Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Advanceshipping Swordsman Yin-Yang Yo-Yo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

@nooneimportant Yeah. I knowz.

The Comeback Kid

Anyway, topic, don't tell me it died in like 5 legit posts.

Cmon guys, any other ships that remind you of Advanceshipping?

Blog Entries

In all seriousness, we'r tearing through topics way too quickly. Let's not develop a new one until the old ones have been thoroughly talked about.

As for my reason why ChessShipping reminds me of advanceshipping, I'd say because it's rival is Ferriswheelshipping (Hilda x N) can be compared to contestshipping (They Drew and N both have green hair). Kind of a lame reason but whatever.

Blog Entries

Forget the topics. You guys are tearing through this thread way too quickly. I don't wanna go to sleep for a few hours and find out I missed five pages worth of back-and-forth gabbing.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

"Ichika no Ecchi" Itssupereffective ff's Avatar

What other ship reminds you of Advanceshipping?

Maybe Ichika x Charlotte from Infinite Stratos but that's a stretch even though I doubt anyone here has seen it even though it's amazing.

Blog Entries

Yeah. Alright, for me, I'm going to say that Burningleafshipping or whatever Red x Green called reminds me of Advanceshipping, because that many people pair Ash with Leaf, and sometimes, they introduced Leaf as a rival to May in FF, however, this could always be compared to Yellow and Red and Green rivalries in terms of fandoms.

Now, for Sonamy reminds me of Advanceshipping is because "Amy" is "May" eh? eh? Eh...forgetting that thing aside, Sonic usually saves Amy in some fashion, just like Ash saving May in some manner, albeit, there being less of it, but they also both care for each other.

Visit wubbzy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Shiny Gengar View Post
    In all seriousness, we'r tearing through topics way too quickly. Let's not develop a new one until the old ones have been thoroughly talked about.

As for my reason why ChessShipping reminds me of advanceshipping, I'd say because it's rival is Ferriswheelshipping (Hilda x N) can be compared to contestshipping (They Drew and N both have green hair). Kind of a lame reason but whatever.
    Lol, but I like ferriwheelshipping! XD

Anyways, you're right, so I'll elaborate on luckyshipping being similar. Red and Green really connect during fire red leaf green chapters, after they became such great friends! (I forgot who was feeling down) but the other really made them feel better. Anyways it reminded me of the time may was feeling down because she let praise get to her head, so when drew won against her, Ash cheered her up on the bench (one of my fav scenes). XD

... I leave for what... 8 hours? And I miss so much crap...
    I'm pretty much having the same experience now. lol
    Just got back after being away for a day, and i've got like 10 pages to go through. GOSH! I missed out on a lot of things.
    This thread is bustling with activity, and it's good. But i feel sorta left behind. lol
    looks like i've got lots of catching up to do. :P

Quote Originally Posted by PichuAuraGuardian18 View Post
    Geez Freakin' Louise! I don't keep up with the thread for just a few days and look how far behind I am! Fourteen Freakin' Pages! Wow. Just wow. Well, I suppose it's time for me to catch up on all of the questions that I missed. Again.
    Well, it looks like you're not alone. I was only away for a day, and now I'm all freaked out. xD
    Wow! 10 pages in a day.

Anyway, good to have you back. :)

Quote Originally Posted by HeroketchumZ View Post
    I've been to school a while and you know what? I came back and now advanceshipping forum has more pages increased!
    You too! :p

Quote Originally Posted by HeroketchumZ View Post
    Glad you liked it! I'm happy! And looking forward to see a translations as well! ^_^

And thank again! I'll try my best for my entry! xD
    You're welcome. And I just decided to enter the contest as well. I feel crazy, choosing to enter at the last moment. But i guess that's just me, late like always. ^_^'
    Last edited by sir.aaron.adv; 28th May 2012 at 10:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Wink Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Quote Originally Posted by beastmode953 View Post
    Still can't keep up with you guys. I bet we can reach 5700 posts by tonight.
    Pfft, you crazy? We could never do that, this thread 'ant active enough. You're shooting too high, man.

Oh wait...

Although I'll admit, it seems like a lot of it is small talk. So for good measure, our very own moderator CommanderPigg, was dared a while back to draw an advanceshipping pic on Serebii, so here it is.

Blog Entries

Although I'll admit, it seems like a lot of it is small talk. So for good measure, our very own moderator CommanderPigg, was dared a while back to draw an advanceshipping pic on Serebii, so here it is.

O.O I am so saving this to my computer. It looks very, very, awesome. Especially May...and Ash. :3

Writer Extrordinaire PichuAuraGuardian18's Avatar

Thanks, sir aaron! It's good to be back. or at least it would be if I could think of an answer to the current topic! Well, I guess I could say...ugh! I'm at a blank! Anybody else think of anything? Cause I can't! Advanceshipping is just too awesome to be compared! Oh, well.

BTW, I just posted the first chapter of a new story on Fanfic.Net called "Awake," a collaboration by me and The Shiny Gengar! Check it out!

I guess I should answer something before I get into trouble. Ash and May's kids? I seem to see them having a kid named Alex a lot. It does fit them slightly. However, I like The Shiny Gengar's names in his story, "Life as a King": Amber, Orange, and Amethyst. That was a spark of genius!
    Last edited by PichuAuraGuardian18; 28th May 2012 at 10:21 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you want to read any of my fanfics on Fanfiction.Net, here's the link to my profile:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3222928/PichuAuraGuardian18

Gohan and videl. I'll tell u why later cuz Imsupoised to make a fic of it. And yeah small talk or not weve developed a lot of momentum. And it would be a good idea to stay on topic. My bad guys. And we definitely have the Mods taking a close eye on us. From the Alex the rose situation to the contest , we really ate very noticeable. And I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for pissing some people off.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I missed having to go through pages and pages of Advanceshipping. :D

You could insert pretty much any mentor-student based relationship here.

Half of the examples from here could count. (WARNING: Its a link to TvTropes.)

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Wow, you guys are sure are fast posting in this thread.

How long have you been an Advanceshipper?
    Beginning of AG (9 Years ago), but I didn't even know what a Shipping means. All I thought was, Ash and May were cute together. Movie 9 also got me hyped up in the part where the Temple starts sinking. But you guys pretty much know about Movie 9, so I won't explain! xD

Then when I decided to go back and re-watch AG, that's when I started to support this ship. That was about 2-3 months ago. I began to look around the web for Ash + May pairings and I came across Bulbapedia, showing all the hints for Ash and May as well as the Shipping names. And yes, I did check out this very thread and I went through most of the pages to see how you guys view this Ship and I decided to sign up for Bulbagarden and started posting with you guys! (:

How would other characters view Ash and May's relationship?
    Misty: Probably be jealous, but she will get over It.
    Delia: She would be happy for his son to finally get a girl! :D
    Dawn: She would be happy for both of them
    Brock: Nevermind. I'm sure you guys know his reaction! xD
    Drew: He will probably be pissed that he didn't get May, but he will just move on.
    Iris: Since she calls Ash "KID" most of the time, I guess she will stop saying that.
    Max: Teasing May a lot.

Holy crap! You guys sure can post alot in a short time.

How long have you been an AdvanceShipper?
    About a year and a half. I was knda neutral to it before that.

Thats a tough one for me. I guess Lloyd X Colette from Tales of Symphonis could count. It has been a while scince I've had anything to with those games so I might be wrong on that one.
    I do alot of things. The real qustion that you should be asking is if I'm actually good at those things
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FanFiction.net~deviantart~anipan~GPX+~tumblr~pixiv