Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 361

Page 361 of 494 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Now that we know that Dawn is going to be in Unova with Ash again, do you think May will be mentioned at all since Dawn is currently competing in the Hoenn Grand Festival?

It's extremely unlikely. The writers seem to have no sense of continuity whatsoever, and I'd be shocked if May was brought up at all.

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sir.aaron.adv View Post
    Now that we know that Dawn is going to be in Unova with Ash again, do you think May will be mention at all since Dawn is currently competing in the Hoenn Grand Festival?
    It'd be nice if something like that were to happen. But I dunno what the writers have in mind. If it doesn't happen, there's still hope that May returns, once the R/S/E remakes are out. And when she does return, hopefully she's won the Johto Grand Festival.
    Yeah. Plus, what's she going to do after the GF. Either that, she's probably competing in Sinnoh. But we'll see what Dawn might say about May when she returns.

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

I think it'd be a good twist (assuming May wins the Johto Grand Festival) to have May compete in the gym challenge as well.
    sir.aaron.adv likes this.

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    Now that we know that Dawn is going to be in Unova with Ash again, do you think May will be mention at all since Dawn is currently competing in the Hoenn Grand Festival?
    It'd be nice if something like that were to happen. But I dunno what the writers have in mind. If it doesn't happen, there's still hope that May returns, once the R/S/E remakes are out. And when she does return, hopefully she's won the Johto Grand Festival.
    Yeah. Plus, what's she going to do after the GF. Either that, she's probably competing in Sinnoh. But we'll see what Dawn might say about May when she returns.
    I think May might win and head to Sinnoh, after all May wants to be one of the best Top Cordinators in the world while Dawn wants to be the best in Sinnoh, or so i heard.

I'm not expecting anything huge, just a little update whats happening with May, i mean they left on good terms in DP.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmoon602 View Post
    I think May might win and head to Sinnoh, after all May wants to be one of the best Top Cordinators in the world while Dawn wants to be the best in Sinnoh, or so i heard.

I'm not expecting anything huge, just a little update whats happening with May, i mean they left on good terms in DP.

Since May wants to be Top Coordinator in the World, doesn't Ash have the similar goal to become the World's Pokemon Master? :D

Yeah, little updates of what May is doing is enough. Although, after Sinnoh, what's she gonna do?
    There's no Contests in Unova. If she goes to a new Region, maybe Ash might go there after Unova.

Blog Entries

But if you look back, Misty reappeared 4 times during the advance generation, while May only appeared once in the pearlshipping saga. This kind of makes me think that she could reappear... but I honestly don't know.
    From what I remember Misty had the Togepi two parter and the beginning of BF in AG and then dissaperead into nothing. May though were around for one more season unlike Dawn (so far). Then Misty had the 20 something orange isles (which I summarize with the longer Kanto Season to two season) and it makes 5 sesons with Johto for her (if my calculation is right). Considering this calculation there is a chance there could be another season and some eps with May but as said, there is no sign for this now. Dawn had three seasons so far, so if at all I would say we could get another season with Dawn and after either a second one or a season with May and Dawn at the same time. However, this is just theoretical. (Anyway, I just hope we soon can leave BW as a boring memory behind.)

Is there anything at all that is keeping anyone from entering and if so, how can Gengar and I help?
    Well, there are some main and some sub reason I refrain from participating although I do like writing fics:

1. The time, it's just too short. With my vocational training of my job in the final stage (I don't know if there is a better word in English for this German one) and the upcoming project of over a month where there are still things to prepare for I just don't have time for it. I could only be able to do some during the project when it rolls and this would be throughout June. (Though I still take my time for my weekly Internet visits.)

2. The limit, (is it words or signs) whenever I start writing I just automatically write on and on and on... endlessly with no end in sight. I would never be able to stay on 5000 or just a bit over.

3. Well, I'm not so much of a shipper in Pokémon anymore because it's stagnating. Ash never grows and I miss a throughout continues plot in it though the eps as such have some entertaining worth but not too much. And, there is no way this would ever change, we all know this.

for the sub-reasons:

4. I'm not too motivated to write anything lately. I just don't get much of input of others about my stories. It may be because I'm not advertising (sounds strange in this context) my stories enough (pretty much not at all) but although I'm writing mostly for the writings sake it would be nice to get some comments and/or reviews about them, good or bad from time to time.

5. I lack the knowledge of English words and grammar and using translator comes out weird too. Then, I tend to write bad, never-ending sentences though it became slightly better lately.

6. Don't have many good ideas lately.

7. I always have problems if there is a specification in theme.

Do you see yourself as an AdvanceShipper in the future (like 10/20 years from now)? Please specify.
    Well, I liked it from Ep. 001 of AG (and watched Pokémon from Ep 001 already though I missed some of Johto which I later caught up with, although don't think I missed much and feel the same about current BW) cause May's reaction, this "Yeah!" when Ash agreed to travel with her was cute and since I always disliked Misty and her attitude I grew fonder of it. In 20 years I'm over 40 (while Ash is still 10) and from my current imagination... I would say if Pokémon still is running, which I believe and no Shipping became cannon at this point, which I also think, I will still support AdvanceShipping, at least a bit.

Cheers
    Pokémon lasts forever...

Fanfiction.net:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1962116/bladeofjudgement
    DeviantART: http://bladeofjudgement.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Hi, finally made a Quicktopic chat thing for the contest, click here to join the discussion. it's and it's extremely quick and simple to sign up (took me a whole 30 seconds)

Hopefully the moderators will let us make a thread exclusively for contest discussion soon, I'd rather keep the discussion on Bulbagarden.

Legendary Advanceshipper HeroketchumZ's Avatar

Gonna join for sure!

I'm just needing for more advanceshipping discussion!

All I can do now is hope for May's come back.
    Legendary Advanceshipper...

Never told you that am here..
    Never appearing in front of you...
    Never thought that you know it was me...

In the truth of me..

I'm just missing in action...

Quote Originally Posted by The Shiny Gengar View Post
    Hi, finally made a Quicktopic chat thing for the contest, click here to join the discussion. it's and it's extremely quick and simple to sign up (took me a whole 30 seconds)

Hopefully the moderators will let us make a thread exclusively for contest discussion soon, I'd rather keep the discussion on Bulbagarden.
    I'm talking to the forum head in the writers workshop about that so all we can do for now is wait.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beastmode953 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shiny Gengar View Post

I'm talking to the forum head in the writers workshop about that so all we can do for now is wait.
    Oh cool :D

But what if next month's contest is graphics or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Best in the World View Post
    Now that we know that Dawn is going to be in Unova with Ash again, do you think May will be mentioned at all since Dawn is currently competing in the Hoenn Grand Festival?

It's extremely unlikely. The writers seem to have no sense of continuity whatsoever, and I'd be shocked if May was brought up at all.
    Sad, but true. I'm still hoping that the writers will pull off a surprise this time.

Yeah, she's probably competing in Sinnoh. And like you said, maybe Ash and May could travel together again, after their respective journeys in Sinnoh and Unova.

Caitlin owns. Nuff said. PorahgonX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Itssupereffective ff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PorahgonX View Post
    Is there anything at all that is keeping anyone from entering and if so how can I or gengar help?
    2 things I suggest to change.
    1) Allow any word length. If they ramble, that's their problem. If its long but perfect, props to them. 5K is WAYYYYY to short a limit anyway.
    2) Be more formal. Like either a) make another thread for it or b) consistently establish who the current judges are, the current contestants, the current rules, etc.
    I disagree, I think that for a one shot, 5k is the right amount. But since we disagree on this how about we go by majority? Whatever Raichu chooses then that will be the official rule.
    I'm not sure my point is being understood. There truly is no point to a world limit. if they make a story that's not a oneshot, but is made into one (like a 2 shot made into a oneshot) then that detracts from the story. If they make a story that rambles for too long that severely detracts from the story. Oneshots can be any length (heck I have one that's 10K), but the point is that they:
    a) are easily understood
    b) are NOT a novel
    c) are well written.
    That's the qualifications for a oneshot. No offense, but if the judges don't want to read a oneshot over 5K, then this contest may as well not even happen since it is impossible to make a fair, good contest with a word limit on oneshots.

Do you see yourself as an AdvanceShipper in the future (like 10/20 years from now)? Please specify.
    You know I thought I would have ditched this ship by now since most parts of my childhood from 6 years ago are a thing of the past for me, but I;ve hung on. So I think I'll still, if not openly then at least secretly, be a supporter.

And as for Dawn returning, honestly it's hard for me to say. I would lie to you and tell you I'm surprised, but honestly I feel like the devs at Pokemon Studios favor leaving characters in the blue a little too much. So as soon as I heard that they gave Dawn a specific course of action, I was like "Great, see you again in a year"

Oh and a heads up, anyone participating in the contest should post a comment on the quick topic page @TheShinyGengar posted to help keep things organized. Thank you :)
    Last edited by PorahgonX; 21st May 2012 at 05:38 PM.
    FanFiction
    Most Recent OneShot: A Wishing Flower
    Current Main Focus Story: I Smittened A Supermodel (RaimeiShipping)

AdvanceShipping, RaimeiShipping, SnowballShipping, QuestShipping, and TeenCareShipping.
    Bleh. That was a mouthful XP

Known as Porahgonx, or more simply, Px

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Is there anything at all that is keeping anyone from entering and if so how can I or gengar help?
    1) Allow any word length. If they ramble, that's their problem. If its long but perfect, props to them. 5K is WAYYYYY to short a limit anyway.
    2) Be more formal. Like either a) make another thread for it or b) consistently establish who the current judges are, the current contestants, the current rules, etc.
    I disagree, I think that for a one shot, 5k is the right amount. But since we disagree on this how about we go by majority? Whatever Raichu chooses then that will be the official rule.
    I'm not sure my point is being understood. There truly is no point to a world limit. if they make a story that's not a oneshot, but is made into one (like a 2 shot made into a oneshot) then that detracts from the story. If they make a story that rambles for too long that severely detracts from the story. Oneshots can be any length (heck I have one that's 10K), but the point is that they:
    a) are easily understood
    b) are NOT a novel
    c) are well written.
    That's the qualifications for a oneshot. No offense, but if the judges don't want to read a oneshot over 5K, then this contest may as well not even happen since it is impossible to make a fair, good contest with a word limit on oneshots.

You know I thought I would have ditched this ship by now since most parts of my childhood from 6 years ago are a thing of the past for me, but I;ve hung on. So I think I'll still, if not openly then at least secretly, be a supporter.

And as for Dawn returning, honestly it's hard for me to say. I would lie to you and tell you I'm surprised, but honestly I feel like the devs at Pokemon Studios favor leaving characters in the blue a little too much. So as soon as I heard that they gave Dawn a specific course of action, I was like "Great, see you again in a year"
    I have a Final Fantasy 13 oneshot that was nearly 12K...too long but i didn't want to make it into a two-shot. :P

Yes i do agree, 5k is pretty much the mininum. I mean sure 5K as max is great but for people that have been writing for years 5K is kinda too little. But that's just my view. ^^;

But there are also very short well written oneshots that may not have much words but the emotions just wants to make you cry.

Well we didn't expect to hear info about Drew, Harley and Solidad so keep hopes up! but i do agree that Pokemon got this thing that when one girl leaves, a ''year'' later she comes back. WHERES THE DEVELOPMENT? She's, to me, has returned in the anime too quickly. She just had her own little special just a few months and now POOF she is in Unova for an unknown reason atm. Unlike Misty or May they returned with evolved Pokemon (Misty, Gyradoes with Hyperbeam and May with Wartortle, Venasaur and Glaceon and Beautifly with a new learnt move, Arial Ace.) and with the returning time span as Dawn.

But what can i do? It was kinda expected Dawn would get a little more love since she was on our screens for more than 5+ years. (Right now here in Australia there re-running the second season of DP for about the eight time now so seeing her again is kinda making me...tried of seeing her. Not that i don't like her or anything!)
    Last edited by Midnightmoon602; 20th May 2012 at 10:06 PM.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

"Ichika no Ecchi" Itssupereffective ff's Avatar

a) are easily understood
    b) are NOT a novel
    c) are well written.
    Hmm I see you're point but I guess I have a different idea of a oneshot. Alright I'll agree with you, no word limit. Writers go nuts, you got until the 29th.

Blog Entries

XD Okay then... except I've already written my submission.

Oh, and C.Gholy/ChloboShoka wrote her entry too, it's on fanfiction here.