Eldershipping Discussion = Fun for All - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eldershipping Discussion = Fun for All

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Default Re: Eldershipping Discussion = Fun for All

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary Girl View Post
    Re: the age gap issue: Add to that the whole power dynamic (he was in charge of her somehow once upon a time), and it all could be fairly creepy. But he never seems to lord anything over her, she seems OK with speaking her mind around him despite his age and position, and it's nice just seeing that they're being totally chill. (None of that angst we always want to give them over it visible, thank heavens.)
    =O This is how I feel about it too (even if it didn't seem like it because the way I worded it was a little odd.)
    But I'm interested in hearing your other potential theories, too.
    The theory that I usually go with after my main one would be the one Ilex presented in her story 'Mended.' While I did enjoy the angst, I'm glad they were finally able to be happy together and have no more secrets.

Although another interesting thing that I'm noticing (thanks for stirring the pot, Giovanni) is that everyone pretty much presumes it's all Giovanni in the past, all the time. I wonder what keeps Spencer Hale from being a viable romantic option? Surely Diamondshipping is win for all sorts of badassness, and we've got a semi-canon nibble (as much as Live can be considered a canon, anyway), but Spencer's an option too (after all, she's concerned enough to demand to go along at the beginning of 3--of course that's her friend, but what can she do?).

(I guess what I'm really trying to say is, where my Elder/Haleshippers at? Do they even make y'all any more?)
    For me it's that I'm a huge Team Rocket fan. I like to imagine it as being very involved in the going-ons in both Kanto and Johto (like funding the Pokemon League to seek out possible agent candidates for example), so I tend to connect a lot of characters to it in some shape or form. Some of these theories I've mentioned in the Nevermet Shippings thread (Diamondshipping and Tyson being Prof. Oak's son, and I'm liking zel's idea of Bashou being Prof. Lund's son.) So I guess I've never been into Haleshipping because he wasn't in TR and I never figured him into it. (Though that does trigger some plot bunnies in my head. Where does he get his funding from?...)
    It could also be that he hasn't been mentioned since the third movie, so he's "out of sight, out of mind" somewhat.

I know, right? We need our extended family fix! :( At least they know they can leave everything in Tracey and Gary's capable hands...
    I guess that's the only solace to come out of that. ;_; I really wanted to see their new eyeballs too *sigh*

Manga Sam Fangirl Revolutionary Girl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    =O This is how I feel about it too (even if it didn't seem like it because the way I worded it was a little odd.)
    It's an awesome worldview, because NOW THEY ARE EQUALS YAY. And who doesn't want a relationship like that?

The theory that I usually go with after my main one would be the one Ilex presented in her story 'Mended.' While I did enjoy the angst, I'm glad they were finally able to be happy together and have no more secrets.
    Wow, thanks for giving me an excuse to start rereading this at work. Hadn't read that in years.

So I guess I've never been into Haleshipping because he wasn't in TR and I never figured him into it. (Though that does trigger some plot bunnies in my head. Where does he get his funding from?...)
    OOH! Also, his house is too epic to get from some sort of university job (unless he's chairing something--highly unlikely, since he can pick up and leave at a moment's notice to go researching). Could it be... [strike]Satan[/strike] a Team Rocket payoff for information on another legendary cloing project?!?

(Or, you could have more twisted family history and say that perhaps the Hale wife is related to the TR shenanigans somehow. A brainy version of Domino? Giovanni's sister? Fly, plot bunnies, fly!)

I guess that's the only solace to come out of that. ;_; I really wanted to see their new eyeballs too *sigh*
    Don't give up! There may be an inevitable phone call home! :D? :D?

Actually, along the same lines... This puts us sort of in the league of "questions for the sake of topics," but I am curious.

We generally see Ash as clueless about the relationship (which is sort of sad and unfair, but hey, we're still working off Kanto/ Johto paradigms, we're trying to get there, give us a break). I don't know that we've ever really given Gary a chance to weigh in. What's his thoughts? Is it awkward? Does it matter?

Or just talk amongst yourselves. Or make me talk to myself. IDK.

"Ol' Flying Fingers Sammy jumped the gun."

Pokemaniacs Anonymous: Growing old =/= growing up.

Blog Entries

OOH! Also, his house is too epic to get from some sort of university job (unless he's chairing something--highly unlikely, since he can pick up and leave at a moment's notice to go researching). Could it be... Satan a Team Rocket payoff for information on another legendary cloing project?!?

(Or, you could have more twisted family history and say that perhaps the Hale wife is related to the TR shenanigans somehow. A brainy version of Domino? Giovanni's sister? Fly, plot bunnies, fly!)
    I've always though of Gio as an only child with a few cousins, but that's not for this thread.

That would make an interesting fic, though sadly I lack any drive to write one. So many possibilities...

Don't give up! There may be an inevitable phone call home! :D? :D?

Actually, along the same lines... This puts us sort of in the league of "questions for the sake of topics," but I am curious.

We generally see Ash as clueless about the relationship (which is sort of sad and unfair, but hey, we're still working off Kanto/ Johto paradigms, we're trying to get there, give us a break). I don't know that we've ever really given Gary a chance to weigh in. What's his thoughts? Is it awkward? Does it matter?

