How did you become a shipper? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you become a shipper?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How did you became a shipper?

I've just pretty much always paired characters up for as long as I can remember (most canonical obviously...[is that a word?])

I have a new obsession...Righteous Flame!

Pretty sure I was a ColosseumShipper way back when I first played the game not long after it came out. Since Rui always was within a five step distance of Wes, it just fit for me.

I didn't get into shipping for real until years later, though. I think it was all the art and clubs on dA that influenced me... I was a bit of a PokeShipper for a very short period of time just because I saw it EVERYWHERE but then I tossed it aside.

I'd say the first two ships I actually started to be fans of were BurningLeaf (Red x Leaf) and Newbark (Gold x Cyrs). The reason pretty much being because at the time I was in this huge HURRR DURR KANTO + JOHTO > ALL, NO EXCEPTIONS phase. (This was shortly before HGSS got announced. xD) I'm still a big BurningLeaf shipper and while I still support Newbark... I don't care about it as much anymore.

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Haha, these are really interesting to read XD

I know that ever since I was a little, I've "paired" characters up, especially if the series tried to make it obvious at times *coughDUBPOKESHIPPING* but my first serious ship was Rocketshipping. It was what got me into the fandom in the first place, when I was about 10 or so. I discovered fanfiction and from there, I went to those old webrings and fansites.

I didn't really ship much else until about 2007-ish when I got back into Diamond and Pearl and discovered how much of a jerk ass Paul was, and how perfect he was with Ash. Then the floodgates were cracked and I actually began to contribute to/participate in the shipping fandom for the first time ^^

"seasons change, people change"

I just got into the idea of it after watching my first ever episode of Hoenn. I remember it vividly - it was that lame Pelipper episode where the guy shoved Pokeballs in the thing's mouth.

Well, the episode definitely sucked, but I was really absorbed by May's character, and there seemed to be this invisible chemistry between her and Ash. I had been out of the fandom for a few years (anime-wise at least; I still played the games regularly) and I was surprised Misty wasn't there. I had never liked the idea of Ash and Misty getting together but figured it was inevitable, so I was really interested in learning more about this new girl. Then a trip to Serebii's forums and I found the Advanceshipping General Discussion thread, and, well the rest, as they say, is history.

I became a shipper when I was 6, and I was imagining Ash and Misty in romantic situations. Yep. d:
    ∩( ・ω・)∩

By watching the anime.

Oh, and in some cases, by finding really cute fan art.

y team

I've always shipped. It's always been natural for me.

I remember when I was younger I shipped Xena/Gabrielle and Ash/Misty.

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I have no idea actually. I remembering watching AG and thinking Ash and May would make a good couple but thats about it.

shsl mad scientist
    Blog Entries

Follow Melon Collie on Tumblr Visit Melon Collie's Youtube Channel

I became a RocketShipper by checking out BulbaPedia's articles and watching the episode Training Daze.

How did I become a SHIPPER? How you ask? ;D

The anime, it was the snorlax one that we once had on a VHS tape. Later down the road I went back to some old shows I used to watch and searching through fanfiction.net. Then my first shipping popped in my head. EGOSHIPPING!!I thought it was going to be an interesting triangle between Gary, Misty, and Ash. Then I decided why not Gary and Misty? Everybody was going to be putting Ash and Misty together why not, the herione and the rival turned good?

Thus I became a shipper.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

I think the first show I ever shipped anyone on was the Cardcaptors dub... I thought Li and Sakura had one of those cute little kid crush things going. Then I started watching Pokémon and thought the same about Ash and Misty.

Then I kinda stopped watching about midway through Johto, caught the last part of Johto, and was furious at Misty leaving because it would screw up my favorite duo.

Then Drew came along, and I found myself googling pictures of him (lol creeper) and then I was introduced to Contestshipping...

Then I became a REAL shipper, not just an idle spectator. :D

☽ Rose Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Is this exclusively Pokémon or shipping altogether? If it's the latter, I believe it started with Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, or maybe TK and Kari in the first season of Digimon. It's been awhile, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

As for Pokémon, I think it was with Pokéshipping way back when, but I never actively looked for hints or anything. When AG aired I thought Ash and May made a cute couple, so I paired them constantly for a few good years until I got more into Pokéshipping. Picked up Diamondshipping, and Eldershipping later on down the road. Now I ship a bunch of ships, though nowhere near as much as Luna.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Right when TR proposed Pokeshipping just as Brock left to be with Prof. Molester. I never thought much about romance, but I really liked the ship. I also thought about Rocketshipping, but I thought they were already dating.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

just like everybody else who was a pokemon fan between the ages of 6-10 in the late 90s early 00s I always assumed Ash & Misty were in love. However, I had no idea of the term "shipping" or the fandom behind shippings until I came across the shipping articles on bulbapedia 1 1/2-2 years ago & was intrigued. been a shipper ever since
    claims: Surfing Pikachu, Color Change, Pidgeotto, Johanna (<3)

Registered User GamerChickSweet16's Avatar
    Somewhere in Australia... not saying where, though.

I... don't remember. xD
    I have many names: raging fangirl, spoiler hound, troper extraordinaire. But there is one thing I cannot deny:

I am, in fact, a proud FerrisWheelShipper... one who is sadly still undecided on which version to play: Black or White?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast