Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 354

Page 354 of 494 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

  1. #5296
    Registered User beastmode953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Yeah...I don't want to start a new project right away if I can use one of my current stories. But I do have an idea for wishes.

  2. #5297
    President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    32

    Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shiny Gengar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Best in the World View Post
    I've got a decent idea for a Wishes one shot already. Looks like I'll get to work.
    Well, like beastmode said, we need to set some guidelines, so you might want to wait.
    I'll probably start anyway because I'm afraid I'll forget it.

  3. #5298
    Registered User wubbzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    187

    Visit wubbzy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    I don't mind any actually. However, I'm leaning towards wishes.

  4. #5299
    Registered User beastmode953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by wubbzy View Post
    I don't mind any actually. However, I'm leaning towards wishes.
    Are you entering too? I would love to compete against a prolific writer like you. This is getting exciting and look at our post numbers. Great idea gengar. Mote advanceshippers are starting to come out.

  5. #5300
    Registered User wubbzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    187

    Visit wubbzy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by beastmode953 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wubbzy View Post
    I don't mind any actually. However, I'm leaning towards wishes.
    Are you entering too? I would love to compete against a prolific writer like you. This is getting exciting and look at our post numbers. Great idea gengar. Most advanceshippers are starting to come out.
    Yeah, I really want to enter, this sounds like a lot of fun! xD That's very nice of you to say thank you!

  6. #5301
    Like a sir. The Shiny Gengar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where there's bacon
    Posts
    342
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Right? :D

    But before we start this whole competition, I'd like to make sure the judges are all active and such. So Lighting_Raichu, PorahgonX , and Itssupereffective ff it be cool for you to make sure you are.

    And as for where we post are advanceshipping contest stories, can we make one thread in The Writer's Workshop where we all post our fic? Or is that against the rules?

  7. #5302
    President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    32

    Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shiny Gengar View Post
    Right? :D

    But before we start this whole competition, I'd like to make sure the judges are all active and such. So Lighting_Raichu, PorahgonX , and Itssupereffective ff it be cool for you to make sure you are.

    And as for where we post are advanceshipping contest stories, can we make one thread in The Writer's Workshop where we all post our fic? Or is that against the rules?
    We should probably post them separately and handle the voting here. I guess we could do one every month or something like that, and do a major special for holidays (such as Christmas one shots, AMV's, Halloween stories, etc...)

    Oh, and one more thing. I think we should get the word out to anyone who wants to participate, as I know some Advanceshippers don't really keep up much with this topic. I've just posted a blog (it should show up in a while) advertising it, and I recommend that we get the word out as much as possible to get some attention on this thing. If we're going to do it, we might as well do it right.
    Last edited by Headless Whoreman; 15th May 2012 at 05:00 PM.
    The Shiny Gengar likes this.

  8. #5303
    Registered User Lighting_Raichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    @The Shiny Gengar- Don't worry I'll make sure I'll be active throughout the whole contest

    As for the theme of the contest I think its safe to say that it should be Wishes since many of
    u guys seem to like that.

    As for rules I suggest the following:

    1) Entries should relate to the theme in some way
    2) Entries should be family friendly (I say K-T rating)
    3) Try to keep entries to a reasonable length (4 chapters max)
    4) 1 entry per contestant
    5) Deadline for entries May 29

    I think these rules are good enough to get us started but I think we should wait to see if
    the judges have any suggestions

    As for the best way to handle the entries I believe many of u guys have a Fanfic account so why not post the entries
    there and put a link to it in ur signature
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

    Winston Churchill

  9. #5304
    President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    32

    Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Looks like I'll have to mess around with my entry a bit, as family friendly really isn't my thing. I'll have to work a bit with this one...

  10. #5305
    Registered User Lighting_Raichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    I'd wait before I make any changes if I were u, since I am not sure if everyone will agree
    with these rules.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

    Winston Churchill

  11. #5306
    Like a sir. The Shiny Gengar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where there's bacon
    Posts
    342
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Best in the World View Post
    Oh, and one more thing. I think we should get the word out to anyone who wants to participate, as I know some Advanceshippers don't really keep up much with this topic. I've just posted a blog (it should show up in a while) advertising it, and I recommend that we get the word out as much as possible to get some attention on this thing. If we're going to do it, we might as well do it right.
    When I update Civil War and Life as a King I'll tell people on Fanfiction about it.

  12. #5307
    "Ichika no Ecchi" Itssupereffective ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighting_Raichu View Post
    @The Shiny Gengar- Don't worry I'll make sure I'll be active throughout the whole contest

    As for the theme of the contest I think its safe to say that it should be Wishes since many of
    u guys seem to like that.

    As for rules I suggest the following:

    1) Entries should relate to the theme in some way
    2) Entries should be family friendly (I say K-T rating)
    3) Try to keep entries to a reasonable length (4 chapters max)
    4) 1 entry per contestant
    5) Deadline for entries May 29

    I think these rules are good enough to get us started but I think we should wait to see if
    the judges have any suggestions

    As for the best way to handle the entries I believe many of u guys have a Fanfic account so why not post the entries
    there and put a link to it in ur signature
    I agree with 1, 4, and 5 but for 3 I think it should be a one shot competition. It adds another element into the mix and is more of a challenge. And I also think that the entries should be at most 2k or 3k. For 2 though, I really don't care if it's M rated, a few cuss words and some graphic imagry never hurt anyone.

  13. #5308
    President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    32

    Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Can it be longer than 2K-3K if we wish it to be?

  14. #5309
    Registered User wubbzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    187

    Visit wubbzy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    What would be the least amount of words we could have then?

  15. #5310
    Legendary Advanceshipper HeroketchumZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere.. Hopefully,toilet
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Sorry but I'm kinda feel stupid for asking this...

    But what does wishes fic is about? Can someone tell me?
    Legendary Advanceshipper...

    Never told you that am here..
    Never appearing in front of you...
    Never thought that you know it was me...

    In the truth of me..

    I'm just missing in action...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •