Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 310

Page 310 of 494 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
    Alroight, lemme run that through Google translate.

Here (Sorry, yes I know Google Translate sucks by hand):

Also, I found a good AMV in a Google search as to why PD+'s site is in Gibberish

Here's the search without all my url preference garbage ;D

Um, DD, mind sharing the anti-ADV/Pearl forum's name? I wish to accompany your laughter with my enthusiasm.
    Loves to travel and loves Ash! ADVANCESHIPPING HINT RIGHT THERE PEOPLES! XD. Man i love May's name, Vera and in Spanish it's Aura. <3 such pretty names. Have you seen some Cs forums? I laugh each time they refuse to see movie nine as a AS hint. lol.

I love that video, i think they played the same music when May and Dawn were versing TR at the Wallace Cup. <3

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The site's all in italian (i'm running chrome so it can auto translate) and it's pretty dead but here:

Die Die Beautiful :: anti advanceshipping & pearlshipping ::

The shipping wars there are hilarious, they think that we think that picture of ash and may kissing is real and debunked it...It's funny if you can translate it xD
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

Arrow Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

My answer to Die Die Beautiful: So we liek AdvanceShipping, why are ya hatin'? Hmph, nothing good ever comes out of something ridiculous like an entire forum board dedicated to hating a couple popular shippings, especially AdvanceShipping and PearlShipping.

And I swear, Haruka's theme is so reminiscent of the three Regi theme from R/S/E, no joke.

Ash is listening to some music and May is sitting by him, wondering what he's listening to. What do you think she will do?

Stretch the headphones over both of their heads and listen in. XD

EDIT: They used the grave accented E (è) in a thread in Anti-ADV/Pearl forum instead of the proper acute accent E (é), so the way the wrote it, it would be pronounced the way parents in the 90s said it, with the long E. Also, I wonder why it was dead, you know? it seemed the head administrator had like 13,000 posts, which is impossible because the board only contains 829 posts total; I think something went a miss.
    Last edited by AlexTheRose; 23rd January 2012 at 01:57 PM.
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Artist
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arttrade__satoharu_piggyback_by_vulpixi_misa.jpg  

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What's even more funny is when they try and debunk movie 9: THEY ONLY MENTION THAT "Everyone was praying for Ash" and Manaphy "sent everyone's prayers to him" even when it's May's face smack right in the center. No mention of Luvdiscs, or how Ash was oh so concerned. I was chuckling mightily when I was reading them.

If you can translate this page, you can see how they're nit picking. Good source of laughs.

AdvanceShipping? Non fateci ridere...

But to get off this topic.

It always struck me as odd how Ash was smiling when he put May into that tube thingy. He knows that he may very well DIE, his eyes even flashed brown. So here's my theory: he's happy because he knows that at least May is safe.

HWEOUFGAOGUOAE <333
    Last edited by DarkDreams; 24th January 2012 at 02:08 AM.
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

Just a question, is Advanceshipping really that popular in Japan? If so...
    HELL YEAH!!!

Anyways, on this whole topic of ragin haterz on the netz, I honestly kind of find it funny. Guys who attempt badly to disprove hints whilst managing to technically disprove their own.
    Makes me chuckle.

Also, sorry for being gone, was busy Homestuckin and Workin on School shit, exams in only a few days D:
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

Blog Entries

Ash is listening to some music and May is sitting by him, wondering what he's listening to. What do you think she will do?

Stick her head reeeeeeeally close to Ash's so she can listen, and wait to see how long until he notices her. (Of course, if he's listening to Aerosmith, that could be a long wait.)
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

Closing statement for DDB?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
    The press, can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems,
    Bringing them into focus;
    Or they can use that magnifying glass,
    to light ants on fire;
    And then perhaps host a week of shows,
    On the sudden flaming ants epidemic;
    Now, who's lighting ants on fire? Their arguments apparently included climbing on mirrors (whatever that may be); here's what Google translate spat out:
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleTranslate.com
    Here, however, prefer not to express myself, because I would probably seem to climb on mirrors. Let this episode the benefit of the doubt, it should be. '
    Also, is there something disturbing about KateRayearth's usertitle? "A lot of love, a lot of blood."

I've been thinking long and hard about this topic, since like page 260 somethin', and I've finally decided to put it out in the open:

What color do you think should represent AdvanceShipping? Specific shades, not plain colors like green or orange ;)
    I think a very rich peach-orange would properly accompany SatoHaru and all that it entails. Like this: █████
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post
    It always struck me as odd how Ash was smiling when he put May into that tube thingy. He knows that he may very well DIE, his eyes even flashed brown. So here's my theory: he's happy because he knows that at least May is safe.

HWEOUFGAOGUOAE <333
    That's typical of anime to do that though, to have the one going off to sacrifice themselves to go off with a smile while interacting with their friends for the final time. It helps reinforce their character. Goku gave a farewell smile to his friends and his son before he sacrificed himself to prevent Cell from destroying the Earth in DBZ, Yugi Moto gave Yami a warm smile when he allowed himself to be sacrificed to the Seal of Oricalchos instead of Yami in Yu-gi-oh, and I'm certain there are others. It's just a common action for the heroes to display during these critical moments; Ash's case wasn't any different.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post

HWEOUFGAOGUOAE <333
    That's typical of anime to do that though, to have the one going off to sacrifice themselves to go off with a smile while interacting with their friends for the final time. It helps reinforce their character. Goku gave a farewell smile to his friends and his son before he sacrificed himself to prevent Cell from destroying the Earth in DBZ, Yugi Moto gave Yami a warm smile when he allowed himself to be sacrificed to the Seal of Oricalchos instead of Yami in Yu-gi-oh, and I'm certain there are others. It's just a common action for the heroes to display during these critical moments; Ash's case wasn't any different.
    Its not just typical of anime, its typical of any story with a damsel in distress. You don't see these types of stories anymore since most writers are wary of putting females in traditional roles for fear of being accused of sexism. But in most older stories, a male potential having to sacrifice himself would be much more willing to do it if it would say the lives of his companions, especially of it was a female companion.

Although that smile can also be seen as Ash saying "Don't worry, I ain't dying and leaving you!" This sort of thing works really well when its implied and not said. Otherwise it just comes off as cheesy unless its done really well. Without those words actually being spoken, the eyes of the character have to show all the emotion. If done well, it creates a really powerful seen which I would say, Movie 9 pulled off. His actual words were only, "Pikachu, take care of them. I have to put this back" or something to that effect.

Note that it isn't always meant to be romantic but we can assume that it could be.

Blog Entries

Hey people, here's a SatoHaru AMV. What is it? This: The YouTube National Anthem. Advancified.

Credit for the making of the video goes to me.

How do you like it? Please tell me what you think of it, and give your honest opinions!
    Last edited by AlexTheRose; 24th January 2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Wow. Talk about a stupid spelling error. And Firefox still doesn't recognize "Advancified".
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

Ash is listening to some music and May is sitting by him, wondering what he's listening to. What do you think she will do? Just ask him what he's listening to lol. Oh and just to ask. Advanceshipping is dying out in fanfiction.net. aside from midnight theres only a few authors still writing stories and seeing that there's still active shippers here, is there anyone planning to write fics in the future? Sorry to go off topic. I'm never on this site.

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    Its not just typical of anime, its typical of any story with a damsel in distress. You don't see these types of stories anymore since most writers are wary of putting females in traditional roles for fear of being accused of sexism. But in most older stories, a male potential having to sacrifice himself would be much more willing to do it if it would say the lives of his companions, especially of it was a female companion.

Although that smile can also be seen as Ash saying "Don't worry, I ain't dying and leaving you!" This sort of thing works really well when its implied and not said. Otherwise it just comes off as cheesy unless its done really well. Without those words actually being spoken, the eyes of the character have to show all the emotion. If done well, it creates a really powerful seen which I would say, Movie 9 pulled off. His actual words were only, "Pikachu, take care of them. I have to put this back" or something to that effect.

Note that it isn't always meant to be romantic but we can assume that it could be.
    Serah from Final Fantasy 13 was a damsel in distressed, Kyrie from Devil May Cry 4 was a damsel in distressed, Yuna was one as well. Yes, they may be from games but it doesn't change the fact the DiD (Damsel In Distressed) are still very popular, yes they might get onto the player's nerves but they are not dying out and i doubt the makers are afraid of the response from the public. There will be more hate againest the male hero of dying himself for the woman he loves or friend in this case. To live in a world without the person you care/love hurts. So I believe there would be more hate againest the male dying than the DiD.

That scene was powerful in movie nine. It showed the bond Ash and May shared. the fact that Ash was willing to put his life on the line to save his friends just shows how important May is to him, but im sure Ash would of done that to anyone, lucky for us it was May. a simple glance from one character to another show the depth and meaning behind what he/she is doing. It shows the determination that whatever they are doing they are doing for the person they are looking at. Sometimes a simple glance can be more powerful then any romantic quote can be presented.

It isn't romantic, the words "Pikachu, take care of them. I have to put this back." but we can assure that May plays a important part in his life. I believe it was the right words for Ash to stay in character. Remember Pokemon isn't the type of show to present heavy romantic moments. except for AG, the romance in the season was strangely stronger compared to OS, DP or BW

Quote Originally Posted by beastmode953 View Post
    Oh and just to ask. Advanceshipping is dying out in fanfiction.net. aside from midnight theres only a few authors still writing stories and seeing that there's still active shippers here, is there anyone planning to write fics in the future? Sorry to go off topic. I'm never on this site.
    If there are 3 CS fics on FF.net in the ''Just In'' area there will be always 1 AS fic as well, either new or updated. It's just when there is a new AS the quality of the writing normally puts most readers off so thus we get this view that AS is dead.

Well I don't this AS is dead, there have been a lot of old AS writers coming back like S.Muffin. One of my fav AS writers.

Oh, Matt will kill me for this but is it true your writing a fic right now or not. His mentioned your name to me a few times.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon602; 26th January 2012 at 12:55 AM.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmoon602 View Post

Serah from Final Fantasy 13 was a damsel in distressed, Kyrie from Devil May Cry 4 was a damsel in distressed, Yuna was one as well. Yes, they may be from games but it doesn't change the fact the DiD (Damsel In Distressed) are still very popular, yes they might get onto the player's nerves but they are not dying out and i doubt the makers are afraid of the response from the public. There will be more hate againest the male hero of dying himself for the woman he loves or friend in this case. To live in a world without the person you care/love hurts. So I believe there would be more hate againest the male dying than the DiD.

That scene was powerful in movie nine. It showed the bond Ash and May shared. the fact that Ash was willing to put his life on the line to save his friends just shows how important May is to him, but im sure Ash would of done that to anyone, lucky for us it was May. a simple glance from one character to another show the depth and meaning behind what he/she is doing. It shows the determination that whatever they are doing they are doing for the person they are looking at. Sometimes a simple glance can be more powerful then any romantic quote can be presented.

It isn't romantic, the words "Pikachu, take care of them. I have to put this back." but we can assure that May plays a important part in his life. I believe it was the right words for Ash to stay in character. Remember Pokemon isn't the type of show to present heavy romantic moments. except for AG, the romance in the season was strangely stronger compared to OS, DP or BW

Oh and just to ask. Advanceshipping is dying out in fanfiction.net. aside from midnight theres only a few authors still writing stories and seeing that there's still active shippers here, is there anyone planning to write fics in the future? Sorry to go off topic. I'm never on this site.
    If there are 3 CS fics on FF.net in the ''Just In'' area there will be always 1 AS fic as well, either new or updated. It's just when there is a new AS the quality of the writing normally puts most readers off so thus we get this view that AS is dead.

Well I don't this AS is dead, there have been a lot of old AS writers coming back like S.Muffin. One of my fav AS writers.

Oh, Matt will kill me for this but is it true your writing a fic right now or not. His mentioned your name to me a few times.
    Depending on which fic hes talking about yeah. I have a few drafted out including my current ones. If its the oneshot, i wont be working on that for a while. Even Matt doesn't know how i can put forth my idea at the moment. its frustrating. And about "Always a Day Too Late" i may have to pm you about that one on fanfiction. As for S. Muffin, she has school so she doesnt update as often just like you but its a blessing whenever i get an alert that ringer and kisses is updated.

As for the other AS authors. Well itssupereffective has already told me about some ideas he has for some fics and Shiny Gengar & Pichu can be counted on to update weekly. Anthoneey has the right idea going on but he has his off chapters too. Advanceshipping4ever...i dont know about him anymore. And ive been talking to Gerbilftw so a new AS fic is likely and Wings Of Rain(Princess of Hoenn) said we havent heard the last from her.

Sorry if i missed anyone but besides them no one really seems too active now. Some of the newer ones ive talked to get discouraged because of reviews...(has happened to all of us)

So i checked out this thread sincethe "Are you loseing hope for advanceshipping?" thread hasnt had posts in a while the question has kind of been anwered that the writers lost hope. So im just wondering if anyone in here is planning on writing one or updating theirs. So yeah just wondering.

and so i wont get my post deleted.
    What color do you think should represent AdvanceShipping? Red and green because of May's bandanna and Ash's hat. Also because it reminds me of Sceptile and Blaziken Battling for the ribbon.

And about die die beautiful. You know she just has too much time on her hands and cant get a guy in the real world going on her forum all day. Haters just expose us more lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmoon602 View Post

I was trying to say that comparing the scene to other instances of the guy putting the female out of harms way and potentially having to sacrifice himself where its often meant as a romantic gesture, we could say that the scene from Movie 9 has romantic context. Doesn't mean the writers meant it but its there.