Simple Questions thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 358
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Simple Questions thread

  1. #46
    Forest of Less Lust! Redclaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    720
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    1. My friend got the alph litrograph card. How much would it be worth?

    2. Is there a place on bulbagarden to get a deck rated/commented on?
    Platinum: 1806-1823-4668
    SoulSilver: 2794-3045-7629
    Brawl: 2535-9599-2451
    Monster Hunter Tri: Skeeter




    forestoflesslust.proboards.com
    Free wolf roleplay made and run by me!

    Check out my Team chaotix fanfic at...
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/oops-once-again-team-chaotix-not-pokemon-72358/#post1912925

  2. #47
    #winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Posts
    2,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Redclaws View Post
    1. My friend got the alph litrograph card. How much would it be worth?

    2. Is there a place on bulbagarden to get a deck rated/commented on?
    1. Alph has a really low pull rate, but it's an absolutely terrible card, so he could probably net around $10 for it.

    2. Absolutely! It's a subforum of the very same forum you're posting in. See "Archetype Discussion."

    Good questions.

  3. #48
    Forest of Less Lust! Redclaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    720
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    okay! thanks!
    Yeah, the alph question was just because I found out its the rarest card in HS UL
    Platinum: 1806-1823-4668
    SoulSilver: 2794-3045-7629
    Brawl: 2535-9599-2451
    Monster Hunter Tri: Skeeter




    forestoflesslust.proboards.com
    Free wolf roleplay made and run by me!

    Check out my Team chaotix fanfic at...
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?p=1912925#post1912925

  4. #49
    #winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Posts
    2,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Redclaws View Post
    okay! thanks!
    Yeah, the alph question was just because I found out its the rarest card in HS UL
    Yeah, it's technically the rarest, but really, it's a truly awful card. :/ "Look at your opponent's hand" isn't exactly the greatest effect in the game.

  5. #50
    Forest of Less Lust! Redclaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    720
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    no offense, but doesnt it actually say shuffle your deck?

    edit: Nvm, just looked it up on bulby. Theres two of em
    Platinum: 1806-1823-4668
    SoulSilver: 2794-3045-7629
    Brawl: 2535-9599-2451
    Monster Hunter Tri: Skeeter




    forestoflesslust.proboards.com
    Free wolf roleplay made and run by me!

    Check out my Team chaotix fanfic at...
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?p=1912925#post1912925

  6. #51
    Registered User Palbert6393's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    okay, how much would an error Shuppet(from Platinum) be worth... it is discolored, Shuppet is darker than normal and so is a little bit of the backroung directly underneath the picture... I know its not fake because I pulled it myself
    Also, what about a error Wartortle from base set that evolves from Wartortle

  7. #52
    Registered User Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,592
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    I'm looking to get back into this as a hobby to kill the time, but I'm not sure if it'd even be worth it. I have no room in my budget to spend on booster packs, so all I've got to go by is first generation cards. I know a few people who are interested in some competitions with me, but they've all got incredibly lavish and extensive collections that range from today all the way back to day one.

    So would my old cards even stand a chance against the new stuff? The highest HP card I've got is 90HP, while I see some cards with upwards of 150HP. I imagine skill/luck plays a big role in determining the outcome of a match, but it'd still be a little daunting to see someone pull out a Ho-Oh with 140HP on me, and I'd be left to fend him off with my Fossil Raichu. D:

    My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

  8. #53
    #winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Posts
    2,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Redclaws View Post
    no offense, but doesnt it actually say shuffle your deck?

    edit: Nvm, just looked it up on bulby. Theres two of em
    Yep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    okay, how much would an error Shuppet(from Platinum) be worth... it is discolored, Shuppet is darker than normal and so is a little bit of the backroung directly underneath the picture... I know its not fake because I pulled it myself
    Also, what about a error Wartortle from base set that evolves from Wartortle
    The error Shuppet... eh, how discolored is it? If it's just a little bit dark, that's common, so probably virtually nothing. If it's like, seriously discolored, provide a scan. Then I'll check it out.

    As for the Wartortle, that's an altogether different issue. That would probably fetch around $40-ish right now... it's one of the rarer errors out there. I might be interested in buying that or trading for it myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katelynn View Post
    I'm looking to get back into this as a hobby to kill the time, but I'm not sure if it'd even be worth it. I have no room in my budget to spend on booster packs, so all I've got to go by is first generation cards. I know a few people who are interested in some competitions with me, but they've all got incredibly lavish and extensive collections that range from today all the way back to day one.

    So would my old cards even stand a chance against the new stuff? The highest HP card I've got is 90HP, while I see some cards with upwards of 150HP. I imagine skill/luck plays a big role in determining the outcome of a match, but it'd still be a little daunting to see someone pull out a Ho-Oh with 140HP on me, and I'd be left to fend him off with my Fossil Raichu. D:
    I'm afraid Organized Play is out of the question for you, since it's Diamond & Pearl-on only right now, and starting in August, it will be Majestic-Dawn on. Old cards are banned for being old. :/ Look up "Rotation" on Bulbapedia. Should explain.

    However, that's by no means a problem if you're just looking to maybe attend your local league or play with friends. Your best bet is to build an old school deck with a powerful trainer engine, such as Haymaker. Look it up on Bulbapedia. It won't be legal for OP, but it's still fun and easy to use!

