Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 390

Page 390 of 494 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

@itssupereffective Oh cool stuff. You found it. XD How long did it take you?

But actually, this has gotten me thinking. What if for the graphics/art contest (if we do one of course) everyone makes an advanceshipping flag?

Advanceshipping Swordsman Yin-Yang Yo-Yo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Itssupereffective

Great job! You found it!

@The Shiny Gengar

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Who's sorta/not in agreemen before we get off topic?

"Ichika no Ecchi" Itssupereffective ff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shiny Gengar View Post
    @itssupereffective Oh cool stuff. You found it. XD How long did it take you?

But actually, this has gotten me thinking. What if for the graphics/art contest (if we do one of course) everyone makes an advanceshipping flag?
    However long it take to type in advanceshipping flag into google, so like 30 seconds.

The Comeback Kid

Well since we apparently have an official flag and banner, we need a new topic I guess

Before I head off, how about:

If (WHEN) Ash and May are a couple, do you think their interactions will change? Also who do you think will "wear the pants" of the relationship or will they keep on more even ground?

Oh and:

Name a problem Ash and May might have when they're together

For me:

I say their actions will be relatively the same, just a bit...fluffier I suppose, more kisses, hugs, sweet talk, etc.
    Meanwhile, the two of them will stay on even ground, I'm not sure if one of them will decide to try to exert his/her dominance.

Something they'll run into: Gonna just throw it out now: Jealous flames. I won't pull my own fanfictions this time so I'll leave it at that for now...maybe pull them later.
    Last edited by nooneimportant2; 30th May 2012 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant2 View Post
    Well since we apparently have an official flag and banner, we need a new topic I guess

Before I head off, how about:

If (WHEN) Ash and May are a couple, do you think their interactions will change? Will it stay fairly the same or will it be more gooey and sweet. Also who do you think will "wear the pants" of the relationship or will they keep on more even ground?
    lol this made me laugh. Ash will wear the pants. But may will take em off. LMFAO! Seriously though I think may will act weird and ash will be like his normal self. Kinda dense. Hes gonna be like so you're ny girlfriend now....what's next? And just act lost. That's honestly what i think. And you really want a challenge itssupereffective?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant2 View Post

If (WHEN) Ash and May are a couple, do you think their interactions will change? Also who do you think will "wear the pants" of the relationship or will they keep on more even ground?

Name a problem Ash and May might have when they're together.
    Alright, I am with you on this. No matter what everyone thinks, Ash will be clueless as heck to what he will do in the relationship. And yeah, there'd be the occasional, "fluff", but May will sometimes have to guide him through it.Now, Ash will wear the pants, mostly, but sometimes May will have to take them off...in order to make sure she's heard, so, evens itself out.

Now, concerning problems...self-explanatory, There will be the occasional forgetful and dense side of Ash, where he will forget a date or anniversary, but nothing that will make her running back to Drew.

blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post

So let's say AdvanceShipping had a flag to represent it, what would it look like? what colors would it feature? and what symbol would it have?

Didn't Princess make an AdvanceShipping flag?
    Yes, yes I did. :) And it looks like itssupereffective ff has found it, thanks :D To be honest, I didn't think I'd ever see this post of mine again xD

With that said, I was planning to scrap the old flag+emblem and make a whole new one for the reemergence of this topic, but @ShinyGengar if you want to go through with this graphics contest of yours, I'll gladly wait and hold back until we start a new contest and we can pick a new flag elimination style :) *closes GIMP*

@AnyaHeart - oh, I've missed your banners :) Your two new ones are absolutely lovely :)

I think the most unique thing about Advanceshipping is that Ash and May's interactions are realistic and sincere - rather than based on infatuation and the sterotypical teenage romance kind of deal, their relationship is based on something much stronger and rooted much deeper- it's the utmost respect, trust, gratitude, true friendship and comfort they feel with each other that holds them together. With that said, I'm guessing that if Ash and May ever do get together, their interactions will stay very much the same, because it would be from that common ground, that familiarity with each other, that defines them. They would love each other for who they really were, and not because of fleeting attractiveness or anything shallow like that.

And the pants...ah, I feel like Ash and May are on pretty equal footing. We clearly saw from Bicker the Better that they were very much in sync, and could both hold their ground against each other. And we also saw from the Terracota contest that they treated each other like true equals (and of course don't forget the Heart Swap they 'shared'...I dunno, I feel like they exist as a whole rather than two opposing forces trying to reach a compromise).

Name a problem Ash and May might have when they're together

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU ATE THE LAST COOKIE?!"

You know, I don't think they really ever argued that much. Whenever they did, it was either arbitrary stubborness, or it was because their dreams pulled them in opposite directions. I figure though that because May likes to travel so much, she wouldn't mind following Ash on his journey to becoming a 'pokemon master' (like she did when she followed him to Kanto <3) If anything, maybe May might still feel this...inferiority complex toward Ash. Seeing that he actually introduced her to pokemon and taught her the basis of almost everything she knows, she might feel like she doesn't deserve him (such as in The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing, she didn't want to battle Ash because she feared he would be too good for her). This may cause tension between them...but it's nothing a good long talk and a warm hug couldn't solve :)
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

Blog Entries

@Princess of Hoenn

I don't care if I'll get an infraction for saying this! But Princess, that response was soo adorable and amazing! It fits advanceshipping so well! You displayed the true meaning of it, and explained why it's so good, unlike me and probably 5% of the people viewing, no offense. There's no more words that I can use then: it's an honor.

blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yin-Yang Yo-Yo View Post
    @Princess of Hoenn

I don't care if I'll get an infraction for saying this! But Princess, that response was soo adorable and amazing! It fits advanceshipping so well! You displayed the true meaning of it, and explained why it's so good, unlike me and probably 5% of the people viewing, no offense. There's no more words that I can use then: it's an honor.
    It's always been an honor to be part of this amazing shipping :) Thank you, that is so kind of you...when you've been around ADV for a very long time, you tend to get wordy and sentimental like that xD

Random screenshot!

