Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 478

Page 478 of 494 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

I'd say Max would definitely make fun of Ash and May all the time. However, I do think he would occasionally feel left out or forgotten or something.

Also, what probability do you all think exists that May will return for a bigger role?

blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    Here's something I haven't done in a long time for this thread:

@Princess of Hoenn: Just think of this as a birthday gift, so happy birthday. (Anyone remember the last party three years ago?) I included four that I posted months ago because I'm not sure you saw them.
    Oh, DracoMan, you remembered<3 How sweet of you. The cards are beautiful, as always. I've missed them, thank you (:

and ah yes, that party. Back in our glory days....

Well, I'm not a princess for nothing! Let's all share this ADV cake I've sloppily whipped up....

Enjoy haha ;)

And @Shadowyoshi, unfortunately, I think chances are very slim. Though of course we all wish May would return.....well, we can only keep hoping, right?
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

We should petition.

No really.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Yoshi View Post
    We should petition.

No really.
    No, you shouldn't.

To put it nicely, fan petitions to bring old characters back don't mean anything to the anime staff (especially since the anime is produced in Japan), so please don't discuss this here. You can talk about the anime if May came back all you want, but please don't talk about starting petitions to do this, at least not in this thread. Please just stick to the topic (Advanceshipping) and relate your "if May came back" posts to that. Please and thank you~
    Last edited by Araragi-hakase; 10th March 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Araragi Hakase: It was more of a lighthearted joke if anything.

Well, anyway, I'm sure the anime staff has thought about the X and Y TV series at least a little bit so far, but I doubt we'll see any of May in there. It would be cool if they did some type of All-Stars thing, where they brought back Misty, May, Max, Tracey, and Brock for a few adventures but I also think that's unlikely as well.

Advanceshipping will live on, I'm positive, and I have a feeling that sometime May's going to come back. She had a somewhat meaningful part in the DP series (if that wasn't even a small hint at some ADV then I don't know what is), so this at least proves that the production staff didn't forget about her. The same could be argued for Misty, however, but I don't think they shared the same bond.

Wishful thinking, maybe?

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

Well, May will live on as a memory.
    'Cuz memories never die.

Anyway, new topic? Mine's really lame, but...
    Does everyone know what St. Patrick's Day is? Well...
    Do you think Ash and May will do anything for St. Patrick's Day?
    First, since Ash has absolutely no sense of fashion, he would, as always, forget to wear green, and May would pinch him. Then Ash and May would go to an Irish restaurant and eat so much that the restaurant runs out of food. I can see that happening.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

Blog Entries

They'd bring in Bulbasaur, Venusaur, and Sceptile, 'cause Grass Pokemon would go so well with the shamrock motif. Totodile would make a guest appearance to dance a jig.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

No, I don't think it exists in their universe.

Just kidding. They wouldn't do much, though. Wear green, I guess?

Well, if we're going to be romantic....they would go to a field of clovers and have a picnic under sunshine and rainbows, feasting on gold coins and potatoes.

[/aka the one time Princess used all the Irish stereotypes she knew]

In all seriousness though, it would be adorable if Ash gave May a claddagh ring, which is an old traditional Irish ring that means the following depending on how you wear it:

If the ring is on the right hand with the heart facing outward and away from the body, this indicates that the person wearing the ring is not in any serious relationship, and may in fact be single and looking for a relationship: "their heart is open."

When worn on the right hand but with the heart facing inward toward the body, this indicates the person wearing the ring is in a relationship, or that "someone has captured their heart".

A Claddagh worn on the left hand ring finger facing outward away from the body generally indicates that the wearer is engaged.

When the ring is on the left hand ring finger and facing inward toward the body, it generally means that the person wearing the ring is married.

Interesting, isn't it?

St. Patrick's Day ADV banner dump!

[take me to a field of clover,
    and together we'll remember the days gone by.]
    Last edited by Princess of Hoenn; 16th March 2013 at 11:58 AM.
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

I never really understood what St. Patrick's Day is (I'm non-European), but I can picture a scene where they dance to Irish folk music, dressed in green, showered by four-leaf clovers. (I 'ope these kind o' th'ngs aren't annoying Irish stereotypes).

What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?

Let me add some good ones from my previous post:

I don't know about Professor Oak, but he will probably go, 'Ah... I remember the time when I was young when Agatha and I...' Then the rest of the people in the room will be sleeping, thanks to a human Jigglypuff.

Gary will remark that Ash took quite a long time to get a girl for his own (since he himself got a gang of them in a car before his journey even started).

Tracey will probably be happy, and being 'sketching' their wedding plan.

Dawn will probably be jealous that her friendly rival got a boyfriend earlier than her. Probably she will be teasing the both of them for some time.

For Cilan, 'It's LOVING time!' and then continues to encourage Ash.

Iris will be teasing Ash from time to time. "I thought you are just like a kid. Never I thought you will love a girl like May!" Pure gold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xLolPanda View Post

I never really understood what St. Patrick's Day is (I'm non-European), but I can picture a scene where they dance to Irish folk music, dressed in green, showered by four-leaf clovers. (I 'ope these kind o' th'ngs aren't annoying Irish stereotypes).
    St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland, for bringing Christianity to the Emerald Isle. (Hence the Irish stuff and the green motif.) And BTW, the clovers are three-leaf (also known as shamrocks), and are associated with him for how he used them to teach the Irish about the Holy Trinity. To learn more, look him up on Wikipedia. I'm part Irish, so I gotta know this stuff.

Now I'm imagining Ash and May spending the day talking with fake Irish accents. Kinda like Chris Pine and Zach Quinto did in a Star Trek outtake.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I honestly have no clue since I'm unfamiliar with this day.

What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?

We've talked about Drew being suppoertive of Advanceshipping os let's go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xLolPanda View Post

St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland, for bringing Christianity to the Emerald Isle. (Hence the Irish stuff and the green motif.) And BTW, the clovers are three-leaf (also known as shamrocks), and are associated with him for how he used them to teach the Irish about the Holy Trinity. To learn more, look him up on Wikipedia. I'm part Irish, so I gotta know this stuff.

Now I'm imagining Ash and May spending the day talking with fake Irish accents. Kinda like Chris Pine and Zach Quinto did in a Star Trek outtake.
    Thanks for the short explanation! I heard it some time long ago, did a quick research in Wikipedia before writing my previous reply, but I still had no idea what it is.

Would pay to hear Ash and May talking in Irish accent though. It'll be funny as hell.

In any case, Happy St. Patricks Day everyone! (:

So, here's an interesting thing I found: I'm currently writing a new fanfic (hush hush) and for it I looked up name symbolisms for May and Ash. Now, predictably, May's name means "the fifth month of the year," so I dug deeper and found that apparently, the tree that "symbolizes" the month of May is the Ash tree.

Huh.

Then, I looked up Ash's name, and apparently, it doesn't refer to the ashes like that from a fire, but rather, the name is supposed to embody the Ash tree itself.

Even more interestingly, the seeds of the Ash tree have been long used in love divination in some cultures: if the seeds did not appear on a tree the owner was said to have been unlucky in love, or a future venture would not be successful. Finding a leaf by chance meant that success was doubly assured if the Ash leaf was kept or worn by the person. And, in Northern England, it was said that if a woman placed an Ash leaf in the left shoe, she would meet her future spouse immediately.

Just a little trivia that further convinces me that Advanceshipping is meant to be (:
    DracoMan likes this.

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

wow, simbolosism FTW and princess, sorry for my language but WHERE IN THIS FUCKING WORLD DO YOU FIND INDPIRATION FOR ALL THIS

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.