Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Simple Questions thread

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions thread

Quote Originally Posted by Milkapoke View Post
    Hello, I have another question :)

How much is a holo Misty's Golduck, 1st edition, with nothing wrong with it at all?? And how much is the holo Shining Tyranitar worth (also with no problems)??

Thanks!!!
    Misty's Golduck, probably around $5-$6. The T-Tar I can see you getting as much as $20 for, but $15 is more realistic.

Charizard Lover Extreme charizardman's Avatar

When you go to a prerelease do you have to battle? I never have played the Pokemon TCG just collected and really wanna go to the Undaunted Prerelease. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charizardman View Post
    When you go to a prerelease do you have to battle? I never have played the Pokemon TCG just collected and really wanna go to the Undaunted Prerelease. Thanks!
    I would suggest playing one round and then dropping. I don't think you necessarily have to play, but not playing at a prerelease is frowned upon. Just play one round out and then tell the organizer that you have something else to attend to and drop.

Another option some shops offer is to sponsor a player that doesn't have the money to draft packs themselves. They play and keep any packs or door prizes they win, but you keep the cards they pull. I've done it before, it's nice.

Blog Entries

Hey again :D I just noticed (literally 3 seconds ago) that with my Shining Tyranitar, a Shining Magikarp shares the pocket sleeve with it....how much could that one sell for?? I fell kinda sumb since I just noticed that, and I've had it for 2 weeks....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milkapoke View Post
    Hey again :D I just noticed (literally 3 seconds ago) that with my Shining Tyranitar, a Shining Magikarp shares the pocket sleeve with it....how much could that one sell for?? I fell kinda sumb since I just noticed that, and I've had it for 2 weeks....
    The Shining Magikarp could probably fetch around $10-$15-ish.

Blog Entries

mmmk, I've got a question about a move on a card.

I'm battling my boyfriend right now, nd his Dratini (TRR-53) used Dragon Song.

"Each defending Pokemon is now asleep."

We cant decide whether or not that means all of my Pokemon, active and benched, are asleep, or just my one active Pokemon, which is Flareon.

He's saying that since it says 'each' of my defending Pokemon are asleep, all of them, active and benched, should be asleep.

We're a bit confused and clarification would be great, thanks. (:

nonono. What i am saying is:

Why would it say each? wouldnt each = all??? Technically your team is defending if its not attacking... so would it effect the bench? After all, the bench can be attacked, so doesn't that mean it is defending?

i have no clue whats going on. help would be nice. c:

Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    mmmk, I've got a question about a move on a card.

I'm battling my boyfriend right now, nd his Dratini (TRR-53) used Dragon Song.

"Each defending Pokemon is now asleep."

We cant decide whether or not that means all of my Pokemon, active and benched, are asleep, or just my one active Pokemon, which is Flareon.

He's saying that since it says 'each' of my defending Pokemon are asleep, all of them, active and benched, should be asleep.

We're a bit confused and clarification would be great, thanks. (:
    It refers to only the active pokemon, i believe. Benched pokemon are not considered defending. The text is written like that because if you battling with two active pokemon out each, then it would put each active (or defending) pokemon to sleep, not the bench. Hope this clarifies things (I also hope i'm correct)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    It refers to only the active pokemon, i believe. Benched pokemon are not considered defending. The text is written like that because if you battling with two active pokemon out each, then it would put each active (or defending) pokemon to sleep, not the bench. Hope this clarifies things (I also hope i'm correct)
    You are correct.

Benched Pokémon can never be affected by special conditions. Ever. The reason the text is worded like that is because, quite awhile ago, PUSA tried a gimmick type of battling where each player used two active Pokémon. It didn't work out, but it resulted in some attacks where an effect says to perform an effect on each defending Pokémon.

In this case, if you're playing traditional style, it would simply put your active to sleep.

Blog Entries

I'm thinking about getting into the tcg, are any of the theme decks any good? I own the ones (forget the official names) with Gallade, Rampardos, and Bastiodon on them. I also have lots of other cards collected over the years, I just collect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockman View Post
    I'm thinking about getting into the tcg, are any of the theme decks any good? I own the ones (forget the official names) with Gallade, Rampardos, and Bastiodon on them. I also have lots of other cards collected over the years, I just collect them.
    The Gallade Deck probably wouldn't be a bad starting point, though i don't know for sure. If you want to play competitevly in tournaments and such, you cannot use the Rampardos or Bastiodon decks. All cards before the Majestic Dawn set are now out of the rotation. If you just play with friends that shouldn't be a problem

Blog Entries

does that mean that any cards from Majestic Dawn can't be used?

Blog Entries

No, TBH all the theme decks are awful. However, the ones coming out in a couple weeks for Undaunted, the newest set, are actually decent and come with a pack, so I'd suggest holding out for those. Otherwise, just buy packs or buy individual cards online.

does that mean that any cards from Majestic Dawn can't be used?
    No, any cards before Majestic Dawn cannot be used.

If I got a deck with cards that have borders that are slightly off does that mean I bought a fake deck or are they misprints

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This isn't really about a card, but it's realted to the TCG..

My dad brought home these CDs by Wizards of the Coast called "Pokemon Play It!". They're really old, obviously, and they teach you how to play, let you play against the computer and build a deck..sorta like a TCG version of Shoddy Battle with really ugly animation. Anyone know how much these are worth?

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast