Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 57
Page 57 of 496 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Advanced Generation Lover The Hoenn Kid's Avatar

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Quote Originally Posted by MisterUrban View Post
    Do you guys think May will make a guest a ppearance in the next region, or will she be totally forgotten like misty?
    I think we wil see her IF R/S remakes come out next generation.

Banner made by the amazing Princess of Hoenn!

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, Misty appeared thrice in AG right? So, May *should* get more screen time in DP :3
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert23 View Post
    ^I hope she will, at least in a pallet town episode, or anything else really.

@BlueManaphy: !!!
    I always wanted to see the manga version of Movie 9! If I'm not wrong, they said there are more Adv hints in the manga than in the movie itself. I would like you to enlighten us with those hints xD
    I can answer that one, but it won't be the answer you want.

I just went through my copy of the Movie 9 manga, and there were no Adv hints that weren't in the movie. If anything, there were fewer. The manga didn't even have the Luvdisc scene, for crying out loud. *death-glares Makoto Mizobuchi*

@masterurban: one thing you must remember: misty's not forgotten, okay? If pokeshipper hear this they must be angry.. For your question, we hope that May will make a cameo in the new region, of course!

@pokefan: ooops.. Sorry for my mistake.. Yeah.. The darkrai film is 10th film, not 11th.. -_-"

@swampert: for the manga.. it really show us how deep ash and may's relationship.. If you read this manga then you will understand.. Here's the quote and scene I really like from the manga..

- when Ash put May in the capsule, he said : "May, get in here and wait for me. I'll go restore this crystal and come back to you. Don't worry, you can count on me(ash's face close up)" *melting*

-when ash tried to save the temple and lost his hope..
    Ash: "May... Pikachu... I can't... go on.."
    *and then he hears a voice*
    May: "you'll come back safe and sound. I believe in you"
    Pikachu: "pikachu"
    Ash: "They're right! I can't give up now!"
    *And he swimming with his last energy*

It's so romantic if you see it in manga version..

- when Phantom defeated by Ash, he fell in front of May .. May said that he was beaten .. but the phantom that has strong energy getting angry and raised concrete nearby and would throw it to May .. but when it comes ash also saves May with another water pokemon like Kyogre.

-one thing to remember, the most prominent figure in manga is ash and may .. lizabeth and jack walker is not too prominent. Max and Brock rarely show up. this comic also shown that ash really want to keep may's feeling. he won't may to cry, and often act as may's savior..

sorry if I too preferred -_-"

Edit: yeah.. They don't have luvdisc scene in the manga.. TT_TT *shot makoto mizubuchi*
    always support Advanceshipping. Forever!

Thank you princess of hoenn
    who has made a very beautiful banner for me

Quote Originally Posted by The Hoenn Kid View Post
    I think we wil see her IF R/S remakes come out next generation.
    It depends. They might do something like what they did with Lyra. Bring out a completely different girl to replace May.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

It depends. They might do something like what they did with Lyra. Bring out a completely different girl to replace May.
    Won't happen. Why? Because GS+C is a different case compared to RS, whose female PC was there from the beginning.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    Won't happen. Why? Because GS+C is a different case compared to RS, whose female PC was there from the beginning.
    The problem is that May is no longer a rookie. When they promote the remake the character who is represented is supposed to be a beginner because the game was released recently (most people are just on the first few gyms).

So the new games might be known as AquaSaphire, and the new girl will be "Aqua".

I think it's hard to believe for the remake of R/S/E. I think the reason why they remake G/S/C was because it still not very famous and not too modern with just blue and black colour in the screen, so they remake it to make it better.. And for R/S/E one, they have already a good one.. With colorful screen.. And we can put it in our DS.. There's just a bit difference between GBA version with DS version I think..

Yeah.. That's my (abstract) opinion

Edit: And I have finished Ruby and Emerald 5 times.. If there's a remake, I can't promise I wanted to play it, like I do in HGSS..
    And, misterurban, where do you know if the remakes named aquasapphire? -_-"

*kalo di bahasa indonesia, anda tuh disebut sotoy alias sok tahu*
    Last edited by bluemanaphy; 24th May 2010 at 09:41 AM.

Either way the only hint of May's existence might come from the new R/S/E girl who could mention a famous coordinator from Hoenn, and Ash saying "yea, i knew her". That's about it. But she definitely wont come back at Isshu.

Lyra appearance also didn't make him reminisce about his Johto days.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

The problem is that May is no longer a rookie. When they promote the remake the character who is represented is supposed to be a beginner because the game was released recently (most people are just on the first few gyms).

So the new games might be known as AquaSaphire, and the new girl will be "Aqua".
    ...Anime and games don't make for one or another. The games won't make a new female (or male) character just so the anime can utilize that character. Not to mention, the anime hasn't replaced anyone for a remade character yet, so...wth?

If the anime wants to promote rookie-dom (they didn't with Lyra, they did with Khoury), it's called, "Wally." Seeing as he doesn't currently exist yet.

This has nothing to do with Shipping either. Propaganda like this goes to the games and/or anime section, please.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Either way the only hint of May's existence might come from the new R/S/E girl who could mention a famous coordinator from Hoenn, and Ash saying "yea, i knew her". That's about it. But she definitely wont come back at Isshu.

Lyra appearance also didn't make him reminisce about his Johto days.
    Ok.. Whatever you say.. But.. We are in here hope that she will appear again in the new region.. At least make a small cameo..

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    This has nothing to do with Shipping either. Propaganda like this goes to the games and/or anime section, please.
    New game characters are clearly intertwined with shipping. Just look at the Lyra (she only had 2 badges, and Khoury wasn't even a trainer) example again, all she did was try shipping with other people and herself.

So I expect the next guest girl to be similar to her because main characters cannot provide fan service.

Anyway, when May made her last appearance in DP she was just very friendly to Dawn and they really tried to make her appear more famous. So by next generation, she might already be a top coordinator with her own coordinator school.

Okay.. In my imagination..
    In the next region May will became a great coordinator, and she make a cameo in Isshu and she meet Ash and friends, and Ash realized that he love her, and they become a couple.. ^_^"

Okay.. Enough for this topic.. New topic please?!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemanaphy View Post
    Okay.. In my imagination..
    In the next region May will became a great coordinator, and she make a cameo in Isshu and she meet Ash and friends, and Ash realized that he love her, and they become a couple.. ^_^"

Okay.. Enough for this topic.. New topic please?!
    In imagination, Harley is actually straight and had a long secret relationship with May.

Anyway, May still needs to travel around Sinnoh, she just stayed there a while for the Wallance cup.

And in my imagination May will travel with Ash again in the next region...

Thanks for the info dracoman and manaphy, I did know the luvdisc scene were not in the manga, but I thought that there were more interaction between Ash and May...

Thing is, that Misty didn't make an appearence in DP, but they brought up the lure in an ep, so they could make the same with the ribbon (or another thing May will give to Ash at the end of DP if it goes the same way as the end of BF with Misty just sending him a gift and not appearing at all ) at some point in the next gen. At worst.
    Last edited by Swampert23; 24th May 2010 at 12:30 PM.
    Everybody needs something to keep on running:

While some have dreams
    While some have Love
    We just have unhealthy amounts of caffeine.

My DeviantArt