Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 324

Page 324 of 494 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

  1. #4846
    President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    32

    Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Great, everytime someone comes back, we lose someone.

  2. #4847
    Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,473
    Blog Entries
    73

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    There's something I gotta question about that "Roses die. Ribbons last forever." phrase JB has. It's nothing against the phrase or anything, just a case of me thinking too hard whenever I see it, and I've been around since that phrase was first brought out.

    It says that roses die, which they always do, no surprise there. But ribbons, on the other hand, are mostly made of synthetic materials, so technically....they've never been alive. So, translating the phrase literally, it's saying that Contestshipping cannot survive by nature, but Advanceshipping was never alive in the first place.
    I've never taken a literal stance on the phrase, rather I feel that by 'roses' is meant by something fleeting, skin (or petal) deep that would eventually wilt. The presence of any romance between the two would be..too soft, decompose too quickly, and finally break down. Their relationship is fragile. The ribbon Ash and May have shared is something that was gained through a coordinated trust and team work, something that won't just disappear if it's tossed around or left in the washing machine.

    By 'dying' I think it just means that, yes, the rose will eventually turn brown and all weird smelling, but it could also refer to how much care this rose (relationship) needs, and if its ever trampled on it'll just die. Like, mushed and everything

    And now for another topic:

    If May was a coconut what would Ash be?

    I think Ash should be mango pudding, cuz they compliment each other well
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

    ...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

  3. #4848
    Expect no mercy Canadia's Best Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Destroying Team Plasma Base
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post

    I've never taken a literal stance on the phrase, rather I feel that by 'roses' is meant by something fleeting, skin (or petal) deep that would eventually wilt. The presence of any romance between the two would be..too soft, decompose too quickly, and finally break down. Their relationship is fragile. The ribbon Ash and May have shared is something that was gained through a coordinated trust and team work, something that won't just disappear if it's tossed around or left in the washing machine.

    By 'dying' I think it just means that, yes, the rose will eventually turn brown and all weird smelling, but it could also refer to how much care this rose (relationship) needs, and if its ever trampled on it'll just die. Like, mushed and everything
    Isn't that pretty much what i said earlier?

  4. #4849
    Caitlin owns. Nuff said. PorahgonX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Lol just because someone hasn't been on in 4 days doesn't mean they're gone for good. Vacations, breaks, heck even I sometimes get overwhelmed with stuff and I'm just in High School. Yeah I'm a starter for Varsity sports but still, I usually find time.

    Tank though hasn't been here for a while. Oh well until we're 20 pages past his last post I doubt he's actually gone.
    FanFiction
    Most Recent OneShot: A Wishing Flower
    Current Main Focus Story: I Smittened A Supermodel (RaimeiShipping)

    AdvanceShipping, RaimeiShipping, SnowballShipping, QuestShipping, and TeenCareShipping.
    Bleh. That was a mouthful XP

    Known as Porahgonx, or more simply, Px

  5. #4850
    Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia, Victoria
    Posts
    817

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    There's something I gotta question about that "Roses die. Ribbons last forever." phrase JB has. It's nothing against the phrase or anything, just a case of me thinking too hard whenever I see it, and I've been around since that phrase was first brought out.

    It says that roses die, which they always do, no surprise there. But ribbons, on the other hand, are mostly made of synthetic materials, so technically....they've never been alive. So, translating the phrase literally, it's saying that Contestshipping cannot survive by nature, but Advanceshipping was never alive in the first place.

    I just think the word choice hurts the phrase. If "die" was replaced by "wilt away" or something it wouldn't shoot itself in the foot. Of course, replacing that word would take away from the poetry. Am I the only one who sees this?

    But maybe I'm just over-analyzing things. :P
    I believe your just thinking too hard into the pharse, but i think the others have explained well about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    The AS thread on Serebii has taken a serious drop in traffic lately.
    It always is, unless there is news of May appearing in the anime then that place goes crazy.

    I DREW SOME ADVANCESHIPPING AFTER MONTHS OF WRITING FANFICS. Lol, might colour this in soon.




    Quote Originally Posted by PorahgonX View Post
    Lol just because someone hasn't been on in 4 days doesn't mean they're gone for good. Vacations, breaks, heck even I sometimes get overwhelmed with stuff and I'm just in High School. Yeah I'm a starter for Varsity sports but still, I usually find time.

    Tank though hasn't been here for a while. Oh well until we're 20 pages past his last post I doubt he's actually gone.
    Agree. Tell that to the fans though that are like stalkers when it comes to waiting for stories to be updated. They.Are.Crazy.


    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
    Where's @GloomyHaruka , where's @Lighting_Raichu , where's @TanktheAggron , and where's @Midnightmoon602 ? Lots of people are coming back, but these four folks haven't been seen…
    .
    I went to London to visit the queen. It explains me absence. XD

    I'm glad somebody takes notice of my presence here. I come here for a few days, sometimes i reply, sometimes i don't. Also i got school, Diploma of Graphic Design isn't something i'm going to take lightly. lol. BUT IM HAPPY I AM MISSED. *cries*
    Last edited by Midnightmoon602; 27th March 2012 at 01:32 AM.

    Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

    Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

  6. #4851
    Registered User sperance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Wow, that's a very good picture. Thanks for sharing!

  7. #4852
    I'm the scatman! AlexTheRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A sealed tomb
    Posts
    741
    Blog Entries
    53
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

    Arrow Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    AdvanceShipper.net, from the looks of it, has an ungodly amount of fuel for activity and popularity, it just needs to be ignited. Its parent board on the other hand has quite a few “matches” to light itself with, but is surrounded by dozens of other equally qualitious boards just like it; I am in quite the sort of dilemma.

    Design the ideal/perfect AdvanceShipping wedding!
    One-shot.

    Sorry if you don't like or aren't used to the wedding style I used, as the modern Christian ceremony is the only one I'm familiar with.

    If you don't know what platinum looks like, it is like a very light silver but with a faint copper tint to it.

    It's also been put up on FF.net as my first story there :3. A Simple AdvanceShipping Wedding
    Last edited by AlexTheRose; 27th March 2012 at 04:25 AM.
    —AlexTheRose

    The PokéSphere Forums!

  8. #4853
    Expect no mercy Canadia's Best Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Destroying Team Plasma Base
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    New topic!

    Who would be crying the most at Ash and May's wedding?

    Delia. She always feels too proud for Ash-y boy. Sometimes I feel bad for the guy.

  9. #4854
    President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    32

    Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadia Shipper View Post
    New topic!

    Who would be crying the most at Ash and May's wedding?

    Delia. She always feels too proud for Ash-y boy. Sometimes I feel bad for the guy.
    Contestshippers everywhere.

    Delia. She'd drown everyone.

  10. #4855
    The Old Guard of ADV JbstormburstADV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wouldn't You Like To Know...;o
    Posts
    529
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    ^No question. After all, it's Ash, the boy who's ungodly denseness is pretty darn close to worrying in her POV.
    My Fanfiction Account Page:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1396894/JbstormburstADV

    My AdvanceShipping Board:
    http://www.phpbbplanet.com/advevolution

    My Super-Awesone Photobucket:
    http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/JbstormburstADV/
    Roses die. Ribbons last forever

  11. #4856
    President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    32

    Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    First, though, Ash would ask "What's marriage? Is that something that two friends do when they like each other? Why haven't I married Brock yet? Or Max? We're all great friends!"
    Deadman likes this.

  12. #4857
    Expect no mercy Canadia's Best Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Destroying Team Plasma Base
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    First, though, Ash would ask "What's marriage? Is that something that two friends do when they like each other? Why haven't I married Brock yet? Or Max? We're all great friends!"
    Dude! Ash is smarter than that!

  13. #4858
    President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    32

    Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadia Shipper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    First, though, Ash would ask "What's marriage? Is that something that two friends do when they like each other? Why haven't I married Brock yet? Or Max? We're all great friends!"
    Dude! Ash is smarter than that!
    Honestly, with how dense he is, I'm not quite sure.
    Deadman likes this.

  14. #4859
    Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia, Victoria
    Posts
    817

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadia Shipper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    First, though, Ash would ask "What's marriage? Is that something that two friends do when they like each other? Why haven't I married Brock yet? Or Max? We're all great friends!"
    Dude! Ash is smarter than that!
    Honestly, with how dense he is, I'm not quite sure.
    Well lets break it down. Ash knows some depth of death (movie 8) in AG in that Oscar and Andi episode Ash knew what a couple meant. But as in the word 'love' and how to love a friend more than a friend is what Ash has little knowledge of, that is what i believe Ash is dense is in.

    Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

    Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

  15. #4860
    President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    32

    Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

    I wish they would make the anime a bit more... mature. It's almost pathetic how kiddy it is now. Then Ash wouldn't be as dense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •