Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 477
Page 477 of 495 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 7424

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

  1. #7141
    blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Sootopolis City
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    What if you could combine the two? Have fanfic accompanied by ilustrations?
    Challenge accepted (: Sounds like fun - just might take me some time LOL.

    And welcome back @ash ketchum. It's been a while, old friend, and I'm glad to hear your Advanceshipping spirit is still intact (:


    Stay hopeful everyone!
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖



    My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

  2. #7142
    The sound of drums
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tijuana, Mexico
    Posts
    271
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    I say the terracota ribbon because first of all that's the only ribbon Ash has, second of all he won it alongside May and third they are sharing it and even brought it back in sinnoh.... so yeah that's my opinion

    Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

  3. #7143
    Soon to be Pokemon Master Ash Ketchum.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On top of Mt. Silver
    Posts
    185

    Cool Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Hoenn View Post
    And welcome back @ash ketchum. It's been a while, old friend, and I'm glad to hear your Advanceshipping spirit is still intact (:


    Stay hopeful everyone!
    Ah Princess! It has been quite some time indeed, I'm glad to see that you seem to be doing well and that you still keep the spirit of Advance alive. :)

    What do you see as the symbol of AdvanceShipping? (e.g. The Terracotta Ribbon, VineShipping, their pokemon, food)

    Well in order from least to most fitting...

    3)The wooden Teddiursa doll: "In Ash's room, along with other objects, is the wooden Teddiursa doll that Ash recieved from May as a present in the Sinnoh region. It can be noted that, aside from trophies and various other awards, the doll is the only gift from one of his traveling companions that is visible (meaning that other gifts, such as Misty's special lure, are not visible). This could possibly suggest that May's gift was important to him, seeing as it was the only gift that he put next to his trophies and awards." -Taken from the Bulbapedia page for Advanceshipping.

    2) The Terracotta ribbon: Ash had still kept it with him throughout Sinnoh when May had came to visit him and May stated how it saved her multiple times by reminding her of Ash's determination and encouragement.

    1) Manaphy: Manaphy called May "Mama," and felt happy and content in Ash's arms after formerly showing to only accept May's company- he didn't even accept Max, his "Uncle." When crying and frightened when Ranger Jack Walker tried to leave with Manaphy, Manaphy used heartswap on Ash and Jackie and instantly became happy again when Ash's "heart" was in Jackie's body. We have a mom in May, a child in Manaphy, and it seems Manaphy will only accept Ash as a daddy.

  4. #7144
    blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Sootopolis City
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum. View Post
    Ah Princess! It has been quite some time indeed, I'm glad to see that you seem to be doing well and that you still keep the spirit of Advance alive. :)
    I'll never stop trying :)

    What do you see as the symbol of AdvanceShipping? (e.g. The Terracotta Ribbon, VineShipping, their pokemon, food)

    In lieu of not providing an answer that is both cliche and overused, I would have to say: the ocean. Of course, this has Movie 9 ties (how could it not?) but I think the ocean also has the followed connotations that fit in Ash and May's relationship:

    1. An ocean symbolizes power and strength, dominating all other aspects; similar to how we percieve Ash and May's relationship, or even friendship, as powerful and all-encompassing. Not to mention that they are both very strong Pokemon trainers (well, coordinator for May's sake.)

    2. The ocean also symbolizes hope, truth, and life; Ash and May follow these principles so closely, what with their relationship based mostly off of sheer trust and hope, as well as optimism and compassion. They are both lively and ready to take on the world, with clear dreams and for the most part, they have each other to thank for those dreams.

    3. The ocean can also symbolize sadness, magic, childhood memories, freedom, and endless marvels. This is the perfect way to describe Ash and May's adventures together. They were filled with wonder and excitement, and one day, they'll both look back at these childhood memories and remember (with melancholy) that then was a time they were truly free and truly happy.

    4. In dreams, the ocean is a representation of emotions, suggesting spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal. As we saw, May brought a sense of inner peace and maturity in Ash, while Ash gave her a "spiritual enlightment" by helping her discover what her true dreams were (becoming a Pokemon coordinator). If we call the ocean a "sea" instead, it symbolizes a person's understanding and perception of a situation, because it's a pun on "I see"; suggesting that there is something the person needs to "see" more clearly (in this case, May's true feelings about Ash, as in Movie 9 she did dream about the sea). Alternatively, the dream also indicates a need to reassure yourself or to offer reassurance to someone - and this goes without saying; Ash reassures May all the time, and is her safe harbor.

    So yeah. Bottom line, the ocean is an intruiging symbol for Advanceshipping. Obviously I'm overanalyzing, but I can't help it: it's so fun ;D



    [the ocean is lovely, dark and deep,
    but we have miles to go before we sleep.]


    A Robert Frost shout out here. But he was talking about his love for the forest and his desire to return, but unable to because of his prorities. Sound like Advanceshipping? I think so.
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖



    My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

  5. #7145
    In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    That was really nice, Princess!! ^^ Good thinking there. And great banner! Isn't Robert Frost a poet? I love poems.
    What do you see as the symbol of AdvanceShipping? (e.g. The Terracotta Ribbon, VineShipping, their pokemon, food)
    I guess...I guess...Manaphy was cool, but...
    I guess the Teddiursa figurine. That thing was just special to me.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

  6. #7146
    NCIS Special Agent DracoMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Office of Special Projects
    Posts
    2,980
    Blog Entries
    354

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Hoenn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum. View Post
    Ah Princess! It has been quite some time indeed, I'm glad to see that you seem to be doing well and that you still keep the spirit of Advance alive. :)
    I'll never stop trying :)

    What do you see as the symbol of AdvanceShipping? (e.g. The Terracotta Ribbon, VineShipping, their pokemon, food)

    In lieu of not providing an answer that is both cliche and overused, I would have to say: the ocean. Of course, this has Movie 9 ties (how could it not?) but I think the ocean also has the followed connotations that fit in Ash and May's relationship:

    1. An ocean symbolizes power and strength, dominating all other aspects; similar to how we percieve Ash and May's relationship, or even friendship, as powerful and all-encompassing. Not to mention that they are both very strong Pokemon trainers (well, coordinator for May's sake.)

    2. The ocean also symbolizes hope, truth, and life; Ash and May follow these principles so closely, what with their relationship based mostly off of sheer trust and hope, as well as optimism and compassion. They are both lively and ready to take on the world, with clear dreams and for the most part, they have each other to thank for those dreams.

    3. The ocean can also symbolize sadness, magic, childhood memories, freedom, and endless marvels. This is the perfect way to describe Ash and May's adventures together. They were filled with wonder and excitement, and one day, they'll both look back at these childhood memories and remember (with melancholy) that then was a time they were truly free and truly happy.

    4. In dreams, the ocean is a representation of emotions, suggesting spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal. As we saw, May brought a sense of inner peace and maturity in Ash, while Ash gave her a "spiritual enlightment" by helping her discover what her true dreams were (becoming a Pokemon coordinator). If we call the ocean a "sea" instead, it symbolizes a person's understanding and perception of a situation, because it's a pun on "I see"; suggesting that there is something the person needs to "see" more clearly (in this case, May's true feelings about Ash, as in Movie 9 she did dream about the sea). Alternatively, the dream also indicates a need to reassure yourself or to offer reassurance to someone - and this goes without saying; Ash reassures May all the time, and is her safe harbor.

    So yeah. Bottom line, the ocean is an intruiging symbol for Advanceshipping. Obviously I'm overanalyzing, but I can't help it: it's so fun ;D



    [the ocean is lovely, dark and deep,
    but we have miles to go before we sleep.]


    A Robert Frost shout out here. But he was talking about his love for the forest and his desire to return, but unable to because of his prorities. Sound like Advanceshipping? I think so.
    Interesting summation, Princess. And I thought I was the resident outside-the-box thinker. And remind me to catch up on my Robert Frost.

    Since there's no way I'll beat that answer, it's time for a new topic:

    What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?

    Actually, I just came up with a second topic:

    If Ash were to sing a love song to May, what song should it be?

    I came up with the second topic while listening to "Never Gonna Give You Up" on Playlist.com, and I thought of how funny it would be if Ash actually did that for May. Not only would it convey his feelings, it would also let him rickroll her. (And us, by extension.)
    Last edited by DracoMan; 5th March 2013 at 06:26 AM.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

    You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

  7. #7147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Just beside you
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    Spent some time reading Princess's wall of text and now thinking that I would never become a writer or some sort.

    Yea, I will like to see fanart and fanfiction mixed! Maybe next someone should make a series of self-made AS videos with music. That's shipping to the max!

    What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?

    If Norman is kind enough to get Max out of the picture, that'll be good. Delia should encourage Ash to hang out with May some time. Or she can hold a party of some sort that is dedicated to Ash-May, like the first day they met, etc.

    Brock can give Ash some advice. And then Max and Brock can plan secretly to set up a date for them with fireworks and beautiful scenery. Not going to go to the other girls, though. They might get jealous and mad. Then May has to fight for Ash

    If Ash were to sing a love song to May, what song should it be?

    Should be the other way 'round, since I don't think Ash is going to sing a 'love' song. If he did so, he wouldn't be aware of it. Maybe some pop song, like "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keyes? Or a rock song like "Give Me Your Name" by "Dead By Sunrise", for some kick. Perhaps a jazz song like 'Can't take My Eyes Off You' is rather romantic and flirty for Ash (or May).

  8. #7148
    Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I'm needed
    Posts
    4,578
    Blog Entries
    169

    Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    @Ash Ketchum.; Welcome back friend! Always great to see veterans.

    What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?

    Brock would tell Ash to the exact opposite of what Brock does to try and get girls.

  9. #7149
    In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?
    Brock would start pestering May and Ash about liking each other and give Ash love advice.
    The rest would give subtle hints and tease Ash/May about a possible love interest.