This always makes me smile...the expressions just sum them up so perfectly <3
    Last edited by Princess of Hoenn; 31st May 2012 at 12:57 AM.
    beastmode953 likes this.
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh my gosh! Lovexheartbreak released a totally squee worthy amv XDD

May & Ash - "Here By Me" - YouTube

check it out :'D
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Blog Entries

these were the last few topics we have been talking about over the two days, so if anyone wants a new opinion or recap, here they are:

What non Pokemon Movie makes you think of Advanceshipping

If you could only pick one, what advanceshipping fanfic would you want to become a movie and why? (And don't pick one of your fics)

Which of the advanceshipping fics has the best seller quality?

In a game of truth or dare, name an advanceshipping dare or truth that would be given to ash or may, list the character who gave them that dare and why.

We know how much Ash puts himself in danger MANY times. So, what could May do in order to save his life, just as Ash has done for May?

If you were somehow transported to the pokemon world,which character would you be and how will you get ash and may together?

So let's say AdvanceShipping had a flag to represent it, what would it look like? what colors would it feature? and what symbol would it have?

beastmode953 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yin-Yang Yo-Yo View Post
    these were the last few topics we have been talking about over the two days, so if anyone wants a new opinion or recap, here they are:

What non Pokemon Movie makes you think of Advanceshipping

If you could only pick one, what advanceshipping fanfic would you want to become a movie and why? (And don't pick one of your fics)

Which of the advanceshipping fics has the best seller quality?

In a game of truth or dare, name an advanceshipping dare or truth that would be given to ash or may, list the character who gave them that dare and why.

We know how much Ash puts himself in danger MANY times. So, what could May do in order to save his life, just as Ash has done for May?

If you were somehow transported to the pokemon world,which character would you be and how will you get ash and may together?

Thanks YinYang. And after this oneshot contest guys this place will explode with new advanceshippers. Trust me. btw one more topic to add on. What keeps you loyal to Advanceshipping rather than find a new ship or just forget all about it and find something better with your time. Everyone has a why. What's yours?

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What keeps you loyal to Advanceshipping rather than find a new ship or just forget all about it and find something better with your time. Everyone has a why. What's yours?

can't change my preferences .-." can't forget adv, i dunno, im really stubbon x3
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Quote Originally Posted by SaPpHiiRee1 View Post
    Finally.

HAPPY ADVANCESHIPPING DAY! ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighting_Raichu View Post
    @SaPpHiiRee1- I have to agree with DJ Rabid Otter, your video was amazing. It was very well made and I liked the songs that were chosen.

I have a late Advanceshipping date contribution. I know its a little late but better late then never.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Hoenn View Post
    *skids in, wheezing, arms laden with gifts*

Really busy with school right now...my life barely has time anymore. But I’m not abandoning you guys, promise :)

Extending a huge, warm welcome to all our new members – please enjoy your time here and may the advanceshipping spirit always be with you :)

Anyway, I’m sorry to have missed our glorious Advanceshipping day (*cries*) but I hope that these last minute gifts will suffice...

(threw these together last minute, so they’re a little sloppy ^^)

I did have a fanfiction written for this day that I was planning to put onto FF.net (I’ve been working on this one for about a year now), but just a few weeks ago, my computer got infected with a virus, and everything was wiped clean. I’m quite heartbroken and distraught over it, but I’ve been slowly working my way back into the story – hopefully I will be able to finish it for good soon...anyway here’s the rewritten prologue, if you guys want to see it (another ADV day gift!)

It’s still pretty rough, and I’m planning to revise this first part a lot more before it’s deemed ready-to-actually-post. And as you could probably tell, it was a Jirachi Wishmaker centric fanfic...my plan was/is to write out all seven days of the comet and focus on the short montages of May making her wish on her wishmaker (which we all know had to do with Ash, haha). Anyway. It was very introspective and went deeper in as the May’s days went by. I was on wish-day 5 when the file was destroyed. T_T Well, hopefully I’ll be able to rewrite it all. Wish me luck :)

Some quick little screenies too?

From Do I Hear a Ralts? This is the scene where Max is reunited with Ralts. Notice that Nurse Joy and Brock are looking at each other, discussing something, thus leaving Ash and May to look like, I dunno, proud parents watching over their kid or something <33

Same episode. Again with the happy parents image. They both say something to Max like, “Good job” or “you did it” or “I’m so proud of you!~~~” :DD

Ah, anyway. I hope you all have a wonderful day, and happy thanksgiving!

-- Princess

EDIT: Oh, and I put together some ADV food too, you know, for old time’s sake~ (thanks for reminding me DarkDreams :D)

Yum~

(there is no love more real...than that for food) xD

Yeah, it’s a shout-out to you Aussies out there, because I know there are a lot of you (ex: @DarkDreams and @Midnightmoon602 <33) and because lamingtons look delicious. I wish I had one :)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post
    What keeps you loyal to Advanceshipping rather than find a new ship or just forget all about it and find something better with your time. Everyone has a why. What's yours?

can't change my preferences .-." can't forget adv, i dunno, im really stubbon x3
    im stubborn too so i can relate. btw heres some old stuff from advanceshipping day. i was looking at old posts. lightning raichu is really good

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I can't just stop liking what I used to like. Advanceshipping isn't always on my mind so I don't need to find something better to do with my time.