How did you become a shipper? - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How did you become a shipper?

Default Re: How did you become a shipper?

Umm, I guess I first became a shipper when I started rewatching Pokemon when I was, like, ten. I'd always liked Pokemon, and then the DP series was airing, which I didn't really like, so I decided to rewatch some episodes, and got stuck on the Advanced series with May. Then my ten-year-old brain thought that Ash and May were the best couple ever, so I googled it and came up with AdvanceShipping. Now I'm so-much-it's-crazy obsessed with it. :D
    Why is this place so DEAD? We must bring back Pokemon!! *starts ranting*

Registered Nosy Airliner Comrade Zhenya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah. I was just rewatching some episodes and then I saw Ash and May. Then I got AdvanceShipping. Which is also how I discovered other ships.
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

My shipping adoration possibly begun when I first watched the Pokemon Anime, aged 12. I guess how people interact with one another has always ignited my interest, and it was no different when it came to character interactions. I suppose my first ship was PokeShipping, as the hints in the Anime and the style of romance appealed to me personally, and soon I had a much larger opinion on shippings as I explored more about them. I think the potential of pairings really reeled me in and so did imagining what they could become in the future. I soon became a frantic multishipper, due to pure interest in the various reasons of shippings, and the miscellaneous combinations. Shipping cheers me up quite a bit too, for some reason.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

"Alerting all VOC@LOIDs." hopeandjoy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The year was 2008 (or maybe 2009). A young hope, having spent her last two years in fear of Pokémon's shipping fandom, one day decided to brave the storm. She clicked on Bulbagarden's Shipper's Paradise, closed her eyes, and randomly click on a thread. That thread was the Palletshipper's thread. She had her normal, incredibly embarrassing yaoi fangirl phase, before her common sense re-kick started.

Still, once you go slash, you never go back. No seriously, all my OTP's are mxm. Except my Madoka ones that are fxf. orz

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

I was randomly screwing around on Bulbapedia like I always do and I saw Shipping. and i was like "ive heard of that a long time ago(pearlshipping),but whutdafuq is it?*clicks* innnnnnnteeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrestiiiiiiiinnnnnng.....(reads different shipping articles)*becomes Pokeshipper*

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Follow salsa On Twitter
    Follow salsa on Tumblr

Definitely when I played Sapphire for the first time. I thought May and Wally would be a cute couple.

Serperior rules us all Catilena1890's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Catilena1890 On Twitter
    Visit Catilena1890's Youtube Channel

I became a shipper way back when I first dipped into pokemon fanfiction on FF.Net to look up May and Drew stories. I kept seeing a weird word called ContestShipping, and then a couple of years later while writing my megaman fanfic series someone explained what the term Shipping meant. I`ve been looking through all kinds of shippings ever since *though I`m still a hardcore ContestShipper*.

After I had started school,one summer vacation I watched DP(that was back then just out) that got me into pokemon AGAIN i started remembering all my fav pairings like Ash X Misty or May X Ash and I started having new ones from DP and the games.After i started looking for Someone X someone i found out it's called shipping and that's how i became a shipper.

Quench the Fire Egoistical Machine's Avatar

Well, for me, it's a bit of a peculiar story. I'll skip over the fact that when I was about 9 or so, the innocent mind of a child that I had at that time began to think that some characters looked cute together, since I believe that it happened with the majority of children out there. I'll immediately go to when I consciously became a serious shipper. As I said, it's a bit peculiar, as I didn't get into it instantly... it was more like a gradual process. Let me explain. Back when I first discovered my homosexuality, I slowly got closer and closer to being obsessed with yuri and yaoi. Imagining two characters of the same gender in love with each other really helped me and cheered me up. Then, after a while, I realized that I liked doing that for other reasons as well. To imagine of how two characters would fit together, by multiple points of view (personality-wise, story-wise, sexually, what would their relationship mean in a philosophical way, and whatever you can think of, seriously), is so fascinating. So... then I remembered about when I had discovered the terms "shipping" and "shipper" way before. And then I thought "alright, from now on, I officially consider myself a shipper". And that's how it went, yeah... Damn, I type too much.
    Last edited by Egoistical Machine; 5th January 2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Whatever

