Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Advanceshipping Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert23 View Post
    That's a nice screenshot

Why do you like AdvanceShipping?

Like most of the fans from the very beginning of Pokemon, I knew that Ash and Misty were meant to be together.It was a fact and no one could deny it, there were no war against other shippings at all. Everything was good, but at some point, Pokemon started to decline and I grew tired of it by the end of Jhoto and left .

Some time later I found that they were realeasing a new game with new pokemon and I liked the character design for the main trainers. But it was my surprise that the girl from the new games would appear in the anime( I saw a pic with Ash wearing his new clothes and this new trainer, and I thought it was fake) and for some odd reason , I liked the idea that she and Ash would make a cute couple and BAM, I converted from Pokeshipper to Advanceshipper even before I watched the first AG episode. ( but, there's no chance that this would happen to me again and convert to other shipping, cause Advanceshipping has been the only shipping I have fully supported ).

So I could say that Advanceshipping was a big part for why I started to like Pokemon again, the introduction of Haruka gave the anime a fresh change. Then the first ep and hints( like May teasing Ash about love) came and I realized that it wasn't only my imagination .As the relationship grew more and more I realized that it actually has good chances of becoming canon, as every other main shipping.

New thread huh? well, let's start posting some
    FANART!

Artist: Me
    Hey! I was almost the same as you :D Except I saw some fanart during a quick internet search of "Ashy May", and converted then (Well, I've never watched Pokemon then so I only knew Misty and Ash).

Love the art. I can only wish to draw like that *-* I love how you got the red thread of destiny into it :D

I also like how it's 'thread' and 'thread' xD
    AlexTheRose likes this.
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

1.because I don't really like Misty. She was too adult for Ash. I think she better with Tracey or Brock. So,it means I don't like pokeshipping

2.and because i don't really like Dawn too. She was too young for Ash and not match with him.

3. I like this shipping when I first saw pokemon advanced generation series. I think, May and Ash look like a good couple, better than Misty. And after that, I realized that this shipping was the cutest one from another shipping. hhe
    I think that the short reason why I like Advanceshipping

What movie would you like to see Ash and May in?

Pokemon movie 13, Zoroark: Ruler of Illusions. It's because it takes Johto's legendary pokemon (Raikou, Entei,Suicune, and Celebi), so I hope that May will appear.Just hope...

and I make some fanart:

(sorry, I can't draw hat..)

and in the previous post(in the older thread) I say that I try to make some banner.Here we are:

(Oops, I think the banner was too big,I will resize it later. ;D)
    as I guess, It became an abstract picture if I edit it. I will be happy if you leave a comment.thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert23 View Post
    Wow!it's great! I always like your picture, Swampert!
    Last edited by bluemanaphy; 18th March 2010 at 08:50 AM.
    AlexTheRose likes this.
    always support Advanceshipping. Forever!

Thank you princess of hoenn
    who has made a very beautiful banner for me

-No Custom User Title- Swampert23's Avatar

Thanks bluemanaphy ! and both your fanart and the banner are really good!, I really like your style and colors on the fanart, and the banner is nicely done too. Keep making more please. xD

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post
    I love how you got the red thread of destiny into it :D
    Thank you! This place ( well... the old Adv thread, but hopefully this too) is great to get ideas for fanart and fanfics I guess xD.

You know what they said about it, "the thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." I think it fits SatoHaru in a way...
    Last edited by Swampert23; 18th March 2010 at 04:20 PM.
    AlexTheRose likes this.
    Everybody needs something to keep on running:

While some have dreams
    While some have Love
    We just have unhealthy amounts of caffeine.

My DeviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluemanaphy View Post
    1.because I don't really like Misty. She was too adult for Ash. I think she better with Tracey or Brock. So,it means I don't like pokeshipping

2.and because i don't really like Dawn too. She was too young for Ash and not match with him.

3. I like this shipping when I first saw pokemon advanced generation series. I think, May and Ash look like a good couple, better than Misty. And after that, I realized that this shipping was the cutest one from another shipping. hhe
    I think that the short reason why I like Advanceshipping

Pokemon movie 13, Zoroark: Ruler of Illusions. It's because it takes Johto's legendary pokemon (Raikou, Entei,Suicune, and Celebi), so I hope that May will appear.Just hope...

and I make some fanart:

(sorry, I can't draw hat..)

and in the previous post(in the older thread) I say that I try to make some banner.Here we are:

(Oops, I think the banner was too big,I will resize it later. ;D)
    as I guess, It became an abstract picture if I edit it. I will be happy if you leave a comment.thanks.

Wow!it's great! I always like your picture, Swampert!
    I like both the picture and the banner, bluemanaphy! So cute ^_^
    AlexTheRose likes this.
    one day after another

Clarii, Swampert, thanks.. The compliment make me wanted to make a new fanart and banner. Hehehe

Rrrr... Someone have a topic?
    AlexTheRose likes this.

Blog Entries

Love your fanart BlueManaphy! It's so cute <33

Topic?

If May makes another camo (Small or big)in DP, what kind of hints would she bring?

I'm hoping that she'll be watching Ash's league with or without her family. I mean, if Max suddenly said " Why don't you go and travel with Ash again? It's nice seeing you together!" And May blushes a bit, then hey! I'll be happy. If May watches it alone, i'm hoping she'll take out her ribbon...:D
    AlexTheRose likes this.

If May makes another cameo (Small or big)in DP, what kind of hints would she bring?

I'm hoping that she'll be watching Ash's league with or without her family. I mean, if Max suddenly said " Why don't you go and travel with Ash again? It's nice seeing you together!" And May blushes a bit, then hey! I'll be happy. If May watches it alone, i'm hoping she'll take out her ribbon...:D
    I totally agree with this. More importantly, if she takes out her ribbon, I want to see Ash do it also, as a sort of connection/remembrance thing. Maybe Ash could ask for guidance from it, I dunno. Any of that would make me happy.

I'd do a happy dance if I learned May was coming back for a journey, though that's got a very, very low chance of happening. Still mildly hopeful, just like how some are hopeful Misty will come back.
    Two Halves Make a Whole
    Thank you ★ ★ Princess of Hoenn!

Blog Entries

PIC..!

From here

:D It's a cute sketch
    AlexTheRose likes this.

To answer my own topic:

I would say Sherlock Holmes, the Star Wars series, Lady and the Tramp or any of the Indiana Jones films.

To answer the newest topic:

If May makes another cameo (Small or big)in DP, what kind of hints would she bring?

If May made another cameo in Diamond and Pearl, she would be watching Ash's Pokemon League competition with her family and taking out her half-ribbon. Max would inadvertantly jump in and say, "I always knew you and Ash would end up together!", causing May to continue watching Ash's league competition from her room without any interference from Max(with her half ribbon, of course).
    AlexTheRose likes this.

Well, I think a brief scene of May watching either Ash's league challenge or Dawn's grand festival would be good, and her holding her ribbon-half would be a really nice bonus for Advanceshipping.

On the other hand, since I'm greedy, it'd be nice for May to return for a rematch with Dawn at the end of DP (when Ash and co presumably head to Pallet Town), and see her there for a couple of episodes. That way we'd have interaction between the two of them, and it'd just be plain awesome (another ribbon-joining scene, or perhaps a scene of the two of them taking a walk through Terracota Town and reminiscing of their battle of love). Oh, so many possibilities!

Swampert/Ash.mx, your artwork is super-awesome, as always. I was wondering where you went but I'm glad to see you're still proudly flying the Advanceshipping flag. You and Buster are definitely two of my most admired fanartists.

bluemanaphy - great artwork! I really love the expression you gave May; it really captures both her coy demeanour around Ash and a sense of excitement. Keep up the good work and please share with us if you do more!

DarkDreams, that's an awesome sketch you found. How the heck did you find that? Does the artist have any more? It's super cute!

Blog Entries

Ahh, practice ^^" You just type in the respective Japanese name (in Katakana) and put in little things such as "Ribbon", "pokemon" and all that stuff
    AlexTheRose likes this.

I am Kamina-Sama Shadow The Umbreon's Avatar

wow shame about the old thread huh?

anyway on topic
    what movie would you like to see Ash and May in?
    i would have to say sticking to the pokémon movies- Giratina and the sky warrior becuase i realy think may would shine in that film and i think the cuase of Shaymins bitching in that movie was becuase (no offenses to saymin and dawn fans!!!!) Dawn kept incouraging it like a small child will missbehave if you incourage said behavior.
    While i think May would actualy cure Shaymin of the bad behavior ( i mean she did good with Manaphy so why not?-not that Manaphy was behaving bad anyway!)and i would just like to see it realy
    AlexTheRose likes this.
    you can find me at FF.net account here

i'm a true blue Advanceshipper with no chance of being converted so don't bother tryinging

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Love your fanart BlueManaphy! It's so cute <33

Topic?

If May makes another camo (Small or big)in DP, what kind of hints would she bring?
    Thanks Dd!

And for the topic, maybe she will appear in Sinnoh League. She will cheering up for Ash if he lose the League. And she will say "don't worry, Ash.. Even you lose in this match, you still be the winner in my heart forever. I think our ribbon say it too." And two of them blush. But I think Satoshi Tajiri can't make that kind of story,ya.. It's children's cartoon! Aaaargh!! >O<
    AlexTheRose likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluemanaphy View Post
    Thanks Dd!

And for the topic, maybe she will appear in Sinnoh League. She will cheering up for Ash if he lose the League. And she will say "don't worry, Ash.. Even you lose in this match, you still be the winner in my heart forever. I think our ribbon say it too." And two of them blush. But I think Satoshi Tajiri can't make that kind of story,ya.. It's children's cartoon! Aaaargh!! >O<
    Maybe if we wish hard enough..:D

Screeny!

Ash has a dumb smile on his face when he holds hands with May xD
    AlexTheRose likes this.

The Old Guard of ADV JbstormburstADV's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, obviously, she'll have the ribbon. And before we get to other things, YES, it is a hint. Ribbons have much greater significance in Japan, even more so than roses (which I believe is mostly Western influence), and in fact, the way the ribbon was gained makes it close to what a hankerchief often signifies (more on that later...)

As for other things, I also think May will make a cameo during the Sinnoh League Conference, and will be cheering for Ash. And the rest, I guess, we'll have to find out...
    AlexTheRose likes this.
    My Fanfiction Account Page:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1396894/JbstormburstADV

My AdvanceShipping Board:
    http://www.phpbbplanet.com/advevolution

My Super-Awesone Photobucket:
    http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/JbstormburstADV/
    Roses die. Ribbons last forever

Page 3 of 494 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast