Altoshipping- now and forever

Thread: Altoshipping- now and forever

Dance hard techno Foxxy Loveshakes's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Altoshipping- now and forever

I decided to start this thread for many reasons. Forget those reasons, though, because they're all pretty much related to boredom and curiosity. The point is that I could find somewhere to post my thoughts about this incredibly adorable ship and possibly find people who share my passion!

I watched Pokemon Heroes, just like the rest of you. Same generic, formulaic plot (evil people, blah... ash is the only one that can save them!), plus, it was on some island no one's ever heard of. The part that got me interested, though, wasn't even related to any big clues one would expect in the shipping. I simply saw how well Ash and Latias got along, and thought it was the cutest thing ever. Latias is just plain adorable, really, the way she carried herself throughout the movie, and I'm a firm believer in the fact that
    . She's the most well developed legendary character in any movie I've seen, with her own personality and even free will!

All in all, I fell in love with the ship. The tender moments they shared on that island stayed in my head for quite some time after watching it, and I can still feel the "awww" moments making my heart beat faster.

Closing statement: I don't always support ships. but when I do, I prefer them to be tragic and one-sided. I still haven't found reasons to believe Ash might love her back, but that's pretty much because ash is completely unshippable. Latias is never mentioned in any movie ever since, and who knows what happened to that painting. I'd like to think Ash might go back to Alto Mare, maybe just for a visit. But that'll probably never happen. A girl can dream though. A girl can dream...
    Wherever there is evil, there may as well be absolute evil

Default Re: Altoshipping- now and forever

Hmm... I recall seeing one of these before. But it's locked now, so a new thread is probably a good idea.

I have to admit, a one-sided crush from Latias is kind of cute. She was adorable in movie 5.

"An Island nobody's ever heard of?" Dude, that's my favorite place in the whole Pokemon Nation, Alto Mare, Johto. It's got rich architecture. My favorite parts about the movie were when the gang was just walking around town and admiring the city - I know I was.

Also, I'm a believer that it was

not the other way around. However, I still do admire both Altoshipping and Mareshipping at different times, but I'm still a pretty strong Advanceshipper.

Does anyone got fanart? :P
    Two Halves Make a Whole
    Thank you ★ ★ Princess of Hoenn!

Awe, this is one of my favorite PokemonxAsh ships.
    Its so cute ^^
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker32703 View Post
    "An Island nobody's ever heard of?" Dude, that's my favorite place in the whole Pokemon Nation, Alto Mare, Johto. It's got rich architecture. My favorite parts about the movie were when the gang was just walking around town and admiring the city - I know I was.

Also, I'm a believer that it was

not the other way around. However, I still do admire both Altoshipping and Mareshipping at different times, but I'm still a pretty strong Advanceshipper.

Does anyone got fanart? :P
    I'd bet money that most people don't remember Alto Mare. That's the only reason I said "no one's ever heard of" it. Which is a shame, because it really was a beautiful town. My favorite part was the labarynth like alleys that ash chased Latias in. And really, the only reason I don't like your theory is because I simply didn't see Bianca's interest in ash. I admit, Bianca and ash would also be a great couple, but the way I saw it, she was just there. Being Bianca, painting things. Favorite line of the movie, for no good reason: "I don't know you." heheh, I laughed when I heard that. Who knows why.

I also would like to see everyone's fanart, that way I can start a collection. Probably not as big as my Gardevoir collection, but we'll see :3

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Loveshakes View Post
    I'd bet money that most people don't remember Alto Mare. That's the only reason I said "no one's ever heard of" it. Which is a shame, because it really was a beautiful town. My favorite part was the labarynth like alleys that ash chased Latias in. And really, the only reason I don't like your theory is because I simply didn't see Bianca's interest in ash. I admit, Bianca and ash would also be a great couple, but the way I saw it, she was just there. Being Bianca, painting things. Favorite line of the movie, for no good reason: "I don't know you." heheh, I laughed when I heard that. Who knows why.

I also would like to see everyone's fanart, that way I can start a collection. Probably not as big as my Gardevoir collection, but we'll see :3
    I'm going to say that this is wonderful discussion but it doesn't quite apply to Altoshipping, don't want us to get in trouble in before we've reached the 10th post. You can message me about it in a VM though. I'm not much for Alto or Mareshipping, I just think it's Bianca.

That said, I come bearing fanart. I've never posted links before, so someone let me know if I'm Doing It Wrong. :P

by KimYoshiko
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Altoshipping/d254fkj

by Endless_Summer181
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Altoshipping#/d14wypq
    Two Halves Make a Whole
    Thank you ★ ★ Princess of Hoenn!

Blog Entries

Right. back to business. Why do you guys like this ship? I thought it was wonderful how they found so much alone time... xD Makes me think that As wanted to be with her all alone. x3