Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 295

Page 295 of 494 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Is PDXplus making new pics? Those pics are the best of alls. I always wonder how she (or he) makes them. Pure talent and experience, perhaps.

How would Ash and May dress for Christmas? Why (if possible)?

They'd dress up as Santa Claus. Mr. Claus and Mrs. Claus - giving out presents 'round the neighbourhood merrily.

Kid: "Gimme a shocking present, Santa."
    Ash: "Pikachu, give him an Electro Ball."
    Kid: "I'm outta here..."
    Pikachu: "Pika...CHU!"

Nah, they'll go skiing and snowballing until night falls.

/人◕‿‿◕人\ I need the booty GloomyHaruka's Avatar
    Follow GloomyHaruka On Twitter
    Follow GloomyHaruka on Tumblr

Hmm I don't know, I sometimes like a darker plot.
    I know it gets annoying for either Drew or Misty to be constantly portrayed as the worst characters ever. But I also find it annoyingly cheesy when all characters are good but one is just considered a jerk. (Hard to explain there...)
    Meaning, everyone is a good person but some have a few exceptions.
    It's interesting to see much darker plots, then again this coming from a person who loves gore and CreepyPasta's. ._.
    And I also do have to admit, I'm not a big fan of OC's being put in fanfics. Even though I have a few.xD SHOT.
    Well it depend's on the writers ability. If they suck, well....
    But anyway, weather they're bad or good I'm still happy to see Advanceshipping is alive. c: I mean, I seriously get happy when I see people still creating Advanceshipping related things.~
    And I have to agree with Alex, we have the best fanart.xD
    How would Ash and May dress for Christmas? Why (if possible)?:
    HUFJCRUYRHDEFEIUKJ
    This topic is bringing the girly in me!~8D
    I'VE GOT TO DESIGN A DRESS AND TUX FOR THEM NOW.~ TEEHEE.
    So I'll answer this topic another time.> u >
    Oh and since we're headed to fanart and fanfic discussion's here a new topic.
    What are some of your favourite advanceshipping artist's/writers/AMV makers/graphic designer's/etc.?:
    ~Atharple
    ~AngelYoshi119
    ~Silvermoon602
    ~Satoshi-Vampire190
    ~Endless-Summer181
    ~MrJRussell87
    And those other very famous advanceshipping artist's.xD
    This is all I can remember.; n ;
    EDIT: Oh and Zeaeevee. (Or whatever it is. ._.) And a few other AMV maker's (here on BulbaGarden), I just can't remember the usernames.; n ;
    But I'm not to crazy about amv's at times, but some are just incredible!~
    I like the ones that are directed well. c:
    + Banner && icon made by me! +

+DA+Art Blog+FF+Tumblr+Advancers+

Blog Entries

May would dress up as a sexy miss santa suit,
    Ash would dress up as Machamp.

They would give each other secret santas :)

CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Max turned into a baby,how would May and Ash take care of him?
    Well this is a fun-looking topic, it reminds me of a commercial that I saw about the little kid throwing a tantrum and also the one from Family Guy when Brian was trying to make that annoying baby to shut up.XD

How would Ash and May celebrate Christmas?
    Their Christmas celebration would be full of havoc...esp. when Pikachu's been sipping on the eggnog and wants to get the goodies if you know on what i mean...:wink:

Ash would dress up as your usual mall Santa, red suit, white beard and a hat and his job is to sit on a chair and has to let little kids to be on his lap and tell them about their wishes. Then May, wearing in her usual winter attire, was walking w/ Dawn and sees that there are little kids waiting in line. May wanted to be part of the line, making Dawn to questioned her antics of doing so since she was too old to be there...May responded "Oh for something" with a smirk smile, causing Dawn to facepalm as she realized of the obvious, pulling Santa's beard thus humiliating the unfortunate guy. There May was impatient to be waiting in such a long line so she decided to tell Dawn to call out Mamoswine to scare away the little kids, Dawn refused since it'll be mean but May uses her puppy-dog attack which was SUPER EFFECTIVE so Dawn calls out Mamoswine and did according to plan. The little kids who were in line ran away screaming b/c they were scared of the Mammoth Pokemon, Ash didn't know on what was going on and before he called out Pikachu, he notices that May was on his lap. Feeling slightly uncomfortable that a girl his age would be sitting on his lap, Ash sighed and decided to hear on what the troublemaker wants for Christmas, then May responded that she wants to check if he was real, Ash raised a brow to interpret to what she was saying "so you want to know if I'm real, little girl?" May nodded "HECK YEAH AND IT'S STARTING RIGHT NOW!" w/ a mighty tug, she pulls off the beard and was surprised to see Ash in the red, Ash grew angry as a result that his beard was removed thus he said May's name as loudly as he can, flaying arms and all, he gave chase to the unfortunate girl who didn't knew that her friend would be a mall Santa. Dawn watches the scene as her best friend is getting chased by her crush, she rolled her eyes on the outcome yet let out a roar of laughter until a security guard comes plants his hand on her shoulder "Okay miss, I'll have to arrest you...", Dawn heard those words and looks back with a WHAT? The security responded "Yeah you heard me, you've been causing chaos with your Pokemon scaring away those children." Dawn pleaded that it wasn't her fault that she made the kids run around to their mothers and it was her friend who planned it, but to the security's belief, he didn't give a damn on who started so he took Dawn w/ him to an office.

BTW @GloomyHaruka, thanks for mentioning me as one of your favorite artists although I only have been following in other artist's footsteps...
    Last edited by ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~; 15th December 2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Adding more chunks to my post

Pinkie Pie: Best Pokemon Trainer

@DJ Rabid Otter no problem at all.xD
    Not at all, I love your art.:3
    I saw your advanceshipping fanart when I was (much) younger, and I was like 'oh em god! dare's other peoplez who likes ash and may as a couple!? YEAH!:D'. Now you can imagine I was pretty young.> u >
    Okay I'm 16 now, and that was almost maybe 5 years ago?xD
    You were one of the Advanceshipper artist's on DA that inspired me to make a DA account.xD
    I DON'T SOUND CREEPY, OKAY.D;
    And many artist's are like that. I'm CONSTANTLY trying to improve my art. And I get inspires by A LOT of artist's.xD You have no idea how many.xD
    So I see one little detail from one artist, and if I like it I may adapt it to my drawings. And then later I may not like it, so I choose something else.
    And I'll keep doing it until I found just the right type of drawing that suits me.~
    (I better get there fast, I want to draw manga's.D:<)
    LOL.
    Okay I'm HORRIBLE at explaining things.xD
    Anyway, point is I love your art. c: It's also sort of nostalgic in a way viewing your art. Which is nice.; u ;
    And so is Advanceshipping, so nostalgic.~~
    NEW THREAD. FDUERW8URHJ
    Is Advanceshipping nostalgic for you?:
    YES!! EHGDFEHDEUBDJND
    Because it sort of reminds me the (good) parts of my childhood. c: And trust me, I don't have very many so it's nice.xD
    It reminds my days on the net. It may not seem much, but it was extremely important for me. Reminds me those times I snuck around (and still do) looking at Advanceshipping related things.xD And when I had my site.~

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not really, I only started Pokemon-ing 2-3 years ago...But heck, it reminds me of the times where I watched all of the Original series and AG...Good memories
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

@GloomyHaruka, that's great to hear, I never knew that but now i know.:3 I just want to keep the AS spirit active which is why i wanted to join.:03 Several ppl did the same thing in a way to see my works... Rather than relying on art skill, I would just focus on humor and creativity.:P

What are some of your favourite advanceshipping artist's/writers/AMV makers/graphic designer's/etc.?:
    -MrJRussell87
    -Midnightmoon602
    -agufanatic98
    -Atharple
    -Mewsoul/Ryuseisoul( idk if that's the correct name)
    -Cybercubed

Maybe b/c AdvanceShipping reminds me about how great Advanced Generation was (back when it was airing on KidsWB) and making me want to believe Ash is the right one for May as May was the right one for Ash.:D It also introduced me to the internetz but I grew many dilemmas over the years concerning my college work...

Pinkie Pie: Best Pokemon Trainer

Is Advanceshipping nostalgic for you?

Not really, since I stopped watching when AG series started until BW series when I start to catch up the rest. I miss the original series more - the time when I share my childhood with my brothers, before we develop other interests.

@DJ Rabid Otter Advanceshipping is great.xD People who are Advanceshippers rock.:3 And LOL.xD When I got into Advanceshipping, it's also when I was introduced to the internet. c:
    It's great to be a nerd at times.; u ;
    (Did I just admit that?)
    And @xLolPanda awww that's so cute. c:
    And I liked the original series as well, but I loved the Advanced generation 10x more.~ It wasn't because of only Advanceshipping but a lot of new features were introduced.~ But the original series is just as important as the AG series. c: Such memories.~

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Kind of. Though most of us aren't nearly old enough to know true nostlagia. We'll only know what it truely is once we are all middle-aged.

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TanktheAggron View Post
    I have the same opinion of Drew. Sure, I hate the character. But I also hate making him a rapist or anything of the like. Mind you, I do also hate when they start off with him far too close to May, since it then seems a little... bleh. I honestly prefer him as a jerkwad with a heart of gold, and as a bit of competition for Ash. Misty also, despite what she seemed like in one movie, doesn't seem like she'd be jealous of a person who is legitimately her friend. As such, I prefer a more neutral stance on characters for rivals, only if its AU do I really mind any such major personality changes, or if something happened in their life recently (like, let's say, Drew losing a few Grand Festivals in a row, and losing his over-confidence, instead being more simply confident in his abilities, but knowing when to back down). Regardless, there are far too many crappy fanfics.
    Well i try not to make Drew no a A**hole in my stories simply because it just isn't right. Some people tell me why i add Drew into my fics because they hate him with a passion, look the guy did nothing wrong to them so i have no idea why they really hate him. I want to get rid of the Drew that is viewed as a total jerk and rapist, i mean thats going way to far.

And oh, don't let me start with Misty and Dawn. their so OOC like that its not funny nor is it to read. sometimes i question the writer's state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TanktheAggron View Post
    You know what I hate? (Yes, I know, another rant)
    Bad fanfics. Especially Advanceshippy ones, since I read a lot of those. As such, whenever I see one with terrible writing, Mary Sues all over the place, or things that are completely unnecessary (I won't mention what it was in the most recent one I read, but it made me somewhat... peeved... to say the least), I just lose a bit more hope in humanity.
    /endshortrant
    I so agree, it so hard to find decent advanceshipping fics without looking away from it without finishing reading it, ah it so hard for me to find inspiration for my writing because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GloomyHaruka View Post
    @Midnightmoon602 urgh I know I talk to much.xD
    Anyway, thank you so much for you advice.; u ;
    And I have the movie as well.; u ;
    Yeah, I think it had something to do with the tunnel and those bracelets as well.
    I think I saw a picture of a different scene of May and that other girl (the one with the same bracelet. I forget her name...) and they looked very scared/concerned.
    I saw the movie a bunch of times, and I still wonder what that scene was...
    AND I WANT THE MANGA.
    I can't find it anywhere online to read!; n ;
    I found a copy on Amazon, but I'm not sure if it's translated....
    Anyway, when I get the money I'll get the manga. If I do, I can scan a few pages and share it with you all. c:
    There was one moment in the manga where May thinks Ash is dead, she holds Pikachu and starts to cry and says "Ash can't leave us like that."

I have no idea why it isn't considered a hint, god, i have to ask LuciferIX if he can link it to me the manga again.

Endless-Summer181
    Suzu
    PD+
    MrJRussel87
    Atharple
    R-SRaven
    LuciferIX
    WingsofRain
    GloomyHaruka

And i see my name when people answered this topic, oh whyyyy, i don't deserve to be mentioned.

I'm a writer for four years yet i fully don't understand this word, oh the disadvantage of being asian.

Yes, in a way but i'm a little too young to really to answer that fully. (i'm making no sense now.)
    Last edited by Midnightmoon602; 16th December 2011 at 08:37 AM.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Ah Drew the Rapist. We've been through this but I'll say it again: Thats wrong on so many levels. Fanfic writers turning him into a rapist almost always comes across as a sad attempt at drama. This is the one major flaw of May's Crush.

All the possibilities. TanktheAvengineer's Avatar

I agree. Again, as much as we may greatly dislike the character, for whatever reason each one of us may have, I think that it's the general concensus that, at the very worst, Drew is a bit of a charmer who only wants in it for the fact that he wants in her pants. Even that's pushing it. Overall, the worst I like seeing Drew as is a snobby bugger who is actually a good friend of May, or at least a friend.

Since we seem to be on the general topic of fanfiction, I also kind of dislike when, in a story not just made to be Advanceshippy, the pair gets together a little too fast. In my honest opinion, I think that the story that pulled it off the best was 'Two of the Kind' (although I do believe that the author is no longer an Advanceshipper, correct me if I'm wrong). It took around 25ish chapters before they got together, and as such, there was plenty of build up (and a lolzy scene where Ash accidently... you know what, I'm not going to spoil it. I'll just say shower, and people who read it before should be able to catch my drift).

Either way, better get to work on my own fanfics now! :P
    The person formerly known as 'TanktheAggron'

In terms of Pokemon Shipping:
    Advanceshipper here!

I've never been one for more romantic stuff. I'm more of the 'perverted guy' type of shipper. 8]
    Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

My Fanfiction - All stories about to get nuked. God I was an awful writer.

@Midnightmoon602 YHUEIFYEU9EWEJIW can you please send me the link through PM when you get it?; 0 ; I've been wanting to read the manga for so long.D; But that scene also happened in the movie as well.~ :3
    @TanktheAggron yes I agree with you on the 'too fast' part. It's so annoying.> . > Or I especially hate it when they're already a couple from chapter 1. I'm like HOW DID THEY GET TOGETHER!?o:< I like build up. c:
    But like I stated before, I don't mind characters being portrayed like that. It just depends on the story plot. Honestly, I think it just depends on how good the writer can produce this type of scene/atmosphere.
    But anyway, that's just my philosophy.xD
    Plus I'm sort of writing a fanfic that will be ehm, having that sort of scene. o 3 o
    It's not so much he's like 'oh mah gawd I'm gonna rape her'. He just got too far, ehm anyway's I wont ruin the story because I haven't posted the whole thing yet.> . > Plus it may be inappropriate for this thread. If it is, my apologies.~

blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar

Almost the holidays everyone! I hope you all are having a wondeful week :) Shall we get some Advanceshipping gifts rolling then? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmoon602 View Post

Endless-Summer181
    Suzu
    PD+
    MrJRussel87
    Atharple
    R-SRaven
    LuciferIX
    WingsofRain
    GloomyHaruka

And i see my name when people answered this topic, oh whyyyy, i don't deserve to be mentioned.
    uwahh, you're so sweet midnightmoon <3 but really, i don't deserve to be mentioned as much as you do! You're such a great artist and wonderful fanfic writer, not to mention really nice :)

Is Advanceshipping nostalgic for you?

Extremely. That, and the entire Gen III bit - especially r/s/e and just thinking about the Hoenn region. Advanceshipping is timeless :) <3

It would be so adorable if they both dressed up as angels <3 Imagine the indignation on Ash's face, then the blush he gets when he sees how pure and beautiful May looks ;)

hahha, or they can just play in the snow, make snow angels, and then drink hot chocolate by a warm fire :)

...I actually have this interesting idea that's been forming in my head lately though. What if we did some sort of Advanceshipping pollyanna? Like, each person prepares a fanfic/fanart/banner/fanvid/anything and gives it to a certain recipient on the thread? I dunno, it's just an errant idea, but it would be awesome if we could do something like that :)

/once-in-a-blue-moon-post
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account