Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 256

Page 256 of 494 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

I am Kamina-Sama Shadow The Umbreon's Avatar

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Are there any other Shippings you support?
    Hmm there are a few but none the less like Gazmof said i too am rather picky with any ship i tie myself too-it has to have grounds and a logic to it-but i have to say AS is proably the one i would fight for should another Flame war were to rear it's ugly head-
    Powers forbid!
    but in pokemon unrelated i also support Phoenix+Maya from Ace Attorny, Tai+Sora from Digimon Adventures(Grumbles about the 02 ending not being concrete proof) Naruto+Hinata from..Naruto and Jimmy/Conan+Rachel from Case Closed just to name a few...*sheepish grin*

If Advanceshipping were one word, which would it be and why?

Strength or Safety
    Ash and May are each others rocks through out the serise and it really shows and is increadbly heartwarming to see such chemistry between the two.
    Ash also goes out of his way many times to keep May safe and also jumps into cituations of certin doom to save her-so i would use either of those two words to describe AS.
    you can find me at FF.net account here

i'm a true blue Advanceshipper with no chance of being converted so don't bother tryinging

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Hoenn View Post
    *waves back* A pleasure to have you join our thread S. Muffin :) I wish you a warm welcome - please, enjoy your stay, and may the advanceshipping spirit always be with you :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Advanceshipping FTW View Post
    Welcome to the tread S. Muffin. ...(!=D) Wait one min, are you the S. Muffin on Fanfiction.net?
    Yes, I am :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting_Raichu View Post
    Sweet, we have a new member. Welcome S. Muffin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow The Umbreon View Post
    Welcome S.Muffin and i hope you enjoy your time here.
    Thanks, everyone!

Now to answer a couple of topics:

I think I would go with "encouragement" since Ash and May are both supportive of each other's goals and decisions and want to see each other succeed. I always loved watching how Ash would cheer for May in her Contests, especially when he would shout advice to her during her matches or the way he would cheer her up if she lost or was feeling discouraged for whatever reason.

What is your favorite Advanceshipping 'phrase', and why? If you can, try posting some screenshots or pics that illustrate your phrase! Or, even better, create one yourself!
    I don't know if this counts, but there's a quote that I really like that I think can be applied to Ash and May's situation.

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time."

A force to reckon with! Advanceshipping FTW's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S. Muffin View Post
    Yes, I am :)
    SWEET! *is huge fan*

No, really, I just have to say natural. I know it has been stated before many time, but to me, Advanceshipping is just so NATURAL. So are the other ones I support (mostly). And that is why I like it. If it was real life, i would have the best long term chances of working out, IMO.
    My FF.net account: http://www.fanfiction.net/~advanceshippingftw
    My FicionPress account: http://www.fictionpress.com/~theshockmarine

My Motto: There is no such thing as an indestructable tank, an unsinkable ship, an impenetrable fortress. Everything has a weakness, no matter how small. Find and attack it!

Blog Entries

Ashay

blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar

Okay...to answer some of my own topics...

If Advanceshipping were an art (music/writing/painting etc), which would it be and why?

Though I would like to say all three (because it's true - the ADV fanbase has so many beautiful fanvids/fanfics/fanarts), I think Advanceshipping is most like a painting - where all the colors blend to make a lovely masterpieces worth more than a thousand words :) [just look at the way Ash and May look at each other - there are no need for words, but just the picture itself]

If Advanceshipping were a food/drink, what would it be and why?

Cookies and milk. Because, though separately they are already amazing, when together, they are even better. Complete <3

Perfect

Oh, so it's been a while, but I've made another banner - the first one I've ever attempted using GIMP!

erm.... :/

so, obviously, I need more practice. And some luck. I'll keep trying...I'll eventually make something worthwhile without photoshop....:)
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

Registered User Lighting_Raichu's Avatar

Awesome banner Princess, u r seriously talented. I dont think it matters if u have photoshop or not, the banner came out great.

If Advanceshipping were an art (music/writing/painting etc), which would it be and why?

I have to agree with u Princess its all three, I identify Advanceshipping with music just as much I identify it with painting. In music all the different sounds the instruments would be like the colors of a painting working together in harmony. Sometimes u don't need lyrics to get a sense of a composer's feelings and there many songs that remind me of Advanceshipping.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Winston Churchill

^ thanks Lightning_Raichu :) That means a lot to me~

I bring screenshots! Because they make the ADV spirit in me quite happy and melty~

Depositing another banner as well:

All right, I think I'm finally getting the hang of GIMP now :)
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

Wow! Those are soem great banners and screenshots, Princess!

Now, one of the topics:

Harmony
    Because it means; A pleasing combination of elements in a whole, and I just think that sums up Advancshipping.

Sorry, not very good at things like this!

Your two new banner are great Princess, love them. Same goes to the screenshots.

From which episode/movie this screenshot came from ? (I think it's from movie 7 but I'm not sure.)

Now, to answer the different topics

Like for Princess and Lightning_Raichu, I think all three represent Advanceshipping on their own way. Some 'light' lyrics and theme for the music, colors which gave us a feeling of harmony and happiness for the painting and so on.

If Advanceshipping were a food/drink, what would it be and why?

Anything which can be mix together and give something really tasteful.

I will go with something like blue or sea because Ash wears mostly blue, May's eyes are blue like sapphire and, also, because of movie 9 and Manaphy.
    Last edited by AnyaHeart; 1st August 2011 at 07:41 AM.

Advanceshipping Fanfiction: Legends of Aura: The Lost Kingdom
    Current Status: Chapter 7 Posted

awww, thanks you guys :)

@AnyaHeart - I believe it's Movie 7, though I never quite caught that part. Cute screenshot nevertheless ;)

Wonder who he's looking at ;)

New topic?

Do you think Ash and May keep in touch through phone? (After all, in Our Cup Runneth Over, May did call Ash...) If so, construct a little scene of a phone conversation you'd like to see between them, or write a cute one of your own!

I always loved how May gave Ash a call in that episode - gave me irrationally warm fuzzies inside :) I like to run away with my imagination a bit for that part, so yeah :)

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Wonder who he's looking at ;)
    I know what part of that certain 'who' he is looking at. ;D

There I go with the innuendo. Damn I gotta stop before I destroy the minds of all you young kids.

Great screen shots and banner POH they are really good!

Do you think Ash and May keep in touch through phone? (After all, in Our Cup Runneth Over, May did call Ash...) If so, construct a little scene of a phone conversation you'd like to see between them, or write a cute one of your own!

I reckon so personaly-if not why have his number?

Well that's my writng carrer over before it began but anyway theres my take on the phonec call if it happend with recent events.

i'm a true blue Advanceshipper with no chance of being converted so don't bother tryinging

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Registered User Lighting_Raichu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow The Umbreon View Post
    Great screen shots and banner POH they are really good!

I reckon so personaly-if not why have his number?

Well that's my writng carrer over before it began but anyway theres my take on the phonec call if it happend with recent events.
    That was a very sweet scenario Shadow. Iris has the worst timing :P
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Winston Churchill

Wonderful scenario Shadow, don't put yourself down :) I thought it was quite realistic. And adorable of course~ How we wish would see something like that actually happen in the show...

mmm, I'd answer my own topic with a mini-scenario as well, but I'm just passing by for now - I'll answer later :)

@Ranger - ah, you've made me laugh again, blatantly true as the statement is~ What would we do without you and your innuendoes? ;)

Anyway, I guess some important news:

I'm starting up the ADV website idea again. And I'm planning to follow through this time (now that my schedule is slightly freed up). As you can see from my new siggy, I have created a little button for our site, and it's called 'Hope for Advanceshipping'. I'm very willing to change the name though if anyone has any other better names they would like to voice :) I just created the site (on wordpress) yesterday, so there isn't much going on yet, but I'll work on it, promise :) If anyone has anything they would like to suggest for the site, please let me know! and, if you could, put the site button on your own siggy so we can advertise! LOL...

Here are my basic endeavors for the site:

- The largest collection of ADV hints, cute moments and screenies [[including those obscure ones that we overanalyze, the 'May-holding-Pikachu-is-important-because-Ash-trusts-no-one-except-really-close-friends-with-Pikachu screenies...everything really :) I've been doing my work - I've been collecting this stuff from all over our thread since like last year]]

- The reopening of the ADV bakery :D

- Mini fanfics from this thread, memorable quotes, fanart, banners, music lyrics, fanvids, merchandise...you name it :)

- ...help me add to the list everyone :)

I'll just dump off the button here...and the new banner I made for the header of our site (click on the button in my siggy if you want to check it out in full view on the site, or follow the website through its beginning stages with me~)

(I can change the design if you guys don't like it ^^")

(I can modify this too if it doesn't meet expectations ^^" On the bright side, I'm getting better at GIMP!)
    Last edited by Princess of Hoenn; 3rd August 2011 at 12:48 AM.

thank you everyone for your compliments and great news POH i look forward to seeing it!