Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 214

Page 214 of 494 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 7399
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Default Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Will Ash and May's relationship change from the time they've been apart?

I think May will have learned a lot from travelling alone in Johto, particularly how it feels to be by herself, without Ash cheering for her in Contests. At the same time, we know from the Wallace Cup that May's half ribbon is very important to her, being a luck charm for her Contests, although that is nothing compared to Ash actually being there and supporting her.

On Ash's side, the ribbon is obviously very important to him as well. He seems just as attached to it as May is, and it is reasonable to assume that he always carries it on his person. I hope he takes it out more often in BW.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder ;
    That quote seems to perfectly fit May's character. Nice.
    ?

Blog Entries

I don't think I've greeted you yet, Swampert55. Welcome! :D

Yeah, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm quite busy nowadays...

Yes. It already changed ever since May left and Ash went to Sinnoh. Both of them keep their ribbon halves with them at all times to remember each other by and to give each other the encouragement they need. That's where DD's quote fits right in, and that's why we got that great hint during the Wallace Cup arc in DP.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Got Pokemon Black!! Advanceshipper #1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #Daisuke# View Post
    I don't think I've greeted you yet, Swampert55. Welcome! :D

Yeah, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm quite busy nowadays...

Yes. It already changed ever since May left and Ash went to Sinnoh. Both of them keep their ribbon halves with them at all times to remember each other by and to give each other the encouragement they need. That's where DD's quote fits right in, and that's why we got that great hint during the Wallace Cup arc in DP.
    Yeah, I think DD's quote fits very well with the situation of Ash and May right now. I think the ribbon will always remind them of the great times they shared together as friends and as a couple; so yeah, to answer the topic, their relationship has changed a lot when May went to Johto.
    Of course, we all hope May comes back when they make remakes for Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald and when she does, we all hope Ash and May still have their ribbons halves...
    Wow..., not much activity here...
    Last edited by Advanceshipper #1; 17th December 2010 at 10:42 PM.

ADV Forever!!

I'm hoping that if a change will happen, it's for the better. I'm talking about Ash's dense-ness, of course. That alone, I think, is the most important detail that must be fixed in order for Advance to ... advance.

Registered User Lighting_Raichu's Avatar

Its good to be back with my fellow AdvanceShippers, and its nice to see that there was alot of activity while I was gone.

Its also nice to see that there are some new members. So welcome to all new members !! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Rider_Fan987 View Post
    I'm hoping that if a change will happen, it's for the better. I'm talking about Ash's dense-ness, of course. That alone, I think, is the most important detail that must be fixed in order for Advance to ... advance.
    There are many changes that can be made but I agree Ash's dense-ness should be the first thing that they should change because that will play a big role on Ash's relationship with May
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Winston Churchill

If Ash loses his denseness, or even loses some of it...
    I think would change their relationship for the better... even with May's long absense
    Oh, on a different topic...
    Have a good holiday and a happy new year everyone...
    Hope ADV stays strong in 2011.
    Last edited by Advanceshipper #1; 18th December 2010 at 09:32 PM.

ADV Forever!!

I'd better clear up my answer.
    Ash has to lose his dense-ness, but only at the "right moment". We don't want him to become too girl-crazy like Brock(heaven forbid), and if it has to disappear, then it has to be when May is around. Technically speaking that would be love at first sight, amirite?

I'd better clear up my answer.
    Ash has to lose his dense-ness, but only at the "right moment". We don't want him to become too girl-crazy like Brock(heaven forbid), and if it has to disappear, then it has to be when May is around. Technically speaking that would be love at first sight, amirite?
    Yeah, I never thought thought that Ash would start acting like Brock lol. Ash would have to lose his dense-ness when May is around acting all flirty with Ashy.

ADV Forever!!

Blog Entries

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blogs/25566/shipping-songs-vgm-22135/

Advanceshipping

Back In Time - Sonic R - Like I said, Sonic songs = shipping songs. This one is in the same train of thought as You're My Hero, but it's more upbeat and happy, which I think coincides with May's bubblier and happy-go-lucky personality. Concept is simple: May is traveling through Johto, is regretting splitting up and experiencing a whole new lifestyle that she finds she didn't want, and wants to be taken "Back in Time" to when she was with Ash and the only thing they had to worry about was where they "want to go." It's cute, it's simple, it works.

Pop Star - Eurobeat (Kirby 64 remix) When I think of the cutesey side Ash and May on a regular day, I think of Kirby music. This is the standard "Ash and May walking to the next town" kind of song. Very upbeat, just like the original song this is based off of, but the Euro-beat take on it brings in a sense of action that Ash brings in every day.

Jump! Jump! Jump! (Mario Dance Dance Revolution) - This is actually my bootlegged theme for May when she is doing a Contest Appeal, but I also use this theme for when Ash is coaching May, before her first contest, before the first contest she won, whatever. I get the "Tutorial" vibe when I listen to this song, and upbeat + cheerful = AS to me, so it's basic math.

Sweet Mountain, Act 3 (Sonic Colors) - Oh look, more Sonic Colors music. Take what i said about the previous Colors songs, and apply it to this song and AS. This one actually has a little bonus to it if you like to think Ash and May are big eaters; I wonder how they'd react if they found out they could run through donuts and hamburgers, burrow into cake, slide on icing, and had to avoid sprinkle missiles.

Aquaplanet (Aqualiss remix, Kirby Super Star I don't really like to use water songs for anything not Pokeshipping when it comes to shipping, but Kirby songs seem to make me think of AS to well. Ash and May's water theme, I suppose, especially the Luvdisc scene in the 9th movie, particularly during 3:05 and on in the song.
    Sp1derp1g's not the only one with an AS soundtrack :p Dunno about his, but mine is almost entirely from video game music though.

Surely other people have something like this? A personal soundtrack for AS that not only describes AS as a whole, but describes specific scenarios pertaining to AS?
    Last edited by RJoshua; 19th December 2010 at 04:47 PM.

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swampert55 View Post

Very recently, it has been revealed that

Stand together, Advanceshippers! We have every reason to carry on.
    I'm actually not surprised by this, since May's wooden Teddiursa figurine made a same camo in BW episode 1 most of us had a gut feeling that May would make some sort of camo. my best guess of her coming back is when R/S/E is remade. but now Brock and DAwn are coming back it does give us more reasons to raise our hopes that May's camo isn't very far away.

And more fanart by me! yay xD

http://slivermoon602.deviantart.com/#/d351lck

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

Post Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

Quote Originally Posted by battlefreak602 View Post
    I'm actually not surprised by this, since May's wooden Teddiursa figurine made a same camo in BW episode 1 most of us had a gut feeling that May would make some sort of camo. my best guess of her coming back is when R/S/E is remade. but now Brock and DAwn are coming back it does give us more reasons to raise our hopes that May's camo isn't very far away.

And more fanart by me! yay xD

http://slivermoon602.deviantart.com/#/d351lck
    I don't want to be a jerk, but they may replace May with another girl like they did with Crystal and HG/SS. Lets just hope that doesn't happen when they make R/S/E sometime in 2011- 2012.
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all...

ADV Forever!!

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

But unlike with Kris who was exclusive to Crystal and thus not as significant as May who has appeared in RS and E and has been a main character in the anime for a period of 4 years and some cameos. There is little need to replace her.

May's best chance at making a cameo is RSEmakes. Without that, she may not appear again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    But unlike with Kris who was exclusive to Crystal and thus not as significant as May who has appeared in RS and E and has been a main character in the anime for a period of 4 years and some cameos. There is little need to replace her.

May's best chance at making a cameo is RSEmakes. Without that, she may not appear again.
    she might at the end of best wishes or something like that, but all we can do now is hop that she does.

Look at your signiture, now back at mine.
    look at your sig again, now back to mine, you wish your sig could look like mine, but it can't
    Look again, my sig is now DIAMONDS!

I'm on BMGf

I was looking for the manga adaptation of Temple Of The Sea, but couldn't find it. Is it even anywhere on the internet?

What kind of advice would you think Ash's friends (all of them up to this point) would give Ash and/or May regarding their relationship?
    "From start to finish, I'm always at a climax!" -->Momotaros/Kamen Rider Den-O Sword Form

Blog Entries

I was looking for the manga adaptation of Temple Of The Sea, but couldn't find it. Is it even anywhere on the internet?

What kind of advice would you think Ash's friends (all of them up to this point) would give Ash and/or May regarding their relationship?
    I have a copy of Temple of the Sea, so it's out there.

I doubt Misty would give advice to foster an Ash/May relationship. Brock's advice would be thoroughly useless, so it doesn't matter.

...Actually, I can't think of anything else.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.