Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The (In)Complete List of Shippers - V8

Quote Originally Posted by pikachuluver44 View Post
    pikaleyshipping = Ashley & Pikachu
    palleyshipping = Ashley & Gary
    Stalkershipping = Conway, Brock, Rudy & Drew
    Endshipping = Wobbufet & Pikachu
    I think that with the exception of the third one, those are all named already. And I think the name StalkerShipping already exists...

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pikachuluver44 View Post
    Chaseshipping = Conway, Brock, Rudy & Drew

EDIT: V T_T figures... I'm changing my post then...
    ChaseShipper is already on the list as Ariados, Banette & Skitty.

It's also the name for a semi-popular Yu-Gi-Oh yaoi ship (for Otogi/Honda, a.k.a. Duke/Tristan). Which normally isn't a problem with the shipper's list when a name is cross-listed, but if it's a popular or somewhat popular name, you may want to choose a different name for your ship if that's the case. ^^;;

You should probably double check on Google and the shipper's list before submitting names? =)

(Edit) On that note, I just realized Roark/Maylene was added as "PuzzleShipper". Which... yeah.

In YGO fandom Puzzleshipping is like one of the yaoi OTPs of the fandom, for Yami/Yugi. XD; So could the Roark/Maylene ship maybe get a new/alternate name? It'd be hard to search for things for this ship otherwise when Puzzleshipping turns up with 35,300 hits on Google (not to mention 377 stories on Fanfiction.net...) and it's nearly all entirely Yami/Yugi related stuff due to that ship being so popular... lol.

Also because as a Yami/Yugi fan myself as well as somewhat interested in a Roark/Maylene pair, it'd be a bit odd for me personally to refer to both pairs by the same name, haha.
    Last edited by Kotone; 15th February 2010 at 05:53 PM.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

I could point out a few dozen ships that share its name with the YGO fandom. It's inevitable. And despite their Honorshipping not being popluar, I still wade through every many mention of it until I find mine.

So, no need. *shrug* I'm sure the Wishshippers and other cross-list namers get with their searching methods just find ("+puzzleshipping Roark"). YGO is no reason not to name something.

As for Conway/Brock/Drew/Rudy, would Veneryshipping do okay, pikachuluver? Venery means "the practice or sport of hunting; the chase" and "the gratification of sexual desire."
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    I could point out a few dozen ships that share its name with the YGO fandom. It's inevitable.

So, no need. *shrug* I'm sure the Wishshippers and other cross-list namers get with their searching methods just find ("+puzzleshipping Roark"). YGO is no reason not to name something.
    Yeah, I understand that and all =) What I mean about this is, unlike Wishshipping which covers minor ships in both fandoms (sadly, and I know this because I'm actually a Jounouchi/Yugi fan too, but it is a pair not too commonly shipped there compared to other pairings with those characters), XD; Puzzleshipping is a HUGE ship in Yu-Gi-Oh fandom. It's popularity there is similar to that of Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping, Palletshipping, etc. It'd be almost impossible to find stuff Roark/Maylene related when having to search through tons of Yami/Yugi stuff too. Even when adding 'Roark' or 'Maylene' or quotation marks etc, Yu-Gi-Oh related stuff still shows up with it. XD;

I did notice Tendershipping was not on this list for example; it'd really be like if someone tried to name a random minor character ship as Tendershipping in this fandom. [Tendershipping in YGO fandom, for the record, is Yami Bakura/Ryou Bakura. And another *hugely* supported yaoi pair in that fandom]. Another example would be if someone tried to name a pairing here as Puppyshipping [which is Kaiba/Jounouchi in YGO fandom and another huge yaoi ship there]. ^^;; It's just like... it'd be *really* hard to search for fics or artworks for a pairing that shared names with a super popular crosslisted pairing from another fandom. XD;

And being a big fan of game shippings and rare shippings in general myself it'd sadden me if it became even harder to find stuff for them just because they shared a well known shipping name with another fandom, lol.

The other thing, like I mentioned, is it'd be very odd liking both pairings but having to call them by the same name, when YGO Puzzleshipping's popularity is equal to or maybe even more than Palletshipping's popularity. Most Yu-Gi-Oh fans or even just those who knew of the pairing, would automatically relate the term Puzzleshipping to YGO fandom rather than Pokemon fandom. If that makes sense? XD;

It's basically like if YGO fandom tried to use the name Palletshipping over in their fandom for a semi popular ship with minor characters. Palletshipping fans would almost definitely not accept that name being used over there or would most likely prefer not to use it in relation to a pairing there. Roark/Maylene is a minor ship but I bet most YGO fans in this fandom wouldn't refer to it as Puzzleshipping anyway, even if they did like it? It'd just cause confusion, basically XD;

Another thing. Well, it'd be fine even if it stays on the list because of the list's rules, but it'd just be nice for YGO fans who may like it to have an alternate name to refer to it by too if the other name can't be changed? After all, it was most likely added only in the last few years or so, since the Diamond & Pearl games are the most recent in the series, it's not like it's a really old ship whose fans wouldn't want the name changed. It probably wouldn't make things too confusing for the ship to have a second/alternate name, most fans would probably prefer it if they didn't want to refer to it by the shared YGO ship name. =)

(sorry for the long post, just hoping this explanation makes sense!)
    Last edited by Kotone; 15th February 2010 at 09:59 PM.

Here's To The Winners J. S. Köttbulle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BRKShipper: Barry & Fantina
    Fizzy Bubbles
    All the good things come from small towns, from the kids who make their own fun...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Double names are for extremely specialized cases; this really isn't one of them. The girl who made Puzzleshipping likely knew what she was getting into, since its impossible to miss its usage. It's also over three years old.

I don't think its fair, nor right, to limit ourselves because of some other fandom's popular list. If you can think far enough ahead to avoid it, then you will. If you aren't, it's probably not much of a loss, since 97% of all 'ships are minor anyway, and probably won't have shit for them.

Silentshipping is equally huge, despite its...lack of anything, in YGO, and we also have one. (Good luck with all the Dragonships; I'd wager they're like ten.) Regardless.

There has been one example of usage of someone I know liking a 'ship with the same name in two fandoms. All she did was simply, in casual conversation, was denote which fandom it belonged to.

Searching is its own affair; there are ways around it.

Denotion in fandom-speak? That's simple. ...I don't remember exactly what BJ did to denote the different Airshippings (Pokemon's and FF6's), but if you're talking to a YGO fan, having already explained, "Oh, we got one to," simply note it as P-Puzzleshipping (or something of the like).

At least then, they know what you're talking about.

Puppyshipping isn't just popular in YGO. It's popular in Harry Potter. They don't have a problem using it, even if they'll equally call it simply Remus/Sirius. If you're in that fandom, you ain't gonna be confused.

If you're on a Gym Leader thread, if you mention Puzzleshipping, with context, and without names...they may not know what it is, and maybe think YGO, but they won't assume it is.

Frankly, that above example will further persist without an outside fandom reference, only because our Puzzleshipping is so minor, no one pays attention to it. It'd be no different than saying, "^_^ I love Deniedshipping!" because equally, without being told or looking up themselves...if you're on a pokémon forum talking pokémon 'ships, you might briefly connect it with something if the name exists elsewhere, but you'll still be asking the same question as if there was none to start with: "What's that? lol"

Post Thanks / Like

Also made two new lists, for May ships and Dawn ships.

Let me know what you think of the formatting, everyone?

May's List

Dawn's List

I also reorganized the order of all the names in the threesome/moresome pairs so they're all in alphabetical order after the list character's name, and easier to search for. ^_^

^^;; And all right then, I suppose that's fine about the Roark/Maylene ship name. It's just that I don't see how it's any different from a ship like say, Volkner/Candice which has at least *some* stuff in fandom for it and comes from the same set of games, and if a ship is at least a somewhat valid ship in the games or anime, even if it was a rare pairing, I think it'd be nicer if they at least had unique names. Even if the spelling of the ship name could be altered a bit, or have something added to the name, that would be nice too. XD; But okay then, I understand about that.

I am in Harry Potter fandom too but I've never seen the name Puppyshipping actually used there? o.o' I mean, I do avoid the fandom a bit especially for that particular pair (though I do like it too) but I've really never seen it used there. Is it really? XD; lol... that's odd then x.x' Well if it is used in that fandom, I tried searching on FFN for fics that mention that name in the Harry Potter section and only two came up so I don't think it's used too often there, unlike the examples I was trying to give haha (where the names Puzzleshipping, Tendershipping, and Puppyshipping are used in the Yugioh fandom as much as Pokeshipping or Palletshipping is used here, for example. You have to admit, if either Pokeshipping or Palletshipping, or even Advanceshipping, Contestshipping or Pearlshipping were used as a shipping name over in Yu-Gi-Oh fandom, one would wonder why the heck someone wanted to use those names considering their already very popular usage, lol). But anyway like I said it's fine then lol. I was just confused about the fact it was added when it was a shared name, but ok then. Also wanted to say sorry for all the questions lately!
    Last edited by Kotone; 16th February 2010 at 07:59 AM.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Denotion in fandom-speak? That's simple. ...I don't remember exactly what BJ did to denote the different Airshippings (Pokemon's and FF6's
    GJAirshipping for the Pokemon one and SDAirshipping for the FFVI one, based off the names of the characters involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Harpshipper - Nando & Lyra

Thought of it just now when randomly thinking that these two characters had a connection with music (Nando has his harp/lyre and Lyra's English & Japanese names both relate to that instrument, lol?)

I checked the list and it didn't look like the pairing or name was on there yet, so hope it is okay. Surprised this name wasn't taken already for him though, lol.
    Last edited by Kotone; 16th February 2010 at 07:49 AM.

Don't know what I'm doing InsomniaticSpriter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow InsomniaticSpriter on Tumblr

These are probably taken, but I'm lazy so anyone feel free to correct me and I'll edit the post.

BlueberryJellyShipper - May & Ditto
    DPTeamShipper - Dawn & Luxray
    EarShipper - Buneary & Spiky-earred Pichu
    FinalFrontierShipper - Palmer & Ash
    FloatingFlameShipper - Buizel & Quilava
    FrozenWingShipper - Empoleon & Staraptor
    IlexShrineShipper - Silver & Celebi
    IronIslandShipper - Lucas & Riolu
    LakeVerityShpper - Lucas & Mesprit
    MockingbirdShipper - Lucas & Chatot
    RoseradesAreRedShipper - Dawn & Roserade
    SurpriseSneakShipper - Haunter & Dawn
    TreeClimberShipper - Aaron (Elite) & Beautifly

EDIT: What I called RapeShipping (Lance (Rocket) & Gold) I want to change to GoldenLaunch.
    Last edited by InsomniaticSpriter; 17th February 2010 at 03:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

RichardPryorShipper: Barry, Will, and Flannery
    Fizzy Bubbles
    All the good things come from small towns, from the kids who make their own fun...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TenShaKit View Post
    RapeShipper - Lance (Rocket) & Gold
    Only one I won't take. And if you rename it, I need to know if it's game or manga.

Don't know what I'm doing InsomniaticSpriter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow InsomniaticSpriter on Tumblr

Only one I won't take. And if you rename it, I need to know if it's game or manga.
    Will GoldenLaunch work?
    Um, never read poke manga so... yeah, it's game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She asked me the same thing when I referred to Barry as Pearl in all my ships.
    Fizzy Bubbles

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Slendershipper - Brawly & Lucian
    Tomahnashipper - Wallace, Winona, Erika & Lucian
    Amateriashipper - Brawly & Thorton
    Seleniticshipper - Sidney & Roark
    Stoneshipshipper - Drake (Hoenn) & Jasmine

if one can see a common theme in all but the first, you are my hero :0

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!