Altoshipping, anyone?

Thread: Altoshipping, anyone?

Question Altoshipping, anyone?

I am a big fan of this one, so I thought I would ask if any of you guys like shipping Ash Ketchum and Latias(Movie 5).
    I still think that Ho-oh is just some random Shiny Fearow. If you think this too, Yay!

My Platinum team ROCKS! It has 1 loss, every 16 wins against full legendary lvl 100 teams! If you think you can beat me, PM Me!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Altoshipping, anyone?

I haven't seen the movie in awhile but I remember it being pretty clear that the chick kissed Ash. I don't like cross egg/group and species ships so sorry dude. You have 100 apologies of mine.

Blog Entries

Actually, they deliberately left it ambiguous whether it was Bianca (not BW Bianca) or Latias in Bianca's form who kissed Ash.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    Actually, they deliberately left it ambiguous whether it was Bianca (not BW Bianca) or Latias in Bianca's form who kissed Ash.
    Watched the end just now. It Bianca made the picture why would Latias Deliver it at same trip she kisses Ash it makes it weird to do both things at the same time. A Latias was seen right after the went. Wasn't as undeniable as I remember but it is something.

Blog Entries

I don't see what's weird about it. Besides, I remember seeing at least two Latios at about the same time (of course not including the one who gave his life), so there may have been multiple Latios and Latias in Alto Mare.

The point is that you can provide evidence to support or refute each side of the argument, and the writers aren't going to give us any answers.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    I don't see what's weird about it. Besides, I remember seeing at least two Latios at about the same time (of course not including the one who gave his life), so there may have been multiple Latios and Latias in Alto Mare.

The point is that you can provide evidence to support or refute each side of the argument, and the writers aren't going to give us any answers.
    I suppose but to go back to the original point I don't like inter-species ships so, I would never ship them. And I think it would be more clever for it to be Bianca.

Well, I ship these two. I personally do believe it was Latias who kissed Ash— Bianca barely had any interaction with him and showed no interest. Latias, on the other hand, clearly liked Ash a lot. The picture thing, admittedly, muddles the matter, but it's never said that Latias couldn't make art of her own. It's also possible that Bianca (for whatever reason) made the picture and Latias delivered it to Ash, I dunno.

Personally, though, I feel the only real argument against this pairing is "I don't like human/Pokémon ships." I'm fine with such ships (the Pokémon are obviously intelligent to a degree, and it's not like dating a dog or something), though, so I have no problem saying I'm an Altoshipper.
    All of the ships I've named can be found in one part at my Dreamwidth or in two parts at my LiveJournal, where I explain why I named them that way or why I happened to smush certain characters together.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PiApproximation View Post
    Well, I ship these two. I personally do believe it was Latias who kissed Ash— Bianca barely had any interaction with him and showed no interest. Latias, on the other hand, clearly liked Ash a lot. The picture thing, admittedly, muddles the matter, but it's never said that Latias couldn't make art of her own. It's also possible that Bianca (for whatever reason) made the picture and Latias delivered it to Ash, I dunno.

Personally, though, I feel the only real argument against this pairing is "I don't like human/Pokémon ships." I'm fine with such ships (the Pokémon are obviously intelligent to a degree, and it's not like dating a dog or something), though, so I have no problem saying I'm an Altoshipper.
    One I thought that was a twist and to be honest I remember think it was Latias but my older brother brought up that painting thing so I took his word as fact and I understand now it's mystery.

It wouldn't be like dating a dog it would be like dating a God-beast(which is debatably ok i think). So ask yourself is it okay to date a god-beast (I'm not being facetious that is actually what the question is and it could go either way)? Cause that's basically what Latias is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    It wouldn't be like dating a dog it would be like dating a God-beast(which is debatably ok i think). So ask yourself is it okay to date a god-beast (I'm not being facetious that is actually what the question is and it could go either way)? Cause that's basically what Latias is.
    Ah, maybe? Latias clearly likes Ash, so if he liked her back, it wouldn't be much of a problem in my book. The only potentially problematic aspect of it is if it ever became a physical relationship, but I don't ship human/Pokémon pairings that way (even then, she can shapeshift, but I really don't want to think about that). I think of it as more of an emotional/mental thing, you know?

The fact that she's a "God-beast" (which I suppose is an accurate way of looking at it) is only bad if you think about the power inequality, but, again, Latias seems to genuinely like him. There are also several legendary Pokémon (even several of the same kind in the anime, which DracoMan mentioned earlier), so it's not as drastic as it may sound. It's not like a human dating, well, God. It's fairly different, since, powers aside, Latias seemed to be, for lack of a better word, a "human" character in how she could be emotional and vulnerable.

I'm not sure if this post will make sense since it's fairly late at night and I'm getting rather tired. Eh, I probably wouldn't be able to make a more coherent post even after a full night's sleep, so there's my argument, I guess.
    All of the ships I've named can be found in one part at my Dreamwidth or in two parts at my LiveJournal, where I explain why I named them that way or why I happened to smush certain characters together.

Im not a fan of altoshipping but i don't hate it. I think its more of a one sided shipping or just a friendship shipping with a pokemon and a human nothing more. Japans trying to make us forget about the old characters. Especially the ones from the movies. This is my first time meeting an altoshippiper why do you love it so much?
    i just love this thank you Kazooie‎

I love it! Altoshipping has to be my favorite shipping from the pokemon series and the only one I actually see working out. After all, only one other girl showed Ash she liked him.
    Last edited by fanfics101; 12th April 2012 at 07:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

fanfics101, you are the author...you don't need someone else's permission to write what you want.

And unless your fanfiction is specifically AltoShipping, I'd prefer it if you didn't advertise it on this thread. This will be your only warning.

Thanks.

"seasons change, people change"

Ah, AltoShipping. Personally I like MareShipping more but I do find this cute. Sometimes I just decied to ship both with AltomareShipping, I mean Latias can turn invisable right? Bothe Bianca and Latias could of kissed Ash I know that they use a CGI effect to show that shes there but work with me on this would you? As for the question about the other Latios I believe that in the Japanese opening of Movie 5 there was a scene that said that many Latias and Latios visit the city from time to time. I'm not quiet sure if I'm right about that though.
    I do alot of things. The real qustion that you should be asking is if I'm actually good at those things
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FanFiction.net~deviantart~anipan~GPX+~tumblr~pixiv