Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19

    Default Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

    I've been interested in creating a deck and playing the card game, but where I live, I don't know where or who I could play with.

    I live in Calgary, in Canada, and was wondering if there is any place just to play the TCG, whether it be tournaments, casual games, etc. I wanna know if it is actually worth buying cards, because I would like to play, but I don't know where to play.

    If you don't know the Calgary area, how would I go about finding Pokemon games in my area? I used google but haven't had much luck...



    Many thanks and appreciation to anyone who posts!

  2. #2
    #winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Posts
    2,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

    Try reading this.

    Hope it helps.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

    Thanks for that! I searched in the forums for any information, but couldn't really find anything. Very informative, and I managed to find a couple places.

    Now all I have to do is muster up all the courage to walk in there as a total newbie, and play!

  4. #4
    #winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Posts
    2,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

    Quote Originally Posted by jBookey View Post
    Thanks for that! I searched in the forums for any information, but couldn't really find anything. Very informative, and I managed to find a couple places.

    Now all I have to do is muster up all the courage to walk in there as a total newbie, and play!
    Good luck! You'll find that people are very accepting of new people and will jump to teach you how to play, the metagame, etc. etc.

    Interested in playing competitively at any point down the road, perhaps?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

    Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    Good luck! You'll find that people are very accepting of new people and will jump to teach you how to play, the metagame, etc. etc.

    Interested in playing competitively at any point down the road, perhaps?
    Maybe, maybe. We'll see how good I get, but that'll be down the road quite a ways! RIght now I'll just be at the newbie table getting pwned by newbies. Perhaps I should contact one of the leagues to check out what it's like.

  6. #6
    #winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Posts
    2,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

    Quote Originally Posted by jBookey View Post
    Maybe, maybe. We'll see how good I get, but that'll be down the road quite a ways! RIght now I'll just be at the newbie table getting pwned by newbies. Perhaps I should contact one of the leagues to check out what it's like.
    No, no. Trust me. Just show up. I T4'd at my first tournament, only a few months after I started playing. Everyone at my league was and still is extremely helpful and supportive... there's not a Pokemon player around who doesn't love to see someone new interested in the game.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

    Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    No, no. Trust me. Just show up. I T4'd at my first tournament, only a few months after I started playing. Everyone at my league was and still is extremely helpful and supportive... there's not a Pokemon player around who doesn't love to see someone new interested in the game.
    I contacted the league nearby, and the person was quite excited that I'm interested in coming. He said most of the people are pretty laid back, and any one of them would be able to walk me through the game, and help me build a deck.

    I'm really excited now, and I'm excited to meet the type of people, they really seem nice. I'm a little sad though because the league is on Sunday's, but I couldn't make it today, nor can I make it next week. But I am very excited for when I can play!

    They were even having a Triumphant theme deck tourney today, I was hoping I could make that one. Ah well, hopefully I can make it sometime.

  8. #8
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Interwebz
    Posts
    1,503
    Blog Entries
    161

    Default Re: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

    Quote Originally Posted by jBookey View Post
    I contacted the league nearby, and the person was quite excited that I'm interested in coming. He said most of the people are pretty laid back, and any one of them would be able to walk me through the game, and help me build a deck.

    I'm really excited now, and I'm excited to meet the type of people, they really seem nice. I'm a little sad though because the league is on Sunday's, but I couldn't make it today, nor can I make it next week. But I am very excited for when I can play!

    They were even having a Triumphant theme deck tourney today, I was hoping I could make that one. Ah well, hopefully I can make it sometime.
    Your story sounds like mine, and now I go to League all the time. The best part of League is that, as you said, it is very laid back, and anyone can start and have fun. In my opinion, League is the best aspect of the entire Pokémon franchise, not just the TCG.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

    Quote Originally Posted by immewnity View Post
    Your story sounds like mine, and now I go to League all the time. The best part of League is that, as you said, it is very laid back, and anyone can start and have fun. In my opinion, League is the best aspect of the entire Pokémon franchise, not just the TCG.
    Yeah, it sounds pretty cool. I'm surprised though that the guy said they'd be happy for me to come by, even when I said I never played before, nor do I have a deck! But I guess they are more than willing to help.

    I am interested in hearing about your story though, ha.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

    If there was a revamping of the cards, I'd be more apt to play.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •