Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 307

Page 307 of 494 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert23 View Post
    So... I was looking for a fic I was reading (but never finished) some time ago, it was pretty good, it was both Advance/Pearlshipping, something about Ash, May and Dawn going on vacation,while May trying to get Ash and Dawn together.

Don't know why but I recently had the urge to finish it... : / would be awesome if someone here could help me find it, since I don't remember the name.
    That would be Reaching for the Stars by LuciferIX if I'm not mistaken. Reaching for the Stars Chapter 1: The Cloaked Challenger, a pokémon fanfic - FanFiction.Net
    ?

-No Custom User Title- Swampert23's Avatar

Swampert55@ Woah! that was fast, and yeah, that's the one I was looking for, thank you so much!
    Everybody needs something to keep on running:

While some have dreams
    While some have Love
    We just have unhealthy amounts of caffeine.

My DeviantArt

@Swampert23 I believe that the author also made 2 endings for that story. I think the second one is a seperate story though. Also, OMG your R-SRaven from DevianttArt. I'm a huge fan of you artwork.
    I do alot of things. The real qustion that you should be asking is if I'm actually good at those things
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FanFiction.net~deviantart~anipan~GPX+~tumblr~pixiv

/人◕‿‿◕人\ I need the booty GloomyHaruka's Avatar
    Follow GloomyHaruka On Twitter
    Follow GloomyHaruka on Tumblr

@Master-Charizard Hmmm I'd suggest songs.:3 Songs often inspire me and others.~
    @Midnightmoon602 I think you should go for it!!:D And LOL, I was just thinking to myself today that I want to write a song fic too!xD
    @Swampert23 OH. MY. GOD!!!! GFEYHJDWSHJGFYHEDWSGJHFCDNSA. Gonna have a heart attack!!!xD Oh my god!! I love your works!!! <3 I'm a huge fan of them.~ Honestly, you are one of my favourite Pokemon artist's. fffffff. ; 0 ;
    + Banner && icon made by me! +

+DA+Art Blog+FF+Tumblr+Advancers+

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GloomyHaruka View Post
    @Midnightmoon602 I think you should go for it!!:D And LOL, I was just thinking to myself today that I want to write a song fic too!xD
    I didn't say i was going to write a songfic, i have 5 stories to write...at the same time. I said i would make a Advanceshipping and Contestshipping Anime Music Video based on the song He Don't Love You by Human Nature. but i need to wait for Sony Vegas Pro 11 so i can download the free trial.

Oh hi Rav! nice to see your back here. (i keep getting you confused with swampert55. lol.)

Topic time!

Advanceshipping high school/slice of life fan fictions. Do you think they express Advanceshipping in the way you like/they deserve and what are your thoughts about them?

I'm going to be really honest here.

I.Hate.High School.Fan Fictions. with a passion.

Simple because they are really really really preditable. Boring, the pairings (beside advanceshipping.) are preditable, (Poke, Contest, Ikari, Wishful, Oldrival etc.) the characters are way OOC that i find it really hard to even finish the first chapter. Nothing ever happens in the chapters that keeps me hooked or interested. The writing is covered in dialogue of confusion (you don't know who's saying what.) and confusion, you don't know what's happening, who's saying what, what is suppose to happen next etc.

And they seem to get a lot of attention on FF.net because i believe a lot of readers can relate to high school life. And the reviews they get are not even on the story.

Relating to advanceshipping, i wouldn't be trying to read a high school fic if the pairing was advanceshipping, (hard to say from a pokeshipper. XD) but i feel like the author is just ruining Ash and May and what made them so loveable from the anime. "Yeah, lets make Ash a total ass.... and May a total sky nerd with no friends.' that already turns me off simple because its OOC and it's unrealistic in a anime point of view. It doesn't make any sense. I trying not to make it sound like it's the authors fault but if they want to write a succesful high school/slice of life fanfic at least give it depth, emotion and realistic views without changing the characters i/we all love.

I know i'm sounding really mean and cruel but i'm just saying what i think of high school fics. I don't wish to offend anyone who like this type of genre.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon602; 11th January 2012 at 06:03 AM.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

/人◕‿‿◕人\ I need the booty GloomyHaruka's Avatar
    Follow GloomyHaruka On Twitter
    Follow GloomyHaruka on Tumblr

@Midnightmoon602 FFFF. Sorry.; 0 ; School makes me tired so I tend to read things wrong.D; Sorry.~

Advanceshipping high school/slice of life fan fictions. Do you think they express Advanceshipping in the way you like/they deserve and what are your thoughts about them?:
    Actually I don't mind them.xD It all just depends how the author wrote it. I mean, sometimes I'm reading a fic that's based on the regular anime, but I just don't like the story.> . < It's just I guess like you said, confusing, plain, etc.
    For me, the author has to have a REALLY good plot. And for me, the first chapter must be good. Not so much in action and romance, I mean it has to grab my attention. Also, I like a nice introduction. And I also don't like it when the relationship is rushed. I also like drama too.~ But the first chapter must be a good introduction.
    Sometimes I read fics, and the author who wrote it isn't fluent in English. Yet I still like it (depending on the plot).
    Anyway's for me, it all depends. The author has to have a good writing ability. And a plot that I will enjoy.xD So it can be any genre as long as it's an epic plot.
    (Geez I think I must of mentioned plot a million times here.xD)
    + Banner && icon made by me! +

+DA+Art Blog+FF+Tumblr+Advancers+

Oi Im BACK with a blast :D
    Im sry guys school was being annoying.......
    and to answer the topic

Advanceshipping high school/slice of life fan fictions. Do you think they express Advanceshipping in the way you like/they deserve?

no not really because there are no cool pokemon battles

what are your thoughts about them?:

It makes me feel like I'm looking at a derped ash in the unova region......

feels great to be back.......

I'm waiting for the day....the day where you and I can walk together as the closest of friends

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Advanceshipping high school/slice of life fan fictions. Do you think they express Advanceshipping in the way you like/they deserve?

no. They make May way too bubbly or ooc. And Ash is somehow always the "popular" guy or the "loser." I'm just like, no. I rather like IU fanfics, gives it a more realistic touch
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

It makes me feel like I'm looking at a derped ash in the unova region......
    **shields BW Ash**

Not really cuz I don't attend high skool mwahaha, the characters are OOC and the plot's overdone, making it predictable sorta.:B The only exception I guess for expressing AdvanceShipping in a way was reading KAMO The Haruka Show if that's the title; not sure if the author pulled it off but the story was a very fun read and I enjoyed Ash/s denseness throughout the story.XDDDDD

Also from a few pages back, I liked the doujinishi/cute drawings, man it made me forgot about how I enjoyed pdx+'s correct me if I'm wrong on the name, it's hard remembering while being amused at Ash's crush on May in her drawings.X3

Pinkie Pie: Best Pokemon Trainer

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

Arrow Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Absolutely not, and I don't care whether they're AS, PS, non-Poké, or even nonfiction, they don't appeal to me at all, folks. They always tend to lean heavily on being cool, trendy, and focusing people's attention on material possessions, and to be quite frank, I think they're one of the biggest displays of shallow self-mindedness and what holy text would refer to as 'sin' (not that I do or don't believe in it) in the entire human race, IMHO. This is just me—I don't have any problem with people who like this type of material; it's the content itself I dislike. Also, I think Midnightmoon 602 excellently covered the aspect of confusion all over the dialogue — that's another less standing-out point that these fics have IMO.

Also, there was something WTF I noticed today that I haven't noticed ever before, and I think it's rather cool that I have this.
    See, when I joined Bulbagarden, the first Pokémon forum board I ever joined, I happened to have joined on the first anniversary of AdvanceShipping day: November 21st, 2009!~ Isn't that awesome?
    Last edited by AlexTheRose; 11th January 2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Because it's my way, or—hell, my way!
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

@TanktheAggron: Lol thatd be super hilarious if May did that again. Ash would probably be beet red and just have some amazing giberish language x) But in reality he'd be like "OHMAHGAWD THIS IS HEAVEN!!" XD
    Because we all know that he's only being dense to get the ladies ;D
    @GloomyHaruka: Heehee I love seeing little details that can change your perspecgive ^u< I can just imagine Ash's thoughts
    Ash: *weirdaccent*Yesh May, eat thee cookie. Maunch it til it's all gone. Heh. Heh. Heh
    But the scene is still cute nonetheless ^^;
    @Master-Charizard: Well since school has just drained my creativity ;__; only thing I can think of is draw Ash and May celebrating the NewYears.
    Yah not creative at all meh -.-;
    @Speedy_Fox_IV: Lol unfortuantly I've never played(or barely even heard of) Mother3, so sunflowers can be happy yellow flowers in my world ^.~. And thanks for the artisit name, I'll look for it when I have time
    @Midnightmoon602: OMG YOU AMV TOO!?!?!? You have like every "art" thing (draw write et.)eeeep.And eeeepp can't wait for the AMV!! Out of curiosity is your youtubename midnightmoon602?? I want to check out your vids
    @Swampert23: ZOMG OMGOMGOMG!!!! *fangirl squeal* You are so flippin talented and uberly love your works!!!!! :OO

As for high school fics?? Not really. The plot rarely seems strong enough and the whole idea is just super cliche >.<Plus idk how, but they assume just because it's real life highschool doesn't mean you can have Gary beat the crap out of people or have Dawn jealousy x9000 to the max Dx
    Last edited by advance4ev; 13th January 2012 at 03:40 AM.

Banner made by me(:

~Forever an Advanceshipper~

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by advance4ev View Post
    [MENTION=54236]
    @Midnightmoon602: OMG YOU AMV TOO!?!?!? You have like every "art" thing (draw write et.)eeeep.And eeeepp can't wait for the AMV!! Out of curiosity is your youtubename midnightmoon602?? I want to check out your vids
    Yeah, i draw, write and makes AMV's. but my amvs are really..shet. I only make them when i have spare time. Yep, Midnightmoon602, thats me.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

-No Custom User Title- Swampert23's Avatar

Thanks , yeah I'm r-sraven from DeviantArt, known as Swampert23 here and Ash.mx from Serebii. I used to be a huge Advanceshipper back in the old days, and I used to draw Sato/Haru fanarts, you might have seen some of them around the web.

Well in any case, I have lost the interest I used to have for this shipping, almost to the point that I don't care anymore... but honestly, it always put a smile on my face when I see anything related to it and that people is still giving a lot of suport to this shipping, and not only here but the overall advanceshipping fandom.

Here's something for you; I was searching my folders and found an old movie 9 themed artwork I never uploaded:

I guess some people just need a litle push... (and what would be better than May and Ash sharing some screentime in the anime or something? : P) though I'm sure old members like me lurk the forums from time to time to check what's going on with the ship.

So carry on guys, let's hope for the best! : )
    Everybody needs something to keep on running:

While some have dreams
    While some have Love
    We just have unhealthy amounts of caffeine.

My DeviantArt

I always liked AdvancedShipping, although I haven't watched much Hoenn-based episodes.
    I don't mind High school stories, but they are incredibly cliche, boring and predictable. Also, nobody on ff.net are ever going to get that OldRivalShipping is not the same as ConflictingShipping. Nor are much going to get that Blue is not the same person as Gary Oak, that it just looks odd when you have Leaf as the only one from the games and that she sticks out with the odd name (not that I mind her name, I just find it weird putting Ash and Leaf in the same story.)
    I made a high school story once. However, rather than the usual anime based ones, it was a game-based one. The shippings were, if I remember correctly, BurningleafShipping, briefly ConflictingShipping, RedemptionShipping, HeartsoulShipping, RubyShipping, TwinleafShipping, RebelShipping and whatever Cheren x Hilda is. Meanwhile, Wally, Brendan and Blue are FOREVER ALONE.
    I hate stories like that now.

CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Swampert23, I love that picture.XD Thank you for sharing your picture.

@Shadow Victini, welcome aboard in case this is your first time here. BTW Cheren x Touko(Hilda) is called ChessmateShipping IIRC

Pinkie Pie: Best Pokemon Trainer