Advanceshipping General Discussion - Page 20

Page 20 of 494 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: Advanceshipping General Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: AdvanceShipping General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Hoenn View Post
    awwww, thanks DD-chan :]
    oh yes, and another new banner...as we are on the topic of "saving"...

the damsel in distress thing is just too cute to resist ^-^
    I wholeheartedly agree. I kinda wish we'd seen more of that in the show, or at least had it acknowledged more when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemanaphy View Post
    and i think we got a new
    member, hello mr.bob! i hope you enjoy this thread, ok? ^o^
    Thank you for your kind welcome.

And yes, this thread is very enjoyable!
    Diamond FC: 1289 4954 3195
    SoulSilver FC: 1591 7040 0907

blue skies and sunshine ♥ Princess of Hoenn's Avatar

^ a pleasure to have you join our humble group mr.bob ^^ may the advanceshipping spirit be with you always during your visit :]

awww....looks like i missed easter :( oh well, i'll throw in my goodies anyway - i didn't get to post them yesterday ^^"

looks like the easter bunny has decided to drop by some advanceshipping presents! well, go on, click on the eggs to open them! ^0^

(clipart of easter eggs were taken from here)

happy belated easter advanceshippers :]

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmof View Post

In the credits, you also see Ash and May joking around together on the monoral ride home. Ash is spinning around on the spot and May's laughing, whilst Max and Brock are talking/doing something together. I just love those end credits scenes the animators throw in.
    lol im glad im not the only one who scruntinizes the end credits ^^ for every AG movie, i would search the end credits for the littlest tidbits of advanceshippy fluff ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert23 View Post

That movie had potential for some jealousy moments, but Ash's denseness ruined it = /
    ughh....ash's denseness always ruins everything :( if it weren't for his thick head, we would have some fluffy moments in so many more episodes ^0^
    Last edited by Princess of Hoenn; 5th April 2010 at 12:06 PM.
    ❖ Banner and avatar by me. If you wish to request something, please don't hesitate to ask! :) ❖

My Fanfiction Account | Hope for Advanceshipping SITE | My Photobucket Account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Hoenn View Post

happy belated easter advanceshippers :]
    Aww, those are so cute! But the bottom one is making me hungry...

And how about a topic?
    Let's say there is a special ep/1-hour special/arc that features all three Pokegirls. With the other 2 girls being there, would it help push AS or help go against it?

Yes and no. Dawn seems like the one who would like the idea AdvanceShipping and who would support any of May's decisions. Seeing as how close she is to both Ash and May she might be able to persuade Ash into doing something with May.

Misty ,on the other hand, might not have gotten over her crush on Ash so she might get a little competitive with May. She might flirt with Ash to make May jealous. But atleast it would show that May has feelings for Ash. ;)

Um...that's all I have to say for now...

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Blog Entries

Yo

I'm taking a Wellness class at college, and we are currently discussing romantic relationships. And this piece of text in the book caught my eye:

"....what's remarkable is that most of us end up with partners most like ourselves - in age, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic class, education."

"Scientists have tried to analyze the combination of factors that attracts two people toward each other. In several studies...four predictors ranked as the most important reasons for attraction: warmth and kindness, desirable personality, something specific about the person, and reciprocal liking."

"...One of the most comprehensive studies ever undertaken on [the foundations of opposite attraction and similar attraction] found no evidence that opposites attract. Most people, the researchers found, tend to marry those who are similar in attitude...and values.
    Each time I read this, I couldn't help but think of AS (PeS as well, but I digress). Socioeconomics notwithstanding, it kind of sheds another light onto the "similarity" aspect of AS - in that, it is backed by factual data, and not something that was simply assumed. Each of the qualities, save for one, is kind of noticeable between Ash and May throughout the series - similar attitudes, personal values, showing warmth and kindness to each other repeatedly, reciprocal platonic liking at the very least, etc.

I don't know, I just found this very amusing and neat when I read it xD

The one exception I mentioned is the "specific quality" aspect, up there in the second paragraph. Throughout AG, I can't think of any instance where Ash and May said that they liked each other, platonic or otherwise, for any one particular reason. So I want opinions on this.

What one specific quality do you think Ash and May see in each other such that they are attracted to each other?

I personally can't answer it myself, due to thinking I'll just provide a cliche answer and just go away, lol.

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^ Mmm...It does relate back to AdvanceShipping doesn't it ^^

What one specific quality do you think Ash and May see in each other such that they are attracted to each other?

Hmm...I suppose his "Knightly" attitude is something May is attracted to. That sense of being protected, and seeing how kind he is must of made her really admire him :D Also, he never gives up, so that must of been really inspiring. [/cliched post is cliched]

Ash is probably drawn to how determined May is ^^;

...I'll think of more later...

Edit: So I decided to make another banner >>" Nothing special, just something that I threw together ^^;

Presenting to you, ADV banner number two!

>>

<< *hides*
    Last edited by DarkDreams; 6th April 2010 at 05:07 AM.
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

princess> just 1 word to say for your banner: AMAZING!!

dr.bob> sorry fir the wrong name. i called you mr.bob before,not dr. bob. sorry..

and nice find guys, for all of the new hints you have got.
    always support Advanceshipping. Forever!

Thank you princess of hoenn
    who has made a very beautiful banner for me

Blog Entries

AHH~ I didn't even see Dr Bob D:

--

Welcome Dr. Bob ^^ I have you'll find this thread pleasant and enjoyable :D And I hope you'll enjoy your stay here :3

I'm back, too!

The one thing that they are attracted to in each other? Well, I don't know about Ash and May, but, I know in my life I am very attracted to people that are passionate about what they do! Ash and May are both hugely passionate about their Battles and Contests respectively, and I think that is an attractive quality to each other. Passion is exciting, and I think we all have a desire deep down to meet someone passionate, in the hopes that one day that passion will spill over onto us... =) Aside from gender differences, I think that Ash and May are pretty similar in almost all ways, and any 'one' thing I think of is not specific to only one character. I guess they are the yin and yang, male and female, natural compliments to each other.

Thanks Princess of Hoenn!

hey, i find a new hint!
    it's in episode when ash meet mesprit(when may make a cameo.I forget the title).Shock,Ash run to his room and meet Brock. he says that he meet something in the lake,that make may,dawn,and zoey come to his room too. piplup and dawn (with smile) give ash bubblebeam that make ash hurts,and in that scene may look don't like for dawn and piplup's doing for ash(she try to stop them for attacking ash).i think it show us how may won't ash to get hurt.
    i don't know it's count as a hint or not

OKAY SONIC I GOT THE HINT

I think May finds Ash's confidence and determination in making his dream become a reality his most attractive qualities. She's made numerous remarks about his confidence throughout the Hoenn series, usually in a teasing fashion, plus that just seems like the kind of girl she is - she would prefer a guy that knows what he wants and has the willpower to see it through to the end.

As for what Ash sees in May, well who wouldn't want May I think he's particularly attracted to the fact that she looks up to him, yet is independent at the same time. It's kind of hard to explain, but I get the feeling that May has a special place in Ash's heart as the girl who calmed him and helped him to mature following his Johto adventures, as we were discussing a few pages back.

Of course I could go on and on about what they see in each other and how they compliment each other in numerous ways. They're both very supportive and understanding of each other (watch the Roxanne Gym episode and you'll see that Ash is the first person to tell May that he supports her decision to try for contests instead of battles), and they have an undeniable chemistry for working together as a team.

May would also probably approve of Ash's interactions with Max, which proves that he's good with kids, and she is clearly quite a motherly type of person as made evident in her own interactions with her little brother.

If it weren't for Ash, May would have never gotten into Pokemon and her life today would be completely different. I think she'll always be thankful for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDreams View Post
    Edit: So I decided to make another banner >>" Nothing special, just something that I threw together ^^;

I like it. Nice and subtle ^^

The Old Guard of ADV JbstormburstADV's Avatar
    Blog Entries

>>

<< *hides*
    That banner gives me the feeling that someone was high when they made that pendant... Nice job, and honestly, I may, "steal," it. =P

Well, it's obviously their shared entusiasm over food! *shot* XD

Actually, I'd say that they admre each other for their foolhardiness (SP?), considering both of them have often committed action, THEN thought it out afterwards. Not to mention Ash, in my POV, sees a lot of his younger self in May, which naturally gravitates him toward her, as he doesn't want her to repeat his mistakes, hence the teacher-student dynamic.
    My Fanfiction Account Page:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1396894/JbstormburstADV

My AdvanceShipping Board:
    http://www.phpbbplanet.com/advevolution

My Super-Awesone Photobucket:
    http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/JbstormburstADV/
    Roses die. Ribbons last forever

Blog Entries

I'm sorry I've been gone so long...

First off:

That banner is so KawaiiCute! Good job!

May
    Well, one part of Ash that May might be attracted to is his 'hero' attitude. Ash has saved her many times and is very protective of May. She might be used to the idea that Ash is her 'Knight in shining armor' and could be fond of the idea.

Ash
    He likes her well-developed body *shot* He might like the fact that May looks up to him. He might have seen potential in her. That could be another thing he could like in May and possibly the reason why he took her under his wing.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Blog Entries

>> Thank you for the praise .w. I wanted to make something simple...

ADV BANNER NO 3!

Ah, yeah. Thanks JbstormburstADV for the inspiration >>"

*hides again*

Yes, i'm trying to learn how to blend stuff. Help would be much appreciated *-*
    Last edited by DarkDreams; 6th April 2010 at 11:36 PM.

ADV BANNER NO 3!

awesome banner, Dd! good job!!!

and as I said in previous post, I said that I found a new hint. Here the screenshot from the episode : Prunning a Passel of Pals(sorry if there's a misspell)

and some cute screenshot I got(most of them from movie 9)

Hoo... I think I post too mnay picture now... Sorry