank the boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by LavenderTownGhost View Post
    I'm probably going to get flamed to death for this, but I just can't ship Misty/Ash. Even though they were like, meant to be together, for some reason I just can't be okay with shipping them. xD
    Makes two of us. Maybe it's their personalities but I can't pair off Ash and Misty. For me it has never worked.

Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Ferriswheelshipping, or whatever N/Hilda is called. I know a lot of people love it to pieces but I simply can't back that Ponyta.
    Same here. I honestly hate that pairing~

Geekchicshipping- I really like both Serena and Clemont and they would look quite cute together, but Serena's crush on Ash is just so adorable that it feels really weird to ship these two. Plus I think Clemont would do better with some girl who is older than him (like Korrina probably), so it's really difficult to ship these two.

Kodakshipping- I really like the pairings of Ash x his main rival (Palletshipping is awesome! And Comashipping is cool too) but this one was just so boring! Ash and Trip just didn't seem to care enough about each other to make me care about their rivalry or this ship.

Advanceshipping. Love it, the background behind it, the fans, the fanfictions/art, the general idea, everything. I really do. But something just bugs me about it. Whether it's the feeling of nostalgia I get when I think of the pairing, or my personal belief that it lacks a canon backspine (/ is generally refutable), or something else, I don't know.

JamesxViolet(one of Misty's middle sisters) I feel like they would be cute together but just don't see it working,

01001000 01001001 DestinyOfDeoxys's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want start my shipping career by shipping Brock/Lucy. But Max will always fuck it up.
    My Running Gags:
    -Showing that I hate Eevee and co.

-My wacky thoughts expressed in big/small font

-The mentioning of Canadian 'adult model' Bryci

-Puns and Jokes that no-one will guess

-My bets (that I actually never bet on, ironicaly)

-And everything else I do that is funny.

Obsessive Shipper SnivyFennekinFroakie's Avatar

Follow SnivyFennekinFroakie on Tumblr

I would like to ship AdvanceAzalee as much as I used to, but Amour, GeekChic, and FourthWheel/LittleSibling are so tempting to ship!

I would love to ship DualRivalShipping, but i really love RebelShipping, so i can't ;-;

Still Cute, Still Strong, Still Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Pallet Fangirl View Post
    Geekchicshipping- I really like both Serena and Clemont and they would look quite cute together, but Serena's crush on Ash is just so adorable that it feels really weird to ship these two. Plus I think Clemont would do better with some girl who is older than him (like Korrina probably), so it's really difficult to ship these two.
    I really like GeekChicShipping too, but can't due to canon. AmourShipping is clearly gonna be a one-sided thing all the way even after XY's anime arc is done. It really sucks that reading fanfics about them doesn't feel as satisfying since it goes against what's official.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSoul93 View Post

I really like GeekChicShipping too, but can't due to canon. AmourShipping is clearly gonna be a one-sided thing all the way even after XY's anime arc is done. It really sucks that reading fanfics about them doesn't feel as satisfying since it goes against what's official.
    Yeah I can understand that. Those two would look really good together, and I had read some interesting theories on how it might work. But Serena is like really loyal towards Ash and she is giving so many hints of liking him, that it just feels plain weird to ship her with anyone else.

I'd like to ship ContestShipping, but man I can't get into this pairing no matter how much I try. I mean I get all the hints, but I just can't really "sync" to this pairing. Maybe it has to do with me disliking Drew and clich├ęs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalos Adventurer
    Gotta give the credit card a break at some point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Gary Oak View Post
    Armorshipping. I loved Serena's character in the games (more so as your rival, obviously), so when she was being announced as one of Ash's companions, I thought it'd be interesting. Everyone wanted to say this was it, this was THE female companion that would make Ash suddenly realize he wasn't entirely asexual.

Instead, I cannot stand Anime!Serena at all. She's essentially there to be a love interest. She has very little personality, and little to nothing in common with the personality of her game self. The fact that she was just SHOVED into Ash's back story pisses me off to no end. She's like a badly disguised Mary Sue: she just shows up and goes 'DO YOU REMEMBER ME', and suddenly she was part of his childhood and he's never mentioned her before because...no specific reason, just 'didn't remember'. Yeah, all right.

I'm really, REALLY hoping they don't make the mistake of making it cannon. I want to like this pairing, but it just makes my blood boil whenever I see it/hear about it.
    I agree with you. I'm just glad that she's not a tsundere.
    Helga: Look, Phoebe you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleepover you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
    Phoebe: Just get out.
    - Hey Arnold

i hope I'm not the only person here who can't STAND originshipping...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast