Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Quote Originally Posted by TanktheAvengineer View Post
    [B]
    Whole reason for my abrupt leaving was just me kind of getting sick of some people in this fandom, and the whole viciousness that is often portrayed by a majority of the shipping fandom towards one another. I just kind of thought it was all bullshit and left because I had enough of dealing with that. I'm back now, but don't expect me to be extremely active I guess.
    Ikr. The bullshit is bugging the crap out of me, I mean seriously. I can't even express my frustration right now.

Do you think Max thinks of Ash and May as a father and mother?

Hope not. I think he wants Ash to marry May so he can related to him :P

What is your least favorite type of advanceshipping fic?

Travelling, OC, OOC, high school, any lemons.
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post

Could be haha. But on the last Episode of Battle Frontier, Max even said "It's really fun when Satoshi (Ash) and Onee-chan (May/Big Sister) are together." This never occurred in the dub, but only in the Japanese version. So I assume Max wants Ash and May to be together! :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post

Could be haha. But on the last Episode of Battle Frontier, Max even said "It's really fun when Satoshi (Ash) and Onee-chan (May/Big Sister) are together." This never occurred in the dub, but only in the Japanese version. So I assume Max wants Ash and May to be together! :)

Makes sense. If Ash and May do tie the knot, then Ash'll be Max's brother-in-law. If Max already sees Ash as a big brother, he'd probably want it to be official.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Itssupereffective ff View Post
    Yeah same here, especially when they have an OC come out of no where and fall in love with Dawn or Misty. Too many new advanceshipping writers are basically doing exactly what Pichu did and now it's almost as cliche as high school fics.
    Lol, Pichu is such a trend setter.

Quote Originally Posted by beastmode953 View Post
    I hope Fanfiction love story is an exception too lol. And I don't want to continue the least favorite advanceshipping fic topic....I have a feeling return fics will make someone's list and ima just get pissed.
    Lol XD. I've written a return fic too (If Silent but Deadly counts) and a high school fic... I'm bound to get hit...

Fanfiction Love Story is an exception to what? OC fic? I wouldn't really say that the story falls under that category, it appears to be on a different track.

Have you read any Advanceshipping fanfics lately?
    Right now, I'm reading Duplicity by The Shiny Gengar
    And I also read Harley and Me not too long ago.
    Excellent choice, my friend. XD

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Lololol, no.

If you're a writer, where do you typically get your inspiration for advanceshipping fanfics?

Asian drama soap operas. I change the actors to my OTP and life is much better. but also from the things i research from the pokemon's histroy and put it into my works. Oh, also pokemon rumors also help as well. Annddddd my sad love stories in life. XD

As an advanceshipper, what is your favorite Dawn pairing?

Ikarishipping because there aren't enough hints or moments for Kenny and Dawn except the last episode. (NOT GOOD ENOUGH WRITERS. A LITTLE TOO LATE) and well, Pearlshipping? Ash is taken gurl!

What is your least favorite type of advanceshipping fic?

High school fics. Ugh, horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Best in the World View Post
    Lol. Made my day.

This, would of been wonderful in the dub. but it don't matter. =D Hey, is this on the bulba AS page? I can't remember if it is.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon602; 1st May 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

Writer Extrordinaire PichuAuraGuardian18's Avatar

Ugh, I'm far behind, aren't I? I've been busy trying to beat my laziness so I can work on my fanfics and make up for not updating for so long (Which is a losing battle by the way), and I guess that I'd better give my input on these questions.

As an Advanceshipper, what is your favorite Dawn pairing?

I really can't stand most of the Dawn pairings. I don't hate the people that she's paired up with, just the relationships themselves. HeatTagshipping is just scary sounding to me because Conway is really creepy (Although I like him a whole lot better than Harley). I don't really think Twinleafshipping would work because Barry's just too hyper. Cavaliershipping doesn't work well either because Gary has to be a lot older than Dawn. Ikarishipping doesn't sound that much appealing to me either because Paul can be way too serious whereas Dawn is perky. Penguinshipping? Well, I personally think Kenny's kind of annoying. However, I don't mind reading the latter four in Advanceshipping fics. Although, someone needs to do Fortuneshipping, because I think Lucas is kind of cool. At least the way he was portrayed when he battled against Brendan's Rhyperior with his Magmortar in "Giratina and the Sky Warrior."

Do you think Max thinks of Ash and May as a father and a mother?

Uh...I really don't think he thinks that. Maybe Ash as a brother, but not a father.

What is your least favorite type of Advanceshipping fic?

I've gotta say the ones where either the writer puts them together in the few paragraphs of the first chapter (I'm at fault for putting them together too early in PLOU, which is something I regret doing a lot) or when they're having sex all of the time. That just annoys me.

Also, to follow up on what The Shiny Gengar and Itssupereffectiveff have been saying, yes, I started the whole pairing one of the girls from the anime with an OC trend that's pretty popular right now. I guess I'm kind of flattered, but I also kind of want people to come up with their own ideas. I mean, it's okay if you're inspired by a fic, but you kind of also need to think up your own ideas as well. I really only did it because I don't like most of the Dawn pairings. In a way, I somehow seemed to have created a new ship of my OC Gavin and Dawn because there have been a few people who ask me if they can use my OC in their stories to be paired up with Dawn. I will most of the time say yes, but only if they let me monitor their chapters to see if they're doing my OC right. Although, only I can do it completely right.

Okay, I'm starting to get waaaaay off topic, so I'd better stop before I get in trouble. Here's a new topic:

If you pair Ash and May up, will you also pair Pikachu and Glaceon up? Sceptile and Blaziken? Butterfree and Beautifly? Squirtle and Wartortle? Bulbasaur and Venusaur? Etc?

Oh, and I'm glad that you're feeling better, Master-Charizard! I meant to send you some words of encouragement, but I forgot in my busyness! I hope that you continue to feel well!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you want to read any of my fanfics on Fanfiction.Net, here's the link to my profile:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3222928/PichuAuraGuardian18

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

Pichu, I see we have vastly different tastes in Advanceshipping fics.

*coughcoughloveslemonadeifyouknowwhatImeancoughcough*
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

Quote Originally Posted by TanktheAvengineer View Post
    Pichu, I see we have vastly different tastes in Advanceshipping fics.

*coughcoughloveslemonadeifyouknowwhatImeancoughcough*
    Eh, I don't hate them, I just like it when you have the actual aspects of the Pokemon world. You know, like battles, contests, and stuff. That kind of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you want to read any of my fanfics on Fanfiction.Net, here's the link to my profile:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PichuAuraGuardian18 View Post

I've gotta say the ones where either the writer puts them together in the few paragraphs of the first chapter (I'm at fault for putting them together too early in PLOU, which is something I regret doing a lot) or when they're having sex all of the time. That just annoys me.
    Yeah... Aside from Beastmode, I try to stay away from M fictions. lemons aren't my thing... (Please don't kill me, Tank. XP)

Also, to follow up on what The Shiny Gengar and Itssupereffectiveff have been saying, yes, I started the whole pairing one of the girls from the anime with an OC trend that's pretty popular right now. I guess I'm kind of flattered, but I also kind of want people to come up with their own ideas. I mean, it's okay if you're inspired by a fic, but you kind of also need to think up your own ideas as well. I really only did it because I don't like most of the Dawn pairings. In a way, I somehow seemed to have created a new ship of my OC Gavin and Dawn because there have been a few people who ask me if they can use my OC in their stories to be paired up with Dawn. I will most of the time say yes, but only if they let me monitor their chapters to see if they're doing my OC right. Although, only I can do it completely right.
    I've always found it interesting how Gavin has gotten so popular... it's quite strange, you've managed to make an OC that's actually fairly well known among advanceshippers. So good job on that.

If you pair Ash and May up, will you also pair Pikachu and Glaceon up? Sceptile and Blaziken? Butterfree and Beautifly? Squirtle and Wartortle? Bulbasaur and Venusaur? Etc?

Nah... not my thing, I understand what writters are doing with that, trying to reflect Ash and May's feelings through their Pokemon... but pairing them as never been all that great to me. What really irks me is when the writer takes it to the point that Pikachu actually favors Glaceon/Eevee over Ash, that's just stupid. So yeah, I typically don't bother sticking Pokemon pairings in my fics, it doesn't bug me when other people do it though, unless they do what I described earlier.

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

If you don't like M fics, then who am I to judge. If anything, I'm the perverted guy here.

Also, I've pretty much all but decided against doing one of my original ideas for how I'd have the guy who shared my old name, 'Tank' being a character in something I write. If I ever get around to making a fanfiction with Tank the Freaking Aggron in it, he'll probably be in an OC only adventure.

Anyways, yeah, really freaking off topic.

Any of them that have stupid-ass OCs. Seriously, they make me just really goddamn mad.
    OCs that are well written are acceptable, although they sometimes fall under the 'come on, that's obviously just the author masturbating a bit and calling it a story' category that far too many pokemon stories fall under.
    Also, shittily written smut is just unacceptable. If you're going to write smut, please make it readable. I have some standards, people, believe it or not.

Used to. Not anymore. Pairing up pokemenz seems a bit silly now that I think about it.

On a note kind of related to this, as well as my current favourite thing ever, if you put pokemon pairings in Homestuck quadrants, suddenly everyone could be a lot happier (the shippers that is, not the characters). Since none of you likely know what that is, I'll just leave that to myself.
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

Ones that destroy the plot they have. Some sotries don't have plot until later, which doesn't bother me. What does annoy me is when there is a great story going and they just suddenly decied to change it. If your going to change it rewrite the thing, don't keep on going and pretend nothing happened earlier in the fic.

No. I found the reasoning behind it silly, no offense to the people who do like to do that though.
    I do alot of things. The real qustion that you should be asking is if I'm actually good at those things
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FanFiction.net~deviantart~anipan~GPX+~tumblr~pixiv

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Ugh, I'm far behind, aren't I? I've been busy trying to beat my laziness so I can work on my fanfics and make up for not updating for so long (Which is a losing battle by the way), and I guess that I'd better give my input on these questions.

As an Advanceshipper, what is your favorite Dawn pairing?

I really can't stand most of the Dawn pairings. I don't hate the people that she's paired up with, just the relationships themselves. HeatTagshipping is just scary sounding to me because Conway is really creepy (Although I like him a whole lot better than Harley). I don't really think Twinleafshipping would work because Barry's just too hyper. Cavaliershipping doesn't work well either because Gary has to be a lot older than Dawn. Ikarishipping doesn't sound that much appealing to me either because Paul can be way too serious whereas Dawn is perky. Penguinshipping? Well, I personally think Kenny's kind of annoying. However, I don't mind reading the latter four in Advanceshipping fics. Although, someone needs to do Fortuneshipping, because I think Lucas is kind of cool. At least the way he was portrayed when he battled against Brendan's Rhyperior with his Magmortar in "Giratina and the Sky Warrior."

Do you think Max thinks of Ash and May as a father and a mother?

Uh...I really don't think he thinks that. Maybe Ash as a brother, but not a father.

Okay, I'm starting to get waaaaay off topic, so I'd better stop before I get in trouble. Here's a new topic:

Oh, and I'm glad that you're feeling better, Master-Charizard! I meant to send you some words of encouragement, but I forgot in my busyness! I hope that you continue to feel well!
    Gary is the SAME AGE as Misty, May, Dawn, Ash and his other million of rivals. the only ones that aren't are Brock and Cilan (who are 15, old scan of Brock in Corocoro back in '99) of and the other gym leaders and champs (unless said so differently)

I really don't like reading stories about OC's or even when their paired up with a canon character because the author is the only that can see and understand the character fully. I only put OC's when i think it's needed for the story development. I don't do that for my pokemon stories anymore, only for my Kingdom Heart stories though. I mean if your going to add a OC make sure it's good, grabbing and the readers can enjoy and relate to them somehow.

And it also for me, loses that Pokemon anime feeling that i love. I think the last time i placed a OC in my story were the children of Ash and May in Mysterious Stranger and A Stranger's Mystery. And i normally hate reading stories about a pairing's children so i have no idea why i did in mine. =/

So um, to put it all together, putting OC's are a gamble. You have to put them in carefully and think to yourself if it's really necessary to write about another character. And normally half the time of writers normally stuff it up, thus making the story horrible to read or to understand.

Nope, i really am not into PokemonxPokemon pairings. Not my thing.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon602; 2nd May 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

Technically, there are some age differences. It's stated on Bulbapedia that both Paul and Zoey both are a whole year older than Ash. And considering that May was ten when she met Ash, who had already been on his journey for more than a year, which was clearly stated in the Pikachu and Pichu short, and Dawn was ten when she met Ash. It's the same for Trip and Iris as well. Only Misty and Gary are stated as being the same age as Ash, but Misty had a Staryu and a Starmie when she met him, two Pokemon that you wouldn't get without training for a good while. So, yeah, that's proof that there are some age differences, even if the creators of the anime continue to say that Ash is still ten. But, I suppose that people are entitled to their own opinions. Who am I to judge?

To answer my own question, I really only do it with certain Pokemon as necessary, but not to the extremes. Although, I don't really see the whole Sceptile x Blaziken thing, considering that they can't breed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan
    Makes sense. If Ash and May do tie the knot, then Ash'll be Max's brother-in-law. If Max already sees Ash as a big brother, he'd probably want it to be official.
    Yeah! :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Shiny Gengar
    Excellent choice, my friend. XD
    No problem! xD
    I got nothing else to do, so instead, I'll take my time to read some AdvanceShipping Fics! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmoon602
    This, would of been wonderful in the dub. but it don't matter. =D Hey, is this on the bulba AS page? I can't remember if it is.
    Ikr. If only those people who dubbed the English version (Pokemon USA or something like that) didn't change the dialogue for that Episode, It would have ended pretty nice. Plus, we would get to see Ash and May's reaction when Max said that. If only I can actually find the Japanese version for that Episode...

And yeah, you can find those exact words on the Bulbapedia AS page.