Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 492

Page 492 of 494 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494 LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar

Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

How about another topic?

What tropes best fit Advanceshipping, and why?

For those of you who don't know what tropes are, this is the explanation that they have on the TV Trope site:

"Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés. The word clichéd means "stereotyped and trite." In other words, dull and uninteresting. We are not looking for dull and uninteresting entries. We are here to recognize tropes and play with them, not to make fun of them. The wiki is called "TV Tropes" because TV is where we started. Over the course of a few years, our scope has crept out to include other media. Tropes transcend television. They reflect life. Since a lot of art, especially the popular arts, do their best to reflect life, tropes are likely to show up everywhere."

So, for example, a common trope would be "The Power of Friendship." And, from that trope, you can see SO many examples from all kinds of media you come in contact with. Such as Harry Potter (power of friendship beats the Dark Lord), Pokémon itself (power of friendship can revive people, i.e. Ash in the first movie, and etc. etc), and every show you ever watched where the main character snaps out of a trance because their friends willed them to "remember who you are!" So, that's basically the gist. There are so many tropes, and they can get quite addicting to read haha. But anyway, I digress.

Here is the Pokémon's T.V. trope page: Anime/Pokémon - Television Tropes & Idioms

So, what trope fits Advanceshipping? I unfortunately cannot think of any off the top of my head, but it doesn't hurt to point out that May, Ash, and Drew could potentially fit in the "Love Triangle" trope. For obvious reasons. Our classic "Ribbon vs. Roses" argument.

(Anyway. I posed this topic in hopes that @DracoMan would have some good ideas, because if I remember correctly, he's a troper ^^)

Also, seeing as the last Advanceshipping "wedding" was quite well-received, I have devised another one!

The theme this time around is simply Princess and Her Knight In Shining Armor. AKA the royal palace wedding. It would take place in Cameran Palace, the place near the Tree of Beginning that Movie 8 took place in. The theme would be pink, gold, and white to represent the colors of the Terracotta ribbon, which is just that. As you can see, May's wedding dress is white, adored by pink flowers and gold jewelry. Ash, being his silly self, would want to wear a hat to his wedding (albeit pink, because Dawn would have had his head on a platter otherwise), and he would be wearing a slate gray tuxedo complete with a pink bowtie.

(He would also be carrying his half of the Terracotta ribbon in his pocket, for old times sake.)

The wedding would take place in one of the sparkling grand ballrooms in the castle (left bottom box) and there would be banquet halls filled with beautiful fancy food provided by Queen Ilene (middle bottom box). It is assumed that Mew, disguised as some sort of bird pokemon, would bless the marriage before retreating back to his home in the Tree of Beginning (middle middle box).

Hooray for weddings. Makes me want my own XD
    Gryphon Turboclaw likes this.
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Hoenn View Post
    How about another topic?

For those of you who don't know what tropes are, this is the explanation that they have on the TV Trope site:

"Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés. The word clichéd means "stereotyped and trite." In other words, dull and uninteresting. We are not looking for dull and uninteresting entries. We are here to recognize tropes and play with them, not to make fun of them. The wiki is called "TV Tropes" because TV is where we started. Over the course of a few years, our scope has crept out to include other media. Tropes transcend television. They reflect life. Since a lot of art, especially the popular arts, do their best to reflect life, tropes are likely to show up everywhere."

So, for example, a common trope would be "The Power of Friendship." And, from that trope, you can see SO many examples from all kinds of media you come in contact with. Such as Harry Potter (power of friendship beats the Dark Lord), Pokémon itself (power of friendship can revive people, i.e. Ash in the first movie, and etc. etc), and every show you ever watched where the main character snaps out of a trance because their friends willed them to "remember who you are!" So, that's basically the gist. There are so many tropes, and they can get quite addicting to read haha. But anyway, I digress.

Here is the Pokémon's T.V. trope page: Anime/Pokémon - Television Tropes & Idioms

So, what trope fits Advanceshipping? I unfortunately cannot think of any off the top of my head, but it doesn't hurt to point out that May, Ash, and Drew could potentially fit in the "Love Triangle" trope. For obvious reasons. Our classic "Ribbon vs. Roses" argument.

(Anyway. I posed this topic in hopes that @DracoMan would have some good ideas, because if I remember correctly, he's a troper ^^)
    Did I mention that here? Well, anyway, since you asked...

Battle Couple, for starters, considering how often the two fight side-by-side.

Lady And Knight, which is how so many of us see them.

Bodyguard Crush, since I believe Norman and Caroline expected Ash to watch over May.

Student And Master Team--more prominent earlier on, though they're on more equal footing now. Still can be considered a form of Mentor Ship.

Shipper On Deck--Max is a subtle example, considering how much he loves seeing Ash and May together.

Clueless Chick Magnet--Ash, full stop. Unfortunately. Perpetual Chaste Hero and forever Oblivious To Love.

If I come up with any more, I'll post them.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

yep, everyone that has been mention, and there are more in the hints.... to be more specific the Cheklovs hints
    Cheklov's Gun: that would be the Terracota ribbon considering what happen in the Wallace cup
    Cheklovs's Boomerang: the Teddiursa statue, it was given from May and it appear in the first episode in BW, it would of only be a Cheklov's Gun but it appear AGAIN in the LAST episode of DW, giving a feeling of Book Ends as well.
    Cheklov's Gunman: Considering the fact that he could return at any moment and he has been use so much in fanfiction, I would have to say Manaphy

btw, One week before I posted? really?

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aloasa View Post
    yep, everyone that has been mention, and there are more in the hints.... to be more specific the Cheklovs hints
    Cheklov's Gun: that would be the Terracota ribbon considering what happen in the Wallace cup
    Cheklovs's Boomerang: the Teddiursa statue, it was given from May and it appear in the first episode in BW, it would of only be a Cheklov's Gun but it appear AGAIN in the LAST episode of DW, giving a feeling of Book Ends as well.
    Cheklov's Gunman: Considering the fact that he could return at any moment and he has been use so much in fanfiction, I would have to say Manaphy

btw, One week before I posted? really?
    Firstly, it's "Chekhov's," not "Cheklov's." Secondly, for it to qualify as a Chekhov's Trope of any kind, it first has to seem inconsequential when it first appears, and then play an important role later on. The ribbon's been mentioned after it was won by Ash and May, but hasn't actually done anything, and the doll has done nothing but sit on a nightstand. As for Manaphy, unless he officially returns, he's not a Chekhov's anything. (I don't think fanfic counts.) Not to mention the fact that he was far too prominent in his debut to be considered for a Chekhov's Trope.

On the other hand, should Ash and May get together, and keeping in mind that Manaphy considers May his mama, the little guy might consider himself Happily Adopted.

Speaking of Movie 9...

Making a Splash: Well, that's pretty much everyone, not just Ash and May.
    Heroic Second Wind: Ash got this courtesy of May and Manaphy, leading to what looked like a Heroic Sacrifice. Of course, he got better.
    Last edited by DracoMan; 28th October 2013 at 05:54 AM.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Phew, Been a while since I've been on here... Mostly on Serebii and the ADVancers sites...

Well, thanks for the welcome, though I'm sure I've seen a few of you either on Serebii or ADVancers.

As far as Tropes goes, I have no idea. I don't pay attention to T.V enough to notice or even care about these, though it is interesting to read about, for sure. Those Wallace Cup pics though... Never noticed that. I smiled when I saw those. It makes them look like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that fit perfectly together.
    Shippings I like: Advanceshipping, Pearlshipping and AshXSerena.
    Shippings I don't exactly care for: Contestshipping and Pokéshipping.
    Everything else is fair game.

Y'know... My Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne...

AS movie is so great that even Misty gets fumed.

What pairings should they cross-dress as in Halloween?

Right on Halloween (or not since there's no Halloween celebrations here): Plusle and Minun is one good pair, but it's more like brother-sister or fraternal twins type (to me). Well, they can cross-dress each other; or cross-dress their AG rivals and get the bicker going.

I don't have any idea for tropes though.

blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar

Happy Halloween Advanceshippers!

Sorry for the crappy edit, I didn't have much time ^^ Anyway, yup, they're dressed like Plusle and Minun, just like xLolPanda suggested!

And a fanart that's not mine....

By: R-S Raven

Have a great day everyone! :)
    Anikasnow6 likes this.
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Hoenn View Post

And a fanart that's not mine....

By: R-S Raven

Have a great day everyone! :)
    Meanwhile, let's have 'fun'?

Oh dear...

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

oh dear is right, my friend, oh dear is right, tbh I can imaging that, would be sweet....but creepy at the same time, I love it

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

Hello guys ^^ i'm new here, i'm a Advanceshipper
    i'm Brazilian, so if my english is not to good, you know why :P

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

I can't remember the last time I was here. Holy crap. Uh, hey guys. Long time no see.

I'm no longer really even close to the homestuck fandom, so I guess I'll probably do some stuff in this fandom.

Either way, hey guys, hopefully you won't burn me at the stake for being gone for the better part of what, two or three years?
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

Quote Originally Posted by xLolPanda View Post
    AS movie is so great that even Misty gets fumed.

What pairings should they cross-dress as in Halloween?

Right on Halloween (or not since there's no Halloween celebrations here): Plusle and Minun is one good pair, but it's more like brother-sister or fraternal twins type (to me). Well, they can cross-dress each other; or cross-dress their AG rivals and get the bicker going.

I don't have any idea for tropes though.

My, I've been out for a while. Anyway....

What pairings should they cross-dress as for Halloween?

Pokémon is essentially a 90s show, since it started in 1997. I was thinking along the lines of Ash and May dressing as Tommy Oliver and Kimberly Hart from 'Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers'.

No idea about any tropes other than Ship Tease and (maybe) Happily Married (since they basically acted like that in a number of episodes).

And a question of my own:

What do you think Ash and May will do for the holidays?

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shoot! I completely forgot about Advanceshipping day!

Happy late Advanceshipping day! May and Ash are just a day closer to each other (I hope)!

Wish I could've came in time for Nov 21. Oh well. anyone have any late gifts?
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

Oh, right, AdvanceShipping day... *face-palm*
    What do you think Ash and May will do for the holidays?
    Hard to say. I guess that if they met again, they'd probably travel all over and see lots of old friends, knowing how they both show interest in traveling. May would probably go on a shopping spree, and Ash would probably go off shopping for food and candy while they were at it. And then they could have a feast with lots and lots of new stuff......and presents... :/
    What pairings should they cross-dress as for Halloween?
    It's a little late for Halloween, and I can't really think of much.
    Um...does it have to be a pairing? o.O
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

Don't mind me, new member stepping through. Thought I'd give this thread the ol' CPR!

BREATH!

Ahem, yes. I'm Xannytoes. Philanthropist and Advanceshipper. More the latter than the former. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year!

How's about a topic?

If May were to appear in the X and Y series, what would she be doing in Kalos?