Or just talk amongst yourselves. Or make me talk to myself. IDK.
    We can only hope *sigh*

I generally see Ash as clueless about the whole thing until his friends point it out to him. After that he's like "....WHAT!?!" and initially kinda on the fence about it. After many reassurances and people pointing out how stupid and selfish he's being, he supports it all the way (Even if it means being related to Gary.)

As for Gary, I think he noticed the hints, but wasn't expecting it to lead to marriage. But he would be supportive of it (it's been awhile since Grandma Oak passed away.) In my headcanon Delia was basically a second mom to Gary, so he wouldn't be upset at their getting together, other then "Oh great, I have an Uncle Ash now..." (Not very serious though. It would mostly just be joking around, as the two have made up and have a much more relaxed rivalry now.)

Tracey would know right away (he is a Watcher after all) and be behind it 100%.

Blog Entries

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

I have screenshots from the new episodes! They are cute. <3

They're on the way to Isshu! It's darling that they gave Satoshi the window seat; wonder why Hanako didn't sit next to him, though?

I can't remember the nature of the crisis here. Pikachu may have gotten the lighting jolt in the lab at this point. I like the visible resemblance between Hanako and Satoshi...

What? We caught you having breakfast together? Excuse me?

Oh, they're all having breakfast together. <3 SOmeone in the review thread pointed out that they really looked like a family in these episodes. I can't help but agree...

Her expression is just so cute here I don't even. :D

And they're sending Satoshi on his way! :D Just after this there was a Hanako shoujo moment with her hair blowing in the wind. <3

So it looks like our ship is alive and well! They actually seem really happy. <3

Except Professor Araragi looks like a sophisticated piece of work! I think it's that hairdo and that lab coat's popped collar. Anyway, keep your man close, Hanako...

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To say nothing of them going on vacation halfway around the world together.

...Although now I kinda wanna see a fic where Delia invited herself after hearing that Aranagi is a woman, and didn't want Sam to get distracted (watch, Aranagi will be happily married or gay or happily gay married or something).

Blog Entries

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

I have screenshots from the new episodes! They are cute. <3

They're on the way to Isshu! It's darling that they gave Satoshi the window seat; wonder why Hanako didn't sit next to him, though?

I can't remember the nature of the crisis here. Pikachu may have gotten the lighting jolt in the lab at this point. I like the visible resemblance between Hanako and Satoshi...

What? We caught you having breakfast together? Excuse me?

Oh, they're all having breakfast together. <3 SOmeone in the review thread pointed out that they really looked like a family in these episodes. I can't help but agree...

Her expression is just so cute here I don't even. :D

And they're sending Satoshi on his way! :D Just after this there was a Hanako shoujo moment with her hair blowing in the wind. <3

So it looks like our ship is alive and well! They actually seem really happy. <3

Except Professor Araragi looks like a sophisticated piece of work! I think it's that hairdo and that lab coat's popped collar. Anyway, keep your man close, Hanako...
    Oh my, I can't wait to watch these episodes. Eldershipping lives! My favorites out of those pictures are the breakfast ones. Whoever that reviewer was hit the nail on the head with the family comment.

On a random note, this is the first time I've seen the Professor without his lab coat on, and the first time they actually used a plane. (I was beginning to think everyone traveled by blimp in the Pokemon World if they wanted to fly.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    ...Although now I kinda wanna see a fic where Delia invited herself after hearing that Aranagi is a woman, and didn't want Sam to get distracted (watch, Aranagi will be happily married or gay or happily gay married or something).
    You're not the only one, that's an interesting idea. Maybe she's engaged to Prof. Ivy?

Those screenshots made me squeeeeeeee! Eldershipping makes me so happy and as for the age difference who gives a darn. :3 I'm with someone who is 11 years older than me and after a certain point it really doesn't matter.

:3

ELDERSHIPPING LIVES!

this post brought to you by anti anxiety drugs so my apologies on any incoherency. :P

Eldershipping Rules!

Proud Gamer and Geo nerd.
    Warhammer 40k Space Wolves Player

Blog Entries

I'm back momentarily for a request.

Ms. Mysty (yes, the one from the post above!) is considering jumping back into the fanfic world of Eldershipping, but requested that I provide a prompt to fire her imagination. I turn to the rest of you for something to fire my imagination on this?

What's a neat side of the dynamic that we haven't covered?

Of course it can be the same old chestnuts (see the complete works of Ilex, who seems to have covered everything!) with a fresh spin, but I feel like there must be something new and different for us to say/ see/ do... Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Hmmm...

• Tyson's Oak's child's (or children, who knows how many he had) view the relationship between the two.
    • Sam's/Delia's ex happens upon the two while they're out on vacation. It isn't a pleasant reunion. The one whose ex shows up is comforted by the other. (It would be interesting to see Sam's ex. Most fanfics say she's dead, but you never know.)
    • Delia becomes interested in Pokémon medicine/research and the good old Prof. is there to help her get her studies back on track.
    • If it's a more lighthearted fic, one of them could up a bizarre hobby or something. The other is forced to accompany them to some expo on it.
    • Delia thinks the decorum in the lab is a little drab, so while Sam is out (either for work or just a quick shopping trip, depending on how big of a change you want) she redecorates (with some help from Tracey of course. Maybe Gary too if he's around.) Sam returns home. Hilarity ensues.

I also like the idea IMM posted before:
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123