Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 389

Page 389 of 494 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

  1. #5821
    "Ichika no Ecchi" Itssupereffective ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by beastmode953 View Post
    ^ lol that made me laugh. And someone do Paul. Im a sarcastic bastard too but I can't say what I'm about to say because its a pointless post. Its the end of the month and cops are giving out tickets to finish their quota. I feel like infractions are just Like tickets lol. Now back on topic. If i was professor oak I would somehow relate may to pokemon to get Ashs attention. That dense idiot
    Alright let me see, I'd be Paul, hook up with Dawn, get the GS ball so that I can get Celebi, use Celebi to take me back in time so that Drew goes to Unova and not Hoenn, turn Max from a cockblock into a matchmaker so that he would get Ash and May together, and then give Ash Celebi so that he has a legendary pokemon to win a league. Was that good enough for you beastmode?
    wubbzy likes this.

  2. #5822
    The Comeback Kid
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    if you were somehow transported to the pokemon world,which character would you be and how will you get ash and may together?.
    Probably Gary or Drew. They remind me of me, we can be sarcastic can poke fun at other people people but deep down, we're not completely insensitive bastards.

    If I were Gary...I'd probably conspire with Brock and Drew for a plan similar to the one below:

    If I were Drew, I'd temporarily join the group conspire with Brock.

    As for how to get Ash and May together, hehehe, well I'd need to time it perfectly during the time Sceptile's heart was broken (Sorry Sceptile)

    First, get May to acknowledge her feelings for Ash while Brock does the same with Ash. Oh and we all promise to get them together or die trying when Brock finds out Ash returns the feeling.

    Then, make Ash jealous through a series of "coincidences" that look like they could be romantic but really they're friendship (I'd make sure that it was friendship, the point is to get May and Ash together).

    So then one day we get Ash to stumble across something friendly like a hug but make it look like its romantic. He'll run away and be jealous.

    That evening when Ash and Brock are training with Sceptile and Sceptile is totally failing at training because he's still heartbroken, Ash, naturally, goes and gives him a pep talk and tell him he emphathizes. Meanwhile, I'll go make sure May is nearby.

    Brock pretends to be clueless and asks him why Ash and May aren't already together. So Ash gives this big emotional speech about how he's madly in love with May but he's heartbroken because he thinks me and May are together.

    So then Brock'll say he understands and emphathizes as well and brings up some girl like Suzy (Back in Kanto/Johto I believe, she got together with another breeder and Brock backed off out of respect). But then Brock would tell Ash that he can't beat himself up about it and tells him that out of his own feelings, he let Suzy get together with that other guy whom he knew she'd be happy with.

    So of course Brock pops the "Can you accept it and stay friends" question. So Ash thinks about it for a second and finally decides that he'll leave May alone, for the sake of her happiness.

    Then when May moves in (probably after some gentle pushing) Brock and I leave the scene and watch them confess to each other ^_^. Oh and give each other brofists, never forget those.
    Speedy_Fox_IV likes this.

  3. #5823
    Advanceshipping Swordsman Yin-Yang Yo-Yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Poketopia
    Posts
    169
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant2 View Post
    if you were somehow transported to the pokemon world,which character would you be and how will you get ash and may together?.
    Probably Gary or Drew. They remind me of me, we can be sarcastic can poke fun at other people people but deep down, we're not completely insensitive bastards.

    If I were Gary...I'd probably conspire with Brock and Drew for a plan similar to the one below:

    If I were Drew, I'd temporarily join the group conspire with Brock.

    As for how to get Ash and May together, hehehe, well I'd need to time it perfectly during the time Sceptile's heart was broken (Sorry Sceptile)

    First, get May to acknowledge her feelings for Ash while Brock does the same with Ash. Oh and we all promise to get them together or die trying when Brock finds out Ash returns the feeling.

    Then, make Ash jealous through a series of "coincidences" that look like they could be romantic but really they're friendship (I'd make sure that it was friendship, the point is to get May and Ash together).

    So then one day we get Ash to stumble across something friendly like a hug but make it look like its romantic. He'll run away and be jealous.

    That evening when Ash and Brock are training with Sceptile and Sceptile is totally failing at training because he's still heartbroken, Ash, naturally, goes and gives him a pep talk and tell him he emphathizes. Meanwhile, I'll go make sure May is nearby.

    Brock pretends to be clueless and asks him why Ash and May aren't already together. So Ash gives this big emotional speech about how he's madly in love with May but he's heartbroken because he thinks me and May are together.

    So then Brock'll say he understands and emphathizes as well and brings up some girl like Suzy (Back in Kanto/Johto I believe, she got together with another breeder and Brock backed off out of respect). But then Brock would tell Ash that he can't beat himself up about it and tells him that out of his own feelings, he let Suzy get together with that other guy whom he knew she'd be happy with.

    So of course Brock pops the "Can you accept it and stay friends" question. So Ash thinks about it for a second and finally decides that he'll leave May alone, for the sake of her happiness.

    Then when May moves in (probably after some gentle pushing) Brock and I leave the scene and watch them confess to each other ^_^. Oh and give each other brofists, never forget those.
    Good answer! Everyone just wants to be part of the matchmaking scheme. Nice one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Itssupereffective ff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beastmode953 View Post
    ^ lol that made me laugh. And someone do Paul. Im a sarcastic bastard too but I can't say what I'm about to say because its a pointless post. Its the end of the month and cops are giving out tickets to finish their quota. I feel like infractions are just Like tickets lol. Now back on topic. If i was professor oak I would somehow relate may to pokemon to get Ashs attention. That dense idiot
    Alright let me see, I'd be Paul, hook up with Dawn, get the GS ball so that I can get Celebi, use Celebi to take me back in time so that Drew goes to Unova and not Hoenn, turn Max from a cockblock into a matchmaker so that he would get Ash and May together, and then give Ash Celebi so that he has a legendary pokemon to win a league. Was that good enough for you beastmode?
    That was good enough for me man, good choice! Best to use the characters wisely and eliminate threats to guarentee Advnaceshipping!

  4. #5824
    Registered User beastmode953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Nice to see I'm not the only sarcastic bastard here lol and I wouldn't want paul to be anyone else but you itssupereffective lol and answer your damn pm. Anyone wanna do meowth? I heard he was a good guy for a second in Unova.

  5. #5825
    The Comeback Kid
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Good answer! Everyone just wants to be part of the matchmaking scheme. Nice one!
    This thread just gives me so many fanfiction ideas. Some of which I might not post for a long long time, if ever, unfortunately

  6. #5826
    Registered User wubbzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    187

    Visit wubbzy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    lol, everyone here is pure awesome! xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    [B]We know how much Ash puts himself in danger MANY times. So, what could May do in order to save his life, just as Ash has done for May?[/B

    But May already has saved Ash. Remember Movie 9 when Ash was drowning? ;)
    I love that scene! xP

    Ash falling deeper and deeper into the water, completely unconscious and almost no hope, until he hears her voice...

    She prays for him to be okay, and suddenly... his eyes open and all you see is ambition, determination, motivation, and every other synonym in between!

    If one doesn't think THAT'S epic, then nothing will. One of my favorite advanceshipping moments! xD

    Quote Originally Posted by beastmode953 View Post
    We know how much Ash puts himself in danger MANY times. So, what could May do in order to save his life, just as Ash has done for May? I think May has saved his life just by being there. He would be the same stubborn headed kid that just did things as soon as he thought of it. Now he kinda had to think of his actions since he wanted to set a good example for May and Max. I think he would still be an idiot if it wasn't for her.

    Well he can still be an idiot but not as much. Unova really fucked up his character. kidkidkidkidkid stupid bitch. and yeah congrats guys. were at 5800 posts. almost at 6000
    Completely agree! Some people have actually said that he was OOC throughout AG because he acted more mature than any other series. To that I always scoff and say it's character development, and amazing development at that. We see Ash go from this immature kid, to a mentor figure for May, but then they go and make him childish again (and DP was okay I guess, but I feel as though he reverted back even then). I don't know, I guess that's just one reason I loved AG the most - Ash seemed to actually change and develop, and it was great.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~ View Post
    We know how much Ash puts himself in danger MANY times. So, what could May do in order to save his life, just as Ash has done for May?
    Performing a Heimlich maneuver in case Ash choked from eating his fifth hamburger bonus physical contact.;)
    Pure win.
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant2 View Post
    I completely agree! xD I was so bad at coming up with good plots for stories, and now I get here and apparently they're pretty creative (at least more creative than I had before).
    This thread just gives me so many fanfiction ideas. Some of which I might not post for a long long time, if ever, unfortunately
    Agreed! I'm usually not good at coming up with creative stuff, but when I get here, it just comes naturally. I'm at least more creative than I originally thought! xD

