Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 563

Page 563 of 564 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564 LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 8453
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    As Bulbasaur do not have have gender-specific markings in the game (nor were they explored and used until the 4th Generation), putting hearts, a common shape and design attributed to females in culture, on this particular Bulbasaur allows the writers to immediately identify its gender without going off on and to try and explain it's gender verbally.

Huzzah for gender identification tactics.
    True, but the games and the anime don't necessarily follow each other.
    Btw, is it true female Pikachus have heart-shaped tails?

Randomness at its finest! Flystriker14's Avatar

UGH I LOST THE PAGE AGAIN!!!!! *runs to emo corner with knife*
    During the months I've been gone , I've found out some stuff. 1. My favorite Gen V pokemon is Reshiram, 2. I've become the craziest person I know (click spoiler to see why.
    and 3. Leafeon pwnz, oh wait I know that already O_O

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SatoHaru View Post
    True, but the games and the anime don't necessarily follow each other.
    And the anime didn't, in this case. Female Bulbasaur do not have heart-shape markings in the 4th Generation.

Had female Bulbasaur had gender specifics in the 3rd generation, and were those markings anything but heart-shaped, you might have something resembling an argument. But as neither of those are true, you have a gender-identifier at best.

Btw, is it true female Pikachus have heart-shaped tails?
    Yes. Which helps support the stance that hearts are used to identify females in Pokemon.

What am i thinking... I CLAIM THIS PAGE!
    During the months I've been gone , I've found out some stuff. 1. My favorite Gen V pokemon is Reshiram, 2. I've become the craziest person I know (click spoiler to see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Had female Bulbasaur had gender specifics in the 3rd generation, and were those markings anything but heart-shaped, you might have something resembling an argument. But as neither of those are true, you have a gender-identifier at best..
    Female Venusaurs have some kind of seed on the top of that... Tree-thing they have. Did May's have this in her episodes where she returned during Sinnoh? I didn't pay that much attention to her Pokemon while she was there.

Even so I doubt the animators would be eagle-eyed enough to put that in. Either way, May's Bulbasaur always acted much more subservient and feminine than Ash's, so it's a safe bet that it's a female, coupled with the heart markings, too. Also, I think the anime generally tends to lean towards giving trainers the same gender of Pokemon as they are, though there are obviously some exceptions.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

May's Venusaur did have the seed-pod in her flower in the anime, marking her female. Since Venusaur don't have markings (that we know of, thank-you broad leaf) on their foreheads, the heart-patterns might have evolved off of her.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    May's Venusaur did have the seed-pod in her flower in the anime, marking her female. Since Venusaur don't have markings (that we know of, thank-you broad leaf) on their foreheads, the heart-patterns might have evolved off of her.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Luna. To be honest I'm surprised the animators thought to put that much detail in.

I agree with Princess of Hoenn for the most part with regards to the relationships between Ash, May and their Pokemon. Beautifly landing on Ash's head was definitely cute; it's almost as if the writers were trying to taunt us a little after that long break since the 9th movie.

In particular I think Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and Manaphy show signs of an almost "parental" relationship between Ash and May, which is definitely nice to see (Manaphy undoubtedly being the largest influence in this department). As for the other scenes you mentioned, Princess, I don't remember them clearly, and a couple of episodes in the BF I've never even seen, like that Pyramid one, so I can't comment on those. In what episode did Ash play with Skitty? I'd really like to see that; it sounds adorable.

But then again, anything with Skitty sounds adorable, that freaking pink bundle of sugar and fluff. I think Skitty was a great Pokemon for May to get ^^

alright im better now anyways. so anyone got a topic?

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmof View Post
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Luna. To be honest I'm surprised the animators thought to put that much detail in.
    They actually do make considerations toward the new gender differences, but in some cases, it's simply a matter of being unable to distinguish the difference in the first place, like Pachi's head stripe or Croagunk's bandages (but we know Croagunk now anyway).
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flystriker14 View Post
    UGH I LOST THE PAGE AGAIN!!!!! *runs to emo corner with knife*

You can't claim pages ^^" If it ends with 00 or 50 then sure, but this isn't a mile stone so...

Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Hoenn View Post
    ~How Ash played with Skitty (ok, i don't know about you, but that part was cute. Ash doesn't usually play with pokemon like that....does he?)
    Nope ^-^

Piccies!

Man I LOVE the 9th movie. Especially this scene ^^

Doesn't Pikachu shock people when this happens?

Ash playing with Skitty, then saying "What a cool Pokemon" after it starts to chase its tail
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

-No Custom User Title- Swampert23's Avatar

And what about Beautifly landing on Ash's head?? Could it be a paralelism with May's parents? You know, about the symbol of the NormanxCaroline's love is a Beautifly... ok ,I'm overanalizing now too, but it's been stated before how Ash and May have similarities or resemble with them, physically and what they could be doing later when they got married . xD
    Everybody needs something to keep on running:

While some have dreams
    While some have Love
    We just have unhealthy amounts of caffeine.

My DeviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert23 View Post
    And what about Beautifly landing on Ash's head?? Could it be a paralelism with May's parents? You know, about the symbol of the NormanxCaroline's love is a Beautifly... ok ,I'm overanalizing now too, but it's been stated before how Ash and May have similarities or resemble with them, physically and what they could be doing later when they got married . xD
    Yep. I mentioned something like this a few pages ago:

Ash= Norman. The very strong trainer, who gets a shot of becoming apart of the elite four. Is also super dense (C'mon, you have to see the resemblance >>)

May= Caroline. The beautiful, kind wife of Norman, who helps everyone out, but can take matters into her own hands.

Best thing of all? Caroline and Norman NEVER fight. Well, unless you count Caroline thinking that Norman was cheating on her, when he wasn't owo
    --

In episode 324, when Skitty lets itself out, it starts to chase Ash immediately :D

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post
    Best thing of all? Caroline and Norman NEVER fight. Well, unless you count Caroline thinking that Norman was cheating on her, when he wasn't owo
    I really loved that episode. I thought it was cute and had a lot of parallels between Ash/May and Norman/Caroline, just like you've mentioned. Ash and May have only had one major argument, which was in The Bicker The Better, and they immediately made up by the end of the episode after realising they were both being stupid.

Even though that episode is considered an Advanceshipping highlight, it seemed a little out of character for both of them, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I still loved the episode, but they both seemed so wired... Like they were on a caffeine buzz and ready to lash out or something. I think the fact that Ash and May almost never argue is one of their strongest reasons for being in a relationship, since their natures so closely parallel and compliment each other.

Aww, I'm a fluffy mood. I need more screencaps.

In episode 324, when Skitty lets itself out, it starts to chase Ash immediately :D
    Why you gotta taunt me when I have no access to AG episodes anymore, DD? ;.; I freaking loved the Hoenn seasons and stuff like this is exactly why. Well, aside from Ash and May being together of course ^^;

Blog Entries

Gazmof needs MAOR?

Time to empty all my 1046 screenshots then...Well, maybe some of them

Anyway, in this episode (I forgot, it's where Max wanted to see evolution) Ash said "Being around all these Pokemon, it awakens my wild instinct" Soon afterwards they get attacked and May says "Satoshi, use your wild instinct to make friends with them!" And hides behind him ^-^ It was cute~ I'll try and get screen shots.

Hehe. Wild side xD

Edit: Ok, they're found ^^

<333333333333333333333333333333333333
    Last edited by DarkDreams; 13th March 2010 at 08:37 PM.

Wow, thanks for the overload, DD ^^;

LOL! What episode is this from? Oh, please tell me what episode that's from... Though I'm sure that scene wasn't nearly as exciting as it looks ;.;

As for the one where Ash "protects" May; it's from the third or fourth episode, isn't it? Where they're attacked by a bunch of Taillows? I loved how May was so dependent on Ash during the start of the Hoenn season; it really brought up so many possibilities and cute scenes that it makes my head spin. I want the anime to bring May back so bad now ;.;

But still, we all know that May's the one who really brings out Ash's "wild instincts", right? ^_~