  9. #54
    Registered User Palbert6393's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Sorry, Wartortle's not up for grabs, besides I got it when I was little so it's not in the greatest condition. I dont think its horrible, but not great.
    Ill get a picture of that Shuppet as soon as I can
    Heres a couple more
    top half of Riakou and Suicune Legend. The cut is a little of center, and some of the holofoil looks like it was scratched off in the pack.
    Both the correct and error versions of base set Vulpix
    A holo POP Pack 5 Delta Species Mew with an upside-down back.
    Also out of curiosity, what is the value difference between Base Set 1st edition, shadowless regular, and regular

  10. #55
    #winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Posts
    2,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    Sorry, Wartortle's not up for grabs, besides I got it when I was little so it's not in the greatest condition. I dont think its horrible, but not great.
    Ill get a picture of that Shuppet as soon as I can
    Heres a couple more
    top half of Riakou and Suicune Legend. The cut is a little of center, and some of the holofoil looks like it was scratched off in the pack.
    Both the correct and error versions of base set Vulpix
    A holo POP Pack 5 Delta Species Mew with an upside-down back.
    Also out of curiosity, what is the value difference between Base Set 1st edition, shadowless regular, and regular
    1. The RSL half probably isn't worth much. Scratched off holofoil and slightly miscut are two of the most common errors.

    2. Correct BS Vulpix = virtually worthless... and what exactly is the error? :/

    3. The Mew d isn't worth much... a lot of them, if not all of them, were printed with that error.

    As far as the value difference... a 1st Edition is worth generally a lot more than either shadowless or unlimited, and shadowless is worth generally a fair amount more than unlimited. But 1st Edition is worth the most by far.

  11. #56
    Registered User Palbert6393's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    The error on the Vulpix is that the HP and the 50 are flipped around. Considering I have at least 9 error ones, and only 3 correct ones, I wondered if the correct ones were rarer or I'm really lucky, or neither

  12. #57
    Registered User Palbert6393's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Oh, and does the scratched off holofoil decrease RSL's value?

    Also I have a RH Uxie (LA) that it appears the top half of Lv. 55 was either not printed or scratched off. Forgot about it till now
    Last edited by Palbert6393; 7th July 2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Remembered something

  13. #58
    私は大好きです... Milkapoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    With sexy men.
    Posts
    1,210
    Blog Entries
    424

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Hi there :3
    I was wondering if the Dark Gyarados (Prerelease, Holo) from the Team Rocket set is rare or not. No damage at all done to it. I also have the regular Dark Gyarados card (holo) too. I also got some old japanese holos, which are the following:
    Jungle Set Pidgeot (minor scratch)
    Neo Discovery Scizor (perfect)
    Neo Discovery Wobbuffet (perfect)
    Neo Discovery Butterfree (also, perfect)
    Neo Genesis Meganium (perfect, too)
    Neo Genesis Azumarill (perfect)
    Neo Genesis Heracross (PERfect)
    Neo Genesis Ampharos (perfect :P)
    Thanks for your help!!!!
    Last edited by Milkapoke; 7th July 2010 at 07:57 PM.

  14. #59
    #winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Posts
    2,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    The error on the Vulpix is that the HP and the 50 are flipped around. Considering I have at least 9 error ones, and only 3 correct ones, I wondered if the correct ones were rarer or I'm really lucky, or neither
    You're lucky, but not that lucky. The error one is worth maybe a few dollars more than the non-error one, based on my research.

    Quote Originally Posted by Palbert6393 View Post
    Oh, and does the scratched off holofoil decrease RSL's value?

    Also I have a RH Uxie (LA) that it appears the top half of Lv. 55 was either not printed or scratched off. Forgot about it till now
    Nah, the scratched off holo shouldn't decrease its value if it's a printing error. If it was like scratched or something, then yes, but a printing error shouldn't be a problem.

    As for the Uxie, I actually have the exact same thing on one of mine. It's not worth more than a normal RH Uxie, which is around $7-$8.

    Quote Originally Posted by Milkapoke View Post
    Hi there :3
    I was wondering if the Dark Gyarados (Prerelease, Holo) from the Team Rocket set is rare or not. No damage at all done to it. I also have the regular Dark Gyarados card (holo) too. I also got some old japanese holos, which are the following:
    Jungle Set Pidgeot (minor scratch)
    Neo Discovery Scizor (perfect)
    Neo Discovery Wobbuffet (perfect)
    Neo Discovery Butterfree (also, perfect)
    Neo Genesis Meganium (perfect, too)
    Neo Genesis Azumarill (perfect)
    Neo Genesis Heracross (PERfect)
    Neo Genesis Ampharos (perfect :P)
    Thanks for your help!!!!
    None of the cards you mentioned are worth more than maybe $6 or so, most slightly less. They're all in that range, though... the cheapest would probably run around $3, with most being around $3-$4.

  15. #60
    私は大好きです... Milkapoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    With sexy men.
    Posts
    1,210
    Blog Entries
    424

    Default Re: Simple Questions thread

    Hello, I have another question :)

    How much is a holo Misty's Golduck, 1st edition, with nothing wrong with it at all?? And how much is the holo Shining Tyranitar worth (also with no problems)??

    Thanks!!!

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •