Yeah you can talk about bad trades you made, but what about ripoffs courtesy of YOU?

Thread: Yeah you can talk about bad trades you made, but what about ripoffs courtesy of YOU?

THE CULT OF PERSONALITY System Error's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Yeah you can talk about bad trades you made, but what about ripoffs courtesy of YOU?

I once traded a Jungle Rhyhorn for a Venomoth. It was the funniest thing ever. Every time the kid saw me afterwards he whined "i want my venomoth baaack." Literally, every time. I could be chilling at the park with some friends, he could come up all "i want my venomoth baaack." We could be playing cops and robbers, he gives away my position, "i want my venomoth baaack." I could just be playing a match, "i want my venomoth baaack." I never gave it back. One time I asked for another rare card in exchange, which he refused. Another time I had the card on me, and he was whining, so I was like "You want it back so bad?", crumpled it and handed it to him...only to pull it away afterwards. "Psyche!"

Later, I traded him some uncommons for a Blackwater Gyarados. Remember those? They are aka a fake non-holo Japanese one. But later, I traded that for a real one. He knew it was fake, but he also thought it was sweet. So not really a ripoff, but something I need to make a note of all the same.
    Don't know what to put here.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

Default Re: Yeah you can talk about bad trades you made, but what about ripoffs courtesy of Y

Hmmm. I made note of mine in the 'regretable trades' thread, but I'll mention it again here.

I found a beyblade lying on the ground and convinced a kid to trade me his base set Charizard for it. A minute later, he found out that the beyblade was sombody else's and gave it back. Then he wanted his Charizard back. I kept it. I'm a horrible person.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Yeah you can talk about bad trades you made, but what about ripoffs courtesy of Y

I have a six year old brother. Do I really need to explain?

"Luke, this card is nice and shiny, mind trading it for your Rare Candy/Roseanne's Research?"

I traded a crappy deck for roughly 40 cards, mostly rare and holo with the prizes being a SV Garchomp C LvX and Promo Giratina LvX. The kid new what he was trading for, and it made him happy, so i dont really feel guilty at all
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

Oh yeah, I used to make unfair trade offers to my little cousin all the time. Usually he was pretty suspicious though, so it's not like I ever cheated him too bad. When my dad found out he talked me out of doing that anymore, so I don't really dabble in unfair trades these days.

Can't remember anything specific that we traded for, but it was probably just some commons for rares or something.

Blog Entries

Follow Skitty-Lover on Tumblr

I gave my sister $2 and promised to knit her something for 74 cards and 100card covers. She was happy though...