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

I was probably eight years old when I was first watching Pokemon, and I felt like I was the only person who didn't think Ash and Misty were *in love* or anything. All the other kids thought they were but I hated the idea. Back then, of course, I was watching it for the Pokemon. It wasn't until I read the Pokemon Adventures with Red and Blue that I started to ship, though not so much in a romantic way, Palletshipping (I think its called). I haven't watched the anime or read the comics for ages, only played the games. Oddly enough if I "ship" anything in PKMN now, its in the games. I think it all started really with May and Brendan because it was the first time there were two lead characters who could interact with each other. It was a novelty and I started to enjoy the idea of making up a story about the friendship and so on. Plus Wally was a nice edition. Likewise, I kind of saw the potential behind Dawn, Barry and Lucas, and then with Touko, Cheren and Bianca - with Touya and N as added bonuses.

Ultimately I always prefer ships that are, how call I say it, complicated and unlikely to come to anything because of barriers. Drama is the most important part of a story, especially in regards to the characters in a world where they all share one thing in common - their love of Pokemon. I liked May and Brendan because it was subtle and open to the interpretation of the player. PKMN Black was the first game to actually reduce me to tears when I first played it, at the end when N bids Touko farewell. It's not so much that I could ever want them to be together *that way*. It's the idea that maybe, for the first time, N might have seen a world outside that creepy playroom of his and the kindness he had so long denied in human nature. She shows him - or I guess Touya shows him if you are a guy - human kindness goes a long way, not just towards Pokemon but other people too. I guess with Touko it's easier to feel more drawn to N because he's mysterious and, given most Toukos out there are women, there is that sort of balance in it. True/Ideals, Black/White, Reshiram/Zekrom, Female/Male.

IDK, I have a fondness for shipping of people who may love each other, but would never be able to express it. Obviously I don't advise that for real relationships, lol. But it given that many of the ships in Pokemon centre around rivalry, battling and, in most recent cases, fighting on opposing sides - difficulty is a given.

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

When I was little, I thought Ash and Dawn were cute. I told my sister to search it up. I've been shipping ever since.

Even thought I'm not into the anime anymore, PearlShipping will always have a special place in my heart :)

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

easy, just seeing episode 1 od the advance series and i wanted ash and may to be a couple JUST 1 EPISODE

Visit ciciweezil96's Youtube Channel

Well, I've been coupling characters together since I was small (you know, like Yugi nd Tea and Ash and Misty). I used to be a fan of Sasusaku in Naruto and Sakasuki in Avatar. When I became a real anime fan i started running across the term shipping and threee years ago I realized what it meant. So now its a normal part of my vocabulary. Technically I've been shipping my whole life but I've only called it that for a few years.

Holy Matrimony. When I was a tot, I always just sort of assumed that Jessie and James were together, but that episode just sealed their fates in my eyes. I didn't know what shipping was then, though, and only officially shipped as a Potterhead with Harry and Hermione, Remus and Tonks, and Neville and Ginny. After earning a failing 1 out of three, I was pitter-pattering about a website and found a picture of a wedding cake with Jessie and James figurines on top as the bride and groom. Able to broaden shipping and wondering if, after over a decade, my first flirtation with shipping had ever become canon.

It was to Bulbapedia from there and the hints made me soar. Then the ships started adding up...multiplying like bunnies. But it was neat to have the full circle to Pokemon and to flesh out my ships.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I've never been a huuuuge shipper, but when I got to the Platinum Frontier I couldn't help but be like "YEEEEEES, VALETSHIPPING IS THE BEST PAIRING EVAR." I'd been joking about and dabbling in anime shipping since forever, though, because I'm a girl and we tend to like that kind of thing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast