Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

Thread: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

Default Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

I've been interested in creating a deck and playing the card game, but where I live, I don't know where or who I could play with.

I live in Calgary, in Canada, and was wondering if there is any place just to play the TCG, whether it be tournaments, casual games, etc. I wanna know if it is actually worth buying cards, because I would like to play, but I don't know where to play.

If you don't know the Calgary area, how would I go about finding Pokemon games in my area? I used google but haven't had much luck...

Many thanks and appreciation to anyone who posts!

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Where can I play the Pokemon TCG?

Try reading this.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for that! I searched in the forums for any information, but couldn't really find anything. Very informative, and I managed to find a couple places.

Now all I have to do is muster up all the courage to walk in there as a total newbie, and play!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jBookey View Post
    Thanks for that! I searched in the forums for any information, but couldn't really find anything. Very informative, and I managed to find a couple places.

Now all I have to do is muster up all the courage to walk in there as a total newbie, and play!
    Good luck! You'll find that people are very accepting of new people and will jump to teach you how to play, the metagame, etc. etc.

Interested in playing competitively at any point down the road, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    Good luck! You'll find that people are very accepting of new people and will jump to teach you how to play, the metagame, etc. etc.

Interested in playing competitively at any point down the road, perhaps?
    Maybe, maybe. We'll see how good I get, but that'll be down the road quite a ways! RIght now I'll just be at the newbie table getting pwned by newbies. Perhaps I should contact one of the leagues to check out what it's like.

Blog Entries

Maybe, maybe. We'll see how good I get, but that'll be down the road quite a ways! RIght now I'll just be at the newbie table getting pwned by newbies. Perhaps I should contact one of the leagues to check out what it's like.
    No, no. Trust me. Just show up. I T4'd at my first tournament, only a few months after I started playing. Everyone at my league was and still is extremely helpful and supportive... there's not a Pokemon player around who doesn't love to see someone new interested in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    No, no. Trust me. Just show up. I T4'd at my first tournament, only a few months after I started playing. Everyone at my league was and still is extremely helpful and supportive... there's not a Pokemon player around who doesn't love to see someone new interested in the game.
    I contacted the league nearby, and the person was quite excited that I'm interested in coming. He said most of the people are pretty laid back, and any one of them would be able to walk me through the game, and help me build a deck.

I'm really excited now, and I'm excited to meet the type of people, they really seem nice. I'm a little sad though because the league is on Sunday's, but I couldn't make it today, nor can I make it next week. But I am very excited for when I can play!

They were even having a Triumphant theme deck tourney today, I was hoping I could make that one. Ah well, hopefully I can make it sometime.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I contacted the league nearby, and the person was quite excited that I'm interested in coming. He said most of the people are pretty laid back, and any one of them would be able to walk me through the game, and help me build a deck.

I'm really excited now, and I'm excited to meet the type of people, they really seem nice. I'm a little sad though because the league is on Sunday's, but I couldn't make it today, nor can I make it next week. But I am very excited for when I can play!

They were even having a Triumphant theme deck tourney today, I was hoping I could make that one. Ah well, hopefully I can make it sometime.
    Your story sounds like mine, and now I go to League all the time. The best part of League is that, as you said, it is very laid back, and anyone can start and have fun. In my opinion, League is the best aspect of the entire Pokémon franchise, not just the TCG.

Quote Originally Posted by immewnity View Post
    Your story sounds like mine, and now I go to League all the time. The best part of League is that, as you said, it is very laid back, and anyone can start and have fun. In my opinion, League is the best aspect of the entire Pokémon franchise, not just the TCG.
    Yeah, it sounds pretty cool. I'm surprised though that the guy said they'd be happy for me to come by, even when I said I never played before, nor do I have a deck! But I guess they are more than willing to help.

I am interested in hearing about your story though, ha.

If there was a revamping of the cards, I'd be more apt to play.