    If Ash were to sing a love song to May, what song should it be?
    I hate songs that relate to love, so I don't listen to them. So I dunno.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

  10. #7150
    The sound of drums
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tijuana, Mexico
    Posts
    271
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    If Ash were to sing a love song to May, what song should it be?
    I'll be by Edwin McCail
    What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?
    I guess Cilan would try and put them in a romantic date, Dawn would try and get May to spend more time with Ash and to wake Ash's sense of love like what happen in Puppeter Wishes

    Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

  11. #7151
    放課後ティータイ FinalSynFrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    フィリピン
    Posts
    292
    Blog Entries
    11
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    Aw man, haven't seen this thread for a while. Glad to see some of you guys keeping your AdvanceShipping spirit up~ :)

    What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?
    Brock - I'm pretty sure you can already predict what's he's gonna do.
    Dawn - I think Dawn was astonished about that Ribbon that Ash and May won back at the Terracotta contest. Maybe she does encourage AS?
    Misty - ???
    Delia - As a mother, you know what she's gonna expect from her son.
    Prof. Oak - A Poetry maybe?
    Max - Teasing?

    If Ash were to sing a love song to May, what song should it be?
    I barely know any love songs. Although, I don't think Ash is best suited as a singer~ ;3
    Maybe May could sing a love song to Ash to make his feelings show?

  12. #7152
    Soon to be Pokemon Master Ash Ketchum.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On top of Mt. Silver
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    @Ash Ketchum.; Welcome back friend! Always great to see veterans.
    Jackie! Always good to see you :) I'm happy to see you're still with us!

    What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?

    I can see Gary talking to May if she were to return to Pallet to visit Ash, he'd probably reminisce about his trainer days and tell May about just how rash, immature and naive Ash once was. May would probably be all surprised since when she had met Ash he was quite an experienced trainer in his own right. Then, Gary would probably slip out something along the lines of how Ash couldn't stop talking about the time he met up with May in Sinnoh and how he wished Gary could've met her, as well as Gary telling May how Ash always bragged about her saying how he watched her grow from a girl who initially disliked Pokemon yet grew to love them and become an amazing and renowned coordinator. I always thought he needed more screen time. I mean for Pete's sake! He's Ash's best friend and his very FIRST(and toughest) rival. Since Drew seems to parallel Gary's trainer days albeit as a coordinator, he may do the same in a conversation with Ash telling the latter how May NEVER stops talking about him and how she misses her adventures with him. (I honestly LOVE the idea of Drew as an Advanceshipper.)

    Delia would do things along the same lines but in a more motherly sense...perhaps even make a reference to something far off like marriage to get a fluster reaction from the pair, then she'd probably laugh and discuss about the statement with Caroline and Norman further flustering Ash and May.

    Iris, Dawn and Max could play match maker, with the former continuously getting Ash flustered by calling him "such a kid," whenever only matures around May. xD

    Brock by....Well, we've all read enough fanfiction.

    That's only the surface, I think a lot of the characters would support the ship in their own unique ways! No matter how comical! xD

    If Ash were to sing a love song to May, what song should it be?

    I can't see Ash singing, however I can see him learning how to dance just because he wanted to make her happy. Though, that just might be my buried desire on how much I wished they danced together in their movie 8 costumes at the ball. >.>

  13. #7153
    In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    Yeah, I can't see Ash as a singer, either. May--maybe. MAYBE.
    Anyway, I'm gonna rewrite my answer to that question, because mine sucks right now.
    What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?
    Brock-Uh...I think you all know.
    Misty-She'd talk to Ash about May and wink about it and all.
    Tracey-He'd talk to May about research and add on how many pokemon Ash caught and all.
    Max-He'd ask May if she had a love interest.
    Drew-He'd give May a rose and ask slyly, "Don't you wish Ash would do this, too?" (XD)
    Dawn-She'd talk about romance and ask May if she likes someone. She'd also give subtle hints.
    Cilan-He'd talk to May about how rash and brave Ash is.
    Iris-She'd talk about romance and how so-and-so is cute. That'll peak May's interest, in terms of romance.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

  14. #7154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    What might the other characters on the show do to encourage Advance Shipping?

    Brock would most likely cry in jealousy, but would support it in the end. Misty's support depends on her current maturity. Max would tease May endlessly. Gary would do what Ash Ketchum said two post above.

  15. #7155
    NCIS Special Agent DracoMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Office of Special Projects
    Posts
    2,980
    Blog Entries
    354

    Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

    Here's something I haven't done in a long time for this thread:



    @Princess of Hoenn: Just think of this as a birthday gift, so happy birthday. (Anyone remember the last party three years ago?) I included four that I posted months ago because I'm not sure you saw them.

    For anyone who's curious, all my AdvanceShipping children's trading cards can be found in my Chartreuse Album. And if anyone's wondering why I haven't made more, it's because the Card Creator website only accepts jpg images, but most of the good ones are png.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

    You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •