Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 99

Page 99 of 494 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Flame & Thunder Master adit8888's Avatar

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Quote Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
    Anyway nice to see a new member but with the new infomation for Pokemon Best Wishes (sounds weird) I think it warrants a new topic right?

How about this:
    Do you think that May will make a cameo during the new series along with Dawn?
    Yes, if there is contest in the new series. If there's no contest, I don't know.
    Please critique my sprites!
    My Gallery

PS. Don't ever try to piss me off... I'm extremely hot-headed....

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Do you think that May will make a cameo during the new series along with Dawn?

If there are RSEmakes, then yes. Unless the unimaginable happens the female character is completely redesigned and made into a completely different person like they did with Kris and Lyra.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post
    How is ADV's chance of becoming canon compared to the other ships in your opinion?

Tough question =P

Well, the student-mentor dynamic combined with the 'Knight in Shining armor' situations, plus how their Pokemon match up, AND how they both are really good friends who think that they both can do anything.

Well...From May's point of view, Ash is like her savior, her guidance, one of her best friends, and her support. Which is like a big harem in one. Anime love harems...And Pokemon seems to support all of the couples who are either one of those. So, yeah. From May's side, it's pretty good looking. (Not to mention, in the 10th movie, we had a very Drew like person who tried to get between a relationship similar to ADV...The ADV like relationship became canon =P)

Then, with Ash's side. I think to him, May is like the younger version of him, something he would like to protect and guide properly. Not to mention, he seems serious about her.

I can't explain it properly, but still, =P

Welcome, satoharupika1! Enjoy your stay here and may the AdvanceShipping spirit be with you =P
    Actually not to disagree with you but IMHO I think that May is not so much of a younger Ash, I mean everyone is a beginner trainer at one point in that way they were similar but, the one very important thing setting them apart I think was their confidence level, May herself has ver little confidence with an smart alec younger brother and her initial dislike of pokemon. This constitutes to the majority of the "knight in Armour" situations which compared to the other Ash/main girl pairings does not have as many Ash save girl pairings I guess.
    Loved the Banner, Made by Princess of Hoenn
    Make the Impossible, Possible
    Fanfiction Account:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/871772/

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually not to disagree with you but IMHO I think that May is not so much of a younger Ash, I mean everyone is a beginner trainer at one point in that way they were similar but, the one very important thing setting them apart I think was their confidence level, May herself has ver little confidence with an smart alec younger brother and her initial dislike of pokemon. This constitutes to the majority of the "knight in Armour" situations which compared to the other Ash/main girl pairings does not have as many Ash save girl pairings I guess.
    Yes, but May made similar mistakes in her travels. And her main rivals are also similar to Ash's. Ash's confidence have also went spiraling down at times, just like May's.

Ash's 'saves' are much...Dramatic compared to any of the other main girls. Which is why I considered them more knightly
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post
    Ash's 'saves' are much...Dramatic compared to any of the other main girls. Which is why I considered them more knightly
    You mean like rapelling down a cliff to save May and Torchic while they're all under attack? That definitely took guts. (Although I don't remember May saying "thank you" afterwards. Sometimes Ash reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield; he don't get no respect.)

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    You mean like rapelling down a cliff to save May and Torchic while they're all under attack? That definitely took guts. (Although I don't remember May saying "thank you" afterwards. Sometimes Ash reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield; he don't get no respect.)
    We need a director's cut of that episode where she thanks him more adequately.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmof View Post
    We need a director's cut of that episode where she thanks him more adequately.

I don't think Misty needed to be saved that often since she usually wasn't that sort of person. I can't really comment on Dawn because only the first season of DP has aired in my country.

As far as I have seen from DP, Dawn doesn't get saved by Ash at all they are less knight in shining armor amounts more of equals where Dawn does her far share of the saving the pokemon when the rockets do their thing. So in that way I think we can say the knight in hining armour point can be considered a hint as compared to the others...

As far as I have seen from DP, Dawn doesn't get saved by Ash at all they are less knight in shining armor amounts more of equals where Dawn does her far share of the saving the pokemon when the rockets do their thing. So in that way I think we can say the knight in hining armour point can be considered a hint as compared to the others...
    I can't comment much on the Pearlshipping side of things since I haven't watched DP very much, but I remember there was one point where Ash sort of saved Dawn when they were climbing that tower in the 10th movie. I thought it could be construed as a cute Pearlshipping hint, but I never heard any Pearlshippers make mention of it.

Dawn seems like the kind who could easily play the "damsel-in-distress" role, but from the sounds of it it seems like the writers never wanted to follow up on that. There are several memorable moments in the Hoenn season where Ash saved May, my favourite being Grass Hysteria if you don't count Movie 9, but did Ash rush to the rescue purely because it was May? We have no definitive evidence to prove that, unfortunately; all we can do is speculate and enjoy the scenarios that come about if we ask ourselves "what happened behind the scenes after that?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmof View Post
    There are several memorable moments in the Hoenn season where Ash saved May, my favourite being Grass Hysteria if you don't count Movie 9, but did Ash rush to the rescue purely because it was May? We have no definitive evidence to prove that, unfortunately; all we can do is speculate and enjoy the scenarios that come about if we ask ourselves "what happened behind the scenes after that?"
    Not only did he save May, he deliberately broke the law of the land to do so. That's definitely a sign, with Ash basically saying "&%#@ the rules!" in order to save her.

Leyalin Story Productions Kite Austin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Guys, can we change the subject? I don't want the big bad moderator to kick our door down....again

Blog Entries

Hmm? We aren't really bashing any other character or shipping. We are discussing the many times that Ash saves May. I don't see why a Mod would come kick our door down.

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

The subject is fine, I think. For now. Just make sure it doesn't venture into bashing territory.

I for some reason don't agree to the way alot of the over the top advanceshippers bash Drew... I mean Drew alone is really a great character who brought alot of developement to the show and brought competition for advanceshipping... Basically while I don't support contestshipping in any way I like Drew as a character...

And I find it funny how people argue about contestshipping and advanceshipping in a old thread hilarious.

But I guess its time for a new topic... I'm out of ideas

A force to reckon with! Advanceshipping FTW's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, i just had an idea for a topic:

If May and Ash switched roles (I.E., May does gym battles and Ash does contest) how do you think they would do in their new roles.