  7. #5827
    "Ichika no Ecchi" Itssupereffective ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by beastmode953 View Post
    Nice to see I'm not the only sarcastic bastard here lol and I wouldn't want paul to be anyone else but you itssupereffective lol and answer your damn pm. Anyone wanna do meowth? I heard he was a good guy for a second in Unova.
    Haha thanks, he is my favorite character. I already answered your pm so it's on you. Yeah Meowth was just pretending to be good, but it reminded me of Gerbilftw's fics when I saw he was a good guy.

  8. #5828
    Like a sir. The Shiny Gengar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where there's bacon
    Posts
    342
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Okay here's a weird one XD

    So let's say AdvanceShipping had a flag to represent it, what would it look like? what colors would it feature? and what symbol would it have?

  9. #5829
    Registered User beastmode953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Itssupereffective ff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beastmode953 View Post
    Nice to see I'm not the only sarcastic bastard here lol and I wouldn't want paul to be anyone else but you itssupereffective lol and answer your damn pm. Anyone wanna do meowth? I heard he was a good guy for a second in Unova.
    Haha thanks, he is my favorite character. I already answered your pm so it's on you. Yeah Meowth was just pretending to be good, but it reminded me of Gerbilftw's fics when I saw he was a good guy.
    . I sent you one on bulbagarden with a link. And good idea gengar. I think I kniw ehy you asked that. And i say the colors of the terracotta ribbon and the pattern of mats bandana.

  10. #5830
    Registered User wubbzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    187

    Visit wubbzy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    So let's say AdvanceShipping had a flag to represent it, what would it look like? what colors would it feature? and what symbol would it have?

    What are you talking about? This is a great topic!

    I'm not entirely sure about the colors, but I say a sun because it represents the terracotta ribbon in my eyes!

  11. #5831
    The Comeback Kid
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    So let's say AdvanceShipping had a flag to represent it, what would it look like? what colors would it feature? and what symbol would it have?


    Okay, I'll go be cheesy and say that it'd probably have at least a heart in the background of the Terracotta Ribbon (haha). Or if not a heart then maybe a sun? I dunno.

    As for colors (In no particular design):
    Red, mainly because it was May's main color in AG, but also because it represents courage. Need I explain how courage pertains to Ash? Oh and on a more side note: Ash is based off of Red the game character (Just kinda wish that for once Ash would grow more like in AG)

    Blue and Black represent perseverance and determination, two qualities that May inherited from Ash's teachings. Oh and did I forget to mention that in just about every series, Ash has worn blue?

    White represents innocence, purity, and peace. Yeah, I know its cheesy but I just can't help but view Advanceshipping as so pure and innocent...



    Hmm, Terracotta ribbon surrounded by a White heart with Red on one side and Blue on the other in a sort of Ying-Yang esque position and some Red and Blue inside the other color while Black fills the gap between the ribbon parts and sort of completes the rectangular shape??

    The ribbon is of course there for their bond surrounded by a peaceful, pure, white heart. On each side of the Ribbon, the Red and Blue are mostly to represent Ash and May but also to show how they're brought together by it and how there will always be a piece of them with each other. The black is there to tie them together perhaps? Show their determination to reach their goals but still be together in their hearts or something like that? (Hence the heart shape, not just because it's meant to be romantic) Or does the black ruin it and should I remove it?

    Oh well, how's that sound?
    Last edited by nooneimportant2; 30th May 2012 at 09:05 PM.

  12. #5832
    NCIS Special Agent DracoMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Office of Special Projects
    Posts
    2,962
    Blog Entries
    321

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shiny Gengar View Post
    Okay here's a weird one XD

    So let's say AdvanceShipping had a flag to represent it, what would it look like? what colors would it feature? and what symbol would it have?
    Didn't Princess make an AdvanceShipping flag?

    @Princess of Hoenn; You may wanna take this one.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

    You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

  13. #5833
    Advanceshipping Swordsman Yin-Yang Yo-Yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Poketopia
    Posts
    169
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    So let's say AdvanceShipping had a flag to represent it, what would it look like? what colors would it feature? and what symbol would it have?

    WHY MUST EVERYONE TAKE ALL THE GOOD ONES SO FAR? Now, if I had to choose, I'd first have the terracotta ribbon as the main symbol, a red and blue "X" that go from one corner to the other, beneath the terracotta ribbon. In the sections that aren't covered, I'd put green in there. This is all a huge ref to Ruby,Sapphire, and Emerald. However, Red would mean love, the blue making it pure, stable, secure, and the green meaning good luck, youth, or even eternal life. Yeah, the green would mean good luck to advanceshipping, hope it be lasting through eternity, and it has all started in their youth! That good enough for Gengar? I think I might make a flag and put it up on my website...

  14. #5834
    Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I'm needed
    Posts
    4,563
    Blog Entries
    169

    Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    So let's say AdvanceShipping had a flag to represent it, what would it look like? what colors would it feature? and what symbol would it have?

    Didn't we already have one?

    And so it begins... The great thread search of our time.
    Princess of Hoenn likes this.

  15. #5835
    "Ichika no Ecchi" Itssupereffective ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Hoenn View Post
    Hey guys…so sorry for not being on lately. I’ve been incredibly busy with projects and competitions…^-^

    But anyway, I see that our ADV spirit is diminishing a little. So, I’ve brought a few gifts along with me…

    Since we are a nation, I believe we should have a flag. And an emblem. So, with trusty photoshop, here is the flag…



    Pinkish-Red = May
    Blue = Ash
    Star = the “wishing star” in Movie 6, and May’s wish (presumably of Ash). And also because every flag has a star in it ^^”
    Red Lines = Heart Swap and Movie 9. Represents how Ash and May are connected and how, even though they are far apart, they are always together. And also how Manaphy played a part in their relationship. And I guess you could say the color represents Luvdiscs too ;]

    Oh yes…while adding the red lines to the flag…I also thought up of another thing to consider. If a red thread tying two people together symbolizes love…then don’t you think Heart Swap fits that criteria? I mean, Ash and May were connected by Manaphy’s Heart Swap…so…it’s like they are connected by a red thread…does anyone else think that means something…perhaps…?

    Anyway, now, our emblem…



    Ok, so I had a little controversy making this. I have a lot of other “prototypes”…I just think this one is the best of them. But I’m open for new suggestions…

    Swirly Frame = Water for Movie 9 (I think the colors are self-explanatory ^^) It is also in a circle because circles stand for unity (Halves make a whole)
    Leaf = Vineshipping
    Water Droplet = Hydroshipping
    Luvdisc = our favorite luvdisc scene :3
    Butterfly = Ash and May both have a “butterfly” pokemon of their own region…and it kinda reminds me of the Beautifly scene that Caroline and Norman had (I hope it foreshadows the day that Ash proposes to May ^^ *is shot*)
    Ribbon = I don’t think I need to explain ;]
    And the background behind the ribbon…do you see the colors that are slightly visible behind the faded ribbon? I took a screenie of Ash and May swimming with luvdiscs and blended it until it looked like just a blur of color. Still, it holds symbolism ;]



    Anyway…now for one last thing…

    I NEED ALL ADVANCESHIPPERS TO HELP ON THIS

    If you were present in the old thread, then you might remember that we had decided to make a freewebs site with all the advanceshipping hints one could ever imagine – more than one could possibly ever imagine. I haven’t forgot…I have been collecting hints and quotes and cute moments and speculations and all kinds of things for the past few months…once I make the site, I can post this stuff on there. So, like all sites, we need a mini userbar…



    so how is it? I decided that the site could be named “RibbonsLastForever”, but I’m not so sure if everyone agrees with it. I have placed this userbar into my siggy, so everyone can access the site when it is finished. Still, I don’t know if that is a suitable name for the site…does anyone have other suggestions? :D

    *exhales* that was a long post. Sorry for boring you guys ^^

    Oh yes, one last note – your drawing is EPIC bluemanaphy :D

    EDIT:

    Will you absolutely stay an Advanceshipper in the 5th gen if the new female trainer joins the crew, or will whoever it is affect your stance on the subject?

    Advanceshipper forever :3 I don't care who else comes along - ASH AND MAY <3
    Found it. The great thread search of our time huh? I'd like more of a challenge next time

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •