Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 359

Page 359 of 494 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

I'll make a new thread to talk about the competition, do I post it in the Shipper's Paradise or is there somewhere else?

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Shiny Gengar View Post
    I'll make a new thread to talk about the competition, do I post it in the Shipper's Paradise or is there somewhere else?
    I don't think we have any policies about user-run shipping competitions just yet (which is why I offered an alternative site for discussion). I'll talk it over with @Insanish Danish ; and get back to you on that. What I know you CAN do for sure is use the blogs to outline and advertise the competition like I've done in the past. I am very interested in the idea of user-run competitions for the shipping section and hope that there will be some developments to come from this discussion.

I do, however, acknowledge that there are users on this thread that may not want to participate, which is why I'm reluctant to let it continue in this thread.

"seasons change, people change"

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

Just thought I'd let you guys know that Boomerang (a sub-channel of cartoon network) is going to be showing Hoenn episodes starting on May 22nd. So, that's just more Advanceshippy stuff for us, assuming you have the channel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    don't think we have any policies about user-run shipping competitions just yet (which is why I offered an alternative site for discussion). I'll talk it over with @Insanish Danish ; and get back to you on that. What I know you CAN do for sure is use the blogs to outline and advertise the competition like I've done in the past. I am very interested in the idea of user-run competitions for the shipping section and hope that there will be some developments to come from this discussion.

I do, however, acknowledge that there are users on this thread that may not want to participate, which is why I'm reluctant to let it continue in this thread.
    Oh, I see, that would be cool :D

Quote Originally Posted by Best in the World View Post
    Just thought I'd let you guys know that Boomerang (a sub-channel of cartoon network) is going to be showing Hoenn episodes starting on May 22nd. So, that's just more Advanceshippy stuff for us, assuming you have the channel.
    I was wondering when that would happen.

Writers workshop....I don't even think its a problem as long as we stay on topic. Oh well. We still him catch up to the pokeshippers in posts anyways. Sorry commanderpigg...I didn't know that's why you wanted us to stop. Just saw your post.
    Last edited by beastmode953; 18th May 2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: wanted to say sorry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Shiny Gengar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    don't think we have any policies about user-run shipping competitions just yet (which is why I offered an alternative site for discussion). I'll talk it over with @Insanish Danish ; and get back to you on that. What I know you CAN do for sure is use the blogs to outline and advertise the competition like I've done in the past. I am very interested in the idea of user-run competitions for the shipping section and hope that there will be some developments to come from this discussion.

Oh, I see, that would be cool :D

Quote Originally Posted by Best in the World View Post
    I was wondering when that would happen.
    So was I. Looks like we've finally got what we've been waiting for.

CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Of all these years, why are you still an Advanceshipper? What kept you in?

Aside from PokeShipping which was my first Pokémon OTP, AdvanceShipping was the one that got me into looking for fanart and research its hints via the computer. In fact it taught me to it made me look into things (looking for hints in each episode) that I really didn’t bother doing before (I was as dense as Ash) and helped me into accepting that just because Misty was the first girl Ash had ever traveled with/interact/etc. doesn’t mean he’ll be paired up with her automatically. There’s still a chance with he can be with May while with the other girls, eh…..he’s just friends so I’ll doubt he’ll go out w/ any of them after the first two. Nowadays the magic of AdvanceShipping is slowly deserting my mind and I’m not sure if I should let it go all out to move on or continue holding onto it for it won’t matter if the writers aren’t going to put shippings before the Pokémon but just support it anyways. 8S I’ll be likely to be taking the route to move on then since I don’t think every PKMN shipping I supported would ever come close to AS and I accepted that on how everything in Pokémon would be as it is. Maybe I can accept the things I’m going through and I can incorporate on how I felt around AS onto any potential OTPS…esp. if it's from My Little Pony.:-P Although I do have faith in AdvanceShipping and always would I visit the AS threads to see on what’s popping to keep my support but not as much….^^;

Yeah I'm assuming those episodes may air sometime next week due to how the remaining Johto episodes were referred to as Pokemon Advanced (according to my receivers) and it can imply that AG will be aired.:D I'm glad on account of the saga itself is one of my favorites alas I'm going to miss Johto, they're not as bad as ppl put it imo.
    Last edited by ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~; 18th May 2012 at 07:10 PM.

Pinkie Pie: Best Pokemon Trainer

"Ichika no Ecchi" Itssupereffective ff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PorahgonX View Post
    Is there anything at all that is keeping anyone from entering and if so how can I or gengar help?
    2 things I suggest to change.
    1) Allow any word length. If they ramble, that's their problem. If its long but perfect, props to them. 5K is WAYYYYY to short a limit anyway.
    2) Be more formal. Like either a) make another thread for it or b) consistently establish who the current judges are, the current contestants, the current rules, etc.
    I disagree, I think that for a one shot, 5k is the right amount. But since we disagree on this how about we go by majority? Whatever Raichu chooses then that will be the official rule.

My story so far has gone over 5k....so yeah. I would usually go on itssupereffextives side but Iwant ny story to qualify

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Itssupereffective ff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PorahgonX View Post
    Is there anything at all that is keeping anyone from entering and if so how can I or gengar help?
    2 things I suggest to change.
    1) Allow any word length. If they ramble, that's their problem. If its long but perfect, props to them. 5K is WAYYYYY to short a limit anyway.
    2) Be more formal. Like either a) make another thread for it or b) consistently establish who the current judges are, the current contestants, the current rules, etc.
    I disagree, I think that for a one shot, 5k is the right amount. But since we disagree on this how about we go by majority? Whatever Raichu chooses then that will be the official rule.
    It doesn't really matter to me, I'm a bit over 4000 words.

But of course, it's up to the judges.

Blog Entries

I'd say up it a bit to at least 10K, but I'm not a judge.

Blog Entries

I honestly don't think it's that big of a problem, nobody will go far beyond 6k words. It's only a one shot, after all.

Blog Entries

I might have to think twice before I declare myself not entering. I've got a decent idea for a songfic, but I'm not sure it'll work with our current topic. I'll make a decision by tomorrow.
    The Shiny Gengar likes this.

Of all these years, why are you still an Advanceshipper? What kept you in?
    Everything about AdvanceShipping.
    From re-watching the AG episodes, and movies; to the AS fanfics; then there are the fanarts, & AMV's. Just about everything. What's not to like about AdvanceShipping? The fact that Ash and May look so cute and perfect together is enough cause for me to remain an AdvanceShipper.
    This prompts me to ask a new question.
    Do you see yourself as an AdvanceShipper in the future (like 10/20 yrs from now)? Pls specify.
    My answer? I don't see myself ever giving up (hopefully the same goes for all of you). AdvanceShipper for life.

Blog Entries

Do you see yourself as an AdvanceShipper in the future (like 10/20 years from now)? Please specify.

I'll support the couple, but I probably won't care nearly as much.