Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 442

Page 442 of 494 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Default Re: Advanceshipping General Discussion

What episode could be used to represent AdvanceShipping and why?

Okay, how different would their relationship be if Ash was late in getting to Little Root town? How do you think this would affect May and their relationship in general?

I have to agree with Wubbzy here, and say that the difference would be major. Although it depends on how late Ash was, I still believe it would cause a big change in the timeline. If it is a couple hours, they'd probably meet at the last second, and they'd probably dismiss the other as a stranger and never see each other again (and May would bore Torchic to death with sightseeing, and would always run away from Pokemon). If it was a week, they'd never see each other in general.

That is actually a really tough question for me...there aren't many Advanceshipping hints (quality ones, I mean) in the episodes, and the ones that are there are very, very short...I'd have to say Date Expectations and the early episodes of the Advanced Generation series, mainly because I took May as taking a liking to Ash early on in the series (IMO she had a small crush on Ash in the series that was barely visible).
    ampplaca likes this.

Okay, how different would their relationship be if Ash was late in getting to Little Root town? How do you think this would affect May and their relationship in general?

well it could affect it a lot or a little. if ash was late by a couple hours they would have never met there and the relationship wouldn't have been as strong or if he was like 30 min late he would have never destroyed her bike and she would have biked away so it would mostly likely made the relationship worse if it was any different

Visit wubbzy's Youtube Channel

I say the last episode of the AG series, since it's when they both win the Terracotta Ribbon! It exemplifies all their growth together, and represents so much about their journey and how similar they became, along with how equal they are from their starting point! xD
    Pronged Pickle and S. Muffin like this.
    "As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives." -Henry David Thoreau

If Ash and May had a child, would the kid become a coordinator or a trainer or both and why

Quote Originally Posted by wubbzy View Post

I say the last episode of the AG series, since it's when they both win the Terracotta Ribbon! It exemplifies all their growth together, and represents so much about their journey and how similar they became, along with how equal they are from their starting point! xD
    Wow...good point. Now that you brought that up I reconsider what I said at first in response to that question. From Mentor and Student to very good friends. To help aid your statement, isn't the only reason May traveled to Johto alone was to become independent and not be so similar to Ash (because her style was too like his)?

If Ash and May had a child, would the kid become a coordinator or a trainer or both and why

I think that is one of the few complications that would happen in this relationship. When it comes down to it, I see it depending on gender. Other than that, I have no idea honestly XP
    wubbzy likes this.

This is a really tough one! Dx The problem for me, is that I don't think about their future children all that much, because I don't know how they'd be!!! Dx See, if they had a daughter like May, then she'd want to be a coordinator. However, she might be daddy's little girl, or be a tough cookie and might think a trainer is a tougher way to go. If they had a son, then I think he'd definitely want to be a trainer because of Ash! But then he might be completely different and lean towards coordinating because of May! Dx

You see? It's so hard to decide!!! TT______TT
    Pronged Pickle and ampplaca like this.
    "As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives." -Henry David Thoreau

i got more questions coming just a i'll post one at a time. also i know its hard to decide what they become but i think they would be like nando and do both as they would be exposed to both at a young age.

Why do you believe Advanceshipping will survive for a long time?

You raise a very good point DarkTitan. Well, from that I meant equals, and just how in sync they are. Similar, in that they understand each other more, where Ash understood completely why she had to go, or how to cheer her up (like in Cruisin for a Losin), where he knew exactly what she was feeling because he had a rival (Gary), of his own. xD So I didn't necessarily mean similar in battle style, even though that was true too.

Definitely because of the community! Haha, we're still growing strong and we're going to be even stronger later on! With so many people dedicated to this beautiful shipping, along with expressing their love in discussions, fanfics, fanarts, and AMVs, it's only a given that Advanceshipping will always thrive and be cherished in the hearts of all the dedicated advanceshippers along with bringing more people in and showing them how awesome our ship is! xD

What episode in AG made AdvanceShipping feel blatant to you?

for me it was Date Expectations. i didn't even know there was something called advaneshipping the first time i saw it but i noticed when ash saved may it looked like he liked her

You raise a very good point DarkTitan. Well, from that I meant equals, and just how in sync they are. Similar, in that they understand each other more, where Ash understood completely why she had to go, or how to cheer her up (like in Cruisin for a Losin), where he knew exactly what she was feeling because he had a rival (Gary), of his own. xD So I didn't necessarily mean similar in battle style, even though that was true too.
    Sorry haha. With anything Pokemon, I think battle tactics.

I think it may have its ups and downs over the next few years, but I also think its community will thrive and help keep it alive. Also, who knows? Maybe the writers will have May return (more Ash and May moments; Also I'm curious at how she did in Johto)? As a cameo, somewhat likely. Main character, not so much (:P), but we can't lose faith.

At first it was the beginning episodes of "Pokemon Advanced" (first season of "Advanced Generation"). I could almost immediately track the chemistry between the two, and I thought May had taken an early liking, perhaps a minor crush, towards Ash (At the time, I was neutral of it, because I was debating it in my head).

I saw a few cute moments between the two through some episodes, but nothing I classified as hints. I'll admit that I didn't see much out of The Bicker the Better other than straight out arguing. I suppose their make-up was somewhat shippy, but the only thing I saw as a hint (something I like to call "a hidden hint") is when they battled Team Rocket (yes Wubbzy, more battle style xD). The couple from that episode claimed a strong relationship was needed between two trainers for such good teamwork, and I thought May and Ash demonstrated that perfectly (in fact, I thought that was the best teamwork Ash had worked with ever). I would like it better if their was blushing in the episode. Without blushing, the whole entire hint becomes questionable. To summarize my opinion of this episode, all points were demonstrated that Ash and May were interested in each other/had the potential to be a couple (IMO), except for blushing. Sorry for stressing the matter, I just think it is very important.

Then I saw movie 9...

Now on the topic of May's return

As said before, I'd love that, especially if she could become a main character (May's my favorite character throughout the whole show; I'll risk watching contest episodes if that means May gets to stay a main character) again.

P.S I'm organizing a fanfiction about how May visits Ash (with Drew; don't worry about the Drew part, btw. He's just a minor part of the big story) in Unova, and she and Ash start to get deeper feelings for the other. For example, May begins to act somewhat "strange" around Ash at times (shy, blushing), while Ash (at first quite dense) gets extreme jealousy over Drew at first (although he doesn't know it's jealousy because...he's dense). I'm going to try to tie all the events together than happened in DP and at the end of AG. By the way, this is my first fanfiction. After getting very good reports about my OCs throughout other fictions I'm a fan of, I've decided to try out fanfictions.
    Last edited by Pronged Pickle; 8th July 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    wubbzy likes this.

The Bicker the Better, most definitely! This was the first time someone else actually saw a romantic connection and blatantly called them out on it! xD

there might be a chance that may comes back next region because there are no contests in unova and both ash and may have travelled the other regions so there is a good chance she'll come back

@DarkTitan: Haha, that's understandable! xD I should have explained that more.

Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers cross! I wish she'd at least show up, or there will be some type of sign that she will return.

I'm hoping with the R/S/E remakes for the game, we'll hear something about May in the near future! xD

@DarkTitan: Haha, that's understandable! xD I should have explained that more.

Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers cross! I wish she'd at least show up, or there will be some type of sign that she will return.

I'm hoping with the R/S/E remakes for the game, we'll hear something about May in the near future! xD

lol that was one of my questions i had
    if the R/S/E/ remakes come out, what do you think we will hear about may and will advanceshipping be any different?