• 1 Post By esm8m
  • 1 Post By Cyrxs

Thread: ColosseumShipping (Wes X Rui)

Registered User LinkSeasonMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow LinkSeasonMaster On Twitter
    Follow LinkSeasonMaster on Tumblr Visit LinkSeasonMaster's Youtube Channel

Default ColosseumShipping (Wes X Rui)

First time I'm creating a thread here, so I decided to make it about one of my personal favorite ships: ColosseumShipping (Wes X Rui). I've been enamored with Pokemon Colosseum for many years, from its characters and their designs to the music and the atmosphere. As for the shipping of its two leads, I instinctively saw them as having the potential to become an item right from the get-go, much like a few characters within the game itself. I beli

Fellow ColosseumShippers, how did you first become acquainted with this pairing? What stories do you have to share?

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

Default Re: ColosseumShipping (Wes X Rui)

I may not be as much of a ColosseumShipper as other people here, but I do like the idea of them together. I mostly got to like this shipping via fanarts.

As far as story goes, I remember when the final boss of the game (I won't say the name to avoid spoilers) kicked my butt very hard (lvl +60 Pokémons against my lvl ~45 weakened Pokémons... You know where this is going OTL). Then I imagined Wes lost all confidence after such a defeat and as the final boss is about to finish him off, Rui takes Wes's arm and they both run away in the elevator. She then gave him much confidence boost for Wes to train his Pokémons (and purify Metagross, which I used in the rematch).

This is somewhat of a headcanon, but I could imagine that happening. :)
    LinkSeasonMaster likes this.
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

I know double posting is bad, but I don't really want that thread to be too overlooked from all the X/Y shippings craze. As such, I'll upload one piece of fanart to keep it alive.

I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Herbizarre View Post
    I know double posting is bad, but I don't really want that thread to be too overlooked from all the X/Y shippings craze. As such, I'll upload one piece of fanart to keep it alive.

And it just so happens to be one of my favorite pieces of ColosseumShipping fanart. Good choice!

Such a long time since I played this game, still has it, but it got a bunch of scratches :( But still barely playable.
    When I played it the first time, I didn't think of those two as a pair, but after restarting the game over and over again, I kinda saw that the pairing could work. Wes rescuing Rui as her prince charming xD It seems to me in the game that Rui is kinda interested in Wes, but she is not saying it directly to him xD
    But I think they are very cute together! I wished that they both appeared in Pokemon XD:Gale Of Darkness...
    ...And that fanart is adorable :)
    3DS Friend Code: 3540-0119-2699 :)
    Friend Safari: Electric - Electrode, Electabuzz and Zebstrika

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

I adore this ship. x3 Like many others, I became acquainted with it by playing the game the ship takes its name from. Rui is very friendly towards Wes, and Wes...isn't much of a talker, but they never split up during the course of the game, so there's that I guess. xD I'll take what I can get. And there's the comments from various NPCs that playfully poke at the romance.

I like to think that Rui saved Wes in a way. How he became involved with Team Snagem is unknown (for myself, I've somewhat adopted Pichu Star's headcanon on the matter. The fanfic's been dead since 2006, but what's there is excellent), but I can't imagine it to be a very friendly environment. So she sort of helps melt his icy outer shell. As for Wes, he literally saved her from Folly and Trudly and that's how their paths crossed.

I won't get into how Pokémon Rebirth converted me to thinking they're the parents of the Cerulean Gym's gym leaders, but I guess there's that too for me. it doesn't make a lot of sense but I still like to entertain the idea.

We also have a group dedicated to the ship, if anyone is interested: Colosseumshipping - Bulbagarden Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Herbizarre View Post
    Made by : xxxsak-hi
    Source : DeviantArt
    xxxsak-hi does such great work! My favorite piece by her is her 8th anniversary one. (Which totes has some Colosseumshipping only Umbreon is, erm, censoring it. xD)

Here's a nice cosplay of the couple (warning, kinda big):

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    I like to think that Rui saved Wes in a way. How he became involved with Team Snagem is unknown (for myself, I've somewhat adopted Pichu Star's headcanon on the matter. The fanfic's been dead since 2006, but what's there is excellent), but I can't imagine it to be a very friendly environment. So she sort of helps melt his icy outer shell. As for Wes, he literally saved her from Folly and Trudly and that's how their paths crossed.
    I've seen several plausible theories over the years for how Wes came to join Team Snagem and why he eventually left. But my personal favorite to date comes from Pokemon Colosseum Battle by 0999Silv. Admittedly, neither are revealed until later in the story, but when they are finally revealed, the payoff is fantastic. And that's just one of many aspects that I absolutely adore about this particular fan fic. I highly recommend it to not only fans of ColosseumShipping, but fans of Pokemon in general. The main story has been complete for some time (I think since 2007), and while there is a sequel, as of this post, it's only two chapters in and hasn't been updated since 2010.

Blog Entries

Visit Oaky's Youtube Channel

I did not know this ship was a thing but it makes a ridiculous amount of sense to me. I probably did think it back when I played the game and just didn't remember so:P. The sequel wasn't the same without them and I wish they would have at least made a cameo. Anyway, I'm just posting to show support; I'm a fan :)

I like that Cosplay but I wouldn't guess it's them from that picture; I guess if I saw them front on it would make more sense. They look great, regardless.

Break the silence I'm feeling deep inside.

Currently LPing Pokemon SoulSilver - On a brief hiatus; returning in May
    3DS FC: 4656-7122-5221
    #palletshipper

I probably got into it as soon as I got to Phenac Colosseum and Rui called Wes her "knight in shining armor" or whatever it was she said exactly. It just makes sense to me. It's one of my favorite ships, too.

I don't have any particular stories to tell, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes this ship! It often feels underrepresented.

Blog Entries

It just occurred to me that I've never seen fan art that shows what Wes and Rui's kids would be look like. Seriously, I can't recall ever seeing a ColosseumShipping family picture! Does anyone know where to find one?

I kind of felt the whole shipping happen naturally too. Maybe I was just used to the cliche of love at first sight/ the epic journey to love each other, but I felt it. Wish there was another game in this series that follows their POV.