Simple Questions thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Simple Questions thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions thread

In a Diamond/Pearl (Base) rulebook, it is stated that you require to flip a coin to see if you damage a baby Pokémon or if the attack does nothing. Is this still in effect?

Follow TokoTamer On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by sv_Gravity 000 View Post
    In a Diamond/Pearl (Base) rulebook, it is stated that you require to flip a coin to see if you damage a baby Pokémon or if the attack does nothing. Is this still in effect?
    The Baby rule only ever applies to Pokemon that actually have the rule printed on their card. The mechanic hasn't been used since the Neo block, so newer printings of Pokemon like Pichu or Cleffa have no such rule attached to them. Nowadays, the only thing reminiscent of the Baby rule is the 'Sweet Sleeping Face' PokeBody on cards in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Which while similar, is still very different.
    Last edited by TokoTamer; 15th April 2010 at 03:43 AM.

Is the Arceus card from the Platinum series rare at all? I just bought a pack today for fun and got one.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grooms View Post
    Is the Arceus card from the Platinum series rare at all? I just bought a pack today for fun and got one.
    There are, like, nine Arceus in the Platinum: Arceus set. Twelve if you want to include Lv.Xs. No, to be honest they aren't especially rare. Sorry. ;_; You can probably sell it for, oh, $4 or so.

Blog Entries

Red face Re: Simple Questions thread

Hello~
    I used to collect pokemon cards when i was young, 9 or so. But I ended up quitting and stopped buying them but I did however, enjoy the games still but stopped with the cards. Now I'd like to start collecting again. Thought I am not up to date with rarities, additional names added to cards like Lv. X names or "Ex".

So I wanted to ask, is there was a specific page that has everything to know for a Newbie? Like from scratch? :D
    "Pokemon TCG for Dummies"

Thank you~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Asimple2010 View Post
    Hello~
    I used to collect pokemon cards when i was young, 9 or so. But I ended up quitting and stopped buying them but I did however, enjoy the games still but stopped with the cards. Now I'd like to start collecting again. Thought I am not up to date with rarities, additional names added to cards like Lv. X names or "Ex".

So I wanted to ask, is there was a specific page that has everything to know for a Newbie? Like from scratch? :D
    "Pokemon TCG for Dummies"

Thank you~
    Nothing... in particular... D: What I would suggest is trying to find a local league near you using the official League Locator on the PUSA website. I think there's a link to it in the "No place to play" thread. The people there will be more than happy to teach you about the game, rarities, and whatnot. That aside, your best bet would be to look at "Category:TCG" on Bulbapedia and simply read through some random articles there on Lv.Xs, EXs, Primes, etc. etc.. You should find that very helpful. Other than that, ask any specific questions you may have right here.

Blog Entries

Hi I was wondering which one of these decks would be a good deck to buy if one wants to get back into TCG?

I looked the the decks from Platinum and up and found three that I think are really cool. Now I haven't played in....shit 4-5 years but I know the basics.

So which deck would be good to get the rust off? Flourish, Ignition, or Cutting Edge?

Or is there perhaps another deck that would be a better choice?

P.S.: I looked at the HG/SS Theme Decks and they're meh..and the new Steelix and Tyranitar decks(too lazy to search) are horrible imo...so yeah ^^;; I'd probably never get them.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ιɴsσмɴιαc View Post
    Hi I was wondering which one of these decks would be a good deck to buy if one wants to get back into TCG?

I looked the the decks from Platinum and up and found three that I think are really cool. Now I haven't played in....shit 4-5 years but I know the basics.

So which deck would be good to get the rust off? Flourish, Ignition, or Cutting Edge?

P.S.: I looked at the HG/SS Theme Decks and they're meh..and the new Steelix and Tyranitar decks(too lazy to search) are horrible imo...so yeah ^^;; I'd probably never get them.
    Cutting Edge has some really nice Pokémon in it, including that Beedrill there. Although, its Trainer line is overall crap. The other two are nice, but I'd probably still pick the bolded one.

Blog Entries

can i get both toys r us and big w Jirachi on the same game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ιɴsσмɴιαc View Post

Out of those, Ignition is your best bet. However, your overall best choice is the Ember Spark deck from HGSS.

Quote Originally Posted by cain 22 View Post
    can i get both toys r us and big w Jirachi on the same game
    I have no idea what you're trying to say, so I'm going to warn you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post

I have no idea what you're trying to say, so I'm going to warn you.
    im sorry i ment do thay have the same wonder card becuas we live nere a big w and toys r us so shuld i go to both and get both .

if you dont know i will drop it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cain 22 View Post
    im sorry i ment do thay have the same wonder card becuas we live nere a big w and toys r us so shuld i go to both and get both .

if you dont know i will drop it
    This is the TCG discussion forum. If I know what you're trying to ask, it's totally unrelated to the TCG.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    This is the TCG discussion forum. If I know what you're trying to ask, it's totally unrelated to the TCG.
    OH,ok sorry ithorut it was just a Simple Questions thread

i will go now and agen sorry

How do I get stadium cards? In boosters? what series?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krushpin View Post
    How do I get stadium cards? In boosters? what series?
    Sorry about the late answer. Very few people on this forum actually know what they're talking about TCG-wise, so you're pretty much invariably going to have to wait until I'm online and have the time to read your question and formulate a reply.

You can get Stadiums in a variety of boosters, as well as some starter decks. However, your best bet is going to be to buy them online from reputable sellers, such as on eBay or from yours truly. :] If you want to try to pull some in packs, try the Platinum expansion.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast