Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 324

Page 324 of 494 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Great, everytime someone comes back, we lose someone.

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    There's something I gotta question about that "Roses die. Ribbons last forever." phrase JB has. It's nothing against the phrase or anything, just a case of me thinking too hard whenever I see it, and I've been around since that phrase was first brought out.

It says that roses die, which they always do, no surprise there. But ribbons, on the other hand, are mostly made of synthetic materials, so technically....they've never been alive. So, translating the phrase literally, it's saying that Contestshipping cannot survive by nature, but Advanceshipping was never alive in the first place.
    I've never taken a literal stance on the phrase, rather I feel that by 'roses' is meant by something fleeting, skin (or petal) deep that would eventually wilt. The presence of any romance between the two would be..too soft, decompose too quickly, and finally break down. Their relationship is fragile. The ribbon Ash and May have shared is something that was gained through a coordinated trust and team work, something that won't just disappear if it's tossed around or left in the washing machine.

By 'dying' I think it just means that, yes, the rose will eventually turn brown and all weird smelling, but it could also refer to how much care this rose (relationship) needs, and if its ever trampled on it'll just die. Like, mushed and everything

And now for another topic:

If May was a coconut what would Ash be?

I think Ash should be mango pudding, cuz they compliment each other well
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Expect no mercy Canadia's Best Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post

I've never taken a literal stance on the phrase, rather I feel that by 'roses' is meant by something fleeting, skin (or petal) deep that would eventually wilt. The presence of any romance between the two would be..too soft, decompose too quickly, and finally break down. Their relationship is fragile. The ribbon Ash and May have shared is something that was gained through a coordinated trust and team work, something that won't just disappear if it's tossed around or left in the washing machine.

By 'dying' I think it just means that, yes, the rose will eventually turn brown and all weird smelling, but it could also refer to how much care this rose (relationship) needs, and if its ever trampled on it'll just die. Like, mushed and everything
    Isn't that pretty much what i said earlier?

Caitlin owns. Nuff said. PorahgonX's Avatar

Lol just because someone hasn't been on in 4 days doesn't mean they're gone for good. Vacations, breaks, heck even I sometimes get overwhelmed with stuff and I'm just in High School. Yeah I'm a starter for Varsity sports but still, I usually find time.

Tank though hasn't been here for a while. Oh well until we're 20 pages past his last post I doubt he's actually gone.
    FanFiction
    Most Recent OneShot: A Wishing Flower
    Current Main Focus Story: I Smittened A Supermodel (RaimeiShipping)

AdvanceShipping, RaimeiShipping, SnowballShipping, QuestShipping, and TeenCareShipping.
    Bleh. That was a mouthful XP

Known as Porahgonx, or more simply, Px

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    There's something I gotta question about that "Roses die. Ribbons last forever." phrase JB has. It's nothing against the phrase or anything, just a case of me thinking too hard whenever I see it, and I've been around since that phrase was first brought out.

It says that roses die, which they always do, no surprise there. But ribbons, on the other hand, are mostly made of synthetic materials, so technically....they've never been alive. So, translating the phrase literally, it's saying that Contestshipping cannot survive by nature, but Advanceshipping was never alive in the first place.

I just think the word choice hurts the phrase. If "die" was replaced by "wilt away" or something it wouldn't shoot itself in the foot. Of course, replacing that word would take away from the poetry. Am I the only one who sees this?

But maybe I'm just over-analyzing things. :P
    I believe your just thinking too hard into the pharse, but i think the others have explained well about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    The AS thread on Serebii has taken a serious drop in traffic lately.
    It always is, unless there is news of May appearing in the anime then that place goes crazy.

I DREW SOME ADVANCESHIPPING AFTER MONTHS OF WRITING FANFICS. Lol, might colour this in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PorahgonX View Post
    Lol just because someone hasn't been on in 4 days doesn't mean they're gone for good. Vacations, breaks, heck even I sometimes get overwhelmed with stuff and I'm just in High School. Yeah I'm a starter for Varsity sports but still, I usually find time.

Tank though hasn't been here for a while. Oh well until we're 20 pages past his last post I doubt he's actually gone.
    Agree. Tell that to the fans though that are like stalkers when it comes to waiting for stories to be updated. They.Are.Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
    Where's @GloomyHaruka , where's @Lighting_Raichu , where's @TanktheAggron , and where's @Midnightmoon602 ? Lots of people are coming back, but these four folks haven't been seen…
    I went to London to visit the queen. It explains me absence. XD

I'm glad somebody takes notice of my presence here. I come here for a few days, sometimes i reply, sometimes i don't. Also i got school, Diploma of Graphic Design isn't something i'm going to take lightly. lol. BUT IM HAPPY I AM MISSED. *cries*
    Last edited by Midnightmoon602; 27th March 2012 at 01:32 AM.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

Wow, that's a very good picture. Thanks for sharing!

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

Arrow Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

AdvanceShipper.net, from the looks of it, has an ungodly amount of fuel for activity and popularity, it just needs to be ignited. Its parent board on the other hand has quite a few “matches” to light itself with, but is surrounded by dozens of other equally qualitious boards just like it; I am in quite the sort of dilemma.

Design the ideal/perfect AdvanceShipping wedding!
    One-shot.

Sorry if you don't like or aren't used to the wedding style I used, as the modern Christian ceremony is the only one I'm familiar with.

If you don't know what platinum looks like, it is like a very light silver but with a faint copper tint to it.

It's also been put up on FF.net as my first story there :3. A Simple AdvanceShipping Wedding
    Last edited by AlexTheRose; 27th March 2012 at 04:25 AM.
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

New topic!

Who would be crying the most at Ash and May's wedding?

Delia. She always feels too proud for Ash-y boy. Sometimes I feel bad for the guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Canadia Shipper View Post
    New topic!

Who would be crying the most at Ash and May's wedding?

Delia. She always feels too proud for Ash-y boy. Sometimes I feel bad for the guy.
    Contestshippers everywhere.

Delia. She'd drown everyone.

The Old Guard of ADV JbstormburstADV's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^No question. After all, it's Ash, the boy who's ungodly denseness is pretty darn close to worrying in her POV.
    My Fanfiction Account Page:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1396894/JbstormburstADV

My AdvanceShipping Board:
    http://www.phpbbplanet.com/advevolution

My Super-Awesone Photobucket:
    http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/JbstormburstADV/
    Roses die. Ribbons last forever

Blog Entries

First, though, Ash would ask "What's marriage? Is that something that two friends do when they like each other? Why haven't I married Brock yet? Or Max? We're all great friends!"
    Deadman likes this.

First, though, Ash would ask "What's marriage? Is that something that two friends do when they like each other? Why haven't I married Brock yet? Or Max? We're all great friends!"
    Dude! Ash is smarter than that!

Blog Entries

Honestly, with how dense he is, I'm not quite sure.
    Deadman likes this.

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Honestly, with how dense he is, I'm not quite sure.
    Well lets break it down. Ash knows some depth of death (movie 8) in AG in that Oscar and Andi episode Ash knew what a couple meant. But as in the word 'love' and how to love a friend more than a friend is what Ash has little knowledge of, that is what i believe Ash is dense is in.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

Blog Entries

I wish they would make the anime a bit more... mature. It's almost pathetic how kiddy it is now. Then Ash wouldn't be as dense.