Page 470 of 494 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

When did you first hear about Advanceshipping?
    I don't like repeating myself over and over. Let's just say "Movie 9".

With Gen VI coming soon, you will also be expecting the anime to move forward right? As far as I know, May has not made an appearance in BW. How are you AdvanceShippers feeling right now?
    Me? Personally, I think I've lost my touch in the whole Shipping thing because I don't think Its going to happen at all. But of course, I will always be a fan of AdvanceShipping forever, even though Its never going to happen, but at least we still have those fan fics. Anyways, I don't think I'll have time to look forward to the next Season of Pokemon, plus I haven't caught up to watching Best Wishes because I'm more focused on my other anime than Pokemon. So how are you guys feeling about AdvanceShipping In Its current state?

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

With Gen VI coming soon, you will also be expecting the anime to move forward right? As far as I know, May has not made an appearance in BW. How are you AdvanceShippers feeling right now?

I've lost most of my interest in shipping in general lately. That's not to say that I don't like the ship anymore, it's just that I don't feel like any ship really is going to happen now. They would've done it before thirteen years were up if they were going to, in my opinion.

*Sigh* I am quite the sad skitty. However, it was to be expected of course. Why would they have done it with May and not Misty? I wish May would come back, but I have a strong feeling she won't.

Alas, a girl can dream, can't she?
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

Scholarly Gentleman

Hello, all. My name is Power Shot, and I suppose I'm an AdvanceShipper. I say 'suppose' because, while it isn't something I think about or dream about on a day to day basis, I do admire the relationship and I do like how Ash and May's personalities meshed well together in the anime. I'm new here, though I'm an old player in the Shipping fiction community. I wrote "After Hoenn: The Journey of Faith" on Serebii Forums and am currently working on "PKM Rangers: Rise of the Dark Gems" for what is now the seventh year. Just thought I'd drop by, because I think some of the older readers know me here, and because I am returning to the Pokemon fanfiction game. For those of you that haven't heard of me (which is likely almost anyone, so I'm sorry if I'm coming off as egotistical) check out my fan-fiction. I've been told it's a good read, and I'm reposting a new, revised version right here on Bulbagarden:

[AdvanceShipping] PKM Rangers: Rise of the Dark Gems

A really long time ago. Like, a ridiculously long time ago. I remember that I had just joined Serebii and was reading a few of the fan-fictions available in their Shipper Fiction section, and the Ash and May stories sort of caught my eye. They had a passion that I really admired, so I started writing my own after watching the anime and agreeing with those writers. I really just enjoy writing fan-fiction, but don't often get the opportunity to do it, but I think the only fan-fiction I have actually read and liked were from this Shipping community. So I suppose that's how I got myself started.

Hello, all! I tried posting yesterday, but for some reason my post didn't go through. Anyhoo, I'm Power Shot. I think a couple of people around here know me, but I wanted to say hello because I'm rather tired of behaving like a hermit and would like to actually speak to people. So look around for me, I'll definitely be around.
    Last edited by Araragi-hakase; 12th January 2013 at 04:19 AM.

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

I actually don't remember. It was many years back. Maybe some book on the Battle Frontier or something.
    I'm not really disturbed. I know that May's not going to show up again, but I still love AdvanceShipping and that's the end of it.

Hard for me to voice out my thoughts, so I'd just break it down this way:

It is expected that Hoenn will be remade (don't know about the other staff members of Game Freak though), so I think that May might had her next appearance again, just like how Emerald had impacted the anime in some form. However, with the recent announcement of Gen VI, I think that Hoenn remake might not come true, so she might not appear at all. This make me feel anticipated yet disappointed. Odd feeling.

Despite that, I keep my spirits up for AdvanceShipping, for I believe it is a ship that has the potential to become canonical.

I know it from somewhere in Bulbapedia. I just stumbled into the Shipping article, and then read through all. That time I had not returned to Pokemon after Johto saga. Then, I realized that Misty was replaced by May, then Dawn. Realizing May had more potential and more influence in Ash's character development, here am I.

This thread hasn't been very active lately...
    But I'll write another question!!
    You know how Ash suffered a thorough defeat (blame Paul) in Sinnoh and was then very depressed? If May was there, how do you think she would've reacted?
    My answer to my own question is that I think May would imitate Ash. Ash was always cheering May up when she lost something, and May could do that to Ash and kind of maybe even "make fun of him". Then, maybe Ash would be happy or something.
    Well, Ash gave her support. Now it's her turn.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You know how Ash suffered a thorough defeat (blame Paul) in Sinnoh and was then very depressed? If May was there, how do you think she would've reacted?

Ash sat May down and talked to her through it. May would do the same to Ash, sit him down and have a talk to him. Maybe try to joke a bit and pump him up
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Oh, good idea!
    I just hope that Ash wouldn't drive her nuts and make her angry or something with his, "It's never gonna happen," stuff. Not that that is going to happen.
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

I was watching pokmemon advanced and thought they looked cute together, I then looked up on the internet if someone else was like me and thought they did. I then found May's Crush and Two of a kind and have been supporting the pairing ever since.

I have felt a bit down that she hasn't made an appearance or that thir ribbon halves haven't been mentioned like Misty's lure was in DP but i know that however slight there is a chance of her reappearing in the series and along with her more hints. I think in an interview one of the directors/writers said Misty will make some more cameos so why not May as well? Plus she is travelling as a co-ordinator still (I think) so there is a chance they will meet again, like Ash going to another Wallace Cup or another contest like that or maybe she visits him he returns to pallet. So there are many chances for her to return so I have hope she will make more cameos.

I think she would have sat down with him and reminded him off their journey in Hoenn. How when she was a rookie trainer he supported her through everything. That when she lost a contest he told her to keep going and follow her dream. She would then pull out her half of the ribbon and remind tell him that when she was struggling she would remember the ribbon and the times they had and how it was because of those times that has made her strong.

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by WistfulSong View Post

I was watching pokmemon advanced and thought they looked cute together, I then looked up on the internet if someone else was like me and thought they did. I then found May's Crush and Two of a kind and have been supporting the pairing ever since.

I have felt a bit down that she hasn't made an appearance or that thir ribbon halves haven't been mentioned like Misty's lure was in DP but i know that however slight there is a chance of her reappearing in the series and along with her more hints. I think in an interview one of the directors/writers said Misty will make some more cameos so why not May as well? Plus she is travelling as a co-ordinator still (I think) so there is a chance they will meet again, like Ash going to another Wallace Cup or another contest like that or maybe she visits him he returns to pallet. So there are many chances for her to return so I have hope she will make more cameos.
    Link? I'd like to hear It.
    It really depends if Gen VI will reintroduce contests again. If they are hosting a huge competition like the Wallace Cup, then Its possible for May to make an appearance in Gen VI. I'm not really that excited for the next Season of Pokemon. I'll be happy to know what region he goes to next, but the anime isn't really interesting to watch anymore. But hopefully Misty and May make their cameos someday.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WistfulSong View Post

Link? I'd like to hear It.
    It really depends if Gen VI will reintroduce contests again. If they are hosting a huge competition like the Wallace Cup, then Its possible for May to make an appearance in Gen VI. I'm not really that excited for the next Season of Pokemon. I'll be happy to know what region he goes to next, but the anime isn't really interesting to watch anymore. But hopefully Misty and May make their cameos someday.
    I couldn't find the actual interview as it is quite old but on Misty's article on bulbapedia there was a brief explanation that it is possible for Misty to make future cameos. The link to the director/writer said Mist becoming a main cast member again was a definite no. This was some time ago and I don't know how to direct link something on here as I am new to this site. It doesn't say anything about future cameos from anyone else but the possibility is always there.

As for topics I have a few, though I think they are similar to ones in the past so sorry about that

When May left the show were you satisfied how she left compared to Misty and Dawn's?

For me I felt as though it was the least emotional of the departures as they seemed to concentrate more on Max rather than May. That kinda bothered me but her reapearance in DP made up for it as that felt like what their first goodbye should have been like. i think in the old thread (which I read) it was mentioned the director of BF was a guy who preferred contestshipping which explains the push for Drew and May moments and not too many Ash and May. So that might have affected the goodbye but that is a little off topic. Compared to Misty and Dawn's goodbyes it was a lot less emotional which disappointed me so the first goodbye did not satisfy me that much but the second made up for it.

What does Advanceshipping have that other ships lack? What made you support Advanceshipping over other ships? (sorry if that one comes of as ship bashing but that is not my intent)

For me it doesn't feel like a sibling relationship which is what Pokeshipping and Pearlshipping felt like due to the arguing a lot off the time. When Ash and may did argue they would apologise and get along again and the arguments were brief except for bicker the better which was an episode that felt like it was pushing Ash and May. Plus their similarities was a big thing as they shared many traits together including pokemon which to me makes me feel good about Advanceshipping chances. Plus Ash was Mays night in shining armor as he would usually be the one she goes to for help and/or protection and he would always save her if dhe was in trouble. There are heaps more but those are the first that come to mind.

Are there any notable characters in the Anime who you think would be supportive of Ash and May being a couple?

I think there are quite a few in the anime. To me they would be:
    Norman - he respects Ash as a trainer and wouldn't be object to having him as a son in law, he also trusted Ash with his kids so he sees him as trustworthy
    Caroline - she may or may not prefer drew as seen when she teases May about being alone with him but that could just be her playing with May, but like Norman she trusted Ash with her kids and sees him as a great trainer
    Delia - I think she would support whoever Ash goes for (unless its gary :p) but unlike the others she saw how great friends Ash and May were when she visited and she blushed so a thought about them being a couple may have crossed her mind
    Max - I think he is the most important of the lot as he respects Ash and looks up to him, he and Norman as are his idols and might like the thought of Ash and May being a couple. In the last episode in the japanese version he says he likes it when Ash and May are together, whether as friends or not is up for debate but I think out of everyone Max knows Ash would be the one he would support most (plus I don't think he likes drew? I might be wrong here)
    Oscar and Andi - well its obvious why and I don't recall any other pairing having character openly talk about their relationship, if May reappears ( or when she does) can Oscar and Andi please appear as well, it would be very interesting to see what happens :)

So to me Ash has the whole family approval if the thought came across, Misty and May are the ones that have been to his house and got his moms approval while May and Dawn are the ones whose parents Ash has met so May seems to be in the parent approval zone and Ash is there as well :)
    AdvanceShipping

Credit to the amazing Princess of Hoenn for the banner

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Please drop the talk about whether or not Misty will return to the anime, as it doesn't have anything to do with Advanceshipping. Thanks~

Yay, more activity! Now, to answer the questions cautiously.

She would probably do what Ash did to her, encouraging him. Thinking back, Ash really did better in battles when travelling alongside May.

When May left the show were you satisfied how she left compared to Misty and Dawn's?

The first leaving scene concerns more about Max, who wishes to continue travelling beside Ash, whom he must have looked up upon as a 'brother', or future in-law, something like that. It was not really emotional, as though May was going to return (which she did). That second goodbye was more passionate, as it concerns more about Ash and May personally, since Max isn't there to make that situation awkward.

What does Advanceshipping have that other ships lack? What made you support Advanceshipping over other ships?

First of all - character development. Ever wonder why and how May wants to be a coordinator? Ash is the main reason. He's the one who influenced her to love and cherish Pokemon. He's the one who encouraged her to compete in the Contests. Moreover, Ash constantly supported May in her Contests, vice versa in Ash's battles. They were good partners, supporting each other well.

Secondly, interaction. Ash rarely argues with May, or raises his voice (exclude the bickering episode), despite how badly May may respond to him. They enjoy each other's company constantly and share very similar traits, hobbies and favourites. And, remember M09? Yep. Everything's there.

Are there any notable characters in the Anime who you think would be supportive of Ash and May being a couple?

Similar topic(s) came up before. Firstly, Norman, who did not seem to care that his daughter would travel with him. Secondly, Caroline, same reason. Thirdly, Max, who was unhappy when May was going to leave Ash. Fourth, Delia, who was rather happy at the company of May. Fifth, Manaphy, who treated Ash like his father and May like his mother.

If May were to return to the series as a cameo/travelling partner in the new region, how would Ash react?

I leave this to you guys.

Well, actually, I was satisfied. Maybe it was because I wasn't watching the show then. But I liked how when she left, she had her half of the Terracotta Ribbon to remember Ash, which was different from all the others. The other girls just gave him something. They didn't really share anything that would last forever.
    Besides, I loved how her eyes shimmered when she left in DP.
    What does Advanceshipping have that other ships lack? What made you support Advanceshipping over other ships?
    AdvanceShipping has cute moments and tiny hints. Also, in other ships, Luvdisc were not attracted to the two when they swam.
    I don't know. I know that although other characters don't necessarily love Ash, they care for him. So therefore, if Ash and May became a couple, they would think the classic, The best thing in life is to see who you care about be happy, thing.
    So everyone~
    If May were to return to the series as a cameo/travelling partner in the new region, how would Ash react?
    Happy, in his dense way. You know.