Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 472

Page 472 of 494 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar

Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

It's nice to see you Ranger Jack (:

Anyway, I was looking around and found a quote that really reminded me of Advanceshipping, which sort of pertains to what we've been talking about:

"They’d never been lovers, of course, not in the physical sense. But they’ve been lovers as most of us manage, loving through expressions and gestures and the palm set softly upon the bruise at the necessary moment. Lovers by inclination rather than by lust. Lovers, that is, by love." ~Gregory Maguire

I think this about sums it up. Sure, Ash and May have never been in a relationship (and all things being equal, may never be so long as the writers don't want to lose a portion of their fanbase) but the way that they interact, care for each other, respect each other, comfort, treat, and otherwise learn from each other is what matters. It's not so much a label as a "couple" that we're looking for; it's more about their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anikasnow6 View Post
    And, to Princess of Hoenn: Keep making banners~!!
    Yes ma'am!
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

Blog Entries

So does this mean that Princess is back for good? I was set to comment on how long she's been gone, but look who's talking: I've been mute as a log here. Well, time to change that:

If there was an episode where Ash and May become or are already established as a couple how do you imagine it to turn out?

Ash saving May's life for the Xth time. Yeah, my fantasies tend to be more dynamic. And there are sooooooooo many possibilities...
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Let's get this thread back on its feet. It's been stumbling for far too long.

If there was an episode where Ash and May become or are already established as a couple how do you imagine it to turn out?

2 scenarios. One in which they become a couple and one in which they already are.

In the first one where they become a couple, Ash saving May would be rather cliche but I'm okay with it.

The second one where they already are a couple would be more creative. I can imagine them having to reveal to everyone that they are a couple would make an interesting scenario.

I'm actually really excited that some veterans of AS are back, I go back and read all the posts you guys made way back even in the old thread :D

I notice how on bulbapedia out of the three main Ash ships AS has the least out of them. In the early stages of this thread people talked about cute moments between them that aren't neccessarily hints but are just fun to watch. These weren't included on the AS page but when I check the Poke and Pearl many things that are considered hints aren't really hints. I am not really bashing because I don't hate the ships but i'm just thinking that if we included all the hints between Ash and May that are similar to the ones Poke and Pearl have I think that we would have a whole lot more on the AS page.

I'm not trying to compete with them I'm just thinking that if they have those moments counted as hints then aren't we allowed to as well? At least the ones we do have feel like they are pretty decent hints so I'm not really complaining, just observing :D

Though my opinion may be biased seeing as how I got obsessed shipper 2/3 times on DD's quiz :P
    AdvanceShipping

Credit to the amazing Princess of Hoenn for the banner

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

Hm, that may be true. But did you add up both threads?
    I'm not sure about the fun to watch thing, but...
    Well, if there was one scenario that wasn't necessarily shippy or anything but fun to watch...I'd say...uh...I might have to watch the AG series again. I got into pokemon when DP was coming out. Ugh...
    But that might get a little off-topic.
    Well, if I had a favorite Advance Shippy episode, it might be True Blue Swablu or the contest thing where Ash blamed himself. Just saying. And I also liked the end of Strategy With a Smile.
    I was thinking on the couple thing...I think they'll just be hanging around before they're a couple or something. And then May will...uh...accidentally fall off a cliff? Something like that...? And then Ash will go to save her. And when May reaches safety and thanks Ash, she might add on how much she loves him or kiss him or something. Not sure about Ash's reaction...remember when Melody and Latias kissed him.
    Ash is a dense guy and makes things harder to imagine. But he did seem to care for May.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

Blog Entries

Those shipping pages aren't the best and we talked about adding some stuff there but we never got anywhere for whatever reason.

Besides, I don't think that we should add every cute moment as a hint since all that does is make us look weaker if we have to use such moments as hints.

And before I forget, I don't think I ever extended a formal welcome to all the new members in quite a while. So on behalf of all 'veterans', welcome! Enjoy the advanceshipping awesomeness!

Yeah I guess it is the quality of the hints instead of the quantity, which IMO makes AS in the top 3 of all pokemon ships not just Ash/May ships :D

And thanks for the welcome, new to the thread but certainly not new to supporting AS. Proud AS shipper since she first debuted even if I didn't know what shipping was at the time :P
    AdvanceShipping

Credit to the amazing Princess of Hoenn for the banner

Thanks for the welcome. I always like warm welcomes.
    AS is in the top three? That may not be true; I was thinking that CS may be really popular as well. Aargh, I hate this. The problem with polls is that not everyone votes, so I can't tell the rankings of shipping popularities.
    Anyway, I think we should ask a new question because we're getting a bit too chatty.
    How about...
    If May was in trouble and Ash couldn't come to help her, how do you think he would've reacted?
    I think he would've taken it like a punch in the face from his mom and he would've paced around uncomfortably, muttering something like, "I'm sorry, May, I'm sorry." Then, maybe he would clutch his ribbon and wished his "best friend" ("just" his best friend?!) would be okay.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

@WistfulSong - Sorry about my mistake on that topic. Probably because I add too much trivial information that steer me off topic.

AS is one of the top 3 Pokemon Ships? I don't doubt it, seeing the quality and potential the ship has.

If May was in trouble and Ash couldn't come to help her, how do you think he would've reacted?

I bet he'll go near berserk, and attempt to get help from Professor Birch, Brock or Dawn. He won't settle down until he is completely assured that May is safe. That boy.

What keeps you coming back to Advanceshipping even though it can seem hopeless at times?

Uhh... I guess that the potential and quality it has is more intriguing than any of the rival ships. I just like the natural development between these two characters that seemingly evolve from normal friends to 'passionate' partners.

Blog Entries

Top 3 is really hard to determine now. A few years ago and during the peak of Advance Generation? Definitely. Now? It's hard to say. The number of really popular ships is probably triple then what it used to be during those days.

It depends on how much trouble she was in. If it was something really serious, then he would feel deep regret. If it was something less serious, then he would resolve to help her better next time. It was something absurdly ridiculous, then he'd be confused.

What keeps you coming back to Advanceshipping even though it can seem hopeless at times?

Let me rewrite the answer. I was having a hazy head:
    I think AdvanceShipping has its potential value as a realistic shipping between these two characters. Judging from the hints, I can say this shipping is very, very close to being canonical. And this keeps me static and loyal to AS despite it being 'hopeless'.

blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar

Our shipping page on Bulbagarden is "shorter" only because we have a list of combined Ash and May hints, while the other main shippings have one list for just the girl's hints, and another list for just Ash's hints. In the long run, it doesn't matter I suppose (: I have been collecting many hints/cute moments on a old and long word document somewhere...one day I'll post that...

If he saw the 'accident' let's say on T.V. or something (assuming that the trouble May's in is like life threatening because god knows he's saved her from many of those moments), Ash would probably feel extremely awful and restless for reasons he couldn't name right away, and he'd probably pace around a lot, be unfocused and distracted until he got the chance to see May for himself and make sure she was okay (: Cue a cute hospital moment. fanfic idea!

And a banner dump before I leave...

[Remember me for who I was and who we wanted to be,
    And we'll never be forgotten ♥]
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

Oh. By, "in trouble," I meant life-threatening. But you can list not life-threatening as well. Life-threatening like a cliff or she's by captured (by Drew and the knight in shining armor will save her). Non-life threatening, like...uh...whatever! Dunno.
    And great banner, Princess of Hoenn! It's really cool (and really cute (and really AdvanceShippy)).
    ...Yeah.
    I'll also add some fanart!!

Okay, I'm done posting~!
    Last edited by Anikasnow6; 29th January 2013 at 08:35 PM.

Blog Entries

she's by captured (by Drew and the knight in shining armor will save her).
    We've been through this before. It was generally agreed that Drew being a all-out villain is OOC and really old. Drew being supportive of Ash and May was generally seen as a much more interesting scenario.

she's by captured (by Drew and the knight in shining armor will save her)
    The vets've been through this. Drew being the opponent is rather an old thought. Having him as a supporter will be make the scene more interesting and technically more intriguing.

The amount of the hints in AdvanceShipping may be shorter, but the quality, instead, is rather superior, in my opinion. By the way, nice banner, Princess of Hoenn! That one kinda makes me wish that May appear in the new series, doesn't matter if she is just making a cameo appearance. But that's my lame wish.