Simple Questions thread - Page 24
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions thread

Default Re: Simple Questions thread

So I'm looking to collect all the original 150 Pokemon cards in their earliest release as possible. So for e.g, I'd want a Bublasaur from the Base set as thats when it was first released. The base set only contains 120 Pokemon, so for the other 31 pokemon what set would I get them from? + how much would all of this cost if you could give me a estimate?

Is there any way to find out how many cards have been reprinted as a jumbo card, or do we just add that to the card's page when we find out? The Darkrai (BW Promo 73) page mentions it, but the Deoxys-EX (Plasma Freeze 53) page doesn't mention the Regular print being released as a jumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    Is there any way to find out how many cards have been reprinted as a jumbo card, or do we just add that to the card's page when we find out? The Darkrai (BW Promo 73) page mentions it, but the Deoxys-EX (Plasma Freeze 53) page doesn't mention the Regular print being released as a jumbo.
    A few intense collectors have been compiling lists online. It's something that I've always wanted to do on bulbapedia on my own, but never got around to it. This here is a pretty trustworthy list by someone I know did a thorough check (although not completely up to date).

Quote Originally Posted by SwifTer View Post
    So I'm looking to collect all the original 150 Pokemon cards in their earliest release as possible. So for e.g, I'd want a Bublasaur from the Base set as thats when it was first released. The base set only contains 120 Pokemon, so for the other 31 pokemon what set would I get them from? + how much would all of this cost if you could give me a estimate?
    Base Set actually contains 102 total cards, with only 69 of them being completely unique Pokemon.
    Jungle would be the next set, with fossil rounding out the final 150. The original Mew was printed as Black Star Promo #8 and 9.
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Come! Bring life to the TCG Sections of the forums!!!
    Pokemon Buy, Sell, and Trade
    Pokemon TCG discussion

初段空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Senior Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

I have one Meloetta EX card and one its attacks is:
    Round 30x
    Does 30 damage times the number of your Pokémon that have the Round attack.
    Is there any other OP Tournament legal card different to Meloetta EX that has the move Round? If there isn't that would mean that I need more Meloetta EXes to increase Round's power.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Senior Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v5].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    Round 30x
    Is there any other OP Tournament legal card different to Meloetta EX that has the move Round? If there isn't that would mean that I need more Meloetta EXes to increase Round's power.
    As I haven't been able to get my project of listing when every move has appeared in the Pokémon cards yet, I'm linking you to a temporary list. This shows all 5 cards with round, all of which are tournament legal.

Is Meowstic going to be good? I'm just wondering what kind of play this could see... It's low HP and the the attack is not to stellar. But what about its first ability? Moving the damage counters on enemy pokemon could be good. Especially if you had something that would hit 2, or more, pokemon with one attack?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    Round 30x
    a common deck for Round is Seismitoad/Meloetta, it just relies on Seismitoad for using round since you just need a double colorless for it

is there a lockdown strategy or deck in this TCG? i play the yu-gi-oh TCG, so i have had a lot of experiences having to play against them as well as using them myself.
    As far as i know from what i have read, there might be a lockdown but i am not sure...i only just yesterday was able to locate a PDF file of the rulebook..
    it states that darks tend to make the opponent discard from their hand..so would it be possible to make a dark dark that keeps their hand as low as possible while also keeping their active pokemon paralyzed or asleep? If we were to use that scenerio, wouldn't it just then be a simple task of layering in multiple attacks to knock out their benched and active pokemon before they have a chance to do anything?
    would that therefore likely result in a win?
    Would this kind of deck be hard to put togethor?
    Would such a deck be able to play decently?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by true snivy lord View Post
    is there a lockdown strategy or deck in this TCG? i play the yu-gi-oh TCG, so i have had a lot of experiences having to play against them as well as using them myself.
    As far as i know from what i have read, there might be a lockdown but i am not sure...i only just yesterday was able to locate a PDF file of the rulebook..
    it states that darks tend to make the opponent discard from their hand..so would it be possible to make a dark dark that keeps their hand as low as possible while also keeping their active pokemon paralyzed or asleep? If we were to use that scenerio, wouldn't it just then be a simple task of layering in multiple attacks to knock out their benched and active pokemon before they have a chance to do anything?
    would that therefore likely result in a win?
    Would this kind of deck be hard to put togethor?
    Would such a deck be able to play decently?
    a "lock" down deck that I know is an Aegislash deck
    you main three shields and one sword, you have Keldeo Ex for a float stone rushing retreat so you can abuse Aegislash King's Shield, you can run Mr.Mime to block all bench inflicting moves and maybe a Klingklang to prevent damage from Ex to your Steel Pokemon, Tool Scrappers are a big need just to get rid of Garbodor decks, it's kind of slow to build but once you get it right then it's pretty much game and slaughter against your opponent

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RaiseYourDongers Raikou Is Epic's Avatar

What card is this and what expansion is it from? Pokemon POKEMON Single Card B&W - LEGENDARY TREASURES - RC23/113 : Emolga (Full Art) - Pokemon from Chaos Cards UK Also, Wait Does this Picturetore show up?

Oh, never mind
    Last edited by Raikou Is Epic; 7th March 2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Ooops

Is having a deck of 60 energy cards legal?
    If so, couldn't just go to a tournament with said deck, then make the opponent deck out since I never draw any starter pokemon?

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about a typo on the Giratina 28/127 non-holo card? Mine says Remegade Pokemon when I believe it's supposed to be Renegade? Correct?

Hi all new to tcg and was wondering how the set rotation works?

Does it follow the base sets only or do they drop a prior expansion when a new one is released? If the second instance is the case then what is that average range of set legal at one time?

This may have been asked before but after reaching page 9 and realising I was still in 2010 I just skipped straight to the last page

Also I mostly a collector and I am aiming to complete as many sets as possible from base set right up to pressent and was wondering what is the best way to go about this? Do I just buy random assortment of boosters or randomly assorted collections like these: Pokemon Cards

Ps. Iam based in Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by AmorieFay2013 View Post
    Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about a typo on the Giratina 28/127 non-holo card? Mine says Remegade Pokemon when I believe it's supposed to be Renegade? Correct?
    Mine says Renegade!! Can you upload a picture of it?

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast