Your star pokemon deck.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your star pokemon deck.

Was Buggabo99909 Roserade299909's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Your star pokemon deck.

This is very basic, you just post your best pokemon deck you have made to this day, legal for a tournament or not, and then others are supposed to comment and/or post their own deck.

My best deck so far is made up of a few proxies first of all, though this is what it should be:
    3x Zekrom (Black & White, 47/114)
    3x Pachirisu (Call of Legends, 18/95)
    3x Shaymin (HS Unleached, 8/96)
    4x Snivy (2x Black & White, 1/114, 2x Black & White, 2/114)
    3x Servine (2x Black & white, 3/114, 1x Black & White, 4/114)
    2x Serperior (Black & White, 6/114)
    4x Solosis (Black & White, 55/114)
    2x Dousion (Black & White, 56/114)
    1x Reuniclus (Black & White, 57/114
    4x Potion (Does it matter)
    3x Pokemon Collector (Yet again, does it matter.)
    3x Rare Candy (Does it Really matter)
    1x Pokemon Communication (Still)
    3x Grass Energy
    21x Lightning Energy(Electric Energy as I call it.)

I take no credit for this banner, Kamex made it for me.

Default Re: Your star pokemon deck.

Quote Originally Posted by buggabo99909 View Post
    This is very basic, you just post your best pokemon deck you have made to this day, legal for a tournament or not, and then others are supposed to comment and/or post their own deck.

My best deck so far is made up of a few proxies first of all, though this is what it should be:
    3x Zekrom (Black & White, 47/114)
    3x Pachirisu (Call of Legends, 18/95)
    3x Shaymin (HS Unleached, 8/96)
    4x Snivy (2x Black & White, 1/114, 2x Black & White, 2/114)
    3x Servine (2x Black & white, 3/114, 1x Black & White, 4/114)
    2x Serperior (Black & White, 6/114)
    4x Solosis (Black & White, 55/114)
    2x Dousion (Black & White, 56/114)
    1x Reuniclus (Black & White, 57/114
    4x Potion (Does it matter)
    3x Pokemon Collector (Yet again, does it matter.)
    3x Rare Candy (Does it Really matter)
    1x Pokemon Communication (Still)
    3x Grass Energy
    21x Lightning Energy(Electric Energy as I call it.)
    You need more supporters, such as fisherman or engineers adjustments or Interviewers questions. Also you should only run 2 Servine, add a Serperior, only 2 Solosis, 1 Duosion, and 2 Reuniclus. Definetly 4 rare candies. Get rid of the potions. Add a Cleffa (HGSS) for draw support. Only about 14 Lightning energies. Those are the major changes I see right off the bat.
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    You need more supporters, such as fisherman or engineers adjustments or Interviewers questions. Also you should only run 2 Servine, add a Serperior, only 2 Solosis, 1 Duosion, and 2 Reuniclus. Definetly 4 rare candies. Get rid of the potions. Add a Cleffa (HGSS) for draw support. Only about 14 Lightning energies. Those are the major changes I see right off the bat.
    I rahter not actually use a whole bunch of supporters, and the only problem is that this was made out of cards I had sitting around, and will have. Plus, I don't need two reuniclus, and rather have a abundance of energy. My Zekrom can't be killed unless you deal 130 damage in one hit to it, since I have the reuniclus and serperior, letting me remove all damage counters by your turn.

It's not that I am saying bad about what you said, it is just not how I play. I rather play on a rim, with a slight chance of losing, than play womething that doesn't reflect me. Plus, I got this strategy off of pokemon.com, which actually makes it work extremely fast anyways.

I rather truncate my evolution lines, rather than just rely on rare candies to get pokemon out. and I have never had an energy problem playing with even 32 energies in my deck, I still get less energies than I need if anything. I will see if I can get that way to work though.

Quote Originally Posted by buggabo99909 View Post
    I rahter not actually use a whole bunch of supporters, and the only problem is that this was made out of cards I had sitting around, and will have. Plus, I don't need two reuniclus, and rather have a abundance of energy. My Zekrom can't be killed unless you deal 130 damage in one hit to it, since I have the reuniclus and serperior, letting me remove all damage counters by your turn.

It's not that I am saying bad about what you said, it is just not how I play. I rather play on a rim, with a slight chance of losing, than play womething that doesn't reflect me. Plus, I got this strategy off of pokemon.com, which actually makes it work extremely fast anyways.

I rather truncate my evolution lines, rather than just rely on rare candies to get pokemon out. and I have never had an energy problem playing with even 32 energies in my deck, I still get less energies than I need if anything. I will see if I can get that way to work though.
    I understand where you are coming from, but I play from more of a competitive standpoint, so that is the type of advice i give (plus u mentioned you were using proxies)... What happens if your Reuniclus is a prize card? And right now your deck is running mostly off of luck that you get all the cards that you need. Supporters would help you find them faster. As would having less energies with supporters to pull them out. And dont forget 1) Zekrom has a weakness to ground, making him easy to get knocked out like that, and 2) If you have trouble getting your Reuniclus out, you are going to be in some trouble. 3) Zekrom's bolt strike does 40 to self, and that cant be moved off him till the next turn. Serperior can heal one of those, but then Zekrom can be one hit KOed from 100 instead of 130.

Why do you only have 3 grass energy?

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

He really doesn't need too many Grass energies--I don't think any of his Grass pokemon's attacks take any more than 1. (Simple search on Serebii's Cardex.)

He could use some Psychic energy though, right?

Then again, I don't know anything about the card game really. Well, I know a little, but that's nothing.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, but I play from more of a competitive standpoint, so that is the type of advice i give (plus u mentioned you were using proxies)... What happens if your Reuniclus is a prize card? And right now your deck is running mostly off of luck that you get all the cards that you need. Supporters would help you find them faster. As would having less energies with supporters to pull them out. And dont forget 1) Zekrom has a weakness to ground, making him easy to get knocked out like that, and 2) If you have trouble getting your Reuniclus out, you are going to be in some trouble. 3) Zekrom's bolt strike does 40 to self, and that cant be moved off him till the next turn. Serperior can heal one of those, but then Zekrom can be one hit KOed from 100 instead of 130.
    I rarely use bolt strike, plus, I usually don't get reuniclus in the prizes, or have only one of my serperior out. Ialso don't like what I call cliffhangers being formed of the cards, which is why I say that. I enjoy your opinion, and i am being open minded about it, I just don't play completely competetively, more of just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
    Why do you only have 3 grass energy?
    I have 3 grass energy so that if I need to, I can use the Shaymin of Serperior.

Quote Originally Posted by League View Post
    He really doesn't need too many Grass energies--I don't think any of his Grass pokemon's attacks take any more than 1. (Simple search on Serebii's Cardex.)

He could use some Psychic energy though, right?

Then again, I don't know anything about the card game really. Well, I know a little, but that's nothing.
    Reuniclus is not used as an attacker in this deck. Serperior is rarely used, but sometimes in a pinch.
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Blog Entries

So, Palbert, why don't you post your favorite deck for everyone to see if you play so competitively?

well... my deck isnt all that different than yours... but i dont have all the cards i need for it yet, so im not quite sure what the final product will be
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Blog Entries

Okay, figured I would ask, it sounded like a fine idea since you said you played.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Currently running Mew Prime/Tornadus.

4x Mew Prime
    4x Tornadus
    2x Zoroark BW
    2x Zorua BW
    2x Cinccino BW
    2x Shaymin UL
    2x Jirachi UL
    1x Cleffa HGSS

Standard T/S/S line with 4 Catcher and 3 PokeGear. I run 4 DCE and 9 or 10 Psychic Energies. I'm at school at the moment and don't remember the list card for card. Can't think of any other quirks off the top of my head. It's pretty solid.

Roserade, Zekrom/Pachirisu/Shaymin, usually with Tornadus as well, is actually a very strong metagame deck right now, but your build has too many energies, weird and unnecessary Serperior and Reuniclus lines, and nowhere near enough Supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    Currently running Mew Prime/Tornadus.

4x Mew Prime
    4x Tornadus
    2x Zoroark BW
    2x Zorua BW
    2x Cinccino BW
    2x Shaymin UL
    2x Jirachi UL
    1x Cleffa HGSS

Standard T/S/S line with 4 Catcher and 3 PokeGear. I run 4 DCE and 9 or 10 Psychic Energies. I'm at school at the moment and don't remember the list card for card. Can't think of any other quirks off the top of my head. It's pretty solid.

Roserade, Zekrom/Pachirisu/Shaymin, usually with Tornadus as well, is actually a very strong metagame deck right now, but your build has too many energies, weird and unnecessary Serperior and Reuniclus lines, and nowhere near enough Supporters.
    what makes tornadus so effective? it can be one hit koed by reshiram and zekrom, and cant hit them back...
    Pokemon TCG discussion

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) meme 4 2012 Jesterman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not legal for tournament play, I only play with my friends anyway. It probably sucks from a competitive standpoint.
    x1 Professor Juniper
    x2 Poke Ball
    x1 Potion
    x1 Revive
    x1 Every Grass Starter, Basic, Stage 1, and Stage 2
    x1 Shaymin
    x1 Shaymin lvl. X
    x1 Venonat
    x1 Venomoth
    x1 Combee
    x1 Vespiquen
    x1 Tangela
    x1 Tangrowth
    x30 Grass Energy
    u want the d

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterman View Post
    Not legal for tournament play, I only play with my friends anyway. It probably sucks from a competitive standpoint.
    x1 Professor Juniper
    x2 Poke Ball
    x1 Potion
    x1 Revive
    x1 Every Grass Starter, Basic, Stage 1, and Stage 2
    x1 Shaymin
    x1 Shaymin lvl. X
    x1 Venonat
    x1 Venomoth
    x1 Combee
    x1 Vespiquen
    x1 Tangela
    x1 Tangrowth
    x30 Grass Energy
    yeah... it doesnt do much good if we dont know what sets the pokemon are from
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast