The (In)Complete List of Shippers - V8 - Page 187

Page 187 of 534 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 7996
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The (In)Complete List of Shippers - V8

  1. #2791
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    Not only that but TIP, if Toraphi did allow you to change WaterNarcshipping's name it would spark chaos, as it would give shippers the impression that they can change their shipping names whenever they please to whatever they please. The Lagomorphshippers would have a field day and damn, calming them down last year was a right palaver.
    It's not quite that though. If I allowed the change, that only sets up Habu as being allowed to change or alter Lagomorph as its coiner; they'd have no basis to rant and rave. At the same time, they'd also never notice it was changed in the first place because it'd be so minute.

    However, too much time has eclipsed. The list has been c/ped to many other places, permanently marking the web with WaterNarc's existence. The uses even by TIP and, say, shedinja are also permanent marks, as well as by anyone else. It exists as so, and if I changed it, it wouldn't be 'change', it'd be:

    WaterNarcisShipper
    WaterNarcShipper

    Much like Navi and Navigator. And since WaterNarc is the shortened version, it'll be used over WaterNarcis regardless, because it's two letters shorter and we know how many people love shorthand.

    But that opens up its own argument for repeat names, which give me headaches thinking about.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  2. #2792
    That strange one Vycksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    To be fair, well in a sense, that wouldn't stop the Lagomorphshippers. Although at the same time they seemed to have finally gotten over it as the only name they wanted it changed to was taken... hail Rachel who coined PikaMimishipping before they could.

    However there's really no need to continue. You've said no to the change and I don't blame you. It would open many cans of worms. xD

    ---

    FrozenRoseShipper - Empoleon & Roserade
    PiercingThornShipper - Roserade & Drifblim
    LeafStormShipper - Roserade & Luxray

    All for and named by Raine.



    Nynaeveshipper - Strategistshipper - TotalEclipseshipper

  3. #2793
    Lolz, Mikoto. Avegaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Academy City... yeah right.
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    *headslap* Noooo you don't. If that were true, Vy would be changing every single bad name she claims to have ever made, /especially/ the ones that aren't used by anyone except her (for which there are many, and she better not be looking at me crossly for saying so). No change, TIP. D: I'm sorry.
    Lmao, that goes the same here... XD

    Tip... either way even if you want to start a very huge debate, we're just going to have to accept the fact that no more changes... except if it's a typo and only a few months/weeks have passed... (I wonder if Toraphi was able to change PedoRapeShipping... XD)

    Anyways, time to submit a shipping name... ;D

    AnalyticalShipper - Lorelei & Zoey

    I only see Analytic so... *abuses the suffixes*

  4. #2794
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
    (I wonder if Toraphi was able to change PedoRapeShipping... XD)
    I did, because your case was very different: Y'had proof you made a mistake when submitting, and it's honestly the kind of 'ship no one would ever take or consider seriously. It's mostly on the head of the former though.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  5. #2795
    championshipping no miko!
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right now? Rainy, foggy area.
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Ne, Luna, will you be updating the Freewebs site soon?
    Hi! I'm shadow/phantomness! I founded Championshipping (Lance x Red).

    http://www.geocities.com/shadowphantomness/index.html
    <--- My Page!

    I am desperately trying to avoid reading yaoi and yuri, without much success...

  6. #2796
    That strange one Vycksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    JudgementShipper - Michelle & Arceus

    Hellza YES. *fist pump* ... and yes, I want the E in Judgement. Bias to the British spelling and all even if Arceus' signature move doesn't have the E. :B



    Nynaeveshipper - Strategistshipper - TotalEclipseshipper

  7. #2797
    Resident Originshipper The Incarnation ポケモン's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    It may not bring up many results on Google but just about every Pokemon fan knows that the Freewebs list is the official list so therefore, they would know that FakeEvilshipping is Lovrina x Bianca.
    Actually, I think more people are in the dark about the list than know about it. The Pokemon fandom is huge, and even most of the shippers only care about their handful of pet ships. They don't even know there is an official site, let alone Ctrl + F through it to check for the official name of some random ship they just happened to offhandedly mention. Just recently there were two people on SPPf giving random names to Harley x Wallace. Not to mention that whole omgwtflol with Shineshipping, and who-knows-how-many other "When Fans Didn't Know/Give A Crap About The Official List" stories.

    If anything, the poor list needs much more publicity.

    if Toraphi did allow you to change WaterNarcshipping's name it would spark chaos, as it would give shippers the impression that they can change their shipping names whenever they please to whatever they please. The Lagomorphshippers would have a field day
    As LT pointed out, what I wanted would only allow the original namer to change the ship name, not just any rabid fans of it, no matter how rabid they might be. For instance, it wouldn't allow me to change Originshipping's name (not that I want to, but if I did).

    Nonetheless...

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    The list has been c/ped to many other places, permanently marking the web with WaterNarc's existence. The uses even by TIP and, say, shedinja are also permanent marks, as well as by anyone else. It exists as so, and if I changed it, it wouldn't be 'change', it'd be:

    WaterNarcisShipper
    WaterNarcShipper

    Much like Navi and Navigator.
    All right, here's a point I can actually buy. I mean, I could go back and edit every single one of my mentions of WaterNarc, but I can't force anybody else to edit any of the other mentions.

    And since WaterNarc is the shortened version, it'll be used over WaterNarcis regardless, because it's two letters shorter and we know how many people love shorthand.
    Fair enough, not to mention the classic case of "Advanceshipping" vs "Advancedshipping." I can see how allowing WaterNarc and WaterNarcis to coexist for the same ship might (very tiny "might", but still) lead to more future "Advance" vs "Advanced" -type dilemmas for more popular ship names.

    Condensed tl;dr: Okay, no change. As long as no one makes jokes about Wallace and Milotic being druggies. Not that this is an entirely implausible scenario. >>

  8. #2798
    That strange one Vycksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TIP
    If anything, the poor list needs much more publicity.
    I disagree. I come across more people who know of the list then people who do not and as said to Toraphi, the Lagomorphshippers wouldn't give... in my blunt terms... a crap about Habunake/Kojiro being the namer of their ship. But as also said, the discussion is over.

    ---

    TTTShipper - Brock & Minnie

    Short for Tried Three Times, cause that is now many times Brock professed his "love" to my latest CotD obsession.



    Nynaeveshipper - Strategistshipper - TotalEclipseshipper

  9. #2799
    iced tea in my hair★ Seiphre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Hmmm. I thought of one!

    PurifiedShipping- LeafeonxShaymin

    Shaymin makes flower fields and Leafeon makes clean air. :D
    [ californiaNIGHTS ]

    Garrid | Cocky | Balulalow | Pants | Mew | Larry

  10. #2800
    Resident Originshipper The Incarnation ポケモン's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    494

    Default

    @ Vy: LT would still be able to deny those clamoring Lagomorphshippers in perfectly good conscience since none of them were the original namers, but she'd be unable to justify denying future name changes to original namers.

    EEEEENYWEIZ...

    Did Wallace x Nando actually ever get named? I searched the thread and all I found was a post where Avegaille suggested it from someone's SPPf post, and then there was some issue with the name.

    If it's still unnamed:
    SonnetShipper - Wallace & Nando (I was gonna go for BardShipping, but the official site is a little ambiguous with its explanation of whether ship names can be cross-listed between the Pokemon-only list and the crossover list, because the only definition of cross-listing it gives is name reuse between fandoms, not between lists.)

    Speaking of rules... After that big ol' kerfluffle I started a while ago over names that are just prefixes tacked onto preexisting ship names, I have no idea what to do with my following name idea:

    MikuMikuShipper - Wallace & Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid2)

    ...Given that MikuShipping already exists. Really, my idea came from the Miku song "Miku Miku Ni Shite Ageru," but I dunno if that makes the name any more acceptable.

    At any rate, I've got one more for the road:

    EchoShipper - Wallace, Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid2) & Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid2)

  11. #2801
    Pokémaniac VeronicaIsabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    somewhere deep below the earth
    Posts
    118

    Default

    DarkHandShip: Chow (Jackie Chan Adventures) x Finn Halen (Jackie Chan Adventures)

  12. #2802
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantomness View Post
    Ne, Luna, will you be updating the Freewebs site soon?
    Soon as I can muster the energy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vycksta View Post
    JudgementShipper - Michelle & Arceus

    Hellza YES. *fist pump* ... and yes, I want the E in Judgement. Bias to the British spelling and all even if Arceus' signature move doesn't have the E. :B
    D: You like complicating my life, don't you? Realize, if someone ever wanted 'Judgment', I'm gonna have a split case. 'Foreign' words with one letter difference (Paradise/Paradisu) vs alternate English spelling. And I will cry.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverEyedFreak View Post
    Hmmm. I thought of one!

    PurifiedShipping- LeafeonxShaymin

    Shaymin makes flower fields and Leafeon makes clean air. :D
    ^^; Sorry. Leafeon/Shaymin is Fragrantshipping and Purifiedshipping is Marnie/Suicune. *nod*

    Quote Originally Posted by The Incarnation ポケモン View Post
    @ Vy: LT would still be able to deny those clamoring Lagomorphshippers in perfectly good conscience since none of them were the original namers, but she'd be unable to justify denying future name changes to original namers.
    Oh yes I would. I give a grace period for name changing, in case someone feels they hate what they called it. Granted, that grace period is only open between the Additions-said-name-is-posted-on and the next one, but getting by how long it's taking me to get around to collecting these days, they gots ample time to say 'oh waitwait!' even if they don't know about the grace period.

    And the whole thing over Transvestiteshipping is...I want to say 'no', on the same basis that I refused 'otaku' as being a usable word, but also because people who could like the couple might not enjoy the implication they dress up in womens' clothing. *shrug* So I'll use Sonnet if the time comes on a decision.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  13. #2803
    That strange one Vycksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    @ TIP: My point still stands. They are an effing stubborn bunch; the only reason why they FINALLY clamed down was because they wanted PikaMimishipping instead and Bryony's sister coin it for Pikachu x Lopunny before they could. I remember that thread on SPPf; they were giving Toraphi a hard time and they are still bitter. That wouldn't stop them, especially as Habunake has only ever contributed three ships IIRC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger
    D: You like complicating my life, don't you? Realize, if someone ever wanted 'Judgment', I'm gonna have a split case. 'Foreign' words with one letter difference (Paradise/Paradisu) vs alternate English spelling. And I will cry.
    I'm aware... and I know that this is going to be as picky as a picky thing but I like the British way of spelling Judgement and I want that for Michelle x Arceus. ^^;

    ---

    BeanoShipper - Sidney & Minnie
    MeiadeShipper - Courtney & Minnie
    MisbelieveShipper - Minnie & Zoey



    Nynaeveshipper - Strategistshipper - TotalEclipseshipper

  14. #2804
    Resident Originshipper The Incarnation ポケモン's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    494

    Default

    @ Vy: If you mean that the Lagomorphshippers might take advantage of WaterNarc getting changed after all this time to start throwing hissy fits, that's possible. However, I was going by what LT said earlier:
    If that were true, Vy would be changing every single bad name she claims to have ever made
    That suggested to me that LT's problem would not have been the whining of Lagomorphshippers, but rather the possible influx of old ship name retcons by their original namers.

    Speaking of our Great and (relatively) Fearless Shipping List Master...

    ...What's the verdict on MikuMikuShipping?

    In the meantime, one more crossover ship based on Wallace's name:

    MikuriShipper - Wallace & Mikuri Tomokazu (Yumeria)

    There is another Mikuri I ran into while browsing Nico Nico Douga videos, but she's so obscure that I don't think I need to bother. (Yes, Mikuri can be a guy or a girl's name, kind of like English's Taylor or Jamie. I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace got the name for that reason. *cough*)

  15. #2805
    Lolz, Mikoto. Avegaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Academy City... yeah right.
    Posts
    214

    Default

    I'll use Transvestiteshipping then on something else... XD!

    Transvestiteshipper - Harley & Ashley

    Don't deny it... ;x *gets killed for this badly*


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •